Jean Of mArc's Sprites (Round 7 Sprites Added!)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Re: Jean Of mArc's Sprites (Added MORE Winston Payne)

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I didn't upload them yet because I want to upload them both at once. I did a slight modification on my sprites on my end, but yours has a smoother scroll-in effect that I can't replicate for some reason.

And for the request: that's fine. As long as you can get it done, that's all it matters. Once you do it, I'll test your set, probably modify it, and show you a demo trial demonstrating how close to perfect emulation it is. And then send you those sprites.
Jean Of mArc
Spoken languages: English, French, Japanese

Post by Jean Of mArc »

ED: Sounds good. I'll let you know when it's ready to go!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

When it's ready guys, jean/ED, please change the topic title of your thread to show that you have updated the set, as I'll need to go ahead and get the sprites replaced in my trial (I'd also like to see the demo trial and see how it plays out)
Jean Of mArc

Post by Jean Of mArc »

ED and Phantom: As usual, when I get a request it tends to go to the top of my priority list. The timings are not right (I know) but ED seems keen on setting the timing himself, so I didn't bother to mess around with it too much. However, the actual path and progression of the sprite is pixel-perfect. Please let us know when you've adjusted them, ED.

E.D.Revolution

Re: Jean Of mArc's Sprites (ED/Huddini: Added Cross-Examinat

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Wow! I didn't expect that you'd get it done THAT quickly. I'll give you what I promised later today.
Jean Of mArc

Post by Jean Of mArc »

No problem! I had some time this evening and was in the mood to do it. Look forward to seeing your timing fixes.
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I have to ask what browser you're using. Are you using FF 3.6, FF4B11, Chrome 9B, Chromium 11? Just so that I can actually coordinate the sprite to work on all those as much as possible.
Jean Of mArc

Post by Jean Of mArc »

ED: For general browsing and such, I tend to use Chrome 9.0.597.98, however, when I play AAO cases I always use Firefox 3.6.13, as Firefox is the recommended browser for playing. I think Phantom always uses Chrome though. Probably the same version if he is up-to-date, but perhaps a beta of a future version. He could answer better than I.

Out of curiosity, do you know or know where I can find information on the different characteristics of animated GIFs for those browser? I mean you would like to optimize the GIFs for the correct browsers, however I'm not even aware of what the differences are...

Thanks!
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I sent you the link to a test trial and my edited versions of the special sprites. One thing that I can't help is that even though both sprites are timed exactly the same way, the Cross Examination sprite seems to go faster, for some reason :/

In any case, I can tell you that FF is best for GIFs as they play them accurately, whereas Chrome caps at 100fps, which doesn't really make sense, as none of the AA sprites come close to 60 fps...

You might want to search up dev forums for FF and Chrome. That's where I get my information about browsers and GIFs.
MilesEdgey
Spoken languages: English

Post by MilesEdgey »

Hello! I will be using your Old Payne's front sprites for my trial. Don't worry, I will mention you in the credits. ;)

I won't be saying too much just in case it ruins the plot.
Jean Of mArc

Post by Jean Of mArc »

ED: Hmm... for some reason I didn't receive your message with the link... Would you like to try sending it again? As for why the CE sprite is going faster... Hmm... maybe there should be more in-between sprites? I'll try ripping from the game at a lower framerate to see if there are any missing.

Reiji: Whoa, I didn't know who you were until I saw your signature, since you used to be MilesEdgey, right? Anyway, of course go ahead and use them! I am glad to see them getting some use. Is it a comedy or a serious trial?
MilesEdgey
Spoken languages: English

Post by MilesEdgey »

Jean Of mArc wrote:Reiji: Whoa, I didn't know who you were until I saw your signature, since you used to be MilesEdgey, right? Anyway, of course go ahead and use them! I am glad to see them getting some use. Is it a comedy or a serious trial?
Yeah, that's right. You can still call me that if you wish. And I won't be revealing too much at this point in time. I will be using them for both future comedies and future serious trials as well. Thanks for the permission! ;)
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Thanks for the sprite Jean.

But it's odd, there's still a huge issue with it not starting correctly after the 1st time, no matter how much I edit the sound file to increase/shorten the delays in it, I think it's safe to say that it might be out of our control.
Jean Of mArc

Post by Jean Of mArc »

Phantom: Sadly, I think as long as you are using Chrome, you might not get the best results when playing animated GIFs... :(
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Actually, check your PM again and play it in chrome. I've got it to play correctly in Chrome, only in Windows XP. I've yet to get it to play correctly in W7.

EDIT: It works on W7. Here's the link. You can update the 1st post with my tests.