Jean Of mArc's Sprites (Round 7 Sprites Added!)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Re: Jean Of mArc's Missing Sprites (Objection! and Blur Spri

Post by gotMLK7 »

You know, Count Olaf, I actually thought the same exact thing.

These are pretty useful, Jean of mArc. Keep up the good work!
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Jean Of mArc wrote:Hey guys,

Yeah, not really sure about the Chrome problem... I just tried them in Chrome myself and I see what you mean; it runs much too slowly.
Not sure how to fix that though...

By the way, I just made the blur sprites!! They work pretty well... in FIREFOX!! I usually use Chrome myself, but I always use Firefox to play AAO since it DOES work much better in that browser... no reason why you can't do that yourself, Phantom! :)

By the way, why did you remove your Objection! image?
Oh, it's a Chrome issue with gifs, nothing on our end.

Did you make the blur sprites for the AA1-3 versions? There's already the courtroom blur sprites that Meph did for AJ, but having the old courtroom blurs would be great too :D
And what do you mean can't do that myself? If you mean make my own blur sprites, idk how to animate at this point in time xD.
Or if you're saying to use Firefox, I can't, it plays too slowly for me no matter what, Chromes got the speed :D

-And I removed the custom objection sprite because it's a work in progress still, I'd like to get it perfected for my needs as much as I can.
Jean Of mArc
Spoken languages: English, French, Japanese

Post by Jean Of mArc »

Count Olaf & gotMLK7: I did have a warning in there! I guess I could have made it so that they don't loop, but that would make them look static. Feel free to use them if you'd like!

Phantom: Yeah, I already made the blur sprites from the first 3 AA games. They are in the original post. And yeah, I meant that you could use Firefox yourself, but I guess if you've got an old or slow computer, you can't... use what you can, I suppose! Sadly, you're stuck with the problems that it entails... and AAO is all about animated gifs, sad for Chrome users. I'm kind of curious though: if Chrome shows animated gifs too slowly... then when YOU create one that runs fine in Chrome, I wonder if it will be too fast in Firefox??
Last edited by Jean Of mArc on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Well my issue is kind of weird, if I play a trial on firefox, and it has an animated gif playing like a courtroom blur sprite, it'll play fine/fast, it's just everything else is so slow and laggy, INCLUDING when I get on the editor.

There's really nothing wrong with using chrome other than a bit of a slow lag with gifs, I prefer it over Firefox, it works great with everything else :D
Also, there's no correlation of performance if I were to create an animated gif, it's how the two browsers "interpret" gifs so to speak.
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Jean Of mArc wrote:Count Olaf & gotMLK7: I did have a warning in there! I guess I could have made it so that they don't loop, but that would make them look static. Feel free to use them if you'd like!

Phantom: Yeah, I already made the blur sprites from the first 3 AA games. They are in the original post. And yeah, I meant that you could use Firefox yourself, but I guess if you've got an old or slow computer, you can't... use what you can, I suppose! Sadly, you're stuck with the problems that it entails... and AAO is all about animated gifs, sad for Chrome users. I'm kind of curious though: if Chrome shows animated gifs too slowly... then when YOU create one that runs fine in Chrome, I wonder if it will be too fast in Firefox??
Yeah, well my games are also accommodating FF, esp. with Cross Examination and Witness Testimony sprites with a 1 second pause while on a 3 second timer. My :objection: :holdit: :takethat: sprites are also done to accommodate FF. You can see some of the effects. My fan games along with Phantom's fan game are the result of my programming.

Oh, and Google doesn't seem to think that fixing the GIF engine isn't important, though many people (not specifically from AAO) have complained about it. So there's no fix for GIF problems on Chrome.
Jean Of mArc

Re: Jean Of mArc's Sprites (Objection!, Blur, Backgrounds)

Post by Jean Of mArc »

I have added some backgrounds to the original post.
Dypo deLina
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Al Bhed

Post by Dypo deLina »

The backgrounds aren't very AA-like, but they're still awesome! :larry:
チラセ・マギタ
~Married to Evolina deLuna~ <3
~Loving father to ZetaAzuel~

Proud creator of Cynder Janice, Rex Gladiorum, and Raimpius in Endless Time.

Image Image
FenrirDarkWolf
Spoken languages: English

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

I'll keep an eye on this, I might need something later, good stuff though.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Post by Mimi »

Thank you for all these things you've done, it's a life saver. :)
mAc Chaos

Post by mAc Chaos »

Awesome, finally some blur shots!

Hmm, Firefox has always obeyed text speed commands for me.
The wolf knows what the ill heart thinks.
@mAcChaos

BEHOLD, the ULTIMATE CASE: MACFIA, an epic journey through time and space.
MilesEdgey

Post by MilesEdgey »

Sorry if I'm bringing up an old topic (to be honest, 10 days isn't really that old)... but these are incredibly useful, Jean Of mArc!

I have decided to use them in my latest comedy - Failure in the Courtroom - with credits, of course. Anyway, do you have the :holdit: and :takethat: sprites?
Jean Of mArc

Post by Jean Of mArc »

MilesEdgey: Glad you are making use of these sprites!! I haven't even used them in a real game yet haha. Probably won't until I make a "real" trial instead of a gameshow. Anyway, I haven't made Hold It! or Take that! yet, but because of your request, I will try to get them done within the next few days! :)
Jean Of mArc

Post by Jean Of mArc »

Update: I have added two new sprites to the main post, as well as sound effects to go with them:
1. The actual witness testimony sprites from the game. The one in the editor does not have the transition animations. Also, I have a custom sound to go with it.
2. An animation that is played when displaying evidence on-screen. They will not appear to be animating because they do not loop. There is a sound effect to go with them as well.

Also, my demo has been updated which uses the custom Objection!, the Blur, the Witness Testimony and the Display Evidence. See the difference it makes!

http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/jeu.php?id_proces=20703
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Re: Jean Of mArc's Sprites (Fix, Blur, Special and Backgroun

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Your Witness Testimony sprite is wrong. I cross referenced it with the real AA games, and it had about a 75 cs pause (yours doesn't). Also, the accompanying sfx is also wrong only because it came out of the GS3 Bonus disk. The SFX is based on the GBA version, but the one I have (look in my guide) is exactly the same as the one in AA games.
Jean Of mArc

Re: Jean Of mArc's Sprites (Fix, Blur, Special and Backgroun

Post by Jean Of mArc »

ED Revolution: Hmm... that seems a bit nit-picky to me... I made this one myself, from scratch, as I didn't know that there was already one out there, so it is to be expected that it won't be frame-for-frame the same. I expected people to be happy that they are available, not tearing apart details that really don't make that big of a difference... when I tried it in my games, it looked just fine to me. Also, for the sound effect, I made it myself from the sounds in the editor to match my custom animation, so it's not "wrong", as you put it.

The problem, for me, was not what you had to say, but the way in which it was said.
Perhaps a more "constructive criticism" way to put that would have been:

"Thanks for your work on getting those sprites available. I don't know if you knew this or not, but I already have posted the Witness Testimony animation online, which came from the game. Just so you know, your animation's timing is a little different from the game's, for example the animation pauses for 75 cm in the middle (I just compared it). That might help you to make it more authentic, if you care to update it."

Anyway, where are yours? I can link to yours so if people would prefer to use yours they can get them.
Last edited by Jean Of mArc on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:45 am, edited 3 times in total.