Proton's Arts/Sounds-(Latest Graphic coming soon)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Re: Huddini's Arts/Sounds of Magic (3 NEW AA Remakes Added+1

Post by Mimi »

The music was done nicely! I think it would work in the AJ timeline. :p I don't know about the T&T theme though...
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Godot's theme would have a different sax instrument to make it truly authentic, so yes, you're right to be unsure of that port.

As a matter of fact, if any themes from AA were remade to be in AJ, they would need a complete arrangement makeover. My only goal is to just get it to sound like they're in AJ :P
Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Well, I understand the part with Godot. It's not really too noticeable. I think it's fine. But I meant the Objection T&T theme, sorry for my vagueness. :P
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Objection theme for T&T is rather too light/positive to fit anywhere, so I can agree with your notion in general.

Wouldn't mind attempting it though.
Phantom

Re: Huddini's Arts/Sounds of Magic (1st Noob Sprite)

Post by Phantom »

If you guys didn't know already, I entered Singi's current art competition, which you can find here: http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =30&t=7542

Here's my entry post:
Puddin' wrote:Alright Lind, you're totally on.

I'm going to debut my first official NOOB frankensprite attempt.

I'm going to give two alternate designs (same char and all, but just a different hair-style) because I don't have time to work on this anymore.

There was some objects I wanted to add to make her stand out/make her appearance ironic about herself[description-wise], but again, don't have time to do so. One of the alternate designs has some outline/pixellations issues but I don't feel motivated to fix it.

I'll also post the different WIPs/concepts I tried out in my learning to how to frankensprite.

This is for the character of "Rhonda Derring", a character that appears in the second case of Narokh's Matt Silver series (Turnabout at the Convention).
I can't find the thread anymore, but I do have the link to one of the trial parts in the game where you can see the Ema stock sprite profile:
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/jeu.php?id_proces=14023

Description of the character as per in-game:
Spoiler : Spoilered in case no ones played that case :
Convention staff member.
Took part in preparing the stage, gaming room and players' rooms.
Doesn't seem to like gamers all that much.
Spoiler : Longhaired Design :
"Honey-boo I know my hair and titties are fabulous to gawk at...But I really need you to look up at my face if you want to know what happened in this convention.

...If you keep gawking at me, your cute face is going to get punched."
Spoiler : V1-Shorthaired Design :
OR
"What a loser."
Spoiler : My adventures in the world of nooby 1st time frankenspriting :
Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Wow, the body and the hair are of very high quality. I'm assuming it's a frankensprite with parts from another franchise?
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

What program do you use for your music?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

@Mimi you tell me x )

@Lind: FL Studio (I forget what version)
Mimi

Post by Mimi »

XD @ my obvious question
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

test:
my quick edit rev.:

Messed up: Tie, Face, suit color blue is over emphasized.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

More test, based on automations, no references used...WIP, original vs. edit:
Image,Image
DWaM
Spoken languages: English

Re: Huddini's Arts/Sounds of Magic (WIP's Check Last Posts!)

Post by DWaM »

Ooh... That one looks pretty nice. ...Maybe the contrast should be toned down just a tad bit, though?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

The issue isn't necessarily the contrast, but I decreased the brightness+desaturated everything that I edited (the leaves, the jacket, etc.) by accident (which happens to make the colors not vibrant as it should be).

Luckily though, I only have tehse edits as masks, so the layers are not touched at all...I can go back and redo this when I'm motivated to. If you notice (which ED also pointed out earlier to me in private), there is something funky going on with my sky vs. the originals. I'm trying to attempt a more foggy, grimy atmosphere in the edits, to reflect the mood of the ending of JFA. But the color of the sky isn't really pleasant, so it's throwing the entire bg off...I might keep it though, as I don't intend to fully go out and colorize the whole thing...Just enough to understand my experiment with the lesson of colorizing B&W photos more :P

So far the experiment's been a success, this is my first time editing something like this, and I have found ways to do as less manual work as possible...It didn't even take me 10 minutes to do that :D
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Random pattern I composed on the spot, used only Ghost Trick instruments since I was digging at what was usable:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8066810/gtcustomtrack.mp3

Note: I don't know how loud this is...I got beats audio hardware so the sound quality is clear, but my volume is "auto-balanced" that I can't seem to turn off
Phantom

Re: Huddini's Arts/Sounds of Magic (WIP Loop Check Last Post

Post by Phantom »

After seeing Dan's art thread of how he made some "HQ" "Remastering" tracks for AAI2 (see here), I decided to see if I could actually remake a song into something of an actual HQ Remake.

For now, I decided to do one of the Logic Chess themes, using the same MIDI file ripped directly from GK2 and worked my way from there.
I've also referenced only Dan's track as a base for my own "remake".

For comparison's sake, I will post the original song (I'm assuming it's the OST version):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8vRTuYhN1M

Here is Dan's version:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21005890/Danie ... pening.mp3

There is abit of flaw here: The drums sound like it's from a MIDI drum instrument. It clashes with the rest of the song (such as the bass instrument and especially the strings), and therefore greatly loses authenticity because it sounds "cheap" compared to the rest of the track. The original song has that "thump" to its drum tracks, which is IMO a great part of the track. The other flaw that I noticed was the implementation of the saw waves. It's too weak and blends in to the song in the background, which it shouldn't be. Although there's almost no type of wave in the original song, I understand this was chosen for creative purposes, which is no problem.

Also, the little sound/electronic synth that you hear in the beginning is used wrongly. Actually, it's more like it was used in the wrong channel. The quick, repeated, slightly middle-to-high octave notes that play throughout the song (from the beginning to somewhere near the end) in the DS version is actually a very good *Pizzacato* string (or at least, it sounds close to a Pizzacato string).

That doesn't mean his version sucks, but there is much to be desired, and in no way reflects the original song BECAUSE there's so much to be desired.

Here is what I've been working on and off in a rush today:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8066810/AAO/pr ... remake.mp3

The drums in this case is pretty strong, not thump material, but at least strong that you don't think it's a MIDI instrument.
I also used a bass instrument from the original AAI games, which is the only DS instrument retained in this track. Everything else is composed entirely of real instruments and/or enhanced saw waves I had lying around.

For those that don't dig the drums, I'm including an alternate version where the drums are used from the original AAI game instead, which you might prefer:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8066810/AAO/pr ... ldrums.mp3

You're probably going to ask why I didn't use the AAI 2 drum instrument set instead...That's mainly because I haven't founded the motivation to rip the entire instrument data yet :P