SS Sleuth Art

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Re: SS Sleuth Art

Post by Sleuth »

Few more sketchbook things.
Spoiler : Sketchdump ahoy :
baseball cap rider is best rider
how the hell do you even face
i got a brush pen and i kinda love it
This one features me attempting to write the most complex kanji I could find, because I guess Japanese class just didn't hurt enough.
I'm kinda proud of this one. I came up with this pattern for a series of 3s and 4s that blend into each other. I think it turned out pretty well. I'm one step closer to you escher.
The text is just the lyrics from Rush's "The Trees" but changed to be circles and squares. in other news, how the hell do you face draw
These two are assignments from my basic design class, where we focus on shapes and positive/negative space. Man this was stressful, because I am anything but clean and precise and no matter what I did it seemed that something got f*cked up. Even so I guess I kinda like it overall. I like to think that the bottom one has a bit of a narrative going on in it. I might redo it to make the story a bit more clear.

also. stupidity.

mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

The last four pics in the spoiler are my favourite XD I'm really liking the negative space designs.
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Thanks. I'm trying to

So I went to the Getty Art Museum today and spent the day sketching there. Unfortunately I couldn't scan in a lot of them but here are the ones I got to work.
Spoiler : :
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

I'm getting back to this.
Spoiler : :
So I'm kinda proud of myself for getting this done. I've been meaning to do an animation turnaround for my characters for a long time and though this is a rough one, I'm happy that I have it now.

More Isis. I just started this page to work out my issues I've been having lately and I think it came out well. I think the major thing I worked on here was giving Isis's eyes a more defined shape. I wanted her eyes to still be big and expressive while also having some Asian influences from her heritage. I also wanted to flesh out her face and expressions more, since she's a very expressive character. Pretty happy with it for the most part. The fact that it came out well lead to me drawing the turnaround above. I did, however, forget her headsets. Crap.

Some concept art for my upcoming trial, Gregory Granite: Rock Solid Attorney. These are mostly just practice and doodling around ideas I'd want to use. Why I'm getting so many ideas for this silly trial is beyond me.

These are just a few things I felt like doing. I did the first on a whim, then the second came and then after the fourth I ran out of steam. It was a worthwhile exercise, though, and I guess the results are pretty good. So there's that yay.
I've also begun setting up a Paypal account for myself so I can finally start taking commissions. If anyone has any advice relating to that, I would greatly appreciate it.
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

That's some really good art! I especially love the Pokemon teams, the Isis (is that how you spell her name?) sketches, and the Gregory Granite concept art. (I'll be honest, I'd really love to see a Gregory Granite case someday.)
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Commissions? Sweet.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how PayPal works, so... Can't really help you there.

now that I have a credit card for myself that means I can spam you with all the opal requests I want

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Calvinball wrote:That's some really good art! I especially love the Pokemon teams, the Isis (is that how you spell her name?) sketches, and the Gregory Granite concept art. (I'll be honest, I'd really love to see a Gregory Granite case someday.)
isis is isndeed how you spell it. As usual I promise nothing for Gregory Granite but I've been feeling inspired lately so I'll post some tidbits if I like them enough. I can't believe I'm actually feeding this silly idea.
kwando1313 wrote:Commissions? Sweet.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how PayPal works, so... Can't really help you there.

now that I have a credit card for myself that means I can spam you with all the opal requests I want
My life's dream: To draw Opal and be paid for it.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

*proceeds to give Sleuth all my money*

(Though, to be fair, I actually do want to commission something once you get this all set up. xP)

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

Commission advice, uh...try not to underprice, because that's bad, and write up some clear terms and stuff for your own protection in case anything bad happens. Don't start before payment clears since some people don't get back? Stuff like that XD

The stuff you posted is nice, they have really strong ideas and character. I really like how the Flaaffy and the Emboar came out, the Flaaffy's lines are neat and the Emboar is intense. And "a really hot jerk" "the heat is on" XD That's really fun-sounding, I would play it XD
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
hershel_layton
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by hershel_layton »

Everything looks amazing, and yet again, I really love the Annah's Team pic~ Just how alive ad active everything is is really cool! And I like the direction you're going with the Isis drawings, especially in the top left and one directly underneath it. also there's a crystal called Krystal I don't get it

As far as commissions are concerned... Take all my money and draw Annah forever Try not to underprice yourself, yeah. Possibly time yourself and get basic prices based on how many hours it takes you to do each type of thing? This might help?
Oh, and with paypal, you can either send invoices or give the person your paypal address and have them send it there by Goods and Services. Paypal takes a fee out of that, though. Depends on the amount being sent, but yeah. Just add the extra onto the prices when you post them up. (You can avoid the fee completely by having the commissioner select Family and Friends, but using that for business gets people into trouble with Paypal, so... And apparently you can get stuck with a fine for doing that?)

Of course, there's the whole get payment first thing too. And besides that... Make it clear what you don't draw, slot limits are a good idea, and have fun~
100% Certified Dersh
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Those are really helpful, thanks! I've heard a few concerns about Paypal, yeah, so that's mostly why I want to be careful. All the tutorials I've found so far are outdated, annoyingly. They tell me to go for a "Premier" account, but that doesn't seem to exist anymore. It's concerning, at the very least, or maybe I'm just overly paranoid.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Spoiler : More sketchdump :
This one is a bit of me working out outfits. I have a couple in mind that I might want to use but I'm trying to see which one I like best. I kinda want to go with the dress because it feels like it has a more dynamic shape, but I'm much more used to the hoodie and it feels more like something she'd be wearing. Also, I managed to draw her head three different ways in one shot. gg me. i'm interested in hearing what people think of each outfit.

Just some random sketches. I was working with the idea of weird, alien-looking creatures with bizarre powers. The one in the bottom left was inspired by my kneaded eraser.

kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Isis~ <3

So 'dorbs~ <3

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

kwando1313 wrote:Isis~ <3

So 'dorbs~ <3
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

SS Sleuth wrote:
kwando1313 wrote:Isis~ <3

So 'dorbs~ <3
sleuth why