Sleeping Beauty

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Zeel1™
Spoken languages: English

Sleeping Beauty

Post by Zeel1™ »

Morality or carnality
Such a natural confliction
They're the ones taking the pills
But I'm the one with the addiction

I pull up the covers and what should I see
But my very own Sleeping Beauty
That's what you are, it's true
Though it may not be a kiss that wakes you

Don't worry man, it's cool
She'll never know
It's much better then the alternative
And you know this is so

Don't you judge me
As someone to abhor
'Cause life's just a game
And everyone just wants to score

All of the pleasure
And none of the drama
It's just as evil
But there isn't any trauma

When she awakens, she'll know nothing
To me, it just makes sense
The only thing putting up a fight
Is my own conscience
This is a poem I just wrote. In case you can't tell, it's about a date rapist, trying to justify it to themselves. And no, I don't think it's justifiable. I of course mean no offense with this, it's... really just a story. Interpret from it what you will.
Turnabout Ghost - 1400 Frames
Ryu Ushiromiya
Spoken languages: American English, Español (Puerto Rico)

Re: Sleeping Beauty

Post by Ryu Ushiromiya »

This is a dark and interesting poem. I like the perspective you used: it's nice to see things from other points of view, so you obviously avoided the cliché factor. I like the rapist's mindset and characterization- the vocabulary fits. Great job. :D
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! CLICK HERE PLEASE?
Apologies if I do not reply in a timely manner. Sig by Tap!

Zeel1™
Spoken languages: English

Re: Sleeping Beauty

Post by Zeel1™ »

Ryu Ushiromiya wrote:This is a dark and interesting poem. I like the perspective you used: it's nice to see things from other points of view, so you obviously avoided the cliché factor. I like the rapist's mindset and characterization- the vocabulary fits. Great job. :D
Yeah, both of the songs/poems I've written for here so far have been from the bad guy's perspective. In this case, the victims have no idea what happened to them, so it... kind of can't be from them... :P Generally, I find it easier to get the story across that way, it's an interesting perspective, and plus I kind of like for them to kind of have that creepy vibe.

Thanks, I was kinda worried about how people would react to this. It really doesn't mean anything - the only reason I really wrote it was because of a few lines that I really liked that I thought up, that I wanted to put into something. Those being the part in which the title is mentioned, and "They're the ones taking the pills but I'm one with the addiction" line - the latter of which was something I thought of like literally a year ago... :awesome: "Life's just a game and everyone wants to score" has been in my head for a couple of months too... thought about putting "every player" in there instead, just to further the analogy, but decided to just leave it... I dunno, do you think it'd be better with it in?
Turnabout Ghost - 1400 Frames