Phantom's Korg M01 Music Topic

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

PhantomH

Phantom's Korg M01 Music Topic

Post by PhantomH »

I've been fiddling with the Korg M01 game/music app on the DS for awhile while trying to come up with some music for my trial. Sadly after only about 2 or so months of having it, I've only made two pieces >_> . Anyway, I figured I should post what I have here and see what kind of feedback I'll get from you guys. All links are Youtube links (Unless said otherwise) with a download link in their description. Enjoy! :)

Umineko - Core ~ Rearranged - My first work on this thing :D . I was mainly trying to gather ideas/inspiration for making an Objection theme, but then what I came up with is this next piece....

Illusive Confrontation ~ Magic Duel - An original work, which is inspired by (Loosely based on is closer to the truth) the above.

Objection ~ Flaw In The Trick - Basically a rearranged version of the above, but more suitable for Objection scenes and it loops (This portrays what I really intended for the original music, but the influence of Umineko got in the way :P ).

Would like some feedback. Will also be posting more works in the future when I'm done. Oh, and these music are available for all to use by the way.

Edit: Added Objection ~ Flaw In The Trick.
Last edited by PhantomH on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:41 am, edited 8 times in total.
No Dine. No Knox. No Fair.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Re: Phantom's Korg M01 Music Topic

Post by Blackrune »

Those are quite nice. :D
Sounds like an useful game/app.

I especially like the second one. You can still somewhat hear the 'Core' in it. Might end up actually using it if you don't mind. xD
PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

Thanks. And yes, Korg M01 is very useful. I'm not very talented when it comes to playing instruments and I can't read music notes so using it allows me to easily make music without any real playing experience :D .

The second track was loosely based on Core so of course you can kind of hear some of it (Mainly the piano parts since the intro part in my rearranged version is different than the actual BGM). I was actually imagining a battle between Battler and Beato when I made it, hence why I gave it the title. And feel free to use them any way you like :) . I've also added a more Objection-suitable version in case you want to check that one out as well.
Dypo deLina
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Al Bhed

Post by Dypo deLina »

I'm lovin' the Objection theme. ;)
チラセ・マギタ
~Married to Evolina deLuna~ <3
~Loving father to ZetaAzuel~

Proud creator of Cynder Janice, Rex Gladiorum, and Raimpius in Endless Time.

Image Image
Ryu Ushiromiya
Spoken languages: American English, Español (Puerto Rico)

Post by Ryu Ushiromiya »

How did you upload them to youtube?
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! CLICK HERE PLEASE?
Apologies if I do not reply in a timely manner. Sig by Tap!

Prosecutor Mikami
Spoken languages: English

Post by Prosecutor Mikami »

It's quite catchy :sawhit: great job! The objection theme sounds brilliant.
PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

I took down the Objection theme but reupped it with an improved rearrangement. I didn't like how the old one sounded pretty much the exact same as Illusive Confrontation but with different instrument synths, so I changed a lot of it around while keeping the same melody. Anyway, check it again if you guys want and let me know what you guys think of the new one :) . The download link for the old version is still in the file description of course, just in case anyone likes that one more.

EDIT: @Ryu

My bad man, I didn't see your post. I used a 3.5mm male to male cable (They're only about $9 on newegg) in order to hook my DS to the PC via Microphone jack for speaker sound output since I don't have a camera to record. Then I used Audacity to record the playback, Windows Movie Maker to combine the pic and music and voila :) .
Ryu Ushiromiya
Spoken languages: American English, Español (Puerto Rico)

Post by Ryu Ushiromiya »

Oh, direct recording. XD I guessed you used a male/male cable to record, but I asked anyway since I was under the impression that the game used an export-to-Youtube interface like some camera models. BTW, does the Korg feature an English interface or is it Japanese-only?
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! CLICK HERE PLEASE?
Apologies if I do not reply in a timely manner. Sig by Tap!

PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

It's all in English so it's very import-friendly :) . You should check out a few Youtube videos and see how it works if you're curious.
Ami
Spoken languages: English

Post by Ami »

Nice Korgie. Yes, that is a bad dog breed joke, why do you ask?

Nice songs. The last is definitely the best, since the first two are (to my understanding at this late at night) drafts of the third.
since 2008!
PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

EDIT:

Thanks :) . Well technically only the second one is, but I've decided to consider the two as their own separate track. When I was working on the original melody (The third one), I decided to change it up a bit for the visual novel project that I've been working on. After changing it around some, I came up with what the second track turned out to be. Although I didn't like how the last piano part played out because it sounded odd to me for some reason, I figured since it turned out pretty catchy in the end anyway, I decided to take that last part out and make the music loop with what I already have for the original melody. So in the end, I guess you can say it's sort of like how Susumu Hirasawa's Berserk Forces theme is loosely based on his Take the Wheel theme.

Anyway, I will add some newer works later this week, as I've been pretty busy dealing with my real life business this past week. Hopefully you guys will enjoy them just as much.