Turnabout Musical Wants YOU (Artists)!

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Ami
Spoken languages: English

Turnabout Musical Wants YOU (Artists)!

Post by Ami »

Hey, this is genodragon1 of Turnabout Musical! We're a fan-made, non-profit musical project that is based off of the Nintendo DS game "Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright", the first in the Ace Attorney series. The story revolves around greenhorn defense attorney Phoenix Wright as he fights for not guilty verdicts for his clients, striving against murderers and ruthless prosecutors alike. Not to forget Maya Fey, a spirit medium in training who works with the titular character to help exonerate his clients.

For information on what we are looking for from prospective artists, we have three separate threads on our forum for each team-
Characters Team Application Information
Backgrounds Team Application Information
Storyboards Team Application Information

For those of you that have been following Turnabout Musical, you may have seen our panel at ICON, where we unveiled the full animatic for August Day.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FULL ANIMATIC FOR THE OPENING NUMBER.

If you want to learn more about the musical project, feel free to visit our forum here:
http://megalomaniacalme.net/pwmusical/index.php

- - - -

PS: Anyone know any major artist sites, or sites that have artists plentiful? We're currently recruiting on dA, I'm about to send messages to Smack Jeeves and another art forum I'm unfamiliar with. If anyone has any idea on that front, just PM me~ <3
Last edited by Ami on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
since 2008!
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Re: Turnabout Musical Wants YOU (Artists)!

Post by Singidava »

I'd love to help but my requesters... Hmm... I think I don't currently have time but if you are in desperate need of artists even after trying to recruit I may stretch my schedule and help.
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

You know that I, painfully, wanted very badly to be involved in the Turnabout Musical. Unfortunately, now that an opportunity's actually popped up, I can't help. I may look like I have too much free time now, but believe it or not there's more work on my plate than it seems. As things stand now, I really can't do anything about it. :(

On the other hand, if things get better for me and things aren't looking great for the musical, I can step in to help. Consider me an "emergency option" then?

And are we talking "the musical is going to die if we don't get somebody fast?" Or is this just "we can't move forward yet, we need more artists?"
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Singidava wrote:I'd love to help but my requesters... Hmm... I think I don't currently have time but if you are in desperate need of artists even after trying to recruit I may stretch my schedule and help.
We need every artist we can get. ^_^;;
Hodou Okappa wrote:You know that I, painfully, wanted very badly to be involved in the Turnabout Musical. Unfortunately, now that an opportunity's actually popped up, I can't help. I may look like I have too much free time now, but believe it or not there's more work on my plate than it seems. As things stand now, I really can't do anything about it. :(

On the other hand, if things get better for me and things aren't looking great for the musical, I can step in to help. Consider me an "emergency option" then?

And are we talking "the musical is going to die if we don't get somebody fast?" Or is this just "we can't move forward yet, we need more artists?"

Nah, we'll probably make it, but it's very stressful with the current numbers, and it took us months just to get that opening number done.

ALSO, I'VE EDITED THE FIRST POST TO SHOW APPLICATIONS WHICH PROVIDE MORE INFORMATION.
since 2008!
Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Post by Mimi »

I watched the first musical. It was amazing!
Dypo deLina
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Al Bhed

Post by Dypo deLina »

Mimi Mika wrote:I watched the first musical. It was amazing!
I agree with the above statement. That was just so... beautiful~
チラセ・マギタ
~Married to Evolina deLuna~ <3
~Loving father to ZetaAzuel~

Proud creator of Cynder Janice, Rex Gladiorum, and Raimpius in Endless Time.

Image Image
Ami

Post by Ami »

Applications are still open as we are looking for more artists! Animazement draws near, and we'd like to keep up the current pace. All are welcome, the links to the application information are in the topic post~
since 2008!
The Frozen Falcon
Spoken languages: English, Learning Japanese, Learning Spanish

Post by The Frozen Falcon »

If you want to be one of the artists, do you have to sign up on the (Turnabout Musical) forums?
MATE.
Godot Mango
Spoken languages: English, some german

Post by Godot Mango »

Ok, I know this is off topic but that is the best avatar ever, Genodragon.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

I LOVE the music in Turnabout Musical, so I would love to help with the art in anyway I can. I'm not sure what I can do precisely, but I'd still love to help, geno- er, Ami.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Ami

Post by Ami »

Sent PM's, but to answer all questions:

- Yes, you must sign up on the Turnabout Musical forums. The links are in the topic post.
- If you're not sure what you can do, apply for all teams, and see what happens~
- Yes, I know it's a great avatar. Thanks! <3
since 2008!
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

(Crap, I still need to apply...)
I'll send in some applications after the release of my trial this month.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!