How do I make custom characters/sprites?

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Elrinace123
Spoken languages: English

How do I make custom characters/sprites?

Post by Elrinace123 »

Hi so let me just start by saying that I am most certainly a newbie here but am really excited about making my own AA Cases! But before I can do so I need some help from anyone who is willing to give some. So I'm starting to get an idea of how to use the case maker and everything but the ideas I have for some of my Cases would require some custom made characters and sprites. What I wanted to know is how exactly could I go about doing this? Like how exactly do I make custom sprites or take actual characters from the games and edit them so they look different? I have Photoshop 8 by the way and am using a Bamboo drawing tablet. If anyone can give me or send me a link to maybe some kind of tutorial page or just respond with some tips, I would really appreciate it. I would also like to know how to make sprite animations as well. Thank you for reading and hopefully you can give me some useful tips.
Phantom

Re: How do I make custom characters/sprites?

Post by Phantom »

Heya Elrin.

There's actually a guide thread you should look at in the art forum you posted the thread (and you should look in the guide thread at the Your trials section too to help you in your editor).

In actuality, you should probably recycle your sprites to conserve time and effort when it comes to that kind of custom content, but since you're willing to sprite yourself...:

http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =30&t=4138

Look at Singidiva's guide, LP's guide, and Gotmlk's guide to get an idea of the different ways of spriting.

Good luck!
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

(Ah-ha, my guide sucks, it's so outdated. :lol: )

But yeah, there are several guides on how to make sprites. Since you have a tablet, I suggest you use Singidava's guide.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Elrinace123

Post by Elrinace123 »

Cool thanks guys for the help! Yeah I'll try using this and hopefully it'll turn out well. And if you guys like my work and characters I'd be more then happy to let you guys use them for your case making, well if you want to anyway. HAHA XD. Well hopefully I'll be able to get use to this site and make some really good cases. Thanks.
Elrinace123

Post by Elrinace123 »

Can you also tell me how to upload them afterwards as well?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I'm on my iPod ATM but I made an audio guide that has a list of places you can upload to, check the Your Trials section and List Of Guides thread( IRS called using external audio or something like that, have a read)

Try dropbox though, it's never failed :p
Elrinace123

Post by Elrinace123 »

Alright Cool thanks! And like I said if you like my work and would like to use some of my ideas or characters I would be more then happy to allow you to. X)
Tap

Post by Tap »

There are guides which explain how to create sprites, so you can post in them, Elrinace123. =)
This thread will be locked, in accordance with the rules. There have been many threads of the same topic posted in the past.
ImageImage