Original Drawing from Elrin's Mind.

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Elrinace123
Spoken languages: English

Original Drawing from Elrin's Mind.

Post by Elrinace123 »

Hehe Well hey guys so I'm new here but I'm slowly starting to get used to this site and I have to say it is very entertaining. So I wanted to share one of my original drawings/characters on this site since I'm planning to do some of my own spriting. So here it is and please let me know what you think.

Her name is Victoria Destroichivik and she's a Prosecution attorney who transferred over from Borginia. Just like every prosecutor, she feels a strong hatred toward Phoenix Wright but solely on the reason that he is a defense attorney. However, when it comes to having a personal vendetta, she focuses that more towards Edgeworth and von Karma. Very little is known about who she is or why she came her, but when thing is for sure is that get in her way or make her angry, and you'll find out that that fan of hers is for more then just cooling herself off.

So I know it's kinda crappy looking but I'm still trying to get use to using my tablet. I got it this past Christmas and have only used it very few times since then. However, a lot of credit goes to Singidiva because I was pretty much following her guide the whole time, but it's my first time using GIMP and I kept getting confused with a lot of the tools so that could also factor in to the poor quality. But I'm getting a little bit better since I started using my tablet and hopefully I'll be able to get the quality of work way up.

Though I would really like to know what you guys think about it. Please if you could leave some Positive criticism about maybe how I could improve I would really appreciate it. Thanks! X3
Attachments
Victoria Destroichivik.gif
Victoria Destroichivik.gif (36.23 KiB) Viewed 612 times
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Re: Original Drawing from Elrin's Mind.

Post by Singidava »

That looks decent but for some reason when I first saw her I thought she was male... Maybe it's just Machi hairstyle? Oh well.
Now I'm far too lazy to give you a full list of mistakes but you can start with fixing these three:
1. This is a very common mistake. It seems that the light comes from different angle for the head (side) and the body (above). In other words, your shading isn't consistent (there should be shades under her, er.. WHAT IS THAT THING CALLED, CURSE YOU AGAIN LANGUAGE BARRIER!!!... coat too). Lemme guess: you used sprites as references?
2. Her hand. Obviously.
3. The neck is looooooooong and her collarbones are too low.
Elrinace123
Spoken languages: English

Re: Original Drawing from Elrin's Mind.

Post by Elrinace123 »

Thank you for taking a look at it and also for the very helpful criticism. And yeah shading is one of my biggest factors that I need to work on. Like I said I only recently got my tablet and have only been drawing on paper since then. And when I draw on paper I usually don't have a need to shade because they're mostly sketches. I also always have trouble with hands and feet too, not one of my strong points. But from how I usually draw them I'm actually impressed with how this hand turned out. HAHA! XD And yeah I actually did use your spriting guide because it was originally meant to be one of my sprite characters but it didn't come out right so I decided to just leave it as like kind of Fanart. But thank you very much for your critique, I will make sure to keep these things in mind if I redraw her and when I draw my other characters. Thanks for the help!!! X3
P.S. It's called a shall by the way!!! HAHA XD Just letting you know.