Michael Shard sprite comic

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Eldariub
Spoken languages: English

Michael Shard sprite comic

Post by Eldariub »

Michael Shard is a newbie defence attorney. His cases are like a puzzle, but can he solve the puzzles?

Case 1: Billiards And Turnabouts

His first case defending his best friend Paul Ace. His oponent is the "Rookie Killer" Winston Payne. Will Michael discover the truth?

Intro

Lobby Scene
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Re: Michael Shard sprite comic

Post by Lind »

Not a bad start. At this point, the only advice I could give is that the grammar and typesetting could use a little work. Also, I'd advise maybe adding an additional row. The amount you're currently using will hardly give any content in the space of any given comic. This, I know from experience.
Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Re: Michael Shard sprite comic

Post by Kroki »

The graphics look pretty good, I think that the thing you should take care of the most are the dialogues. A sprite comic is not a trial and if you use too much panels for a dialogue between two characters the reader will get bored, an idea to solve this problem would be to add more text in each vignette, for example the three firsts of the second page are useless and could be merged in one. Also the text when the lawyer is thinking is too long and you had to cut it in two panels, you could try to shorten the text or add other information in order for the second panel to be a bit more interesting. The goal is to display as much useful information as possible so that the discussion doesn't get trivial.
These are the kind of things which make the différence between a sprite comic made for fun and a really well thought out sprite comic. ;)
ImageImage Image Image Image