Ace Attorney 2011 Soundtrack

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

TwoSixty
Spoken languages: English

Ace Attorney 2011 Soundtrack

Post by TwoSixty »

I've been wanting to do something like this for a long time now. I love the original Phoenix Wright soundtracks, brilliant pieces of music. :)
So here i am, slowly but surely making my own Soundtrack for a Phoenix Wright game. Too bad i have no way of using those sweet GBA soundsamples. Guess i'll have to do with the CPS2 samples that i found.
Finished 4 songs as of now. Don't know if anyone likes these enough to actually use them in their own Online Trials but if you like it, be my quest. I'm no Noriyuki Iwadare or Yasuko Yawada, but at least i try to sound like them. Sort of.

Oh, by the way, the music's here:

:takethat:

Cross examination ~ Moderate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8omMEr84xM

Cross examination ~ Allegro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bdyhd6jp6E

Courtroom Lounge ~ Prelude:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL8qgENOjQY

Courtroom Lounge 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SLrKInbqjA

Court Begins:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzeFataxUXs

Objection:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysKd-1r7o30

Investigation Middle game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WReL6S470hE

Investigation Core:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QftKHIo_c_E

Logic and trick:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2MpRYiY-9s

Tell the truth 2011:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2UGqRja6Ro

Objection number 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW5NXHtd8ng

Criticism will be appreciated. I'm a rookie at writing songs. :phoenix:
Last edited by TwoSixty on Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Koopakirby

Re: Ace Attorney 2011 Soundtrack

Post by Koopakirby »

Here's a quick comment on each one for you:

Moderate:
This is too big. Scale it down and slow it down. It feels way too intense for a Moderate Cross-Examination theme.
Allegro:
This one's good. Feels good where it is.
Presto:
There's no presto. Wanna fix that for us? (=3)
Courtroom Lounge:
Once again, too intense. Sounds more like a 'Court Begins' or some sort of epic deduction theme.
Court Begins:
Again, too intense. Don't be afraid to be subtle. Until you get to the Cornered themes, that is. Anyway, sounds more like AAI's Announce the Truth than a Court Begins. Sorry.

Yeah, so my main critique is that it's too intense. Fix this and you're on your way, though!
Please play my trial series: Layers of Truth!
It contains my featured trial, Reinstate the Turnabout! Part 1 / Part 2
Heeeeey! Pinkie Pie here! Just asking for you to please check out Ask Pinkie Pie! It'll be a real party! I promise!
Thursday
Spoken languages: English, Tagalog, Some French

Post by Thursday »

Koopakirby wrote:Presto:
There's no presto. Wanna fix that for us? (=3)
Er, but wasn't Presto only in the Edgeworth games? I think he's trying to keep the same format as the main series :P

Mostly agree with what Koopa said. They're a little to grand for what they are, but they do sound good!

Day 2 - Trial COMPLETE and Playable now!
Kumori
Spoken languages: English, VERY VERY slight French

Post by Kumori »

I really like all of these!
PROOF that Spongebob is funny:
You mean what we thought they thought we think and thought they thought. We think? - Patrick Star
Moss always points to civilization. -Spongebob Squarepants
SpongeBob SquarePants: Am I a pretty girl?
Mr. Krabs: Well... yes, you're... you're beautiful.
[Looking for Squidward in a crowd of squids]
SpongeBob SquarePants: Are you Squidward?
Squid #1: No.
SpongeBob SquarePants: Are you Squidward?
Squid #2: No.
Patrick: [to a fire hydrant] Are you Squidward?
Mermaid Man: Now, who wants to save the world?
SpongeBob: I do!
Patrick: I do!
Sandy Cheeks: I do!
Squidward: I don't.
Wooper
Spoken languages: English, un peu de français

Post by Wooper »

Wow! These are really good! Just a few things, first of all, AAI2 is already 2011, so you can't really go with that XD. I suggest sticking with 2012, which is probably when the entire soundtrack is going to be finished. Second, what program did you use to make this? I really want to try it!

EDIT: Also, may I use these songs in a game I'm making? It would be sweet if I could!
† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
I love My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic and I'm proud of it! Paste this into your sig if you are too!
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
Kalhas

Post by Kalhas »

"Courtroom" and "Court Begins" are very nice ! I like them. :o
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

Hey TwoSixty! It's great to see another composer around here :D
I'd like to give you advice as a musician I am (And I'll try to make it very constructive xD :)

Moderato: The moderato is perfect, I wouldn't change anything from it.
It has the correct Tempo, and the melody doesn't take too muchu protagonism from the game itself (if it was in-game), and even if it looks repetitive, those added instruments and melodies fit perfectly in the song (I use that a lot, so we have that in common xD)

Allegro: I don't know if you are trying to keep the AA style or the AAI style (with its corresponding Presto). If you are keeping AA style, I would recommend a slight speed-up and a more frequent use of the drums, and stronger strings at 0:38. It should give the right feeling if you are examining the killer or the main suspect, so keep that speed-up in mind ;)
If you are keeping the AAI style, that is Moderato, Allegro and Presto, then do not change almost anything, because it fits the "suspicious" role the AAI Allegros have. But I would recommend making variations on the instrument that takes the place of the closed hit-hat :P

Prelude: I like it and see the feeling you want to give, but the strings take too much protagonism in this particular track ;) I would use way softer strings on 0:35, but still stronger than the synth strings on the later background. (But I'd leave those strong strings around 1:10 as they are :) )

Court Begins: I particularly love this one track, I love the feeling it gives. I see you tried to take example from the T&T Trial theme :P But in this one the length of the parts are too long to respect the structure of the trial themes.

Your intro part is a little too long in my opinion, you did the triple than what is usually done in most of the trial themes ;) The synth drum-kit enters a little too late for my taste (Way too late). That "introductory" phase in T&T's trial theme lasts about 8 bars (until 0:19 in your theme). I recommend you to try adding a regular kick on each time from 0:19 to 0:39, and then, on 0:39, adopt the rythm you made on 0:49, and add a low Bass (or synth bass) to the track from 0:39.

That was only a recommendation to make the song more progressive as it usually is for this theme, but that aside, I still love the melody and the structure you gave to this track :)

Keep it up Sixty, you're doing a great job :D

Also, I am interested to know how do you make this musics. (Because I am looking for a better program)
Do you use any particular editor with a keyboard, a sheet-writing program, is it MIDI or anything? :)
TwoSixty

Post by TwoSixty »

Wow, thanks everyone. :)
Koopakirby wrote:Sorry.

You're not supposed to apologize after helping someone. :P

I do understand what you're saying though. Especially regarding the Moderate song, so i changed that one a little. Slower speed, little less filling and a few subtle changes to the melody.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd1zczvpiFA

Now i'm hoping it's not to slow and/or empty. :P
Wooperboy60 wrote:Also, may I use these songs in a game I'm making? It would be sweet if I could!
Sure, go right ahead. I wonder what it's like, hearing my own song in a game.
Danielinhoni wrote:....
Wow, thank you. Looks like i can learn a lot from you. I'll see what i can do regarding what you said. :)

There's no Presto. I actually have no clue what a Presto is supposed to represent. Haven't played Edgeworth's game yet. :larry:

I use Fruity Loops to make these. I found some audio samples of the Capcom Play System 2. You know, that arcade system that runs Super Street Fighter 2. All the sounds (except the drums, i sampled those myself) are ripped from that game. I polish them up myself with some reverb, EQ and whatnot and try to make something out of it. It's nothing fancy.
Wooper

Post by Wooper »

Presto is used during the final cross examination in the case. It's generally very intense and is very different from the others, while still keeping a few riffs with it. I personally like to use presto in my trials, even if they're not investigation based.
† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
I love My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic and I'm proud of it! Paste this into your sig if you are too!
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
mAc Chaos

Post by mAc Chaos »

The latest game added a third CE track. Instead of just Moderate and Allegro, Allegro is the "middle" track and Presto becomes the final showdown song.
The wolf knows what the ill heart thinks.
@mAcChaos

BEHOLD, the ULTIMATE CASE: MACFIA, an epic journey through time and space.
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

I love the feel of these.
The Moderate is my favorite out of all of them.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

I like these all (although I haven't listened to the revised version). They're all pretty nice.

Like other people have said, Presto is the 'final showdown' music in the AAI series. It's used when the killer is standing on his last leg, and you just need to crack their final trick to win...!
(you should play New Year's Turnabout. It's a good example of Presto at the end :awesome: )
TwoSixty

Post by TwoSixty »

Bad Player wrote:(you should play New Year's Turnabout. It's a good example of Presto at the end :awesome: )
I think i'll do that. Got to get through this week first though, school's been kinda rough on me lately. :cute:
Next song i'll post will probably be either a new Court begins, or an Objection. I'll do the Presto later.
Wooper

Post by Wooper »

I vote for objection. I've been trying to write one, but it sure is hard :side:
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
sabisaotome

Post by sabisaotome »

I've got my eye on this for sure. These are great~