Huddini's Sounds of Magic

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Phantom

Huddini's Sounds of Magic

Post by Phantom »

Note: Copied from CR

Sup AAO.

So I'm mostly known to make guides on AAO, and do a wide variety of art graphics (from "avatars", to promo-art, to userbars, etc.)
I even have a trial out where the custom choices of music has been pretty much all praise as well.

But there's something else I wanted to branch out doing (just for the interest and experience seeing what it's actually like doing), and that was actually creating or composing music/sounds/ambience on my own.

But for me, what's most important is using a distinct sound, since I have no experience in composing whatsoever xD

I don't claim to be a musical genius, nor do I claim anything I created/composed is good, but I just wanted to show you guys what I was able to come up with. It definitely was hard (I tend to not finish at that), and I have even greater respect for music producers/composers because of it =]

The critiques I've been usually given was: Nice sound, not-so-good composing. Or Nice sound, but too repetitive (this is a habit I admit, I prefer keeping things minimal to be honest). Or Nice sound, but no melody. One said the composing's okay, but sound is pretty bad xP

NOTE: You may NOT use these ANYWHERE! Unless you think some of these are good enough to actually be in something....Then you must ask me for permission!

So I'll try to start from the very first things I remember composing, as always, HEADPHONES recommended:
-Was going for a super basic logic theme.

-Another version I did as the first....though something went wrong with actual recording, dunno why.
If comparing to the first version, it's much more "upbeat".

-I interpreted this as a more serious logic theme akin to something to AJ's logic at first.
But then I didn't realize that it *could* be a CE theme if I were to make it faster, add more instrumentation, and generally make it more varied :o. I can agree though it got too repetitive and "noisy" (what? It's unfinished :p)

-This was something I was doing for a chica member named Holhol (she's the author of the case called TCrackdown whose Part 1 got released recently.)Some conflict happened with her a long time ago in the Summer, so I wanted to compose something small for her to use as a "signature" so people could instantly recognize that she made a trial...But all I could do was come up with this sound, and not actually any REAL composing.

-Another version of the above, cleaner sound and actually flowed very well....Still VERY short though.

-An actual "piece" I did for Holhol, still rather short (but it's only meant to be used as a case intro music anyway).
I was actually displeased about this one mainly because there was this really nice sound I had wanted to use before...But due to recording issues, I had to use a "tinkerbell"-like sound :x
Also, it doesn't exactly flow well...I was forced to only record loops for a certain time, and not do it on one go x(, had to arrange everything on audacity.

-This was done in Fl Studio (I had absolutely no experience, so I was playing around with some of the packs that came with the program).
I actually thought I had something really nice going....A good lounge/club beat...Unfortunately, I lost the project file, so all you're getting is :11 seconds of what could've been a potential club hit xD

-A sound effect that I'm thinking of using for when a certain someone in my fan-game does an "imitation"...
Made it all from scratch....My co-author ED though thinks this sounds like it's for "wonking"[aka damage]...Really not my intention if others think that o.O

-Was going for something Mass Effectey. The composers of Mass Effect really did nice bringing a Blade-Runner-esque atmosphere to the FIRST game, so I wanted to see if I could at least produce a sound that could *somewhat* fit within that universe....Don't know if I succeeded or not.
It's all pure synth btw, nothing else used. Which is why it's probably going to be really repetitive xP

...I THINK this is all I have for now...Not sure xD

Anyways, since I'm not really good at finishing anything I do, I don't think it would be fair for me to do requests, unless you're looking for a type of unique sound xP

Comments and Criticisms appreciated.

Note: My compositions are currently only at CR and AAO, if you see it anywhere else, please hit me up ;)
Tap
Spoken languages: English

Re: Huddini's Sounds of Magic

Post by Tap »

Sorry, Phantom, but I'm going to have to lock this thread, unfortunately. The rules for the art forum, which have been in place for quite some time, state the following:
Unas wrote:
  • If you decide to present your art here, please group all of it in a single topic, which title clearly indicate it's yours. This will help keeping the section correctly organised.
I've locked threads from other users for the same issue (one for graphics, one for music) so there is a precedent. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate in sending a PM! :)
ImageImage