The Thread of Sligneris' Sprites

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Phantom

Re: The Thread of Sligneris' Sprites

Post by Phantom »

That depends on what you're talking about.
With my versions, I never requested them, I did it myself and debutted it the first time through TGens. The only thing I recall requesting for the similar-looking poses that Slig posted up a few posts ago were just having a proper talking animation to go along with it (but I did it through Dypo privately).

If you recall, Slig's links (at leats on AAO) busted entirely one day, thereby making all of his images unviewable before. So I have no idea if he posted the PW sprite sets awhile back or not.

With that being said, Slig did PM'ed me privately on some things related to sprites recently. He DID introduced to me those PW sets, but I was under the assumption he only did those as a response to seeing my set somewhere (as in, editing them and showing me his improvements of those).

When he just debutted these on his thread, THIS is where the confusion lies. Because there is no memory of me requesting his versions of the drooped low poses. So I have no idea if he did those versions by himself or not, and if he did, WHEN did he complete/showcase them around the forums?

Because if it turns out he did it as a request/response, then I wouldn't want him debuting these yet, either on his art thread, or to the canon thread (because I really want to see this submitted to the canon thread too, since it can be usable for other folks :))
~Dataman~
Spoken languages: English and finnish.

Post by ~Dataman~ »

Longest message I have ever seen by Putin. :shock:
My DeviantArt My Youtube Channel
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

~Dataman~ wrote:Longest message I have ever seen by Putin. :shock:

http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =46&t=8040
~Dataman~
Spoken languages: English and finnish.

Post by ~Dataman~ »

Well...
*Dies*
My DeviantArt My Youtube Channel
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

Oh, hm. I think I made this just after playing Part 1, if I recall correctly.

It wasn't really improved version of your sprite, cause when I saw them in Part 1 of TGens, they did not have speaking animations... I thought you could use those, so I made not knowing you had one of these already... xP And I basically just used official sprites as a base.

...You're not going to claim credit for inventing the dropped down pose?... As in, the concept itself rather than that specific animation for TGens? :hobo: Just... wanting to make sure.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Nah, I'm not going to claim credit for "inventing" the pose, just the idea of him being drooped down (no one has done the drooped down version until I came along, you see :)) [...Although, that probably means I invented the edit to begin with xP]

Mine too, was based off the official base sprites. I suppose I could say I should be credited for the *specific* animations, since the facial expressions are too eerily similar to the poses I had with Part 1.

If you've made it only after Part 1, you could probably get in trouble though!
Even though I haven't posted my sprite set versions on my art thread anywhere, the fact your versions was meant for me to have talking animations, means you technically have not received my permission to post those specific PW animations on this thread. xP

Now, things are more clear. You HAVE to credit me for the edit bases, and specifically state that you improved the mouth/gave the poses a talking animation. No one should be allowed to use your edits without getting yours and my permission (temporarily).

If I were to post my versions, there's going to be some REAL bad confusion as to who did what first. We don't want that, so it's just better to play it safe and pretend you did those PW sprites (technically) as a request for me.
^
This should get you in the clear from any rule breaking here on AAO :)
Sligneris

Post by Sligneris »

Erm... Sorry to break this to you, but I kinda... saw Phoenix used this way (dropped down) in many, many fanmade works before, soooo....

Idea crossed my mind even earlier, and that just kinda motivated me to do that... ... ...

I feel I'm going to be disliked here again for that any moment now.... ;_;

Unless you made those even before 28 June 2009.... I saw these ones there first... ... ...Then, sure, I will be more than willing to credit you...
Last edited by Sligneris on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Right
Spoken languages: Español, English, can understand a bit of Japanese

Post by Red Right »

I'm thinking of borrowing a couple of Edgeworth extra sprites for my fancase Turnabout Trial.
I read the rules, so I think you won't mind but either way I had to notify you. You will, of course, be properly credited.
Sligneris

Post by Sligneris »

Go ahead, no worries about that ;)
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Sligneris wrote:Erm... Sorry to break this to you, but I kinda... saw Phoenix used this way (dropped down) in many, many fanmade works before, soooo....

Idea crossed my mind even earlier, and that just kinda motivated me to do that... ... ...

I feel I'm going to be disliked here again for that any moment now.... ;_;

Unless you made those even before 28 June 2009.... I saw these ones there first... ... ...Then, sure, I will be more than willing to credit you...
Oh, nice catch! That takes a huge problem out of the way for me :)

Then I won't take credit for coming up with it first :P. However, since you said you only did yours after playing Part 1, you still need to clear up the fact that it was an edit job based off my (nooby) facial expressions. And still pretend that it was done as a request. Otherwise you're still breaking the rule about editing other folks works/posting it up w/o permission ;)
Sligneris

Post by Sligneris »

Hm. While you are right, I believe I should point out I did not touch any of your works, while making that sprite. So, I edited Capcom's work, not necessarily yours...

I always care about crediting someone's work, I'm just not sure about crediting ideas, especially as common as that one... Really, I can right now name three folks using the same dropped down sprite, and I don't really think any of those actually ever heard of TGens...

To me it's like claiming credit for the very idea of creating a Mia Fey fangame for example. Or a Kristoph one. While it might be credited, I don't think it's much of a necessity...

...Can we get a moderator on that matter? :hobo: I'm not sure how much I can trust my own judgment, but I'm not willing to just like that drop my position. I hope you understand ^^''
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Now this is getting complicated again, because you've made a valid point :/
(Although, the logic behind crediting a fangame makes no sense and is irrelevant, since you're not making a fangame to help me improve my own or anything xP xP)

Again, the whole thing about the idea and other folks in the past doing it is taken care of, I'm obviously not going to pursue/take credit for that anymore.

...But the way you implied it in your wording, the fact that you stated you only did the edit as a response to seeing my versions in part 1, makes the whole issue conflicted big time, because you said you used the stock sprites to accomplish the same effect too.

We do need a moderator to resolve this though, because now I'm not in a position to be able to post my own versions because of it :/
Sligneris

Post by Sligneris »

Oh, you can't? :o Why? I don't see a problem.

Regardless of confusion it may ever cause that one is still your work and I claim absolutely no credit for your version.

I mean, there are for example... four sets of fullbody Dahlia sprites here and on CR. Two of them include Iris's expressions. Yet, there is no problem with that. They are all posted in their creator's threads. Even despite us knowing about our own works, we can still do it the same way, I think. :hobo:

Ah, and about the fangame point... Yeah, I didn't look at it like that ^^'
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Because if I claim credit to my version, another user who stumbles upon yours may get the idea that I simply stole yours, and vice-versa.

In addition, AAO's art rules can be quite confusing in this area. Tap should go ahead and get this resolved so we know what to do in the future ;)
Sligneris

Post by Sligneris »

Putin wrote:Because if I claim credit to my version, another user who stumbles upon yours may get the idea that I simply stole yours, and vice-versa.
Then it can be easily explained. I don't think there is much to worry about ^^'