Crossed Paths ~ The Crossover Central Novelisation (Part 7)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

ShadowEdgeworth
Spoken languages: English

Crossed Paths ~ The Crossover Central Novelisation (Part 7)

Post by ShadowEdgeworth »

Crossed Paths ~ The Crossover Central Novelisation
----

Hello everyone, and welcome to the new beginning of the tale of heroes and villains brought together to fight a powerful mutual enemy. One enemy that has enough power to threaten the multi-verse in all of its glory.

As many superpowered beings as possible were gathered from all over the universe, from Altea to New York, from the Aperture Enrichment Center to Station Square to help defeat the ultimate enemy, and his own powerful minions. 

This is the historic event, of which the heroes and villains of the worlds.. Crossed Paths.

-------

Now, before we get to Episode 0, let's get a few things straight about the differences in this novelisation, compared to the RP. :)

I've had to make a good deal of changes to make the story flow well, and come together. That means replacing inactive characters, and getting rid of some altogether. But also shifting some into places they weren't before.

I have had to rewrite certain parts for fill out the pages a bit more and bring the overall feel to stay exactly the same for each character.

Also, this novelisation will have a darker tone to the RP. It will take itself a bit more seriously, and will include a lot more character development. But of course, it'll retain the spirit of the RP.

And, of course, Dubsy has been reincarnated into more of a badass teenager, than a whiny brat.

As for releases, a new part will be added between 4 days and a week. I am on a tight scheldule, so in some cases, it may have to be more.

Now. Without further addue. 

I present to you... Crossed Paths ~ The Crossover Central Novelisation.
Spoiler : Part 0 ~ Generational Corruption (Prologue) :
The night above the luminant city. The steady downfall of rain pitter-pattered against the buildings and cars like bullets on tin. It was raining everywhere. 
A small group of people huddled together amongst the all-but-deserted streets. They gulped in the chill of the night air. The bitter wind brushed against them, whisping at their clothes. 
"Keep on the look out." stated the man in front. He was wearing what seemed to be a damaged armoured suit, helmet and cape, with a bat insignia on his chest. Blood was trickling down his mouth. "We have to keep moving. If he attacks us again..."
"If he attacks again, there won't BE anything to keep moving." observed the man with the blade in the battered, dirtied crimson suit and loosened cravat. "As a 'hero' shouldn't you be showing us how you continously avoid death, Mr. Wayne?"
"The best thing we would be able to do to keep ourselves alive is to... Stick to the shadows as it were, Mr. Edgeworth." replied Bruce Wayne, AKA the Batman. "But, of course, when you're up against an enemy who can see through buildings, it loses its protection purpose."
"Guys, please, not now. Not here." groaned an exhausted kid in blue clothing. The most striking thing about him would be his hair. It was black, in spikes, with a purple outline, with several blond strands straggling along his face. He seemed to be wearing a golden pyramid around his neck, along with a metallic bladed device on his arm. To the unaware eye, it would look like it was just for a card game of some sort. "He wants us to fight. It's how he managed to get the others... There were 7 of us before now."

There was a long pause between all of them. A silence that felt like it lasted several hours as they walked, when in reality, it had only been half of one.
The three eventually approached a spectacularly sinister looking shelter, one in particular which looked like it hadn't been used in decades. The door was rusted over, and the sign which specifically stated its purpose, had fallen.
"I guess... we could camp here for a bit?" wondered Yugi, tugging at the torn collar of his black shirt. 
"Yes... this looks suitable. And safe." grunted Wayne, rapidly beginning to slice at the rust over the lock with the blades on his forearms. Much to their unified surprise, the door simply slid open. 
"Intruiging... yet very suspicious. We should remain alert. At all times." observed Edgeworth, glaring at the interior of the shelter. "Yugi. What is the condition of the Pharoah?"
Yugi's expression turned to that of concern almost as soon as Miles had begun that sentence. He looked at his puzzle. It was noticably battered from their constant battles in the world. Yami himself had been injured, and had sealed himself inside the puzzle to recouperate. 
"Not good... he's still getting better." he uttered quietly. The two of them had forged a bond during the years they had been together. Yugi felt like he had lost a part of his soul when Yami had to go into lockdown days ago.
Edgeworth gave a concerned, although it was more bordering on uncomfortable, look towards the duelist, coming to terms on his own problems. He was by far the least powerful person still standing. He was a prosecutor in his real world. And there was no way he could prosecute anything in this... Place.

They slowly walked into the shelter, paying attention to their surroundings. The lights flickered, sparks emitted from the ceiling. The shelter's interior looked battered and crippled. The walls were dented stained from the burns of a fire, structural binds had fallen, and the metallic floor was grated and dented. The only thing that seemed to be intact was the security monitor.
"Welcome to hell." snarked Wayne, as he took a seat on one of the intact chairs. Edgeworth and Yugi did the same. "Gentlemen... let us summarize our time here." began Wayne, his arms folded in a gesture of authority over his other two comrades. We've been here for almost three days in total. That is 63 hours judging by my clock. During that time, we have been subjected to several attacks some without let up. Our experiences with the Undine merely hours ago dictate that. We lost two people in that battle. Two more prior to that. And yet, we still don't know what we're doing here. How we were brought here."
"And most importantly, why were brought here." interrupted Edgeworth, his arms also folded in a gesture of authority over his other two comrades.
"Precisely." agreed Wayne, nodding his head.
"Let's not leave getting out off the priority list either. I mean, we have families, don't we?" interjected Yugi, trying to make his own point come across. 
He was met with a very awkward silence as the two adults in the room cringed, almost in unison, before slowly looking at the floor.

Yugi grimaced, now regretting his statement. "I... I'm sorry..."
"It's fine." they both told him, in unison, with just a hint of emotion in their voices. For the first time since they got there, Yugi actually saw a bit more about the people he was grouped with. Both of them were stoic individuals. 

That was why. 

Moments passed in the shelter, as Miles found a box of emergency rations. It contained a box of a dozen protein bars, a dozen cans of taurine drinks, and a large sack of ready-prepared rice.
"Anyone feeling peckish?" asked Edgeworth, in an attempt to lighten the mood.
Moments turned in hours. The slow passing of time took its toll on the three, as they considered their plans of action. It was then, that things began to escalate. Physically. With a gentle knock at the door.

*Tap*

*Tap*

*Tap*

There was a stunned silence across the room. Bruce silently rose from his seat, taking a batarang into his hands, for security purposes. He guided the others to get behind him, as he headed for the security monitor. The ominous quiet tapping continued, slowly becoming louder. Then it stopped.
Wayne tapped a few keys at the control panel, and the monitor sparked back into life. The image then switched to something that startled even the Batman - a face, close up to the camera, smiling manically, sharpened teeth bared, crimson eyes glaring. Quickly, said face backed up, and the camera seemed to move forward before the image turned to static.

"Damn..." uttered Batman, cracking his knuckles. He turned to his comrades. "We've got a live one. Get ready."
Edgeworth and Yugi both stood up instantly, nodding. Edgeworth pulled out the holstered katana blade into his hands, holding it in preparation pose, while Yugi placed two trap cards face down into his duel disk. 
There was a shunt from outside. The door was being pulled. The lock was already straining at the intense strength being used to pull it. It was to be used to withstand meteors. And yet it was starting to crack.
The three vigilantes readied themselves, beads of sweat rolling down the faces of all three.

Then, at last, without warning, the door... gently slid open. As if no strength at all needed to be used. And a black-haired, tall man in a brown waistcoat, black shirt and trousers, a white tie and a smile on his face slowly strode in.
"Don't come any closer. Identify yourself." stated Batman, calmly, yet as sternly as possible.
The newcomer's smile faded as he stopped. He noticed the two large holographic brown-backed cards hovering above the ground. Finally he opened his mouth to speak.

"Hmph... is that any way to behave to your... boss? My, my... I was just about to say how impressed I have been with your progress, Caped Crusader- wait, no. That's another you. In another timeline. You're... the Dark Knight. Yes. That's you." he smirked, pointing at Batman. "I must say, as the representitive of the Superheroes, you've done extremely well. The Green Lantern went mad after 15 minutes, so kudos to you."
Ignoring the obvious confusion, Edgeworth slowly began to approach this extremely suspicious individual. "Tell me who you are, in the name of the law." stated Edgeworth, partly bluffing, and partly irritatated.
The newcomer took a step back. "Ah, Miles Edgeworth. Representing the normal law-abiding, or shall I say, law-keeping human. You are also exceeding my expectations. I mean, I thought you'd be dead in the first fight with Chaos. And of course!" he turned to Yugi, who had remained behind. "The lost boy, far away from home. His supernatural friend unable to help him. How... deliciously unfortunate. Stuck using a children's card game to get himself through life, rather than tackle things head on. How... disappointing."

"You leave him out of this, and tell me who you are." grunted Batman, walking towards the individual, until they were almost literally face to face. "You have five seconds. Your name. Now."
"Intimidation will get you nowhere. You see, I'm like John Lennon. I'm a legend. I can see through all your tricks! I wonder how much Chris Nolan paid you to write his script!" replied the newcomer, almost rhythmically. Then, without warning, in one sudden, rapid movement, he lifted his right arm, knocking Batman into the air, down to the floor, painfully. He then straightened his tie, before noticing Edgeworth rushing at him, blade in hand. "Oh my, really?"
He quickly delivered a spinning kick, knocking Edgeworth into a wall, with such force and an impact that part of the wall even fell away with the prosecutor.

The sight of both adults being taken down was a shock to Yugi. Just how strong was this guy...? 
"Hey! Why don't you pick one someone a lot taller than you, with a staff!" he shouted, placing a familar card into his duel disk. "Dark Magician! I summon you!" il

A holographic card appeared on the ground. It suddenly glowed a bright yellow, emitting to form a shape. The shape of a blue haired individual wearing elaborate purple robes, holding a staff appeared.

"Dark Magic Attack!" shouted Yugi, pointing at the newcomer. 
The Dark Magician pointed his staff as energy began to rapidly charge into it. The newcomer smirked, as he lept out of the way as it discharged. He lept from wall to wall, in a sort of triangle jump, before eventually punching the duel monster, shattering it into smithereens. 
"Bet your life points didn't like that one!" smiled the newcomer, clasping his hands together, before rushing and grabbing Yugi by his duel disk, snapping it from his arm, while throwing Yugi a considerable distance away. He hit the floor with a crack, panting and grimacing as he landed.
"Now, fellows... maybe we can talk now." he stated, gently putting the duel disk down.

"Your name... now!" exclaimed Batman, picking himself up, albeit grimacing from the hit. 
"Honestly, you have an obsession with people's names..."
"Just tell him! No more of your smart alecky remarks!" shouted the injured Edgeworth, wiping the new blood from his forehead. 
"Really... Fine. If you really must know, my name is... the one. The only. Dubsy." he grinned, walking into the centre of the room. "And I have a proposition for you all."
"We'll never accept it... you might as well go now." uttered Batman, standing up into his full height.

Suddenly, Dubsy stopped smiling. His demeanour seemingly changed within a few seconds. His eyes, instead of being filled with jokey anger, became that of unquestionable despair. "No... you don't understand. I... We have to do this." he stated, non-chalantly whipping a syringe out of his pocket, and extending the needle. It contained a jet-black substance.
"Don't you even dare..." uttered Bruce, glaring at Dubsy with sheer hate and contempt.
"Look... it's all well and good Playing with you. But please hear me out. Don't make me do this, as I honestly don't want to." he sighed, as he aimed the syringe at Batman. 
"Don't play your 'I'm so innocent' games with me. I know every trick in the book." grunted Batman.
Dubsy closed his eyes. He grunted. "Then I'm sorry. But it's for your own good. And the good of this city."

He ejected a third of the substance into the air. It was black and sticky... Yet it was self-sustaining. It kept together. It was it's own entity. It began homing in on Batman. The Dark Knight quickly reacted, He leapt out of the way of the creature, but before he could move any further, the creature had caught him by the leg. 
"No..." uttered Batman, as it began to spread across his leg, covering the armour, bonding with it. 
Edgeworth looked up in horror, as his comrade was being seemingly covered in the skin-tight substance. It restricted Bruce's movements as he tried to claw it off, but only spread it further. 
Dubsy watched on, frowning, before gradually looking away, as Batman, the once great hero, fell prey to his creature.

Dubsy turned around to the other two his slim figure hiding the agonising event that Bruce Wayne was going through. "I certainly hope you two will be more understanding. For your sake... and mine."

TO BE CONTINUED...
Spoiler : Part 1 ~ Assimilation :
It was night time. The bright stars in the blackened sky glittered brilliantly, without a single care. They shone upon the solitary darkened mansion of the land. The Mansion of the land's creator.
It had been one single year since the incident with Batman, Yugi Moto and Miles Edgeworth. Their fates were kept closely guarded by Dubsy. He never said a word about them, not to his staff, not to anyone. 
Dubsy sat in his leisure room, silently. His hands clasped together as he sat at his chair, deep in thought. Thoughts that no human could even begin to conceive. His eyes darted around the room, the golden aura from his light spreading throughout.

Then he came to a decision. A decision he had thought long and hard about. But he had decided that it was now time. A slightly twisted frown came over Dubsy's face, as he knew what was going to happen. But he had to keep HIM happy. 
He jumped out of his chair, and walked over to his bookshelf. He slowly took out a large, old-ish brown book. It was dusted over, to which Dubsy blew on it. There was a post-it-note stuck on it. It simply stated "Book of Summoning". He opened the book, and grabbed a quill from his desk. 
Slowly, he scanned over the page of contacts. Then he quickly flipped over to a new page, having found the person he required.

"Summoning: Doctor Ivo Robotnik. Reason: Assistance."

Once he had finished writing, he closed the book, gently. Suddenly a large ice-blue and red portal opened in mid-air at the centre of his room. Dubsy took a seat at his  aforementioned desk, ready to greet his old "friend".

And soon enough, the bulbous figure of Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik tumbled through. The portal closed itself immediately afterwards.
"Thank God..." grunted Robotnik, as he stumbled his way back up, brushing the dust off his modern red jacket. However, he then caught a glimpse at his summoner. "Oh... not again."
"Aha, Dr. Robotnik. Splendiferous to see you again." smiled Dubsy, folding his arms.
"I wish I could say the same. And no one calls me that any more. In fact, they haven't called me that for years. I am, the brilliant, and eggstravagent Dr. E-"
"I don't care what the timeline says, you're still Robotnik to me. And forever shall be. Hell, I don't even know why you went as far as insisting people call you a name that shares it's first three letters with an edible item of food. It's like me changing my name to Porkchopsy. But I digress." stated Dubsy, to a very uncomfortable looking Robotnik. "Anyway, I've brought you here because... it's time."
"...Time?"
"Yes, time. Time for our plan to be initiated." 
"Ahh, the plan."
"Yes... now I need your assistance on gathering a set of 'heroes' to unknowingly put it into action. Because my masters will destroy me otherwise."

There was a pause as the doctor considered the situation. A smirk gradually formed from his mouth.
"I've been doing a bit of research into alternate temporal timelines recently... I think I can be of some most helpful advice to you."
Dubsy smirked in turn. Soon, their plan would come to fruition. And the rewards would be beautiful. "...Eggscellent."

---------

Silence was never a beneficial thing in the dark. It was the situation nightmares were born from. However, that wasn't, never was, and never will be a concern for the resident homicidal machine.
GLaDOS rotated slowly, letting out a short electronic sigh.
Her chamber was too dark. It did not actually matter for her, with multiple thermal, infra-red, and resonance image scanners, she could paint a picture of the Enrichment Centre more vivid than any human could see.
Multiple images flickered through GLaDOS's artificial brain. One showed a particuarly unfortunate test subject slipping on some Propulsion Gel, and falling into the Acidic Test Subject Repellent.
Her attention did not linger long enough to watch him writh in agony before death, but instead moved along to another, slightly more competant Test Subject, just as she finished chamber eight of course five.
"Very good. The Enrichment Centre would like to take this moment to remind you, that cake and grief counselling will be made available at the conclusion of the tests." she stated, her sing-song voice echoing around the chamber.
The Woman looked up at one of the camera's, but did not stop.

GLaDOS started to do another rotation, rocking back and forth slowly.
The testing still didn't seem right. The subjects were so predictable, each one did the same thing as each other, even when confronted with the new challenge she had created with the Cooperative Testing Initiative.
As much as she hated to admit it, GLaDOS missed Chell. She was interesting, unpredictable, and fun to work with.
But now she was gone. and GLaDOS had next to no chance of finding her again.
GLaDOS jerked back to reality, realizing that there was a test subject tapping on a camera.
"Just how long does this go on for?" He shouted. "You stupid computer!"
She contemplated his statement for about half a second, before promptly flooding the chamber with Neurotoxin.
GLaDOS noted that she had un-intentionality raised the lighting level in her chamber.

Yes. She never thought she would... but she actually missed that mute lunatic.

The days passed, and the feeling of boredom never quite seized. The test subjects seemed to be getting stupider by the minute, one poor bastard even tripping over a mislaid potato, resulting in him beginning a long trip down an elevator shaft.
GLaDOS gave a deep sigh once more. Things at the Enrichment Centre were going down hill, and she could do nothing to prevent such a thing. 
She slowly drifted into hibernation. Perhaps the test subjects will have been killed in spectacularly gory ways for her to playback to her hearts content when she had woken up.

However, 8 hours later, GLaDOS came back on-line immediately. All systems functioning at maximum effiency.
One of the exterior camera's had registered movement, and she watched in contemplative silence as a dark shadow moved forwards, placing a briefcase on the ground in front of the sealed entrance to the Enrichment Centre.
She switched to infa-red, and took several snapshots.
It was a masked man in an black suit, black shirt, with a white tie and a top hat, holding a briefcase.
He stepped back, adjusting his tie and turning around, walking away into the night with a second briefcase in hand.

GLaDOS waited patiently for a brief moment, and then sent a drone to retrieve what had been left outside the facility entrance.
Then she attempted to re-enter hibernation once more, untroubled by the event that had just taken place.
However, she was disturbed by the beeping of the drone, as it brought her the, now opened, briefcase.
GLaDOS stared at the contents of the case before her.
It contained $1,000 in human currency. It was immediately rendered completely worthless, due to the very nature of her existence.
What was even stranger, was that there was a deed paper to a house in the 'town of Crossing Central'
GLaDOS ran a check on the internet, and found nothing but a roleplay from a website that had existed over a century ago, during the time Chell had gone through her first... episode.

Finally, GLaDOS' attention turned to the final object in the large, case.
It was a small cube, covered in lines and coloured shapes.
On GLaDOS's will, the robot that had brought the case to her bent down to pick up the large cube.
On touch, the cube suddenly sprang up out of the case.
GLaDOS watched calmly as it unfolded, each line turning out to be a grove as the cube unfolded into a robot.
As if on cue - most likely to some sort of magnetic call, the padded interior of the case sprang open, revealing a hidden compartment filled with curved white metal plates.
They flew out of the case, assembling on the machine, leaving a very feminine robot standing in front of GLaDOS, with a small circular hole where her single eye should be.

The design looked like it could have been created by Aperture, but GLaDOS knew that could not be so.

Suddenly, the new robot leaped forwards, grabbing GLaDOS's head in one hand, and hastily punching into her core with the other. Then there was a vibration. A massive vibration. The robot ripped out GLaDOs' core, as if it was ripping the heart out of a human. 
GLaDOS finally reacted as she detected a temporal rift jerking back, and letting out a metallic screech, but it was too late.
Her vision went dead, as she powered down, going offline.

Thirty seconds later, however, her vision had returned, as GLaDOs' system rebooted itself. However, she wasn't entirely pleased with the circumstances upon which she had been revived.
She had realized that she was now inside the robot, and in an instant, she realized what the devil was happening.
"No. NooOOOo! STOO-ARRGGH!!"
Her new body, still running on a pre-prepared program of commands, bent down picking up a small cylinder from the case, before closing the case and scooping it up as well.
"Warning. GLaDOS Master Core missing. Retrieving." The Announcer stated.
A mechanical arm swung down, but missed narrowly as the robot stepped back, clicking down on a button on the cylinder.
There was a massive build up of energy, that surpassed even GLaDOs' capacity, before a flash of icy-blue and purple light overloaded her sensors. 
Then it happened. The light completely enveloped GLaDOS' new body... before dispersing. Leaving nothing behind. 
She was gone. 
Gone from the Enrichment Center. 
Gone from her own time.
Leaving behind a dead shell of a once powerful robotic being.

Things were only going to get more complicated from there.

---

...bzzzt...

...BzzzT!...

GLaDOS' visual receptor cleared, dispelling the burn on the artificial retina that the flash had caused.
The white started to fade, receding back too the edge of GLaDOS' vision.
She found herself sitting on a train, one that was particually clean and fresh, bouncing through the countryside. It seemes to be headed for a small city sitting on the near horizon.
The carriage was empty, well lit, and made entirely of chrome metal, save for the seat covers.
GLaDOS absorbed all this infomation instantaneously, before turning to a more pressing matter.

She had never been in a proper robot. She had been robotic. But never a robot. Technically, she was a computer, with a determined object of interface, namely the large body dangling from the roof in her chamber, back at the Enrichment Centre.
Over the years, she had occasionally used robotic arms, or taken wireless control of robots, so GLaDOS already had basic motor skills of a humanoid styled body.
But she had never been in a body like this. It was so... cybernetic, yet feminine. The plain whiteness of the typical Aperture Science creations had been kept, but her body was far more detailed and humanoid than the average P-Body

After some further pondering, GLaDOS made the decision to stand up, and did so, in a very jerky and uncoordinated fashion.
She took a few steps, getting a feel for this lightweight copy of Aperture technology - most likely something else stolen by Black Mesa.
GLaDOS flexed her exoskeletal fingers twice. She tested out her new eyes, the red emerald gems on a sea of blackness and let out a whimsical hum out of the silver mouthplate which now housed her audio speakers.
"Interesting..."
She sat back down, as the train started to slow, as it seemed to finally reach its inevitable destination....
Spoiler : Part 2 ~ Webs and Swords :

Peter Parker sighed to himself as he walked down the one of the legendary shopping-oriented high street of New York City. It was the third week in a row that J. Jonah Jameson had given him a lower than usual paycheck. The excuse? His photos of his alter-ego, the Amazing Spider-Man, just weren't good enough to maintain his staff job pay. Ergo, Jonah publishes photos anyway, but gives sub-par prices for them.
Honestly, the guy should be thankful I'm putting up with him. Hell, I have to deal with the same rage from the same guy two times more than the normal lackey! he thought to himself, throroughly irate. Still, keep calm, keep a steady head... just because I'm the only superhero in town who gets bashed to this extent every day doesn't mean I should do something stupid like web something nasty to the Bugle billboard... ok, maybe later.

He slowly came to a stop outside the local jewellery shop. He paused to take a jtaking a look at the wide variety of rings inside. From diamond to emerald, from ruby to sapphire, they had all sorts. 
Any one of them would be perfect to give to MJ... I just hope she accepts my proposal tonight. I'm not even going to think about last year's events... all that matters is the now. And I don't like the look of where that van's headed. 

Peter's Spider-Sense had kicked into gear as the van seemed to be heading straight for him. He leapt out of the way, as the van smashed straight into the jewellery store, shattering the glass and displays along the floor. He landed in a spider-like pose. Something that he did often. But in costume. Not in normal clothes.

Thankfully, the citizens were more interested in the van than Peter Parker, giving him time to exit the scene. 
Maybe I should just install my own CCTV cameras here. This place seems to be more popular than the bank right next to it. thought Peter, as he sprinted through the alleyway, pulling off his clothes to reveal the bold red and blue costume of his alter-ego.

There was a rumble from the van. A large rumble. Slowly, but surely. Then a large, grey-suited figure burst out of the back doors. 

The Rhino.

Peter put on his mask, to switch his idenity to the amazing, spectacular and astonishing Spider-Man. Sometimes, I wonder why I bother.
He lept onto the wall, hastily climbing up, the tips of his fingers sticking to the walls like suction cups to anything they were placed on. He reached the top of the building, and ran across the rooftop, to see what he was up against.

The Rhino was taking steps back, ready to do a run up to the jewellery store. 
Oh, Rhino. How typical. Can't They have a day where they get this guy to just stay in prison? He seems to bust out at the drop of a rhino-coloured coin. groaned Peter, his internal monologue disappointed at the site. Ah well, a heroic deed is a heroic deed.

He jumped off, ready to take out the thug once he reached the ground. 
He reached the ground alright. If you can call Rhino's back a freakin' ground, be my guest! thought Peter, as he flinched from the hard contact with Rhino's metallic back.

Rhino yelped, surprised at the sudden addition to his body. He dashed forward and was now reaching for Spider-Man, who was pretty much hanging off his horn.

"C'MERE, INSECT!" boomed the gravelly, yet thunderous voice of the thug.
Naturally, Spidey didn't comply. "Firstly, it's 'come here', and spiders are arachnids! But then if you were bright, we wouldn't be having this talk, eh genius?"

Rhino flared with rage, throwing Spidey off, who landed gracefully. "Really? You're standards are droping Rhiny. I should have at least kicked the stuffing out of you in self-defense by now, instead you just chucking me away.

Rhino charged, practically snarling.

"Guess I'll have to settle with self-offense!" Spidey shouted at his old foe. He lept forward. Until, out of the corner of his eye, a small light on Rhino's back flashed a couple of times. Shortly, it was an ice-blue rift suddenly opened up in front of Peter. He only had enough time to say "OH HELL-" before being sucked in without hesitation. The rift disappeared immediately after in a small shower of particles.

Leaving behind one very confused Rhino.

-----

Well, that's something you don't see everyday.

You mean that's something normal people don't see everyday. 

Well, duuuuuuh.

Deadpool stood on a rooftop, just above the whole spectacle, seemingly preparing himself for the event that was to, or had just already, took place. He stared at the Rhino, who was about to continue his assault, now that Spider-Man had been removed from the picture.

Well, there's only one way this can really go, can it.

Oh, yes. It's gonna be fun. FUN. SUPER HAPPY FUN FUN DAY.

"LOOK OUT NEW YORK!! YOU HAVE A NEW SUPERHERO IN YOUR MIDST!! A BETTER ONE THAN OL' SPIDEY CAN EVER HOPE TO BE!!!" proudly declared Deadpool, screaming at the top of his lungs. He whipped his swords out, clutching them firmly in both hands.
He aimed his sights at Rhino. "AND NOW, FAIR GENTLEMEN! WATCH ME TAKE DOWN THE BEAST!!" 
He leapt from the rooftop, his blades pointing at the back of Rhino, a twisted grin forming on Deadpool's scarred face under the mask.

However, cruel fate had other ideas. The light on Rhino's back flashed again, and the icy-blue rift that had not long ago swallowed up Spidey, reappeared directly in Deadpool's path. "OHHH FOR THE LOVE OF BILL O' REILLY NOOOOO!!!" he screamed, as he as well, surged in through the portal. And once again, it closed in a shower of sparks. Leaving behind a 'I-can't-believe-ma-luck' Rhino. 

------

Ugh... what's... cookin'... ma...

Peter slowly regained conciousness. His vision was twisted, blurred. And he felt sick. He seemed to be lying on a bed of some description. A large-ish one. He focused his eyes, as sharp as he could. He seemed to be in a dull, wooden room of some description.
Wha... who... Why this crapshack...?

Peter stood up, still trying to put together a coherent thought process. He noticed that he was still in costume, mask and all. They were intact.
That's odd... Looks like whoever brought me here wasn't exactly concerned about learning my identity.

He seemed to be in a house, one like Aunt May's old place, except... more compact. Like some unholy mixture of his old flat and the family home. Well, I guess I'm not in Kansas anymore. Peter's attention soon shifted to the serious-looking briefcase on the table nearby. What's this? My mission? Will it self-destruct in five seconds?

He carefully clicked open the locks. He was half-expecting a dozen pumpkin bombs. Those icons of doom seemed to follow him everywhere. But no... Instead there was money. It looked like...
"A THOUSAND BUCKS?!" shouted Peter, a little too loudly. Um, so... it looks like someone brought me here to reward me for six years of good work? If so, it's about time, but I doubt it. Maybe... maybe this is just to get about in this part of town. I wonder...
Peter took a singular 100 dollar bill and shoved it carefully into his right boot. He slowly shut down the briefcase and placed it under the table. He then began to attempt to exit the strange house. 

The moment Spider-Man's gloved hand was about to touch the rather-dirty handle, was quickly postponed. had stopped to notice a carving on the door in front of him. There in big bold letters was written: Crossing Central

Crossing Central...? Huh... Sort of like... "crossed paths". Maybe there are other heroes brought here, then. Maybe the X-Men? Fantastic 4? Maybe Reed can tell me what's going on...

He left the house, entering a suburbian plaza... but it was a far cry from Queens. The buildings were still hardly high enough to swing from, unfortunately. However, the site of the metropolistic buildings fell before him. It was far different to New York in general.

Well, this is getting creepier and creepier... Jeepers. Guess I'll have to get there the old fashioned way. Where ever there is. thought Peter, cricking his back, and proceeding to run out of the plaza, and towards the tall buildings that the arachnoid within him deeply needed...

----

After a long detour of doing nothing that has any particular relevance to anything or anyone, including, but not limited to, being hit by a train, Deadpool finally arrived at the house he had just gotten for free. It seemed to be on the immediate outskirts of the metropolistic part of the town.

House? THIS IS NOT A HOUSE. Houses are big enough to LIVE IN! THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT!
Well at least that explains the price tag...

Walking in the front door, he found the place completely unfurnished and devoid of charm. Frustrated, he stomped back outside and snatched a leaf from a nearby tree. He brought it back inside and threw it to the ground. Nothing happened.

"@$%#!" He furiously stomped on the leaf, mashing it into the floorboards. "How am I supposed to know which ones are furniture?!"

An hour and 200,000 leaves later, he finally gave up. He gathered all the dead leaves into a pile against the wall and just sat on that. 

This place still needs to be bigger.

He looked closely at each of the walls of the house (AKA room, glorified shed, whatever) and then stood up. Deadpool pulled out his sword and sliced the wall in front of his leaf-chair, demolishing down that entire side of the house.

Doesn't get any bigger than the world.

Down the street, he could see an even tinier, even more broken-down shack. (At least I didn't get ripped off as bad as that guy...) he thought, before deciding to find and give a Mr. "T. Nook" a visit. Anything to pass the time between jobs.

...Speaking of which, if we can't kill anyone, how are we supposed to make money?
...I thought we were lying when we said that.
"...We WERE."

And with that, Deadpool collapsed back on his leaf chair, as he considered his options.
Spoiler : Part 3 ~ Hedgehogs and More Swords :
"So... we have two superhumans and one robot. Intruiiiiiging!" 

Dubsy smiled, almost gleefully at the holographic sights of Deadpool, Spider-Man and GLaDOS in his world.
"Must say... I thought we'd have someone a little bit more... advanced in skill. I know Deadpool is near invincible, sort of, Spider-Man has the powers of a spider, and GLaDOS is a psychopath, but still... something seems missing."

Robotnik chuckled to himself, slightly more sinister than usual. 
"Ohohohoho... I have just the thing to satisfy your needs. Or... suggestions, would be a more appropriate word."
"Oh really? Continue, please." encouraged Dubsy, suddenly interested at this newly arisen situation. Anything that could help him in his plan could only be an advantage to him. Or at least, a small bonus.
"I will... don't you worry." smiled the doctor, almost serenely, with some of his own input effort.  "First, we need the speed. And I know just were to get that from... Hohoho." he chuckled, manevolently, as he the thought of his old nemesis floated around his mind.

-------

It was a bright, blistering summer's day in the forests of an unrecognisable part of North America. It was in this particular part of the USA that several civilised animals seemed to be holding a birthday party for one of their own. 
The one known as Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog. 
The party blasted on until sunset, as everyone started to go home, a few of them somewhat intoxicated. Which was strange, considering there was no alcohol available. 
Soon, only Sonic and Tails were left together.
"Well... at the risk of asking an obvious question, did you have a good day, Sonic?" asked the two-tailed fox, a bright smile on his face.
"Did I ever! If you excuse Eggman's little attempt to take over the Space-Time Continuum, it was... way past cool!" he exclaimed, giving his best thumbs up.
"Yay! Glad you enjoyed it... we've been planning this for weeks. To be honest, we weren't even going to have it the forest. But then Charmy brought it up and..."
"She never stops talking, does she?" 
"Nope."
"Still, I don't really mind where it is. It was still an awesome party, so... Thanks, buddy!" smiled Sonic, giving Tails his best thumbs-up and toothy grin.

Unknown to them, a certain black-clothed figure in a top hat placed a brand new, unopened present on the edge of the table. 
"Well, I should really start clearing up now." stated Tails, as he turned back to face the picnic table. However, as he did so, he noticed the new present. "Huh...? Sonic, you've got an unopened present... I didn't notice it before."
Within the blink of an eye, Sonic's mood changed. He became suspicious. Very suspicious. 
"Who's it from?" he asked, ready to throw it over the nearest cliff if nesessary.
"It's from... Sally." read Tails, as he picked up the present.
"Sally Acorn?" uttered Sonic in surprise. "I haven't heard from her in... I don't even remember when we last spoke. How'd she manage to get a present from Mobius to Earth in time for my birthday, anyway?"
"Don't ask me - I may know a lot about machines and scientific theories, but I know nothing about intergalatic postal services." grinned Tails, out of slight embarrassment. "Still, it's her handwriting."

Sonic let out a small chuckle before ripping the wrapping off, as fast as he could. However, he still couldn't shake the feeling of doubt, dread and of course, suspicion.
Once he had gotten through the paper, he saw that it was a book.

"A book...?" 
"Sonic, don't put down literature! It's cool! Seriously!" clapped Tails, as he pointed at the book.
Sonic, however, lowered his eyelids and groaned. The last book he read sent him to the land of King Arthur. The book before that sent him to the Arabian Nights. Sonic wasn't particularly keen on the world of "Crossing Central". It sounded like the name of an obsure soap opera.
"Broaden your horizons, Sonic!" eagerly snapped Tails. 
"Uhh, Tails, you know about... thing with the... King Arthur... and funky stuff with... the Arabian Nights... don't you?" Sonic asked, almost pleading.
"Just look at it! You probably won't even get sucked into your next book's world like before, so just see if it's something interesting to read, okay?" 
"Fine, fine."

Sonic took the book and briefly flicked through the first chapter.

"last book he read sent him to the land of King Arthur. The book before that sent him to the Arabian Nights. Sonic wasn't particularly keen on..."

"Hmm... That seems familiar." uttered Sonic.
"I know, right?" replied Tails, who had now gone back to clearing off the table. "Does it look cool? What do you think?"

There was no reply.

"Sonic?" uttered Tails, as he turned around. And then his eyes had widened in slight shock.

He was already gone.

---

Within a few minutes of a rather turbulant landing, Sonic woke up. He had never been keen on this travelling through time and space thing. Hence why he never actually used the Chaos Emeralds for anything other than Super Transformation, rather than teleportation.
With haste, he lept to his feet, taking a look around his surroundings. He seemed to be in a bedroom of sorts. It was of a simple design. There was a dresser, a desk, a lamp; and of course, a bed.
"Huh." remarked Sonic. "I barely even started reading it this time."

However, before him, lay an unbelievable site. All of the aforementioned seven Chaos Emeralds were on the floor scattered about. They must have been thrashed out upon the landing.

He hastily gathered them up within seconds, before inserting them into an abnormally large wallet that had his name written on it, (in extraordinarily neat handwriting) that he found on the bed. For safe keeping, he told himself.

He began to walk down the stairway as he wondered what else was going to ensue in this rapidly depressing day. And as he did so, only one word kept repeatedly cropping up into his head. Just one word.

Eggman.

---

Shadow the Hedgehog was resting on a rooftop, on the very edge of the city, bordering into Station Square. In the sky, it was nearing the darkness of night, as slowly, the stars started to come into focus above him. The dark hedgehog was lost in deep thought, as usual. 
Ugh... why did I waste so much time at that... children's party? I know it was arranged by, what is essentially, a child, but... that was pretty lame. he thought to himself. Parties are an unnessesary part of life anyway. It begins, then it ends. All you have to show for it are your painful memories, and your slowly degenerating liver.

He folded his arms. Still. Who am I to judge the masses.
He lept to his feet, ready to take off around the city again. Where to go... maybe I'll give Radical Highway another whirl. I'm not sure. Must be something I can do... 
To his sudden surprise, he heard a noise behind him. It sounded suspiciously like a vague cracking noise. As quickly as he could he spinned around. He picked up his pistol from next to his skate-sneaker.
"Show yourself." he simply stated, getting ready to aim and fire at any time. 

No response. 

Shadow continued walking forward, but kept his distance, just in case there was a hostile for a creator of the noise. He took it slow, to react to anything that may come flying at him. 
"Show yourself, or I will find and give you a little 'demonstration' of my abilities. Is that what you want?" uttered the black Hedgehog, louder this time.
It was to his own misfortune, that he failed to notice a miniature light start up near to his feet. That is, until he felt a vibration on the ground, or rooftop technically, of course. 
"W-what is this?!" Shadow exclaimed, as he almost lost balance. Then almost as soon as he had said that, an icy-blue portal generated beneath him. "Damn, not here!" he groaned, as he realized what was going to happen.

It happened. 

Shadow the Hedgehog was absorbed through the portal, the sheer force of the absorption forcing him to drop his gun onto the rooftop, upon where it would stay. For good.

Now, he was on route to Crossing Central to be alongside his blue-furred friendly rival. 

Or not.

-----

For reasons unknown to her, Kazooie was suddenly warped out of the comfort of Banjo's backpack and into perhaps the dullest place she had been warped to in her life-an everyday living room. Well, she had been warped to so many places and they had all been pretty cool until now, so it figured that at least one of them would be boring. Still, hadn't they all been cool because of her status as an adventurer? What kind of an adventure is one supposed to have in a boring, everyday house?

Strangely, Banjo was no where to be found. Kazooie wandered through all the rooms, calling his name, yet to avail. Was this the work of Gruntilda? Or the Lord of Games? Or perhaps some new haughty overlord? At any rate, the person had decided that Kazooie was the person for the job and not her and Banjo together. To be honest, she had been short changed so much in her previous adventure, that she didn't really mind. She always wanted one game to herself, anyway.

On the living room table, she could see a wallet. She looked inside and saw dollar bills that allotted to one thousand dollars in total. She stuck the wallet between the feathers of one wing, where it remained securely and inconspicuously, then put a wing to her beak thoughtfully. Not a lot was really happening in this house, other than the discovery of the wallet. Perhaps she had to go and find the action on her own?

------

"Well, I believe we have some good sources of speed now. Sonic the Hedgehog. Shadow the Hedgehog. Kazooie the Bird. Does that satisfy your need, Dubsy?" smirked Robotnik, almost sarcastically. However, he didn't go the full sarcasm, otherwise it may just have been detected.
Dubsy seemed to be lost in some sort of deep thought. "Hmm... Perhaps we should inject a bit... class into the enigma, just to spice things up a bit." 
"Oh God, really?" groaned Robotnik, as he slapped his gloved hand against his forehead, almost knocking his goggles off.
"Yes."
"What sort of class?"
"Medieval. Sort of, anyway. Fantasy. Sort of."
"Sort of."
"I'm getting the Prince of Altea."
"Oh. Who?"
"...Marth Lowell."
"Ahh... why?"
"Because it will be interesting to see how someone from a world of magic and extremely primitive technology will deal with this situation... call it a social experiment. A side-quest, if you will." replied Dubsy, his arms folded in some sort of majestic manner.
"Hmm..." grunted Robotnik, also performing the same gesture, albeit for a very different reason...

-------

The prince of Altea wasn't exactly sure where he was, so he tried to recollect his thoughts. Taking a look around, he found that he was inside a house of some kind... it was rather different than the houses he was used to seeing. Better built at the very least... almost as though the builder had used advanced techniques that were never shared with the world. He tried to remember what he had been doing before... perhaps that would help him find out where he was?

"Prince Marth! Merric would like to see you. He says that he has something to show you sire." I heard Cain tell me. Behind him was a close friend of mine, Merric, who was also an excellent mage. I nodded at Cain, and he left.
"Good to see you sire. I have to show you something! My latest, and perhaps even better than Excalibur!" Merric said.

The memory seemed somewhat distant to Marth, but slowly he remembered everything else that had happened. That was right... he had gone with Merric to a practice field so he could show him his new spell. It was actually very impressive, but then it got too powerful. Merric didn't seem to expect it, and he lost control of the spell, which was a rather powerful wind spell... Marth had pushed him out of the way, and blocked it with the Shield of Seals. The spell certainly wasn't life-threatening, but Marth did not want his friend to get injured. He remembered nothing after that though... actually, there was nothing after that. The spell must have warped him to where he was now somehow... perhaps Merric had tried to combine magic with a few properties of the Warp Staff?

Still, wherever he was, Marth had never been here. This place was very different... it wasn't Altea, Aurelis, Talys, or Archanea. Nor was it Dohlr, Gra, Grust, or Macedon. Could it be that he was on an entirely new continent? Still, that didn't explain everything... well, he would find a way back to Altea in any case. Marth noticed that he still had everything that he had been carrying, and his clothes were still fine despite the harsh winds that they had faced. He still had the Sword of Shields with him, and he was carrying the legendary sword Falchion with him. That was odd... why had he been carrying that around? Ah... now he remembered. Before, he had been training with the knights of Altea, and carried his Falchion and Rapier with him. Marth ended up using a regular Iron Sword, but he brought the Falchion and Rapier anyway out of habit.

Marth checked his pockets, and found a vulnerary in them... he had carried them while in war, and now always had one just in case. Once again, it was more out of habit than anything. Marth didn't have any Gold with him though... it was at that time that he noticed a table in the middle of the room with a briefcase on it. In his thoughts, he must have missed it. The prince of Altea slowly approached it and opened it... there was a small note beside it that said that it belonged to him. Marth found a strange currency inside of it... it certainly wasn't Gold... it was made out of parchment? How strange... this land definitely used a different currency. That all but confirmed that he was very far from home.

"My friends... wherever you are, I will return to you soon. Caeda, Merric, Cain, Abel, Draug, and all the others that have fought alongside me... I will do my best in this new land." Marth said, making a promise to himself. Despite having unified all of his continent, which included Gra, Grust, Dohlr, Macedon, Aurelis, Archanea, and Altea under him, Marth had never become cruel or cold. He still had a certain innocence about him, and the War of Darkness hadn't changed that. The War of Heroes hadn't changed that either.

However, it remained to be seen whether this new situation would lay down the foundations to do just that.
Spoiler : Part 4 ~ Power Is The Key :
Slight hesistation befell the mind and mood of GLaDOS as she stood before the front door of her newly aquired home. If she had a mouth, it would surely be grimacing. Of course, she did not. So folding her arms served much the same purpose in the situation.

GLaDOS inserted the key into the lock, before twisting it sharply. The door swang open, as if it was loose at the hinges.
The inside of the house was warmly lit. There was a fireplace burning in the living room, presumably lit just before her arrival. The home was reasonably decorated, and seemed to be laid out so that there was as much walking space as possible.
"Interesting." she stated, monotonously as she walked forwards, straight up the main stairs, and onto the second floor.
There was less space on that floor, as typical of most two story houses. However, considering it was essentially a one-person house, the lack of room was frustrating, especially for a robot used to spacious surroundings.

On an impulse, she turned straight into the master bedroom.
Strangely, there was no bed in here - only a Regeneration Unit for her robot body.
GLaDOS stepped forwards, brushing the side of the unit with the back of her hand. The sound created sounded like the ungodly lovechild of nails on a chalkboard and a car being scraped.

Surely, it'll only be a matter of time before the reasons for my presence here will be revealed. It would be a shame to tear this place apart. It would be fun, but the designs are rather pleasent. Pleasent enough to be spared. For now. she thought to herself.

She plugged herself into the Regeneration Unit,

------

It was just another seemingly neverending day at the office for FBI agent Norman Jayden, as he began filling out more paper work. By far the dullest point of the job. It seemed... mundane, especially after the events of the previous year.
Saving Shaun Mars... clearing Ethan's name... stopping the Origami Killer... those were just a few of the events that transpired in his life within 365 days. He honestly didn't expect to make it out of the entire investigation alive, but he was. His injuries healed. His mind as clear as a bird. But boredom, absolute.

Suddenly, he began to feel cold... a familiar sensation. One that he had felt many times, much to his chagrin.

No... I'm not going back to triptocaine. Not again. Not after that... Norman told himself, clentching his fists. He tried to ignore it, but it still raged on in his brain and his skin.

Jayden stared at his ARI glasses. A new model had been issued recently, and was promised to be much safer than the old one. The tanks had gone away, but he still saw them while sleeping sometimes.....
Reluctantly, Jayden gave in to temptation, and slowly tried to put on the glasses.

It was a mistake.

Almost immediately, there was an icy blue flash of light, as he felt himself being pulled somewhere. Beyond his control.

He landed with a thump, onto a wooden floor. Jayden looked around him, wondering where he was. Was it the ARI messing with his head again?

No. It didn't have the same feel. He then considered the possibility that he was now having an Acid Trip. Then he ignored it. He didn't feel sick, and if it was, it was the dullest Acid Trip in the history of mankind.

Eventually, a terrible thought dawned upon his mind. Maybe... maybe he had been kidnapped?
Norman stood up, drawing himself up to his full height, and began searching for a way out.

After walking around for a short period, he came to the conclusion that he had absolutely no idea where he was. He was in a house, obviously, which seemed to be unoccupied. There was a briefcase on the table....Did someone else live here?
The only thing Jayden saw outside was a sign that said "Crossing Central"

Presumably, that's the name of this place... well, might as well take a look outside Said Norman. He didn't know where he was going, but it might be a good idea to take a look around.

He cautiously unlocked the door. It was the start of a new investigation. And he wasn't exactly ready. But then again, kidnapping is one of those things that throws you.

Norman swallowed whatever liquid substances remained in his mouth, and walked outside into whatever hellish underbelly lay before him.

---

"And now for one final person."

Dubsy's face contorted into a wide grin as he thought about the final person to insert into the Crossing Central abomination of a town. Robotnik simply shook his head as he finished preparing the monitoring equipment on the other side of the room.
"Let's go with someone a little more... powerful this time." he smirked, his hand gestures rivalling that of William Shatner himself. "I'm thinking... Uber-powerful. Just to... add a bit of conflict."
"And render everyone else irrelevent, yes?" uttered Robotnik to himself, quietly.

Not quietly enough.

"Doctor. Please. I will be making some sacrifices, don't get me wrong. Also, I can make slight alterations to every person I summon." stated Dubsy, his voice laced with annoyance at the doctor's seeming insubordination.
"Just don't choose anyone too over-the-top." stated Robotnik in reply, simply finishing off his monitoring equipment.
"Don't worry, I know just who to choose." he smirked. "Doctor, prepare to meet a Mr. Vegeta, searcher of the Dragonballs."
"WHAT?! You fool! He's TOO powerful! There's no telling what he could-"
"Can't hear you, writing it down."
"Noooooooo! Don't! You'll-"

Suddenly, there was a slight tremor under the ground, as Dubsy finished the summoning "request". The vibration began to grow. Rapidly. And then purple streaks of lightning began to shoot from the book, forcing itself out of Dubsy's hands, and onto the wooden floor.
"Ohhh, dear."
Robotnik jumped, partly in fear, and partly in rage. "Now look what you've done! You can't summon a man of his power. Hell, you cannot summon saiyans full stop! They can destroy planets if they reach the relative power level!"
"Which is probably why he will end up with only a percentage of his powers... and a pretty unstable mind." Dubsy stated, looking rather shellshocked. "If a summoning goes wrong, the subject will often end up with some sort of mental instability."
"Oh, fabulous. He's insane. He'll kill everyone!" Robotnik moaned. "Not to mention from what I've heard of him, he's a pretty merciless cretin at the best of times!"
"Not nessesarily..." uttered Dubsy, quietly, as the tremor began to settle down. "Oh hey, that wasn't so bad."

There was a silent pause.

"Not so bad? Just take a look at this little image here." grunted Robotnik, as he scanned his equipment.
Dubsy walked over, slowly and cautiously. He took a look at the screen. The image on it of course, caused him to lose his words.

Lose all words, in fact.

------

Vegeta awoke on the floor of a surburbian home. He stared for a brief moment at the wooden floor, trying to work out whether this was a practical joke or not.
Well, given the last thing I remember is... wait a minute, what was I doing before here? I... seriously can't remember. Agh, my freakin' head...

The Prince of the Saiyans somehow managed to pick himself up and drag himself towards a table. A table with a briefcase on it.
Instead of doing the logical thing, which would be to open it, Vegeta ripped the briefcase in half, send the metallic bonds that were holding the thing together flying through the air, along with $1000 cash. "What... currency?! What is this I don't even..."
Fighting the mental anguish that was currently occuring in his head, Vegeta struggled to collect all of the money from the ground.

----

Sonic pushed open the door of his home and finally took a good panoramic look at Crossover Central.

He hastily spun round and examined his own house. It was labelled 'Sunic.'
"Well, at least they tried. Looks like I'd better find out more about this place. At least until I find a way home. Using Chaos Control may not be too smart until I figure out where I actually am."
Almost on cue, the mailman appeared into view. He seemed to be exhausted, especially with the large trolley of newspapers he was pushing all with very grandeur headlines.
"Huh. Yo, mailman!"

The mailman screeched to a halt and turned hastily to Sonic, gasping for breath.
"Oh, did I miss your house?"
"You missed that house too." replied Sonic, gesturing to his neighbour's home on the far left.
"I'm sorry... this is my first day. What's your name?
The mailman absent-mindedly threw a paper in the general direction of the man's house. A loud grunt was also heard behind him.
"I'm Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog! How 'bout you?"
"My name's Karl. It's my birthday today! I just turned 19, so I'm finally old enough to drink by Crossing Central law! I've been rushing through my paper run because I'm so excited to go out and party with all my buddies!"

"Well happy birthday Karl!" said Sonic as he shook the teenager's hand.

"Welcome to Crossing Central, Sonic. This is the best day of my life! I hope to see you around!" he smiled, before restarting his round.

Naturally, the rolled up newspaper that he had absent mindly thrown just happened to be directed at Vegeta's house. It came flying through the air, hitting him directly in the face.
Vegeta felt a sudden rage burn through him. A hideous, burning fury, unlike anything he had felt for years. And naturally, he lost control of his own sense of scale, as he deemed the move as a hostile attack. Enraged, he had begun charging a Ki blast at the mailman, while still trying to recover the marbles of his mind as they burned with rage and fury. Eventually, just as the mailman was about to depart, Vegeta fired an almighty blast, before the poor kid even had a chance to notice.

"GAAAAHHH!!" came the piercing scream of the mailman, as his flesh blackened and boiled gruesomely, his hipster clothes burning to cinders, his auburn hair becoming nothing but flailing strands of ash and dust as the Ki ripped his body apart, engulfing it in blue and orange flame, inside and out. Sonic watched in stunned helplessness. He felt several emotions at once as young Karl's body burned in agonising fashion with the fiery ki energy. He could only let out a gasp.

In seconds, all that was left of the mailman's body was a screaming skeleton, the joints locked into position. The position of which he should never have been forced into. Then, unable to stand its own weight and structure, it crumbled to ashes.

Karl Stanley was no more. All that was left of him was his hat and his trolley. They were, ironically, nearly unscathed.

GLaDOS turned, as a piercing scream echoed from the street.
She disconnected herself from her unit, and ran to the window, ripping open the curtains.
A a pile of ash with a mailman's hat was resting on top of a pile of ash, with a giant blue hedgehog kneeling beside it, seemingly angsting over it. There was also a spikey headed man in the distance, staring at his hands with an angered grimace on his face.

She scanned the present figures and ran a brief check through her internal memory banks.
Sonic The Hedgehog. Fictional character. Presence in the area impossible. Vegeta. Fictional character. Presence in the area impossible.
She gave a metallic sigh, and slowly walked out of the room.
It was time to meet the neighbours.

----

"Karl...!"

Sonic barely managed to stutter the name. He collapsed to his knees, in shock and emotional malfunction more than anything. He had just seen a kid, little older than he was, brutally murdered before him. The agonising image of Karl screaming in pain as his fate was sealing had burned itself into Sonic's mind. For a moment, all he could see was that gruesome image.

He wasn't sure just how to react. Pain. Sorrow. Regret.

Guilt.

One thing in his head was certain. Definately certain. Whoever did this is going to pay... that's a promise, Karl... I swear it. I. Will. Make. Them. SUFFER.

With that, Sonic the Hedgehog rose to his feet, gripping the wallet containing the Chaos Emeralds tightly. The dark blue aura beginning to surround his body as his spikes slowly rose upwards. The colour of his fur and skin merged to become pure black, and his pupils disappeared from his eyes, leaving only a patch of white.

Dark Super Sonic was in town, and ready for revenge.

-----

Vegeta ignored the newspaper, simply stepping on it. He was more concerned by the fact that he felt that he was considerably weaker than before... and he was finding it a chore to even think straight. Everything seemed to be happening in slow-motion and fast-motion, both at the same time, but at different points of his mind.
He clutched his head, falling to his knees.
And yet he didn't even know why...

----

"A METEOR?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN, A METEOR?! THE TOWN'S GOING TO BE OBLITERATED BEFORE THE PLAN IS EVEN INITIALIZED?!" screamed Dubsy, his hands on his scalp, clawing furiously at his hair and messing up its style.
"Calm down. But this is cause for concern. This asteroid is a matter-dimensional rock. Which means you've literally snapped the essences of the dimensions of space and time into pieces to do this. Pieces of this asteroid. Congratulations, you've condemned them to death already." began Robotnik, frowning as he tapped buttons on his monitoring station. "Anyway, It will have the effect of a meteor only to people who do not belong. Such as, everyone who you brought in. None of the civilians will be able to even see it, let alone be hurt by it. None of the buildings will be damaged. However, the same can't be said for them, of course."

Dubsy sat down on the chair next to Robotnik, as he considered various courses of action. It took some time as he thought through everything carefully and efficiently. Eventually, he came to a decision. One that he was sure would work. Hopefully.
"Hmm... Say, doctor, how would you like to make a PA announcement?" he smirked, cracking his knuckles.
"...I would only be too pleased." uttered Robotnik, monotonously, with just a hint of dread as to how he was going to spin this.
Spoiler : Part 5 ~ Final Destination :
Marth had been taking a walk, with no general direction in mind. He wasn't completely sure where he was, of course. He felt the need to familiarize himself with the surrounding area, however seemingly impossible that task was. Though he was sure he wouldn't need it, he made sure that he was ready for combat at any time by having his shield out, on guard. If he got into combat, then he could easily use either a rapier or the Falchion to fight. Although, he would need to be careful using the rapier... it could break, but it was also very effective against cavalry and armored knights. Of course, the chances of either of them making an appearance here were extraordinarily slim. He finally settled on using his Falchion, which couldn't break and was generally more effective.

After walking around for a while, Marth saw another building that was somewhat similar to his. It was rather plain looking... whoever lived in there hadn't decorated it at the very least. Perhaps he wasn't the only one in his situation? That was when the door to the house opened, and someone stepped outside. This person seemed rather odd to Marth... he certainly wasn't from Altea. It actually seemed like the person was from a very different place... he was wearing a coat of some kind, with a white plain shirt and some sort of cloth neck ornament, and looked like a sort of official investigator... whoever he was, his appearance suggested a more futuristic look to Marth. His appearance also suggested that he was rather tired... overworked perhaps, or he had just woken up.

To Norman, this strange man jn blue didn't look like anyone He had ever come across before in his life. He didn't resemble anyone from Washington or otherwise. Maybe he was from another part of the country? Or many even another actual country? Maybe France? 

Getting his priorities back in line, Jayden had an overload of questions for the man. So many in fact that he didn't know where ro start. So, instead he decided to introduce himself and quote the two upper-most questions on his head. In one swift movement, he whipped his badge out of his jacket, flashing it to Marth, who stumbled back in surprise more than anything.

"My Name is Norman Jayden, FBI. I would appriciate it if you could answer my questions. Firstly, who are you? Secondly, do you know why we're here or how we got here?"

---

Just as Deadpool left the shattered, small shack of a house, a familiar face came into view. Well, insomuch as it could be called a "face." More of a cloth with creasent moons for eyes.
"...Spidey? SPIDEY! Buddy! It's been too long!"
Does he remember us?
Of course he remembers us! We had such good times together! Like that time when we tried to kill him, or that other time when we tried to kill him, or all those weird video games where we tried to kill him...
Were we ever NOT trying to kill him?
Well... there was the whole monkey thing...
HE was trying to kill US there.
Exactly! So we're pretty much best friends.

What Deadpool didn't know is that Spidey had been walking, running, sprinting and web-zipping for the best part of half an hour. So he wasn't exactly in a talkative mood. Nonetheless, not initally recognising the voice, Peter turned to see who was calling him. And he couldn't be more annoyed if he tried once he recognised the red and black masked face of his least favourite mercenary. Really? Of all the "heroes" in the world, the one you leave me with is... Deadpool? You have a sick sense of humour, omnipotent being who brought me here.

He took a deep breath. "Ah... Deadpool. You got brought here... as well, huh?" he asked. As long as he doesn't try to kill me, we'll be juuust fine.

Hehe, he doesn't expect a thing. It's cute in a way.
"Brought...? I CAME here, bud. I was just clearin' up the mess you left behind with the Rhino, and I saw the portal and dived right into it, like... y'know, a diver. I thought it would be easy, promise not to kill anyone, gain a thousand dollars... And I mean, you know me. I am always a man of my word."
(We're... honest?)
"Brutally so. It's my best and worst trait. But anyway, what are you doing here? I figure if good ol' Spidey's here, that means something big is about to go down, riiight?"

Pleaaaase, stop talking. thought Peter to himself, as a wild small headache appeared in his mind to go side-by-side with his brewing dehydration.

However, as if on cue, a gravelly voice echoed over the speaker.

"Greetings to all Crossing Central residents. This is your... mayor speaking. Unfortunately I have some grave news for you all, for you see, in roughly 1 hour from now, a large meteor will hit the town. Now, to avoid your untimely, and/or idiotic deaths, please make your way to the underground shelter, near the train station. Good day!"

Spider-Man and Deadpool stared at each other with opened eyes. For once, neither of them knew what to say. Eventually, Peter broke the silence. "Well... nice day." 
"Yeah... pretty [Censored. Please be polite]'. Not... in the least bit concerning." replied the mercenary. 
"So... you wanna get going to the shelter, before we both meet our untimely demise."
"Yes."
Let's.
Go.
Wait. We need to gather the leaves.
Forget the damn leaves, I don't wanna be squashed into parmesan by a meteor! Again!
"Aww, but I like the leaves. I'm going to get just one! Later, Spidey." 

Peter chose to ignore what Deadpool had said, so Spidey decided now was the appropriate time to take his leave. "Well, uh, come to the shelter when you can!" he shouted as he shot a web towards the nearest house, and swang low with it, heading towards the shelter, following the signs. Until he heard a piercing scream down the street. 

His spider-sense tingled as he latched onto a wall. Through his mind, he saw a teenager being fried to a crisp... by a spiky-headed hooligan...

WH-WHOA!! Fried to ashes... I... God... Now, he seems... powerful... just like another supervillain of the week. Again.

He shifted his Sensing-Mind to be greeted with the sorrowful form of Sonic the Hedgehog.

And... S-Sonic the hedgehog?! I thought he was just a legend! Even S.H.I.E.L.D. have limited experience with him... but then again I'm still just a legend to anyone outside the U.S.A... Go figure. he thought to himself, almost pouting.

He immediately surged back to reality, and adjusted his swinging direction to interfere with this situation, in typical Spidey-Style.

----

Vegeta heard a loud whimper, turning into a growl down the street. There was a low-pitched sound, He turned his head to see a shadowy figure, almost resembling some sort of hedgehog walking on two legs. Very peculiar. Vegeta noticed that this hedgehog seemed rather angry, but he couldn't fathom out why. 

"Hello, my spiky little friend. Or, perhaps, soon to be problem." smirked Vegeta, folding his arms. "Well you're actually quite big for a, hedgehog is it?" 

Vegeta's provoking smirk across his face contorted into more of a menacing grimace. 

"You... you're the one who killed Karl!" The hedgehog's almost indistinguishable face grew more and more contorted with rage at the sight of Vegeta. 

"Well at least he didn't throw a newspaper in my face like that stupid mailman died." Vegeta grimaced using his scouter to read the hedgehog's power level. It rose to above 900,000 But something else was also present on the hedgehog's person. With a power level of over 1,000,000 and beyond - the scouter couldn't stabilize the fluctuations in the power surges. Whatever was around the hedgehog wasn't anything to be laughed at.

"I'm going introduce my fist to your face, personally!" screamed Sonic, embracing his newfound dark side. He let out a massive primal scream as purple and black energy coursed through and around him, before he rocketed towards Vegeta, a black boost aura surrounding his body. Vegeta immediately leapt out of the way, cursing under his breath. Not quick enough to see Sonic twist around like a lighting bolt and fire a plethora of Chaos Spears in his direction.

They impacted with several small explosions, engulfing the surrounding area. Sonic smirked to himself. Heh... that'll immobilize him for a while.
Or so he thought. The smoke cleared... and Vegeta was standing. Still. With the exception of a few dents in his chestplate, he was relatively unscathed. Brushing the dust off his shoulder, Vegeta grimaced at Sonic's ominous floating figure. "Think you can stop me, runt? REALLY?!"

"The hell, I do!" growled Sonic, as he dashed forward at lightning speed, fuelled by his own lust for revenge, knocking the saiyan to the ground before twisting around and firing another set of Chaos Spears. Vegeta leapt out of their range just in time, and began firing instant Ki shots at Sonic. 

The Dark Hedgehog deflected them back like they were merely tennis balls. Much to the prince of saiyans chagrin. He attempted to dodge the Ki shots, but still felt a few hit him squarely in the chest, causing his heart to skip a beat.

Sonic locked onto Vegeta once more, the blank, expressionless face conveying his rage quitr clearly. And without a word, began charging energy. "You're going to pay for everything you've done, most notably, the death of Karl! The kid who didn't deserve his death! Yet you gave it to him! TODAY! YOU WILL JOIN HIM IN DEATH!!"

Vegeta prepared to leap out of the way, but it was too late. Sonic unleashed an almighty blast of purple energy, almost like a satellite laser, but contained onto its solitary target. Vegeta wasn't even visible in the gigablast.

It was at that point that the red-and-blue figure of Spider-Man appeared upon the scene, perching himself on top of a building.
Oh man, what's going on here... Some sort of... Epic stand off that I seem to have just caught the end of, I see. thought Peter to himself, unsure whether he should get involved in the situation. Maybe he could diffuse it. Or get fried in the process.

Slowly, Sonic's energy started to subside. The huge beam became narrower and thinner until it disintergrated into nothing. And naturally, no trace was left. The ground had been fried, and all that was seemingly left of Vegeta was his armoured chestplate.

Dark Super Sonic gently floated back to the ground. His pupils returned back into focus, as his spikes lowered themselves into their natural stance. And of course, his fur and skin colour returned to their natural tones, as the dark energy evaporated into the air.
Back to normal, Sonic contemplated on what he had just done. He was exhausted. He collapsed to his knees as he panted, trying to catch his breath. While Super Transformation took it out of him at best of times, Dark Super Transformation was something else entirely. It fed off the hate. The anger. The rage. The darkness within. No rings necessary. Just hatred and anger to the extreme.

It was this that caused Sonic to reflect. He did have hatred. He did have rage. Feelings that he certainly wasn't used to. Feelings that he had considered to be weak. To be evil. To be of the "Dark Side". But here he was. A murderer.

Sonic the Hedgehog had just avenged someone. He had taken another's life, to satisify his own need for satisfaction. He had avenged the death of a mere kid. Yet, despite all of Eggman's crimes, he had never lashed out on him with so much rage and hate. But this hooligan... Sonic had just attacked and seemingly killed him without even thinking twice about it.

It was the only time he had ever been in that situation. It was the only time that he had actually killed anybody with his, essentially, bare hands. And he had been rendered speechless. Speechless by his own actions. And he sincerely hoped he would never have to do it again. 

Sonic, with a heavy heart, and an extraordinarily heavy conscience, climbed up off his knees. However, much to his surprise, there came a shout of "LOOK OUT! BEHIND YOU!!"

Unbeknownst to him, a familar figure had appeared behind him. Sonic quickly looked behind him - only to see a foot ramming towards his face at an alarming speed. The next thing he saw was stars, combined with a sharp feeling of agony between his pupils. The Hedgehog was on the floor.

Vegeta was back. His shirt was gone, and his trousers were slightly torn in places, but his skin was pristine. No flesh damage. And he had a smile on his face. A truly, sinister smile.

Peter immediately began swinging towards the scene, firing impact webs at Vegeta, aiming for his eyes. But it was too late. Vegeta was already pounding the Hedgehog into the ground with consequent punches. The impact webs simply landed on Vegeta's back, not doing anything.

Peter broke free of the web, leaping into the air in a diving motion, aiming for Vegeta's spine. At least, if I can immobilize him for sometime, Sonic can get away... God, why do I get all the insane and borderline unwinnable quests? THIS IS A TEST FOR THE X-MEN. NOT ME. FOR GOD'S SAKE.

However, it was at that moment that Vegeta happened to gaze up.

Uh-oh. thought Peter, as he knew what was coming.

Vegeta stuck his hand up, catching Spider-Man's own costumed arm, and simply tossed him into a nearby café, the wiggling body of Parker crashing through the glass of the joint, then hitting the wall before collapsing to the ground. Peter grimaced as he struggled to get back up. Wolverine, oh Wolverine, where art thou Wolverine?

Sonic had used the moment of the man in red's painful distraction to flip himself back up. He looked a state. His left eye had been blackened, his skin had been bruised and some fur had been torn from his arms and head from Vegeta's relentless beating. Knowing that this fight couldn't be won, he immediately tried to start running away as fast as he could manage. How... is this happening... I can't... do this... Any more... Too powerful... I need to get out of here...

Turning back, and acting at superspeed, Vegeta did the one thing that he believed would surely end the hedgehog. End the botheringof this rodent. He leapt up into the air once more, acting quickly. He put both of his hands together, wrist-to-wrist, as energy began to charge between them. Then, at the top of his voice, he shouted the words no enemy of a saiyan wished to hear. 

"FIIIIIII..."

Sonic grunted as he tried to up his speed. He tried to enter a boost, but his body just couldn't handle it. He collapsed to his knees, clawing at the ground with his fingers, all visible through his ripped bio-metric fibre gloves. He was just too weak. 

He tried to call on the power of the emeralds. But no. Too soon. 
A single tear fell from Sonic's eye, as he contemplated what he was going to miss. He was going to die this instant. He was sure of it. He was going to miss so many things. Tails growing up. Getting back to Mobius. Everything that he could have been a part of. But he was tricked into this. His death. Worst... Birthday... EVER.

He turned around, looking to face his enemy in the eye. Die like a warrior. A defender. The guardian that he had spent his short life being. Die with honour. He breathed heavily, and braced himself.

"NAL..."

Peter stared onwards as got up from the cafe's floor. The energy build up in Vegeta's hand became immense. He thought quickly as to whether he could act. It was no longer a question of should. It was a question of how and when. But it was impossible. He ached all over from the velocity of Vegeta's throw. He couldn't do anything. He was useless.

GLaDOS viewed the whole spectacle with fascination from her front door. It was interesting, watching the spiky-haired hooligan beat the living crap out of the spiky-haired hedgehog and costumed superhero. An interesting display of human VS extra-terrestrial combat. If any of them could be classed as "human".  

Interesting... Looks like there will be more than one death this day. How fascinating. Maybe I should ensure a being like Vegeta is engineered for the test subjects to be challenged by. The difficulty will be infinite. she murmured to herself as she awaited Vegeta's final shot.

"FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!!!!"

The light-blue energy in Vegeta's hands accelerated immensely, shooting towards Sonic, as his eyes shut. The hedgehog thought of everyone that had meant anything to him in his life. He thought of his friends. His brother and sister. The mother he had never found. Everyone. It was then that somehow, the burning from the maelstrom of blue energy that had ensheathed him, forcing him through the ground, didn't feel as agonising as it should have.

------

Peter's eyes widened in shock as he stared at the spectacle before him. He blinked. He couldn't compute what had just happened. He left the café, pulling off his mask, in the wake of a dozen stunned Raposa.

Vegeta's energy flow continued for a seemingly endless time. There was no way Sonic could survive such a lethal and devastating attack. No way in hell. The lethal symmetry in the finishing attacks between Sonic and Vegeta sent a chill down Peter's spine. 

Eventually, Vegeta's power dimmed, much in the same way Sonic's own blast subsided. 

The end had passed. Finally. Vegeta glided to the ground gently, with a smile on his face. However, he seemed to be twitching. Rather violently. Without even paying a single second of notice to Spider-Man, he started running back to his house.

Peter looked from the saiyan, back to the steaming hole in the ground where Sonic once stood. He pressed his mask to his chest, and bowed his head.

Goodbye Sonic... You have saved a lot of people in your life. thought Peter. I will inform them when I can... but... godspeed, little buddy. I hardly knew you, but you were a hero.

A true hero.
Spoiler : Part 6 ~ Hidden Pain :
Marth was actually somewhat surprised and intruiged when the stranger actually spoke to him... perhaps it was because he was the first person he had come across today who had the ability to try and and raise a conversation. His questions certainly made it seem like the officer didn't know who Marth was... Proof that he definitely wasn't anywhere near home then. Perhaps an alternate world? That would explain a lot. To an extent of course.

Marth decided to answer the stranger who was apparently named Norman Jayden, even if he wasn't sure of the answer himself.

"My name is Marth Lowell, prince of Altea... though this place seems far from home. I am not sure why we are here... apparently you are in the same situation as I am. I was warped here, and am not sure what this place is... though it is called Crossing Station. I do not know how you arrived here however... you seem... different from most of the people I am familiar with. This entire area seems, in general, very different however." Marth replied. So apparently he wasn't the only one brought here...? That might help him find out more.

So... this..."Prince" isn't from around here either. But the accent... It's like English, Estuary... but then again... It isn't? Hmph. I don't know... Somehow that's reassuring... It shouldn't be though. Huh. thought Jayden, to himself. As of now, he had no idea how or why he was brought here. They both seemed to be from different Worlds - there wasn't really any other explanation. Hmph. Inter-Dimensional travel... It's like something out of Star Trek. And the last time I checked, there isn't a country called Altea anywhere on Earth. Then again, Geography was never my strongest subject...

This stranger obviously didn't know who Jayden was, despite his numerous interviews on national television and in the newspaper. It seemed like they were both in the same boat....

"...Well, since we are both in this kinda dire situation together, why don't we work together?" Jayden extended his hand to shake. They would probably have a better chance working together then alone.

Of course, similar thoughts were crossing through the mind of the prince of Altea. But Marth still wasn't sure what kind of person Jayden was, but he seemed trustworthy enough, and at this point an ally was welcome. Having the slight problem of a shield in one hand, he instead extended his right hand and shook the hand of Norman Jayden. After that he let go, and decided that it was best if he said something. It would probably be better if they both tried to find out more about what was going on. That was when Marth remembered that he had forgotten an important bit of news... he wasn't sure how to say it without alarming Norman, but he tried anyway.

"I believe it is best if I tell you something important... please try not to be alarmed. There was a news announcement... it said that there would be a meteor impact in just under an hour. The announcement recommended that we go to an underground shelter, though I am not sure where that is, but it was implied to be near. There will surely be others there that we can ask for information about this place. For now, we should try to find the shelter." Marth said, sounding surprisingly calm. Perhaps it was because he had gone through a lot, but he found it easy to remain calm, despite their seemingly impending destruction. Marth wasn't sure why, but something about Jayden told him that he had also been through a lot... perhaps they had been summoned here for their abilities? It was a possibility.

As for Norman, he almost jumped out of his skin when he heard the word 'meteor'.
A meteor?! And there just happens to be an underground shelter? Well that's just... I don't even... coincidental? To the max. Could be a trap. I'm not sure. Anything's better than pummelled to damnation though, so...

Naturally, they didn't have much choice. That underground shelter had to be there only hope. No matter what the true intention of this was, at least Norman and Marth would have some information...If they didn't get killed. Although Marth looked like a capable fighter, and Jayden wasn't too bad ether. He, of course, had the added bonus of having a gun.

"Well....let's get to that shelter We might find something on the way." he stated.

Wherever they were, Marth suspected that someone had organized everything... perhaps for a competition of some kind? At this point, Marth had little to go on and could only guess with the limited amount of information that he had. He also thought about asking questions about the method of transportation, but he found that it was actually rather easy to figure out. The parchment with the higher numbers were worth more... That was when Marth heard a strange sound coming from seemingly the thin air... it was a voice and very loud.

"HELLO EVERYONE. DR. E-er, MAYOR AGAIN. GET TO THE SHELTER OR DIE. FOLLOW THE NICE SIGNS. HAVE A GOOD DAY." A rather loud and hammy voice said... Marth had the urge to cover his ears, but thankfully the voice was soon silent. Marth was sure that they weren't there before, but now bright neon signs had popped up from seemingly nowhere and pointed towards a general direction... after following the signs, Marth and Jayden found the shelter, which apparently led underground. Everything was rather strange, and it could have been a trap... but Marth knew that there was only one way to find out, and it was best not to risk a meteor shower. If absolutely needed, he could fight. And so, rather perplexed, the blue warrior headed to the underground shelter, followed by Jayden.

----

If anyone had looked at the centre of Alia Avenue, they would be forgiven for assuming that it had been the site of a war battle. The scene of the battle between Vegeta and Sonic was now a mass of wreckage and rubble. Destruction lay everywhere, rubble littered the streets and raposa lay in the roads, dying from their burns caused by the saiyan's devastating attack, and what transpired before it. A single man in red and blue tried help as many as he could, but it was no use. It was of little ominous notice now, but the sky had begun to turn into a burning red, as a moon-like object was slowly burning into view.

Shadow the Hedgehog found himself wandering into the area, his eyes narrowed in thought. My God... the destruction. It... it reminds me of Westopolis during the invasion of the... well... the less said about that day, the better.

He noticed the man in red tending to the raposa. He contemplated approaching him, to see if he had any infomation on the situation. He almost did that, before he was suddenly confronted with the tall, feminine, metallic figure of GLaDOS.

'Shadow the Hedgehog. Artificial life-form. Fictional character. Presence in the area impossible.'
But then again, she had already been alerted to the presence of four other fictional characters. Maybe this was some sort of pocket dimension, bridging reality and fiction. Like an inter-dimensional rip in the space-time continuum.
This caused another thought. What if she was a fictional character? Most likely not, but it was always a possiblity.

Shadow simply snarled at her. Instead of being surprised, he was just irritated by her "appearance".
"Identify yourself or get out of my way." he simply stated, his deep voice laced with contempt.

"Shadow. I am GLaDOS. The Genetic Life-form and Disk Operating System. And yes. I know everything about you. From your time in the Space Colony ARK, to your revival and subsequent escapades with one Sonic the Hedgehog."

"Tch..! How did you...?"
Shadow was astounded by the fact that this "person" had already known who he was, his entire history, and his associate's name to boot. He folded his arms with a careful gleam in his eyes.

"Hmm... It seems we're not the only ones here, and apparently you already know who I am. That must mean..."
His right arm rose slowly and soon at an instant, pointed straight at GLaDOS.
"You're in the same position as I am. Brought here against your will."

"Incorrect. While I was brought here against my will, I have a higher intellectual understanding of the situation than you. I am at a higher position. Intellectually. Than you." she remarked, condensendingly. Shadow, of course, had the sudden urge to tear this droid limb from limb.
"Before you do anything hasty, know this. I detect a life form under the ground. Through that hole. It would be wise to investigate."
"Why bother? There is one other there, why should we bother with this one? Explain."

GLaDOS let out an metallic sigh. The meatbags always had to make things so difficult. This one in particular seemed to be showing levels of competence on par with Wheatly. It was almost frustrating. It seemed that she had no choice but to fill him in, if only to make him comply.

-------

Wha... What...

The cold.. the dark...

Death... Life...

What is this... Why is this happening...

Vegeta stumbled in through the door of his home. He felt himself burning. Something was happening to him and he didn't know what. He collapsed to the floor of his home. He grabbed a tight clutch of his head, as the conflict raged within his head. He noticed several small wounds appearing on his arms and chest... they looked like... burns. Severe burns. But he wasn't accustomed to the agony of such... human-styled feelings and pains. To say that it was a shock would be the understatement of the year. It seemed the hedgehog's attack did more damage than he originally thought. Or whatever it was. His body wasn't recovering like it usually did.

Vegeta lurched back, forcing his already strained and anguishing body to stand back up. The Hedgehog... He had a power source... A very powerful power source as well... I need that power. I can use it... I will destroy this planet and get the hell out of HEEYAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

He collapsed to the floor once more, screaming in agony, but quickly forced himself up, wincing as more, deeper wounds appeared. These... are merely flesh wounds... I will not succumb! I will take that hedgehog's power... for my own...

And with that, he snatched a grey shirt and a dark brown leather jacket from the wardrobe by the door, mainly to disguise his wounds. Something had happened to his body. And he didn't know what.

But we was going to fix it, no matter what the cost. If people had to die... then he would finish them himself.

--------

"30 minutes until impact with the world." stated Robotnik, almost non-chalantly. "Vegeta's... I think the damage you've done to Vegeta goes beyond mere mental instability. His physical body is degrading from what I can see. The battle with Sonic has... Damaged him somewhat."

Dubsy put his hand to his chin. "Intruiging. Looks like things are getting just that bit more crucial, doesn't it."
"Fool! This is not a joke! You... he may now be able to interfere with our plans."
"I'm prepared for that eventuality."
"Not Vegeta... the other he."

Dubsy's expression changed from a simple arrogant smirk, to that of someone who had forgotten about something extremely deadly, and had just remembered, only then it was too late.

Because it was.

"Ok, then. Let's skip ahead a couple of paragraphs in this humble story. Let's see how this particular portion of the heroes react together. We'll use the Emergency Temporal Shift." stated Dubsy, walking over to the console, and flicking a switch. "As in the case of that certain person... time can be rewritten."

He bashed a switch, with a swagger as he proceeded to straighten his tie. "And be rewritten, it shall."

Robotnik glared at Dubsy. The consequences of what he was about to do were potentially disasterous. He was already convinced the suited man was insane, but actually messing with space-time even further... while there was that asteroid coming...

"Erm, do you mind shifting that asteroid while you're there?" asked the doctor, humbly. Dubsy simply replied with a twisted smirk. A smirk that sent a chill down even the sinister Dr. Eggman's spine.
"Now, now... I'm not going to make it that easy for them."

And he flipped the final lever, dramatically.

------

"HAAAAA!!!"

The light-blue energy in Vegeta's hands accelerated immensely, shooting towards Sonic, as his eyes shut. The hedgehog thought of everyone that had meant anything to him in his life. He thought of his friends. His brother and sister. The mother he had never found. Everyone. It was then that somehow, the burning from the maelstrom of blue energy that had ensheathed him, forcing him through the ground, didn't feel as agonising as it should have.

And sure enough, Sonic found himself ensheathed in yet another glow. And then, as quick as a flash, he was on the ground. The silver glow had evaporated. But he still noticed a few burns caused by Vegeta's attack. But he was safe. Somehow. And there was no sign of Vegeta's attack. No sound. No sign. Only a hole in the ground.

Sonic quickly smiled and was about to stand up - when he realized that he couldn't. No pain. No reason. Except the dreadful realization that dawned upon him.

My legs... Oh God, no... I can't feel my legs...

Vegeta's attack seemed to have done more damage to him than he initally realized, even in the short time he was exposed to it.

His legs were paralyzed.

Sonic maneuvered himself into a position to take a look at them. They were burnt, badly. The fur had been charred black on them, and the muscle underneath had been exposed and immolated.

It took seconds before Sonic was already feeling the curse of unconciousness upon him...

------

Peter wiped the sweat from his forehead. It had been a while since he had been involved in such a huge rescue effort. The emergency services had arrived, thankfully and were aiding the injured Raposa. Unlike the typical New York officers, they were appriciative of Spider-Man's assistance from the get-go.

It seemed like his job there was done. He put his mask back on, and cast a web at a nearby building, ready to swing away. That was, until he was enveloped in a silver, static-glow. It felt like only a second, as Peter landed, face flat and web-less, onto the hard, metallic ground. Right next to Sonic the Hedgehog.

Talk about a rough and tumble landing... he thought to himself, getting back to his feet. He noticed the hedgehog's twitching body.
"S-Sonic..." Peter stuttered, out of surprise and unsureness. He almost gasped at the state of the battered hedgehog.

The eyes of Spider-Man's mask and Sonic the Hedgehog met, if only for a brief moment. And in that brief moment, Sonic simply whispered... "Help me..."

And the hedgehog fell limp. His breathing shallow. Peter rushed to his side, unsure of what to do. But at the same time he couldn't just do nothing...

------

Shadow's expression became a contortion of rage as GLaDOs finished filling him in on the story. "I'll make this 'Vegeta' pay dearly for this. It is people like him... heartless... merciless... evil people like him that resulted in the death of Maria. This man channels everything I detest about humans... and I will destroy it."

"Incorrect. Your chance of killing Vegeta even in your super form is only 16.719472%. And I assure you that will only get lower." snarked GLaDOS, as Shadow had his 'emo' moment, as she recalled him to be capable of.

He stared at the hole. "Life sign detected huh? Well... let's see."
"WAIT." screeched GLaDOS, as he was about to jump. "Emergency Temporal Shift. Fictional Sci-Fi Element. Detected usage in area. Total of two times. First usage 11 minutes and 21.57 seconds ago. Second usage 3 seconds ago. Residual energy detected."

Then she pushed him. Much to Shadow's surprise. The only other thing she heard coming from him was "Damn! Not hereeeee..."

Then, naturally, she was also absorbed by the silver glow.

--------

Spider-Man stared with disbelief as a silver, tall, metallic robot with red eyes appeared out of seemingly nowhere. Or technically, got there the same way he did.

"So, are we having a party and... we're forcibly invited? Or is there a party upstairs and we're forcibly rejected?" cracked Peter. Jokes always had been his way of dealing with a nearly incomprehendable situation.

GLaDOS scanned him up and down. "Peter Parker. AKA Spider-Man. Fictional Character. Variation as portrayed by Tobey Maguire."
"Um... Tobey who now? Anyway, it's not important. I have this friend here, he requires assistance."

It was just then that Shadow touched the ground, flipping out of a spinball. He instantly ran over to Sonic's side, his face baring a mixture of concern and disgust at what had happened - what Sonic had been reduced to. "Sonic... Sonic!"

"His legs have been paralyzed due to extreme Ki energy exposure. I suppose he didn't run fast enough. Ironically." stated GLaDOS, almost snarkily. If she had a mouth, she'd have smirked. But she didn't. So she merely looked on.

"Well, there must be something we can do." grimaced Spider-Man. However, as he gazed up, he noticed what was behind them. A huge, metallic door. Presumably for the shelter. "And I think getting in there would be a good idea."

GLaDOS nodded. She calmly strode over to the door, gripping the handlebars in both of her hands. Using a mere fraction of her strength, she slid the door open wide. "You may enter now. Preferably before-"

"Before I show up?"

Peter gulped as he heard the familar, deep voice. His Spider-Sense never lied to him. And sure enough...

The prince of saiyans, Vegeta was standing behind them. An angry, twisted, psychopathic grin was spread across his face, as he prepared to tear what was left of Sonic limb from damaged limb.

"Stay back." uttered Peter, as he stood up. He took a defensive stance, guarding his new friend.

"You... You're the creature! I will tear you apart with my bare hands!!" raged Shadow, almost ripping apart his own gloves.

"Ha... seriously? You think you can stop me?! You're even more foolish than I thought!" laughed Vegeta, the anger almost pouring like lava from his eyes.

"Shadow, take Sonic. I'll hold spiky-boy back long enough for you to get clear!" shouted Peter, as he raised his hands.
"No... I demand reve-"
"JUST GO!!"

Grudgingly, Shadow oblidged. He picked up Sonic's body and immediately followed GLaDOS as she ran in.

"Well then, big guy. Let's see what you're made of." uttered the intrepid Spider.
"Don't even bother... You're already dead." smirked Vegeta. He needed those Chaos Emeralds. And he was going to get them. No matter what the cost.

Even if he had to squish the little spider.
Spoiler : Part 7 ~ The Prince and the Parker ~ Round 1 :
As it just so happens, Deadpool was wandering the area of total destruction. The repair operations were still underway. It was almost... funny.

"Jeez, Louise, what have I missed? Did Rainbow Dash lose a race or somethin'?" he snarked, half-giggling to himself. Maybe he had missed out on something big. Or it was like that when he got there.

Or maybe... A giant earthquake hit! Yeah, that's it! A massive pony-driven earthquake!
...Seriously?
Wut?

He eventually reached the hole in the ground, gazing over. He saw a man in dark clothing, closing in on something that the assassin couldn't see. Or someone.

"Oooooh, fresh blood. I'mma goin' in for the kill!" he shouted, before diving into the pit.

-------

"Prepare for death, insect!" shouted Vegeta, enraged as his pupils burned with fury.
"You're just a walking cliché, you know that?" uttered Peter under his breath as he readied himself.
"I heard that!"
"Big whoop."
"ENOUGH!"

Vegeta growled angrily at the web-slinger, a rage of hatred burning in his eyes. "Prepare to meet your maker...! BIG BANG ATTACK!!"

"Ah." muttered Peter. He quickly leapt back onto a nearby wall, gripping it with all he could. The shelter had been locked by GLaDOS so that was out of the question. This was going to hurt, if not kill him. And it was inescapable. Oh God, please send a miracle, please, please, PLEASE.

Vegeta's mouth contorted into a sick, malformed grin as the attack charged. It was only a few more seconds before the Arachnid met his fate. Or so he thought. For as if on some miraculous coincidence, or disaster, Deadpool crashed onto Vegeta's unsuspecting form, letting out a yelp of "DAMN THE PIECE OF @&#£ TELEPORTER!!"

The gathered energy quickly dissipated in a shockwave, throwing both Vegeta and the already battered Deadpool to the opposite sides of the shelter's entrance.

Peter looked upon those rough few seconds with fascination and surprise. He got the miracle he was hoping for, just not in the way he would have expected. Still, he took the opportunity to web Vegeta's flailing limbs to the floor, with a large dosage of webbing, before running over to the grounded assassin.

"Say, um, thanks for that." spoke Spidey, loud enough for him to hear.
"Yeah... don't mention it." came the strained reply. Deadpool tried to stand, but quickly realised that his skeleton was no longer arranged in any logical fashion. He grunted. "Yo Spidey, Imma take a time out for a couple of pages or so... too much pain, y'see."

Peter nodded, understanding for once. The healing factor was a marvellous thing. But he did wonder if it was really worth it, and how Logan managed to put up with it.

His train of thought was quickly disrupted when he heard the sound of ripping web, and a shout of anger behind him. "Where are you, chump?! Time to finish this!"

"Ah, better go deal with mister over there." pouted Spidey, almost hesitantly.
"Ahh, don't blame you, Spidey. Go break a leg. Not yours I mean... though I could use one of your legs right now if ya know what I mean."
"Sure."

Spider-Man quickly turned around- and was confronted by the hulking form of Vegeta, who promptly grabbed him by the head and threw him away towards the shelter door. Peter hit it with a thud and a cringe, before immediately getting back up. No time to lose after all. "Maybe I oughta rethink my strategy..."

"Bye bye, punk!" grinned Vegeta, as he menacingly strode towards him, the sinister grin returning to his face.
"Bring it, campy." replied Peter. And with that, he leapt into the air and let loose a barrage of impact webs from his wrists, all headed towards the Prince of Saiyans. It would delay him at least for long enough for the others to get to safety.

He hoped.

----

Shadow and GLaDOS walked along the long, gunmetal grey corridor, the unconscious Sonic in Shadow's arms. It pained Shadow to see his former adversary, current rival, and almost friend, in such a dire state. So beaten... so crippled.

He had never seen Sonic so... helpless with his own eyes. It reminded him of Maria... her lifeless form after she was mercilessly gunned down.

"Almost there. And about time too. I was starting to get bored again." stated GLaDOS as they neared the next large steel door. There was a keypad next to it as well as a rather conveniently placed note that allowed them to enter the correct passcode. Which GLaDOS did with no hesitation.

However the door didn't open. In fact that was just the starting point as several advanced mathematical equations began popping up on the interface. GLaDOS sighed to herself. "Oh... how I hate Trigonometry." she stated as she immediately got to work.

However, Sonic was beginning to awaken, much to Shadow's surprise as he set him down. "Sonic?"
Sonic opened his eyes, slowly, carefully. The emerald green eyes of his were bloodshot and veined. Fitting with his general appearance in honesty. "Sh...Shadow...? Well... surprised to see you..."
"I'm glad you're actually alive. Anyway, since you are awake, we should do something about your legs."
"I can't feel them..."
"I'm not surprised."

Sonic tried to sit up only to remember a dangerous thought. He patted himself all over, looking inside his gloves and his shoes. "Oh. Oh no."
"What?" asked Shadow, quizzically.

"The Chaos Emeralds... I had them, but they're... they're gone."

Shadow was taken aback for a second. If this was true... then he must have overlooked them when he was on the way to the shelter. But that would mean...

"Door's unlocked!" came the rhythmic cry of GLaDOS, as the large door to the shelter spread open. Shadow nodded at her gracefully.

"We'll talk about them later. Firstly, we've got to sort out your legs." he told the ailing blue hedgehog.

-----

Spider-Man grunted as Vegeta threw him against a wall, although he just as quickly regained his momentum. It felt like he was being kicked to scrap - he had underestimated the strength of the Prince. But still...

"Is that all you got? My Aunt could do better! You're worse at fighting than an almost-octogenarian!" he called.
"Real smart, Parker." murmured Deadpool. "That one's gonna be put in the books of greatness for years. NOT."

Peter didn't have time to respond as he sensed a Ki blast, and immediately leapt out of its way, as it surged into the wall, knocking pieces of the wall away. Spidey quickly fired a web at a particularly large rock and swung it around towards Vegeta, who recoiled from the shunt. "Pathetic!" exclaimed the Saiyan Prince, as he brushed the rubble off his shirt and jacket. He responded further by firing a barrage of Ki towards the arachnid hero, who dived out of the way immediately, responding EVEN further with a plethora of impact webs.

I really can't keep doing this! I need to get him down and fast! thought Spidey to himself. As such, he leapt into the air and latched two webs onto Vegeta's chest. They connected, and before the Prince even knew what was happening, Spidey had slammed into his chest, knocking him onto the floor, before kicking him back onto the floor, in a superhuman show of speed and strength.
Spider-Man then used Vegeta as a trampoline, and leapt back onto the wall.

"Thought you'd be putting up more of a fight, señor. Seems I was incredibly wrong. Let's try again, yeah?" mocked Peter, as Vegeta quickly got up from the floor, cringing.
"Think that'll... stop me... Freak?"
"Oh, the amount of times I've heard that? Got to be bordering ooh... 27, maybe 28 times? I forget."
"DIEEEE!!!"

Vegeta flew at Spider-Man, who was initially taken aback as the fist came flying towards him. He immediately dodged to the left, but to no avail - Vegeta took him through the rocky wall with a left hook.
Peter landed on the ground, rolling for a bit before regaining his balance, only to find himself being picked up, punched in the jaw, then thrown back down by the man he was mocking not so long ago. HARD.

"MFFT... not bad." exclaimed Peter. He could taste the tiny patters of blood in his mouth.

He stood up once more, firing a web at Vegeta's eyes. After a gasp, the Prince started pulling at the webs, but it was too late to stop Peter from delivering a roundhouse kick to his face, and a secondary kick attack to... well, where the sun don't shine.
Vegeta grimaced, but in a rage, he ripped the webbing off whole. Immediately, he fired a Ki blast at Spider-Man, who quickly leapt out of the way of each- at least until Vegeta fired two at once. Correctly pre-empting Peter's next dodge, the Ki from Vegeta's left hand connected with Peter's shoulder, producing sparks and a shockwave as it connected.

Peter cringed as his shoulder felt like it had just been impaled with a syringe of electricity. He quickly regained his balance - but not in time to stop himself from being grabbed and thrown by a dashing Vegeta into the other room.

"Ugh... tough guy, eh?" smirked Peter painfully as he stumbled back upright. "Sublety is not your strong point is it..."

He stumbled to his feet as the hulking form of Vegeta strode confidently towards him...

To be continued...
Hope you enjoyed it! :)
Last edited by ShadowEdgeworth on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Epic Rap Battles of AAO History: Meph VS Unas l Phoenix Wright VS Glase Canon l SuperGanondorf VS GotMLK7 l Mimi Mika VS Zeel1

Winner of the Golden Star Award 2010!
Creator of Commander Mika Cadenza and Admiral Kathryn Jayneway in Endless Time!
Currently RPing as The Doctor, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Spider-Man in Dimensional Chaos!
Currently RPing as Spider-Man and Black Cat in Crossover Central!
Creator of Alexis Calika in Vermillion Sunset and Alex Tazian in Final Warfare!
ShadowEdgeworth

Re: Crossed Paths ~ The Crossover Central Novelisation (Part

The first (technically second but oh well) part has now been added. Enjoy! :)

Epic Rap Battles of AAO History: Meph VS Unas l Phoenix Wright VS Glase Canon l SuperGanondorf VS GotMLK7 l Mimi Mika VS Zeel1

Currently RPing as The Doctor, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Spider-Man in Dimensional Chaos!
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Pretty interesting so far, and huzzah for leaning on the fourth wall. I'll definitely be reading these.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Ahh. Fantastique! I commend you on your beautiful rendition of my Roleplay. I do have one question, though.
Spoiler : :
Is this Dubsy Dark Dubsy or normal Dubsy?
ShadowEdgeworth

enigma wrote:Ahh. Fantastique! I commend you on your beautiful rendition of my Roleplay. I do have one question, though.
Is this Dubsy Dark Dubsy or normal Dubsy?
Glad you're enjoying it! And that is Normal Dubsy. :)
Part 2 (Spider-Man and Deadpool's introductions) is now up! :D

Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

NAHMAN NEXT! NAHMAN NEXT!!!! *gunshot*.

Sorry, that was my inner fanboy speaking. He never stays quiet.

I love this so far! Keep it UP!
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
Remilia Scarlet

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

Nitpick time!

1. Spider-Man 3 happens very shortly after Spider-Man 2, so that opening scene in New York should take place in 2005 or 2006 at the latest.
Spoiler : Spider-Man 3 :
Peter still has the ring May gave him, so why would he be looking for another?
3. "You're standards are droping Rhiny." should be "Your standards are dropping Rhiny."

Liking it so far, the pacing is a lot less rushed than in Crossover Central and the tone is darker, as they should be. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Drey Wilkins
Spoken languages: English + Scraps of Russian

Post by Drey Wilkins »

I think everything is great! I am also happy that GLaDOS got to go first. Apart from spelling and gramatical errors, I have a couple of questions/notes:
one poor bastard even tripping over a mislaid potato, resulting in him beginning a long trip down an elevator shaft.
Heh-heh. you couldn't resist, could you?
It was a masked man in an black suit, black shirt, with a white tie and a top hat, holding a briefcase.
Darn. My G-man reference has become Dusby.
She smirked with her new mouth, and let out a whimsical hum.
OMG. GLaDOS has a mouth?!

Avatar and signature made by the wonderful Holhol.
ShadowEdgeworth

Master Of Chaos wrote:NAHMAN NEXT! NAHMAN NEXT!!!! *gunshot*.

Ahaa, he will be in soon! ;) Thanks! :D
Remilia Scarlet wrote:Nitpick time!

1. Spider-Man 3 happens very shortly after Spider-Man 2, so that opening scene in New York should take place in 2005 or 2006 at the latest.
3. "You're standards are droping Rhiny." should be "Your standards are dropping Rhiny."

Liking it so far, the pacing is a lot less rushed than in Crossover Central and the tone is darker, as they should be. Looking forward to the next chapter!
1. Ahh... I wasn't aware of that. Though I do think 3 years would be a good amount of time for Peter to date MJ, then get engaged to her, and then propose in SM3.
2. Ah, that was a mistake on my part. I'll probably edit that at some point, thanks for pointing that out. ^_^'
3. BLOODY YOU'RE/YOUR! >_<
Thanks a lot! Glad you're enjoying it. The tone is, of course, deliberately darker. And will get slightly more so as it continues.
Drey Wilkins wrote:I think everything is great! I am also happy that GLaDOS got to go first. Apart from spelling and gramatical errors, I have a couple of questions/notes:
one poor bastard even tripping over a mislaid potato, resulting in him beginning a long trip down an elevator shaft.
Thanks! Glad you like it. I thought that GLaDOS would be best fitted to going first... a good scene settter. :D

1. 'Course not. :P

2. Having not played Portal, I didn't get the reference, so I just used it as a plot point... ^_^'

3. I made a few... modifications. :D

--------

Glad you're enjoying it! :D

Drey Wilkins

Post by Drey Wilkins »

ShadowEdgeworth wrote:
Master Of Chaos wrote:NAHMAN NEXT! NAHMAN NEXT!!!! *gunshot*.

Ahaa, he will be in soon! ;) Thanks! :D
Remilia Scarlet wrote:Nitpick time!

1. Ahh... I wasn't aware of that. Though I do think 3 years would be a good amount of time for Peter to date MJ, then get engaged to her, and then propose in SM3.
2. Ah, that was a mistake on my part. I'll probably edit that at some point, thanks for pointing that out. ^_^'
3. BLOODY YOU'RE/YOUR! >_<
Thanks a lot! Glad you're enjoying it. The tone is, of course, deliberately darker. And will get slightly more so as it continues.
Drey Wilkins wrote:I think everything is great! I am also happy that GLaDOS got to go first. Apart from spelling and gramatical errors, I have a couple of questions/notes:
Thanks! Glad you like it. I thought that GLaDOS would be best fitted to going first... a good scene settter. :D

1. 'Course not. :P

2. Having not played Portal, I didn't get the reference, so I just used it as a plot point... ^_^'

3. I made a few... modifications. :D

--------

Glad you're enjoying it! :D
Oh, well the thing is. I described it as being made by Apperture, and NOTHING EVER made by Apperture EVER. EVER. Has any form of mouth.
EVER.

EVER.

I imagine GLaDOS's new body as being a subtle variation on P-Body.
http://www.google.co.nz/imgres?q=P-Body ... TBQ&zoom=1

ShadowEdgeworth

Ah. Now that I didn't anticipate.

Well, I think it could be possible for the body being designed by Robotnik using modified Aperture technology, while adding his own flair. Think T-800 from the Terminator series, but with more of cybernetic and outer metallic style. I'll try and draw a picture at some point.

Drey Wilkins

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Well, I can't say I'm overly thrilled with the idea, but I don't suppose that I have a say anyway, so *shrug*

ShadowEdgeworth

Drey Wilkins wrote:Well, I can't say I'm overly thrilled with the idea, but I don't suppose that I have a say anyway, so *shrug*
As I said, it was a mistake that I am unable to retcon, so sorry about that... :S

Drey Wilkins

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Unable...?

ShadowEdgeworth

Drey Wilkins wrote:Unable...?
Well... it's more of a case of not over-complicating things for myself, (as a non-Portal player) whilst still keeping it somewhat fun.

AND HOLY MOLY I JUST HAD AN IDEA TO CHANGE HER APPEARANCE. STAY TUNED.