Ami's Art (04-16-14): Various Drawings!

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Nearavex
Spoken languages: English

Re: Ami's Art (03-02-14): Sailor Marvin the Martian

Post by Nearavex »

Oh, I meant the design as you said yourself, not the drawing. The drawing does look original. ;)
Av by ticcy
Ami

Re: Ami's Art (04-16-14): Various Drawings!

Post by Ami »

I've been practicing! Please give critiques, as I've noticeably improved my drawing technique, but every bit helps!

Esperanza and Brock. You might not know it here, but Brock's been redesigned from his Rock Hudson roots, and Esperanza has entirely replaced another character.

Spoiler : :
Twins Alex and Rena. Lost the Shiranui wig Rena had for a new one, and Alex has inherited Nadya's sweater.
Height differences- am I doing it right? Sachiko (pictured left) is 6'7", while Mona (pictured right) is 5'0".
Nadya's new design. And name. She used to be Katrina. Now she's Nadya. With a blouse and not a sweater. And shorter hair.
Ethel Feldman and her .44 revolver "Messy Bessie". Not sure if I want to keep the current dress, but part of me is attached to it, while the other part of me thinks the design is a bit dated, even for an elderly person.
Sachiko's new design. Shot for "what would The Doctor wear?", came out a bit more Rebecca Chambers- not that I'm complaining.
Lt. Ted Oi looking constipated.
Mona is now hopefully now unmistakably female, despite her wiry, athletic figure.
Look! An action shot! His name is Joel, bee tee dubs.
Design is still in progress for Keith here, but this is my first shot at drawing an ahoge.
A failed shot at drawing Brock Judd tilting his head back. Sorta looks like that greaser baby from a playground that bullies the main cast from Rugrats before they call Angelica to be a counter-bully.
FOR THE FIRST TIME: CONTACT BETWEEN CHARACTERS! And a bit more on hands. Nadya and Mona being cute~ This one especially I'd like critiques for, as I'm rather proud of the progress I've made, but I know I have some way to go.
since 2008!
mercurialSK

Re: Ami's Art (04-16-14): Various Drawings!

Post by mercurialSK »

Hi :) I'm not sure what to critique without seeming overly nitpicky, so I thought I'd alert you to this:
Ami wrote:Mona is now hopefully now unmistakably female, despite her wiry, athletic figure.
The biggest signifiers of gender would have to be the hip to waist ratio because females have a turned-out pelvis, so their torso would look shorter/their waists are higher. It doesn't need to be dramatic but the hips in this picture should be widened some more.

I do notice there's more form in your drawings now. My advice is to focus on arms, torsos and hips for now, and keep practising :)
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)