Phantom(MinaX1) Isle of Art *REQUESTS CLOSED*

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

PhantomMinaX1
Spoken languages: English, Medium Level Japanese

Phantom(MinaX1) Isle of Art *REQUESTS CLOSED*

Post by PhantomMinaX1 »

Might as well start presenting my art (even though I don't have much to show yet). They will vary from sprites to concept art of various projects I'm working on (not just AAO). You can also view all my art on my deviantArt (As seen here: http://phantomminax1.deviantart.com/). Hope you enjoy!

CURRENTLY TAKING ART REQUESTS! IF INTERESTED, SEND ME A PM WITH THE TITLE "REQUEST" AND THE THING YOU WANT ME TO DRAW. THANK YOU!~

SORRY NO MORE REQUESTS FOR NOW! COME BACK SOON WHEN AN OPENING COMES UP!

Squid Girl Ace Invader - Beach Side Blues (AAO Project)

Spoiler : Logo :
Spoiler : Squid Girl :
Normal: Coming soon!
Smug:Image(first sprite I've ever made in my life)
Nervous:Coming soon!
Angry:Coming soon!
Spoiler : Eiko Aizawa :
Coming soon!
Spoiler : Chizuru Aizawa :
Coming soon!
Spoiler : Backgrounds :
Coming soon!

Witch's Howl Character Concepts (Non AAO Project)
Spoiler : Note :
Some content relating to this project can only be seen on my deviantArt, once it's posted, due to gory content.
Spoiler : Character Concept Art :
BD-001 "Excalibur"
"Marionette"
Other Works
Spoiler : Akane Shinobu (OtherSiders Roleplay) :
Last edited by PhantomMinaX1 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:35 am, edited 13 times in total.
Phantom

Re: Phantom(MinaX1) Isle of Art

Post by Phantom »

Wow, that title logo is pretty excellent, even the original logo circle..thing w/e you call it :P

How did you achieve a clean look regarding the squid girl's black outlines? It's pretty sharp compared to most AA fan title logo's I've seen. There's a little bit of blur I notice on the right side of the outline but nothing too bad.

Are you taking requests of sorts by any chance?
-------
Regarding the sprite itself:
I know you said it was the first one you made, but I'm going to provide crits to you so you can improve it in the future :):

1.) The mouth/lips movement compared to the rest of the sprite is real blurry.

2.) There are some serious pixellation issues regarding the outline of the sprite. That'll need some revamp as it's really noticeable.

3.) The hair looked pretty fine to me, until I start looking down at the two front "string hairs" going down...one looks like some messed up spaghetti, the other looks like a mutated/deformed pipe of sorts (the right one especially :P)

4.) Your shading is top-notch, real pro, no real complaints here.

5.) On the front hair (covering the top part of the face), it's REALLY noticeably blurry compared to the rest of the sprite. You should get that fixed too. (My only complaint regarding that is probably a lack of a subtle shade here, but it's not necessary).

6.) The hat...looks really nice, but I don't know if it's a hat or some deflated chef's hat or something xP

7.) The overall shape of the sprite/appearance gives me the impression that this is indeed a young female of sorts. GJ on that.

Overall, keep up the good work, it's actually one of the best sprites I've ever seen for a first-time sprite :D
TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

Post by TKinhonipei »

I can't for Squid Girl to come out. ^^

It's so original! :XD:
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
Holhol
Spoken languages: English

Post by Holhol »

You know Squid Girl kind of reminds me of Konata. =D
~Danielinhoni is the bestest friend anybody could ask for~

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

TKinhonipei is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liquid Snake wrote:Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
PhantomMinaX1

Post by PhantomMinaX1 »

Phantom wrote:Wow, that title logo is pretty excellent, even the original logo circle..thing w/e you call it :P

How did you achieve a clean look regarding the squid girl's black outlines? It's pretty sharp compared to most AA fan title logo's I've seen. There's a little bit of blur I notice on the right side of the outline but nothing too bad.

Are you taking requests of sorts by any chance?
-------
Regarding the sprite itself:
I know you said it was the first one you made, but I'm going to provide crits to you so you can improve it in the future :):

1.) The mouth/lips movement compared to the rest of the sprite is real blurry.

2.) There are some serious pixellation issues regarding the outline of the sprite. That'll need some revamp as it's really noticeable.

3.) The hair looked pretty fine to me, until I start looking down at the two front "string hairs" going down...one looks like some messed up spaghetti, the other looks like a mutated/deformed pipe of sorts (the right one especially :P)

4.) Your shading is top-notch, real pro, no real complaints here.

5.) On the front hair (covering the top part of the face), it's REALLY noticeably blurry compared to the rest of the sprite. You should get that fixed too. (My only complaint regarding that is probably a lack of a subtle shade here, but it's not necessary).

6.) The hat...looks really nice, but I don't know if it's a hat or some deflated chef's hat or something xP

7.) The overall shape of the sprite/appearance gives me the impression that this is indeed a young female of sorts. GJ on that.

Overall, keep up the good work, it's actually one of the best sprites I've ever seen for a first-time sprite :D

Spoiler : Reply :
Just to answer some of the things in your post:

1). & 2). I read a guide somewhere that said phoenix wright sprites have a limited color scheme, so I did that in order to make it seem like a real Phoenix Wright sprite. Guess that didn't work.

3). Well her hair is actually tentacles :P

4). Thanks~

5). Probably the same thing with 1 & 2.

6). It's supposed to be like the top of a squid lol.

7). Thanks :)

I'll probably have to redo the entire sprite though (from the very beginning), because I can't seem to get the other sprites for her to look similar to this one (regarding line art and such). Thank you though, I love criticism, and I'll keep yours in mind to keep me motivated!
:takethat: Update - Excalibur Concept Art Added (Witch's Howl Section)
Last edited by PhantomMinaX1 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Wait those are actual tentacles...wtf?

But it looks like hair D=
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Wait... Tentacles instead of hair... Is she even human? :random:
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

Detective Luke Atmey wrote:Wait... Tentacles instead of hair... Is she even human? :random:
No. She's a squid-girl. She's from the anime series Invasion! Ika Musume. I hear it's good, but I never watched it myself.
PhantomMinaX1

Post by PhantomMinaX1 »

:takethat: Update to Witch's Howl character concepts. Added the character "Marionette".
Taking Character Art Requests

CRITICISM is also appreciated.
Last edited by PhantomMinaX1 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ami
Spoken languages: English

Re: Phantom(MinaX1) Isle of Art *TAKING REQUESTS*

Post by Ami »

Marionette looks really good. I see a lot of Legend of Zelda and Naruto influence in it, and even though the top is blurry, the expressionless eyes work well.

EDIT: Though if you are looking for a more inhuman personality to those Marionettes, you may want to pose them differently. If it's supposed to be intelligent, cold, orderly, it works. If it is to be chaotic, monstrous, demonic, I'd suggest finding poses that look powerful, but are impossible for the normal human to make. If you're going for animalistic, look at many bipedal animals, particularly ones that climb or stalk. I find that many tree-dwelling mammals are perfect for this (like lemurs, sloths, possums), but your predatory cats work just as well. For demonic poses, nothing beats Silent Hill creatures, particularly Valtiel. If looking elsewhere from Silent Hill, then look for any recent Japanese horror movie of any quality.
since 2008!
PhantomMinaX1

Post by PhantomMinaX1 »

Ami wrote:Marionette looks really good. I see a lot of Legend of Zelda and Naruto influence in it, and even though the top is blurry, the expressionless eyes work well.

EDIT: Though if you are looking for a more inhuman personality to those Marionettes, you may want to pose them differently. If it's supposed to be intelligent, cold, orderly, it works. If it is to be chaotic, monstrous, demonic, I'd suggest finding poses that look powerful, but are impossible for the normal human to make. If you're going for animalistic, look at many bipedal animals, particularly ones that climb or stalk. I find that many tree-dwelling mammals are perfect for this (like lemurs, sloths, possums), but your predatory cats work just as well. For demonic poses, nothing beats Silent Hill creatures, particularly Valtiel. If looking elsewhere from Silent Hill, then look for any recent Japanese horror movie of any quality.
Just letting people know, this thread isn't dead XD.

Also I did not notice your edit till today ami LOL. Thanks for the advice!
PhantomMinaX1

Post by PhantomMinaX1 »

:takethat: Added a picture of a character I made for Shadowsleuths RP called "OtherSiders". I am experimenting with a new black and white style. Critique is requested!~
Ghostly Banette
Spoken languages: English, Booish, D@K0TA!

Post by Ghostly Banette »

The drawing looks really cool.
She kinda reminds me of Juri Han a little.
Charlie's Team
ImageLvl 14ImageLvl 12ImageLvl 13

Francis, Clara and Carly
Banner made by Mono
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by Wolf Speaker »

Woah, looks cool! You can really feel her personality.

So you're taking requests? CC:
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
PhantomMinaX1

Post by PhantomMinaX1 »

Lady Wolfenstein wrote:Woah, looks cool! You can really feel her personality.

So you're taking requests? CC:

Yup :) I already have your request down~