Aer's Art

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Aer
Spoken languages: English

Aer's Art

Post by Aer »

Intro
I suppose I might as well have my own page for my art, finally. Initially I didn't want to post any of it because I was being a sefish-y McSelfish selfish-pants, but I guess I won't be making any cases anytime soon (because I'm a bad casewriter) so I might as well put all my drawings here for you to use and lend my services to you guys. :armstrong: (< also here's Armstrong's emote because he isn't used enough)

Requests
Terms

If you're going to ask me to make some art for you, there are some things you should know first.

I like it when you are specific about what you want. Saying something vague like, "make me a set of happy, normal, breakdown, etc. sprites of a male golfer dude" really isn't descriptive enough and it will take me longer to come up with an idea for the character. You can do that if you want to, but that will mean I can run wild with ideas and you really don't have a say in my completed work. Oh boo-hoo, his hair is green and you don't like that. Its going to be kinda hard for me to change thirty-something sprites to the specific hair shade you want.
If you can't come up with a picture or a specific description for the character... really, just look on deviantart, or come up with bits and pieces of the outfit/body/face/hair on google and link them to me. If you want poses that already sprited characters don't offer, go on like MS paint and draw me a skeleton. It can be as simple as a stick figure, or a slightly fleshed out body, but at least include the shoulders and hips as separate joints. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece, but at least include the basics.

That reminds me: I don't animate. Yeah, good luck with the animation work. If you need something animated, please ask another artist. I only sprite (and sometimes do other art), and you'd really want a more talented artist in that respect.

I loathe editing others' sprites, stealing things off of other sprites (via copy paste), or making poses of already existing characters. In other words, if you want me to make alternate pose sprites for, say, Ms.Byrds, I will really dislike doing that and chances are I won't accept. An older Pearly? No that still counts. Any already existing characters of the Ace Attorney series with existing sprites I will not like to do. This is because my style of art and the AA style of spriting are very different. I tend to use perhaps three or four shades in one thing, but official AA artists are crazy professional. I have issues with my obsession in making the art style exactly the same as the other sprites, so you'll just be putting me through more pain.
Back on topic, I really have absolutely no interest in this work and will only accept if I'm desperate.

I only scratch sprite. Sure, I'll trace over someone else's pose, but I absolutely abhor frankenspriting and the like. If you do ask for an older Pearly or something, it will likely be scratch sprited instead of edits of the face of channeled Mia via Pearly.

About what I draw: I do normal poses and the like, no problem. Defense/Prosecutor/Judge poses will take longer, generally because of the angle and such. As for breakdown poses, they won't be too fluid unless if you want an existing breakdown (which I can copy off of :P ) or show me a video (that I can pause and sketch). A description won't do as good and the breakdown will certainly NOT be fluid. If you want something as amazing as Klavier's air guitar, send me something that's not as vague as a description and I might be able to cook something up for ya.

I will do crossover sprites. That's mainly what I do in my spare time anyways. If its something wierd and super-human-y like Asura in super sayan glowy eye mode, that'll be a stretch. But Lelouche from Code Geas? Sure, he looks human, and a normal human at that. Cartoons/animals (e.g. Donald Duck/MLP:FIM ponies)? Erm... I'll probably make them more realistic-looking or turn them human, I'm sorry to say. Some things are hard to switch over to AA style. Such as Goku; he and most of the characters are of really big build and will have to be toned down to at LEAST Will Powers size.

Please remember that I have the right to refuse requests. Nothing against you personally, but probably something against your request. Chances are I'll be eager for some requests, and will probably even accept them if its something like older Pearly, but they will be put on the backburner. Dunno if I'm using the term right, but that means bottom of the request pile. It is of least interest and I'll likely do your request last. Even if someone requests something after you.

All of my creations I will expect to be allowed usage of. If you request a piece, I hope you respect my right to use it in any way, including any cases I might make. Actually, anything I make should be available for anyone to use, but if you're having sharing issues (I know, I do too) then it can be restricted to my use only. Just wanted to let you know before you request something and then realize that you're going to have to share it with everyone yet want to keep it for yourself only. Tis the only price you have to pay for my art, and I think its a pretty good deal.

Send requests via PM. As a sidenote, don't be shy to bug me once in a while about any requests you might have made and haven't heard from in a bit. Don't nag me, but a simple reminder or request to see an update on your work is certainly welcome. In fact, I urge you to do this because I often forget about requests that were made and such. Speaking of which, about the time I take, I work really fast, but the thing is I get bored easily with a project and might "forget" it for a LONG period of time simply because I don't want to think about it. If you have a short term request, such as one piece of potential box art, I can finish that in a day tops, but if you ask for a long term project, it'll really be long term simply because I'm sitting on it.
Last edited by Aer on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
I like to scratch sprite. Feel free to ask if you need anything :3
Not very experienced at backgrounds, action shots, nor evidence, but I'd love to try.
Aer

Re: Aer's Art

Post by Aer »

Art

Defense attorney Maya Fey Disgaea:Hour of Darkness

Laharl
Spoiler : :
... I'll go ask someone to animate them for me. Then you guys can use them ;w; once I stop being a selfishy McSelfish selfish-pants.
Etna
XXXXXXXXXXXXXNormal
Lamington
Same as above
Ghost Trick:Phantom Detective

Sissel
Normal. Line at top indicates cut-off
Bartender
Since its going to take me a while to make sprites, I thought I might as well put up their planned sprite sheets. Here's the awesometastic Bartender from Ghost Trick!
Pokemon

Hilbert
These sprites are free to use
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Hilbert from Pokemon Black, main boy character. Poses are from left to right, up to down:
Normal, happy, confused, sad, angry, and worried.
Last edited by Aer on Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
--
Not very experienced at backgrounds, action shots, nor evidence, but I'd love to try.
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

1: Probably should just merge those posts xP

2: Awesome sissel! Probably one of the best i've seen~

3: You don't need to hide unanimated sprites, in fact you'll have a bigger chance of getting it animated if you display it!

4: The description for requesting sure is clear and precise, good job!
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Nice spites, really nice...
Though yeah, you should probably merge the posts together, can you do that? IDK.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
Shino
Spoken languages: English, Squid

Post by Shino »

I am really looking forward to seeing the animated Disgaea sprites. I am a huge fan of that series. ^^
(It sounds like just making it through the night is a miracle in it's own right...)
ApolloGrimoire

Post by ApolloGrimoire »

If you ever need any help animtating sprites, Aer, don't hesitate to ask me. :)
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter
Greatest Weakness - Mis;use of; Semi;colons
AP-Master
Spoken languages: Spanish and English

Post by AP-Master »

Congratulations for winning the competition! :nod:
English Section - Visit my Sprite Castle!: http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =30&t=5716
Sección Española - Visita mi Castillo de Sprites! [Peticiones ABIERTAS]: http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =31&t=7792
¡Aprende a Spritear! - http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =31&t=7838
ApolloGrimoire

Post by ApolloGrimoire »

Again, congrats. :mrgreen:
Did my PM help you earlier about the animating sprites issue?

Aer

Post by Aer »

Thank you very much for the congratulations.

And yes, ApolloGrimoire, the PM you sent me was incredibly helpful, and thank you so much for it. It really clears up a lot of stuff. I'll be going back over it in more detail later.
--
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

So, since your OP says you do crossover sprites, would you mind doing a couple of front poses of Dahlia from Pokemon? I'll include a reference pic here.
Spoiler : Reference Pic :
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Aer

Post by Aer »

If you're concerned that I did not receive your PM, rest assured, I did, but all my requests are full and I'm not taking any more. However, I find this request rather interesting, so I'll accept AS LONG as you can be more specific about the poses you want. I understand you want the standard poses as stated in your PM, but I was hoping you could include more details.
--
DLA

Post by DLA »

Okay, I'll PM you specifics soon.
DLA

Post by DLA »

Legal double post. I no longer need this request. Thanks, though.
Aer

Post by Aer »

AHA! I did it! I finally animated something! Thanks to Hikari Yamija and Koda both for their tutorials that walked me though the process of animating and saving.

Tell me what you think of Etna from Disgaea (Especially animating-wise since I want to get the framing right)
Critique on both animation and the sprite itself is welcome!

As a side note, I suppose I'd better start working on my Disgaea case series, so if anyone wants to collaborate regarding the storyline etc is very welcome to tell me (because I have never made a case before and want this series to be good if its about Disgaea.)
--
ApolloGrimoire

Post by ApolloGrimoire »

That's how you do it. :wink: