Aer's Art

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Aer
Spoken languages: English

Re: Aer's Art

Post by Aer »

Honestly, I've been thinking of trying that, since I think that's how they've originally been done with the actual game. But I haven't tried it yet. I've been meaning to getting around to it though.

So, if you send me a piece of art with the correct AA proportions (I've been struggling with it myself), in theory I should be able to shrink it down and convert it into a normal game sprite owo"
--
I like to scratch sprite. Feel free to ask if you need anything :3
Not very experienced at backgrounds, action shots, nor evidence, but I'd love to try.
Aer

Post by Aer »

Not really much has been going on in my art thread. I thought that it would be best if I were to only update when I had completed an entire set for one character. Unfortunately, I have a bit of a short attention span, so I would create one sprite for a character and lose interest and move on. So, I guess I'll just pepper you guys with a bunch of singular sprites, see if you can guess a few (they're pretty obvious). (I really didn't want to double post, but I've been waiting a while and... well, it can't be avoided ;w; sorry)

For this one I actually need a bit of help. See, this is supposed to be an older version of Franzy (or it can be her sister or a completely unrelated prosecutor if anyone needs generic Karma-esque prosecutors), but I don't know which one to choose. The middle sprite, I moved the cravat down a few pixels to show some neck (and gave her a nose job), and the right-most one's face is a little thinner.

Image Image

Image Image
Wooow. I wonder who these last two are. Who knows. It's a mystery o_o
Anyway, these last two sprites are actually super old, so I might be tempted to redo them later.
I'll put up more sprites if I'm feeling particularly productive, but I don't want to animate any more right now >A<" So lazy! Whatever, bye! :3
EDIT: If no one comments, I'll just edit this post when putting on another sprite or two.
--
Not very experienced at backgrounds, action shots, nor evidence, but I'd love to try.
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Oh my god, it's Franziska's MOTHER!
Also, sexy lumberjack?
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.
Those are REALLY good.

I'd say the last Franny looks the best, imo. Her face looks better a little slimmer. Though I should point out that the orange cravat jewel thing is unshaded on the last two pics (ONLY complaint btw).

And are those MLP characters? They're really impressive, too. Something about how well the plaid came out just astounds me.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Post by Kroki »

The right one is better, maybe you should move the hair on the left to reduce the space between it and the chin.
ImageImage Image Image Image
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

Have I ever told you you're amazing?
ApolloGrimoire

Post by ApolloGrimoire »

I think the third Von Karma sprite looks the most natural.
Spoiler : For FenrirDarkWolf :
It's meant to be AJ Franziska
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter
Greatest Weakness - Mis;use of; Semi;colons
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

@AG: Oh, I know, I'm just saying my first reaction of the rather amazing sprite.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

I would use it for her sister ^^
Aer

Post by Aer »

gotMLK7 wrote: I'd say the last Franny looks the best, imo. Her face looks better a little slimmer. Though I should point out that the orange cravat jewel thing is unshaded on the last two pics (ONLY complaint btw).
Yep, and the first one doesn't have a proper ear. I'll edit some more and get all the details right ^^
gotMLK7 wrote:And are those MLP characters? They're really impressive, too. Something about how well the plaid came out just astounds me.
Yep, that's Big Macintosh and Fluttershy. Kinda obvious, but hey. I also did sheets and sheets of ALL the characters and I think I'm at the end of the list. I might have left off a few after Apple Strusel? The grandpa guy? Yeah, something like that. I have piles of these things on my computer, they're just so outdated or I'm just lazy to animate them.

Glad for the positive feed back; thank you, guys! I'll work on that right most franzy sprite, and if I'm feeling not too lazy I'll even fix up those MLP sprites. The plaid on Mac's shirt just looks sloppy, but I don't know how to fix it (suggestions?) The lineart and shading around the head areas of both make me cringe, so I'll definitely fix that.

Oh yeah, I'm going on a trip for the rest of the week, so I'll chat with you guys later. Byee!
--
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

Actually, "Fluttershy" looks like Yuuichi Nakamura from Uta no Prince-sama anime...
Spoiler : :
And that character is crossdressing male...
Last edited by Sligneris on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

That Franziska is jaw-droppingly good. Are there gonna be more poses?
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Her outfit is boss but her face still comes off as a mannish shape.
ApolloGrimoire

Post by ApolloGrimoire »

It's based off the concept art for her, I think.
*whistles innocently*
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter
Greatest Weakness - Mis;use of; Semi;colons
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Oh if her face was mannish in the concept art then good work recreating it.

...But it still looks mannish.