Proposition: Fanfic Competitions

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Trybien
Spoken languages: English

Re: Proposition: Fanfic Competitions

Post by Trybien »

Lady Wolfenstein wrote:Well, how about each competition has a theme, like the case comps, and the writers can choose between an original piece or a fanfic, as along as they pertain to the theme? And there can be different categories once in a while. It could be only one-shots at some point, or even poetry once in a while. Try out different styles of literature. There could be genres, too. Anyway, I guess my point is that everybody has their own unique writing style and sense of humour, so it wouldn't be fair to restrict them to a particular kind of writing every time.
Oh, that makes sense. So instead of a fanfic comp, it would be literature comp and the theme would be given via
prompt.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Tap

Post by Tap »

It's an interesting idea, one that has been tossed around before. I'm willing to give it a go, provided all of the details are sorted out. I think Wolf has pretty much hit the nail as for how the competition theme/prompt would enable the competition to run... Otherwise, we could completely take for ourselves the format and method of the C-R OC [Fanfic] Competition. Of course, this hinges on whether or not there is a level of interest. I would recommend putting a poll, so it'll be easier gauge interest.
ImageImage
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Tap wrote:It's an interesting idea, one that has been tossed around before. I'm willing to give it a go, provided all of the details are sorted out. I think Wolf has pretty much hit the nail as for how the competition theme/prompt would enable the competition to run... Otherwise, we could completely take for ourselves the format and method of the C-R OC [Fanfic] Competition. Of course, this hinges on whether or not there is a level of interest. I would recommend putting a poll, so it'll be easier gauge interest.
I do believe Wolfy's idea is pretty rad, and I think it can stay. Now we need to decide what rules to implement other than the obvious. I couldn't find the C-R OC [Fanfic] Comp Rules, but we are not Court-records anyway and should be able to come up with our own set allowing a free idea system without many restrictions on story or style. So, what rules do you guys think should be implemented.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Well, i created the first comp to see how it goes, so I'm going to lock this for now.