Dataman's Artie Threadie

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

FenrirDarkWolf
Spoken languages: English

Re: Dataman's Artie Threadie - Merrily taking requests!

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Perhaps your best sprite to date.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
~Dataman~
Spoken languages: English and finnish.

Post by ~Dataman~ »

Hey man, watch out! Sometime I'll make something REALLY appealing! :XD:

And edit: Why wouldn't you date Garcie?
My DeviantArt My Youtube Channel
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Hey data currently not home wit limited access but can I reserve a request slot (I need a canon char edit pose+anim)?

Will reply back when can get Internet access
~Dataman~

So...

Post by ~Dataman~ »

Of course.

Hey, people!
I'm planning to make a large bunch of sprite sets - inspired by Stephen King. :)
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
~Dataman~

Post by ~Dataman~ »

I got distracted and made this.

My Art Thread
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

That's a definite improvement, but of course I guess you want more than that.

Shading? Pretty solid, but put some shading under the rim of the tophat to make it look like it's not a piece of cardboard.

Anatomy? In general, the body seems ridiculously thin and the shoulders don't really match up.

Hair? Seems kinda pointy, you might wanna work on making your hair flow, like curvy and stuff, hair doesn't naturally look like it's gonna be able to stab you in the chest in kill you.

But this is a great improvement, so keep spriting yo!
~Dataman~

Post by ~Dataman~ »

Thank you! I'm not changing the slimness, though. :|

Here's first of my Stephen King - inspired sprite. Mr. Malshun (or Munshun, it depends), loyal servant of the mighty Crimson King.

Edit: Also a new pose for me.

My Art Thread
~Dataman~

Post by ~Dataman~ »

Some custom Miney sprites from my trial. Trial is trash, but I'm happy with these.

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

My Art Thread
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

For Ini's poiting pose, it's the her left hand (anatomically) is wrong. Try that pose, irl in front of the mirror.

Other than that, these are some good sprites.
Koda

Post by Koda »

~Dataman~ wrote:Some custom Miney sprites from my trial. Trial is trash, but I'm happy with these.

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nice work on these overall, Data. :) Some have weird arms, but they look good aside from that.
Aer

Post by Aer »

Great new sprites, Dataman! I'm loving the Ini poses. The third set is especially derpy >w<
The first ones are the most accurate, though. Great angry eyes! My favorite's gotta be the second one on the fourth row, though.
You've had great ideas for this one. But perhaps on the last one, make her hair streaks a little lighter; they look a little straw-like.
Good job overall. Your ideas are great and if your execution was improved, you'd be one hellava spriter.
Keep drawing!
--
I like to scratch sprite. Feel free to ask if you need anything :3
Not very experienced at backgrounds, action shots, nor evidence, but I'd love to try.
~Dataman~

Post by ~Dataman~ »

I have been making a graphic novel. If you want, I can post some art about it's characters. :pearlhappy:

My Art Thread
SpazzyWings

Post by SpazzyWings »

~Dataman~ wrote:I have been making a graphic novel. If you want, I can post some art about it's characters. :pearlhappy:
Ooh! That would be interesting!!
~Dataman~

Post by ~Dataman~ »

Sorry for the poor quality, this is just a guick scetch.

From left to right:

Carolina 'Liberty'.
She's a young woman. Inspired by a legendary swordslady, she's skilled in using small, straight swords (She claims long and curved ones can hardly be used by anyone). She is one of the brave people who seek for what's behind Ring 100.
She's not your typical warrior princess. For her, it's no problem to for example cut someone who has no weapons and is unable to move. Also, she usually takes equipment from her fallen enemies if she finds them better than those she already has (For example Lubira's swords or newer, better coats.). She is quick-tempered and would fight for and steal something that's not sold to her. She doesn't know english.
Her additional name 'Liberty' comes from a moment when she freed one ring's all prisoners to make soem battle to cover her escaping from the ring's guardians.
Also the main character of the story.

Nick Mantley
He's a manly man with yellow hair and red, long coat. Since he's not that good in straight melee combat, he has a sniping rifle on his back, which he uses frequently. He also has a pistol and some grenades, which he uses rarely. He saves Carolina at ring 19 by a quirk, and after seeing how strong she is, joins her quest. Little to nothing is known about his past. He doesn't tell about it, and Carolina is not interested enough to even ask.
Actually, Nick is usually just an underling to Carolina, who would order him around in most of the fights where they both are on. He appreciates Carolina's strenght, while knowing her weak sides, and usually translates without asking all english writing and/or speech they see important. This is a good thing, since Slicer, one of their greatest antagonists, only writes in english.
Nick likes to showcase his skills to everyone, and it appears he's little self-loving person.

Scotton Fleng
He's a gambler with really high luck and skills in any imaginable card game. He fights really quickly, using his hands in a speed that's almost out of physical limits. He always wears the same hat and same coat, which would give and expression of them beign really important to him. He dislikes shooting and sometimes rants to Nick about his sniping, when they would have a fist fight.
He's interested to know more about Carolina, so he often asks her questions, and Carolina answers differently, depending on her mood.
He used to spend all his time playing at Ring 25, but then Carolina and Nick came and invited him to join them. Scotton's past is also not know so well, but better than Nick's, since he sometimes mentions his 'uncle Jack'.
Scotton is usually fearles, but he seems to be shivering everytime Slicer is mentioned or seen by someone.

My Art Thread
SpazzyWings

Post by SpazzyWings »

~Dataman~ wrote:Image

Sorry for the poor quality, this is just a guick scetch.

From left to right:

Carolina 'Liberty'.
She's a young woman. Inspired by a legendary swordslady, she's skilled in using small, straight swords (She claims long and curved ones can hardly be used by anyone). She is one of the brave people who seek for what's behind Ring 100.
She's not your typical warrior princess. For her, it's no problem to for example cut someone who has no weapons and is unable to move. Also, she usually takes equipment from her fallen enemies if she finds them better than those she already has (For example Lubira's swords or newer, better coats.). She is quick-tempered and would fight for and steal something that's not sold to her. She doesn't know english.
Her additional name 'Liberty' comes from a moment when she freed one ring's all prisoners to make soem battle to cover her escaping from the ring's guardians.
Also the main character of the story.

Nick Mantley
He's a manly man with yellow hair and red, long coat. Since he's not that good in straight melee combat, he has a sniping rifle on his back, which he uses frequently. He also has a pistol and some grenades, which he uses rarely. He saves Carolina at ring 19 by a quirk, and after seeing how strong she is, joins her quest. Little to nothing is known about his past. He doesn't tell about it, and Carolina is not interested enough to even ask.
Actually, Nick is usually just an underling to Carolina, who would order him around in most of the fights where they both are on. He appreciates Carolina's strenght, while knowing her weak sides, and usually translates without asking all english writing and/or speech they see important. This is a good thing, since Slicer, one of their greatest antagonists, only writes in english.
Nick likes to showcase his skills to everyone, and it appears he's little self-loving person.

Scotton Fleng
He's a gambler with really high luck and skills in any imaginable card game. He fights really quickly, using his hands in a speed that's almost out of physical limits. He always wears the same hat and same coat, which would give and expression of them beign really important to him. He dislikes shooting and sometimes rants to Nick about his sniping, when they would have a fist fight.
He's interested to know more about Carolina, so he often asks her questions, and Carolina answers differently, depending on her mood.
He used to spend all his time playing at Ring 25, but then Carolina and Nick came and invited him to join them. Scotton's past is also not know so well, but better than Nick's, since he sometimes mentions his 'uncle Jack'.
Scotton is usually fearles, but he seems to be shivering everytime Slicer is mentioned or seen by someone.
Interesting! I also envy your shading skills!