EleventhSpade's "Art" Thread

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

EleventhSpade
Spoken languages: English

EleventhSpade's "Art" Thread

Post by EleventhSpade »

Alternate Title: "How to dramatically lower the overall quality of an art forum with just one topic."
"What am I even doing here?" is what I'm asking myself every few seconds as I starting typing this worthless intro to this worthless thread. For those who don't know me (that would be all of you) my name is EleventhSpade and you will soon learn that I am very self-critical, that I have the most mysterious (read: pretentious) username on this site and that I am terrible at anything art related.

So making an art thread was clearly the way to go.

I will tell you all right now that I have no artistic talent whatsoever. I can't shade, I can't draw detailed faces, I have a terrible sense of proportions and don't even talk to me about perspective. Hell, I can't even draw a straight line using a ruler. What I do have working for me, however, is a variety of fancy brushes and Google Images. And for those of you who are desperately hoping that I'm leading you astray and this is actually a thread for my musical compositions, you have another thing coming.

So come one, come all! Come and feast your eyes on the freaks, the wicked, and the deranged!
Welcome to EleventhSpade's Art Thread!

The Trash:
-------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler : Abandoned Series Art :
Spoiler : Notes :
Easily the worst piece in the thread. Back when I was actually thinking of making something of my mediocre writing skills I planned on making a trial series. The topic for said series is still kicking around in the abandoned topic purgatory over in the "Your Trials" section, but I digress, I've decided to give my thoughts about each piece, just because I know that all of you want me to shut my face. :awesome:
That being said, the background of this picture turned out okay, but it's hardly noticeable with everything else being big and obnoxious and ugly. Literally every component of this piece is pretentious and soaked in crappy metaphor. At least that Bleeding Cowboys font is frickin' sweet.
Spoiler : Rise Against Avatar (Larger Version) :
This was so close to being decent, but I wish I hadn't just used a text box for the quote -- it looks so...so clean compared to everything else. For those of you who are confused by this one, Rise Against is my favourite band; the speaker, gas-mask guy and that blur in the top left are all from different album covers. The quote "You can lead me to the bloodbath, but you can't make me drink" is from the song "Tip the Scales."
Spoiler : GS5 Nick Typography...Thing :
This one is also "alright" I guess. It's also the most recent work I've done. There are some problems with it, though, like how crowded Phoenix's face is. I wish I could've made "Stepladder" more visible and the edges more feathered, but I'm still impressed that I got this thing to work at all.
Can you find "The miracle never happen"?
Spoiler : Abandoned Case Art #1 :
Was originally going to be the case art for the first case in that series, but was obviously abandoned. Everything is still metaphor-saturated, but at least this picture doesn't shove it down your throat like the first one.
Spoiler : Abandoned Case Art #2 :
Probably my favourite work. (I hate calling it a "work" because it sounds obnoxious and I don't deserve to sound obnoxious with the quality of the artwork I'm presenting.) Ironically, that shot of Apollo is from a picture of Trucy hugging him and Klavier and now he's about to get ruthlessly shanked. Such is life.
And that's all for now, folks. I intend to get better at this, so I encourage criticism. Feel free to rip me and my art to shreds. I encourage it, in fact. And for you masochists out there, I will accept requests so long as they're not too complex or expected to be done in a timely manner.

Thanks for reading and you may start flaming me now.
ApolloGrimoire

Re: EleventhSpade's "Art" Thread

Post by ApolloGrimoire »

My reaction is this.
Spoiler : :
It's clear you're a talented artist. I don't see what the problem is. I can't tell as I'm no artist.
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter
Greatest Weakness - Mis;use of; Semi;colons
Aer

Post by Aer »

I agree. These pieces are quite good. OAO
Keep it up~
--
I like to scratch sprite. Feel free to ask if you need anything :3
Not very experienced at backgrounds, action shots, nor evidence, but I'd love to try.
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

I actually really like the first one (the series art), to be honest. XP And with such an apparently cool concept of Case 2, the series would've been something I was legitamitely looking forward to...
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

gOOD COMPOSition and art