StuDeeYo (Requests Closed)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Twilight Wright
Spoken languages: English

Re: DeeYo's Art Thread (Requests Open)

Post by Twilight Wright »

the same thing you do with any snorlax--breed them until they're coming out your ears
Phantom

Re: DeeYo's Art Thread (Requests Open)

Post by Phantom »

DeeYo wrote:
Proton wrote:You need to apply attack to the saxophone bits Dee yo. Humanize the velocity's too. This way, that saxophone doesn't sound MIDI-ish or computerish, and sounds more naturally fluid. You should vary up the quantizing too for extra effect (preferably on the beginning parts of the notes). I always wondered how they got jazz instruments to sound good when it's not played live, so hopefully this knowledge helps improves your pieces more ;)
Proton, I'll tell you this straight.
I don't have the tools to apply 'attack' or to equalize velocity. In fact, if I /did/ illegally download some more advanced program (which carries risks in and of itself too), I'd have to spent 2 or 3 months trying to familiarize with the user interface. And that is time I do not have. So here's the deal: either you get used to my MIDI-ish instruments (because they are MIDIs! who would have thought!) or I send you the MIDIs and you collaborate with me to make these tracks sound like I wanted them to sound. But should you not want to waste time on trying to spice up mediocre pieces, you'll just have to get used to it.
[also I was not angry while writing this post, I just used a more direct tone to convey seriousness]
DrAwesomespore wrote:Oh, and can I use the cross-examination themes too? :maggey:
Sure. Credit me if you want to.
The features I listed are basic features that should come with a DAW. What are you using now?

Just because they are MIDI files (which is just a container for storing notes and other settings like...velocity), does not mean they need to sound like it's coming from your comps sound card. If you YouTube a thing like a realistic midi song", you'll understand that the power of your sound quality comes from the instruments and sound don'ts you use ;)
DeeYo
Spoken languages: Hungarian, English, some Russian, Spanish, German

Re: StuDeeYo (Requests Open)

Post by DeeYo »

(sorta) NEW TRACKS

A while ago Ledrert from the French forums asked me to make the Cross-Examination themes for his trial.

Cross-Examination ~ Moderato
Cross-Examination ~ Allegro

Any feedback is appreciated!

Total times sued: 10328
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

The moderato was fantastic. I was unsure of one of the flute-like instruments at first, but as the track went on, it came together excellently. That track gives me the image of searching through a vast desert, largely due to the instruments. The melody also works with that.

The allegro doesn't feel quite right. I cannot place exactly why, but I feel as if there's too much going on. A section from about :40 to :46 is representative of what I mean.

Hope that helps, and good work.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
DeeYo

Post by DeeYo »

Enthalpy wrote:The moderato was fantastic. I was unsure of one of the flute-like instruments at first, but as the track went on, it came together excellently. That track gives me the image of searching through a vast desert, largely due to the instruments. The melody also works with that.

The allegro doesn't feel quite right. I cannot place exactly why, but I feel as if there's too much going on. A section from about :40 to :46 is representative of what I mean.

Hope that helps, and good work.
For the former part, thank you. I had no vast desert in mind when making the track, btu if it works out, then great.

For the latter part, could you try thinking about why it doesn't feel right? The Allegro theme is just the Moderato theme sped up, with a higher pitch and a special interlude (and some minor changes). I can't see why there would be too much going on when there isn't too much going on in the Moderato theme.
(Also you /could/ explain away the instrument overload with "in a tense CE, the player has to focus on everything", but I guess I'd do better with improving the track, right...?)

By the way, thank you for your feedback!

Mr. Onizuka
Spoken languages: English, Español

Post by Mr. Onizuka »

The two objection themes were UH-MAzeballs. They exude a lot of personality, though I would need to see the characters they were made from to know for sure if they are spot on. Anyway, they were fun as hell to listen to; keep up at it, you know your stuff!
DeeYo

Post by DeeYo »

Mr. Onizuka wrote:The two objection themes were UH-MAzeballs. They exude a lot of personality, though I would need to see the characters they were made from to know for sure if they are spot on. Anyway, they were fun as hell to listen to; keep up at it, you know your stuff!
The characters the two objection themes were made for can be found in Turnabout Dilemma, a fancase by Whirlywind and Evolina de Luna. I suggest you play it and see if the themes are "spot on".
Once again, thank you for your feedback!

DeeYo

Re: StuDeeYo (Requests Closed)

Post by DeeYo »

~ New(ish) Track! ~

Having upgraded to a better DAW and having some more expertise behind me, I figured I could try my hand at revamping one of my earlier tracks. So here it is, the good old Pursuit theme!
Old version (for comparison)
New version

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

nice new thread title name! pretty clever.
Sami-Fire

Post by Sami-Fire »

The new version definitely sounds better than the old one. It's got a fuller sound to it, and the instruments are better. How did you get the fuller sound?
Here, there, back again. ahih=makyan;
DeeYo

Post by DeeYo »

Sami-Fire wrote:The new version definitely sounds better than the old one. It's got a fuller sound to it, and the instruments are better. How did you get the fuller sound?
Reverb and panning. Also turning the volume knob all the way up.

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Oh whoops sorry I missed that, but nice improvement there DeeYo.
DeeYo

Post by DeeYo »

New OST! Link here!

About a year and a half ago, I was asked to make an OST for an AAO-themed fighting game. The game was canceled, but the tracks remain - even though they clearly don't represent my full ability to make tracks anymore. The tracks were made in a span of years, so there is a lot of fluctuation in quality as I learned more and more things I could do. I was about to revamp the existing tracks, but the project was canceled and I felt a revamp to be useless. Regardless, I'll post them all here for all to see.

Constructive criticism is always appreciated, as long as you keep in mind that this was ~1-2 years ago. Also, tracks that aren't 10 minutes long are not even finalized versions.

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Oh dang, these are pretty cool!

Out of curiosity, which one of these are your favorites?
DeeYo

Post by DeeYo »

SS Sleuth wrote:Oh dang, these are pretty cool!

Out of curiosity, which one of these are your favorites?
Isis' and Teruko's themes. Also Unas if we don't take the entire instrumentalization and the execution into account and just focus on the notes and "content".

...Since Isis' theme is one of my favorites, that means that yours is also a semi-favorite by proxy, since the two share Leitmotifs. Rejoice.

I'd like to ask you the same question.