[Music] ThePaSch's Magnificent Musical Muse

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

ThePaSch
Spoken languages: English, German (native)

[Music] ThePaSch's Magnificent Musical Muse

Post by ThePaSch »

Yo!
I already had a thread with music, but it was from three years ago; didn't necessarily want to necro it. Also, it only contained remixes, while this one also contains original stuff.

So, occasionally, my creative side emerges from the depths of my mind and the oh-so-precious muse comes to kiss me. Unfortunately, whenever that happens, I'm not at home, and thus don't have access to my computer.
So you'll have to make do with this stuff that I randomly threw together with my mouse and keyboard (not the one you're thinking of):

Original Music

Ace Attorney Inspired Electronic - Free to use without permission! Please leave credit. Orchestral - Ask for permission before using the following! Remixes
That's it for now. I don't do requests. If you wish to use a track or two in a case or project of yours, hit me up with a PM!

Cheers!
Last edited by ThePaSch on Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:18 am, edited 30 times in total.
naagloshii
Spoken languages: English, French, learning Russian

Re: [Music] ThePaSch's Magnificent Musical Muse

Post by naagloshii »

Wow. I really, really like your music!
Your Ghost Trick remixes make me want to replay it, even though I JUST finished it a week ago haha.
I'm off to listen to bands you kids have never heard of, and when they go major I'll be there to complain about how much they've sold out!
-Uzuki Yashiro

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
DeeYo
Spoken languages: Hungarian, English, some Russian, Spanish, German

Post by DeeYo »

Wow, that is... a lot of tracks.
I'll update this as soon as I finish listening to these. (I won't listen to the Ghost Trick or AA remakes, because I've never played Ghost Trick and I'm just here to ruin your life anyway) (I also won't comment on electronic stuff because I can't really judge those)
ThePaSch wrote: and thus don't have access to my computer.
So, don't expect classical compositions. Instead, have some electronic remix stuff
ThePaSch: the only person who can compose electronic remix stuff on a piece of paper but can't compose classical music on a computer.

My comments:
Spoiler : Comments :
Pressing Truth: No Way Out: A tad bit repetitive; try adding different melodies. Or chords.
Also I can't really imagine this as a Cornered track; but the composition really is great. With a bit more work it can be a great CE theme (or a "logic under stress")
CE: Allegro: Again, the composition is great and it would be a great CE theme (or theme in any retro game), but it gets a bit repetitive. (there is no place I can skip to where it's not the leitmotif that I can hear)
CE: Allegro orchestral: This doesn't have the tension the retro version had. No rythm (until 1:20) and you slowed down the tempo. However, with a bit more polishing this could work as a detention center theme [or a reminiscence theme?]
A Well-Deserved Victory: I really like this one.You could have used a bit more major chords though.
Face to Face: Another one of my favorites. A bit less repetitive than the others, and there is a lot of tension.
Destiny: Again, composition is great, idea is great, but you could have expanded on the melody.
Choice of Choices: ...you know what I want to say.
The Orchestral Elevator: The only reason I won't argue about this one is because this is elevator music and elevator music is meant to be 5 seconds long, looped over and over again ad nauseam passersbyium (what? I fail at Latin)
Please do not take these as destructive criticism: all I want is to help. and ruin your life because you're competition

Total times sued: 10328
ThePaSch

Post by ThePaSch »

This response is a year late. But hey, better late than never, eh?

First and foremost, thanks for your feedback, naagloshii and Dee! I incorporated a lot of it into my new creation:
  • Puzzles 10 - My attempt at a Professor Layton puzzle theme.
So, evidently, I loved PLvsAA so much that I decided that I just HAD to create my own version of a puzzle theme. This one cuts down on reused patterns a lot. I've also put a lot of attention to the progression of the melody.
ThePaSch

Post by ThePaSch »

Three new themes today! They were created with an Ace Attorney soundfont for use in an AAO case, which is why they have a retro-feel to them. Please don't just use them in your trial - ask me for permission first!
ThePaSch

Post by ThePaSch »

Here's a new theme - it's a completely custom Cross-Examination theme, made with an Ace Attorney soundfont and designed to sound as close to an "actual" CE theme as possible. Please don't just use it in your trial - ask me for permission first!
Last edited by ThePaSch on Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ThePaSch

Post by ThePaSch »

And another new theme: the Allegro version of my custom Cross-Examination theme. I'm really happy with how it turned out! As above, please don't just use it in your trial - ask me for permission first!
DeeYo

Post by DeeYo »

Amazing work! Memorable melodies, instrumentalized like an actual AA CE theme almost perfectly. (Although you might sometimes use too many instruments for the GBA/DS to handle in the Allegro theme. Dunno for certain, though. It's not a bad thing, the track does more than enough to convey the AA feel.)
Keep it up!

SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Both the Orbit CE Moderato and Allegro are excellent! You nailed the pacing for the songs and the style!
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
ThePaSch

Post by ThePaSch »

Thanks for listening and for the feedback, DeeYo and SuperAj! I'm really happy about the positive resonance. Glad it sounds like an AA song in style to you. Mission accomplished. :P
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

The CE themes are awesome! Really amazing work. I can picture these in an actual AA game!
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
mercurialSK
Spoken languages: English

Post by mercurialSK »

Your stuff is awesome man XD I can only give you my appreciation...I always look forward to when you post new stuff, lol.
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
ThePaSch

Post by ThePaSch »

Thanks, you two! I've always been a big fan of your work, mercurial, so I feel honored for hearing such kind words. :nod:

Also, here's a new theme - it's another reminiscence theme this time! As above, please ask for permission before you use it.
DeeYo

Post by DeeYo »

Slight dissonance with the tinkly instruments at 0:59-1:00. I don't know if it was intentional, and I'd let it slide because painful reminiscence theme, but still - it sounds more like a mistake than on purpose.
1:08 - bass goes to tonic note too soon, causes dissonance. I'm pretty sure this isn't intentional.

Aside from that, awesome job.

ThePaSch

Post by ThePaSch »

Has it really been three years...? Again...?

Two new themes today - well, no, two versions of the same theme. But they're different from one another! I promise!

I took a stab at a proper DS-era Pursuit Theme this time. Enjoy... but as with the rest of the DS-era themes, please don't just use it in your trial - ask me for permission first!