Risen City (New Download Location)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

256 Pi
Spoken languages: English

Risen City (New Download Location)

Post by 256 Pi »

This thread used to be where I kept all my sprites, but... well, let's just say that they weren't very good. I took them out since I thought they weren't good enough to use outside of my case series, Maya Fey: Spiritual Successor. If you've played the case series and want to use some of the sprites I made, feel free to PM me and I'll give them to you, but I figured this was a better place to showcase my indie games than my limited artistic ability. :P

Anyway, this thread is now entirely for my game, Risen City. It's a point-and-click adventure game that plays similar to the Ace Attorney games (well, actually, slightly closer to Professor Layton), and in fact, it could have been an AAO case if it weren't for the fact that it has absolutely nothing to do with Ace Attorney besides using a few AA canon character sprites. It's not particularly long; can be beaten in an hour or two if you know what you're doing. You can check it out here:

http://gamejolt.com/games/adventure/ris ... sts/17851/

NOTE: This game can only be played on Windows. If you have a Mac, I sure hope it can run EXEs, or you won't be able to play it!

All of my other games can be accessed through my website, http://notquitegames.webs.com. Links to my YouTube channels and all of my games are here. Feedback on my videos and games is greatly appreciated! My coworkers' games are also there, but they don't use this forum. Feel free to comment on them, but you won't be getting comments back from the authors. :P
Last edited by 256 Pi on Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:26 am, edited 10 times in total.
Phantom

Re: 256 Pi's Not Quite Art

Post by Phantom »

Not bad on Kaya
256 Pi

Post by 256 Pi »

Did you check out the game?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Oh sorry about that, didn't notice you had a game link in there. I'll let someone else review how your game is on that though :P
256 Pi

Post by 256 Pi »

Version 2 of Risen City Episode 1 uploaded. While showing it to my brother he found a few glitches. :oops: Link in the first post as usual.
256 Pi

Post by 256 Pi »

Well, I came up with another OC for my Maya Fey series. :maya: He's going to be the defendant in Case 2. I just started, so he's not animated or anything, so feel free to take a look.
Spoiler : Jack Speedman :
No need to worry about spoilers. You meet the guy in Part 1 of the case (which will be codeable once I animate this guy).
256 Pi

Post by 256 Pi »

I finished the new OC I'm using for Case 2, which is now ready to play. (Link to the topic is in my sig.)
256 Pi

Re: 256 Pi's Not Quite Art (New Sprites from MF:SS Case 2)

Post by 256 Pi »

Alright, now that I've finished up Maya Fey: Spiritual Successor Case 2, I've posted all the non-spoiler sprites of the four OC's that I sprited myself from that case. I know that I didn't do a great job on a bunch of these, but if you feel like fixing them, please do! And, of course, constructive criticism is just as welcome as usual. I haven't really heard anyone's opinion on my spriting much, after all...
256 Pi

Re: Risen City (New Download Location!)

Post by 256 Pi »

OK, I've done a major revamp of this thread, and it no longer showcases my sprites. This is now the place to discuss my game, Risen City. It's being showcased here due to the AA-inspired gameplay. Technically Episode 1 could be an AAO case, but...it doesn't actually have anything to do with Ace Attorney besides using some sprites of canon characters.

Any feedback on this game is greatly appreciated! :D
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Re: Risen City (New Download Location)

Post by Sligneris »

...Okay, I'm getting quite interested about the graphics and music.
256 Pi

Post by 256 Pi »

I don't think they'll disappoint. :wink:
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

-...I was more interested in their source. I mean, they are they from ^^;