Fan/Crackfic: The Fairytale World (Chapter 6 up)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Re: Fan/Crackfic: The Fairytale World (Chapter 3 up)

Post by GuardianDreamer »

@NN: I'm not sure what to say to that. I guess I'd be confused by how to take criticism for this fic since I'm not taking it seriously, but if you want to give criticism, I'd still listen to it.

@Sleuf: Unfortunately, there isn't much left of the Cast to introduce. I focused on much less people than you and Enigma did.

Anyway here, have chapter 4. It was my favorite chapter to write, though it might not be the best chapter to read. It's basically the very definition of a filler chapter where I just inserted a bunch of random nonsense. (Also I have to hurry up with chapter 6 and 7, or I might suffer from Schedule Slip. I blame real life, as well as how long I insist on a chapter being.)
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: Fan/Crackfic: The Fairytale World (Chapter 4 up)

Post by kwando1313 »

Yes! Chapter 4 in all its glory! (This was my favorite chapter to read.)

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sleuth »

I have to say that I do enjoy the slice-of-life-ish direction this fic has. Unlike the other fics, the sense of urgency/danger is greatly diminished, so there's more time for the characters to be themselves, which is fun. I think it's nice to see a more "plotless" story that can be a simple fun read.
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Re: Fan/Crackfic: The Fairytale World (Chapter 3 up)

Post by NihilisticNinja »

GuardianDreamer wrote:@NN: I'm not sure what to say to that. I guess I'd be confused by how to take criticism for this fic since I'm not taking it seriously, but if you want to give criticism, I'd still listen to it.
Ah, but that's the problem I'm having- it doesn't feel fair to critique a light-hearted crackfic that is primarily purely based of stylistic choices. If it's your style of writing then it's your style of writing- there's no really need to get hyper-critical on it both because there's no need to force you to change your style based off the opinion of one person, and more likely than not you'll just get frustrated because, again, it's just how you write. :(

So I'll probably keep critique to a minimum unless I see something CRAZY off.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Wasn't a fan of the fourth wall being broken twice basically the same exact way in the same chapter. Other than that, t'was fine.
GuardianDreamer

@Gumpei: Due to my horrible memory, I have no clue what you're talking about. Though I probably will once I reread it. Also, as a fair warning, the future chapters WILL have a lot more fourth wall breaking, so that might not be your cup of tea. (I love fourth wall breaking, but I can understand why others might not.)

@NN: Okay then, whatever makes you happy.

@Sleuf: Thank you.

@Kwando: Huh, I never knew that.

Anyway, I'm here with an apology. I have been feeling very dismotivated lately, and I haven't gotten chapter 6 done. Technically I could still post chapter 5 now, but instead, I'm going to delay it by about a day for reasons. Chapter 7 will probably also be delayed by a few days when I get to that. Apologies for the inconvenience.

EDIT: And here's Chapter 5. Expect Chapter 6 two days from now, though I can't make any guarantees, and who knows how long Chapter 7 will take.
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Re: Fan/Crackfic: The Fairytale World (Chapter 5 up)

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Alrighty. Quite a good chapter. The characters are written quite well- you've managed to make your spin on the personalities consistent and yet continually entertaining as well- and the humor on a whole is effective (Heh, aliens). Overall the plot works and the way you advance it is relatively effective, certainly effective enough to be compelling. I like the direction you take the story at the very end there, and am curious as to exactly where it's headed. The dialogue is consistently effective- characters manage to bounce off each other relatively well. I can see Gumpei's point about 4th wall breaking being rather common, but it's something that doesn't really bother me too much, and as a joke it manages to still work well despite the commonality.

However, do take your time. I'm sure everybody would like work on level of quality you've matched thus far than something rushed in order to try and keep everybody happy. Forcing yourself like that is just pointlessly stressful and isn't going to help. Besides, it's not like writing this is your job or that you have any deadlines. No need to rush things.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
Master Of Chaos
Spoken languages: English

Re: Fan/Crackfic: The Fairytale World (Chapter 5 up)

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Enjoying this so far. Keep up the good work.

*Is too occupied/lazy to write an actual review*
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
GuardianDreamer

Re: Fan/Crackfic: The Fairytale World (Chapter 6 up)

Chapter 6 is now up after who knows how long. I'm afraid to say that I think it's obvious that I struggled with this and spent much more time on it than I should have... Still, after this, all that remains is Chapter 7 and the Epilogue.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here