Gordon Vance- Arty Party (Taking requests)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Phantom

Re: Gordon Vance- Arty Party (Taking requests)

Post by Phantom »

Koda wrote:
GordonVance wrote:1. it's easy 2. im lazy and 3. i like the way it looks.
If you want to see any improvement in your spriting, then these really aren't very good philosophies to have. :wink:

Agreed. Sorry if you feel offended, but if you're not willing to actually put in effort/take the time to learn, then there's no point in having anymore interest in your works.

Those 3 items you just listed shows me that you didn't even once try to incorporate anyone's feedbacks. And that's kinda an insult for us viewers who are trying to help you out.
AP-Master
Spoken languages: Spanish and English

Post by AP-Master »

GordonVance wrote: At the start of the thread i said that i am taking requests but will turn some down and that will still stand until the end, of, time. :larry:
Um... He's not saying: because your sprites have mistakes, you won't be able to do the requests. He IS saying: because your sprites have mistakes, people WON'T look to ask you requests at all xD

Please, don't get shot down because of what I'm going to say; but, because of the quality of your sprites, people know that if they ask you a request, the resulting sprite will be bad as well.

Koda wrote:
GordonVance wrote:1. it's easy 2. im lazy and 3. i like the way it looks.
If you want to see any improvement in your spriting, then these really aren't very good philosophies to have. :wink:
Agree with Koda. Also, you are effectively contradicting yourself (or rather, giving people a reason to contradict you) by saying that. Do you really think someone is going to ask you for a sprite after they heard that? :|

The criticism we are giving you here works to make you aware of the things that aren't done well. With that, you can work to improve your sprites. If you are just going to stick to:
GordonVance wrote:... and 3. i like the way it looks.
... then you are going to ignore the criticism and stick with that image of what looks good in your head, blocking your future progress.
English Section - Visit my Sprite Castle!: http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =30&t=5716
Sección Española - Visita mi Castillo de Sprites! [Peticiones ABIERTAS]: http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =31&t=7792
¡Aprende a Spritear! - http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =31&t=7838
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I think we've been gracious enough to give him exact criticism of his sprites. But at this point, the ball's in his court. If he want to play ball, he'll have to fix EVERYTHING. Sprites and attitude and all.

If he takes our advice, it's his perogative. That shows that he's willing to improve. And then customers will take interest in any future products. Now if he does not take our advice, it's also his perogative. That also means it will waste our time to try to give any future criticisms, knowing he won't take it. Why waste time on a mule? And from a customer's point of view, why waste time at a crappy Walmart when there's a Costco nearby?

If he wants customers, he's going to have to improve his products. He needs to show that he's improving through posting updates of existing sprites, instead of posting new sprites with the exact same problems as before. Simple as that.

To make this easier, he will need to close down shop but keep the gallery open. Meaning, don't open the thread to requests. But keep the thread open as a living WIP.
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

Say... wouldn't you happen to use hair from Mikker's Goodman sprite here without the slightest bit of credit?...
GordonVance
Spoken languages: English, learning German and Japanese.

Post by GordonVance »

Oops.. Ill edit that speech bubble/reply.

I really thought about what you said (all of you so ill get working.)
Credit to rajin and capcom and me!!
GordonVance
Spoken languages: English, learning German and Japanese.

Post by GordonVance »

OK Then...

Fixed up some sprites...
Spoiler : New stuff :
I also made this
Spoiler : Da Lion :
I know it looks incredibly wrong but i dont know how to fix it.
Speaking of not knowing how to fix stuff, what should i put in the heart-shaped gap in krisver???
Credit to rajin and capcom and me!!