Resources: Graphic Templates (Speech bubbles, Boxart, ect.)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Re: Resource: Templates (Blank Speech Bubble Template Up)

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Lol eh.

A Shout bubble without the letters is as useful as a car with no gasoline. :calisto:

Still, I do recall in CR that there's a thread with the Shout Bubble AND the Letters to boot.
Phantom

Re: Resource: Templates (VS. Screens Up-Thanks ED!|Box Art U

Post by Phantom »

^ohhh good point on that, didn't realize that. I'll ask that OP soon if I can add it here, as it can be real useful

Edit: Actually, the OP rules allow me to "host" her resources here on this thread. I have credited and sourced to her original post accordingly.

Thanks to ED, I've also posted up the VS. screens, for the conveniences of the members here. I've also linked to ED's tutorial thread if you want to know how to a normal animation. (Btw, the vs. screen showcased is one used for tGens Part 1, and another used as a placeholder for Part 2 of tGens).

I've now included the box art templates, thanks to Tap's box art tutorial thread. I've also thrown in my own .pdn version of it too (it's not the best version though, stick with .psd/.xcf if you're looking for the best organized layers)

Please contribute! It's kinda getting frustrating trying to make these new resource threads with so little people helping out, but in this case, it will be hard to contribute unless you're someone who has made their own templates dedicated for a specific task.
Tap
Spoken languages: English

Re: Resources: Templates (VS. Screens Up-Thanks ED!|Box Art

Post by Tap »

All of the boxarts should be credited to Ceres, and Ceres only. He put them together, and it's only thanks to him that we have them. It takes only a click of a few buttons to convert the file to another type, so I don't think it is particularly appropriate for us to be taking credit for it. It should be as basic as this: "Compiled by Ceres, <insert format>"
ImageImage
Phantom

Re: Resources: Templates (Now Loading gifs Up|BG Templates U

Post by Phantom »

I now posted up some now loading gifs (originally meant to be used in tGens somewhere, but scrapped for w/e reason)

Edit: Also @ Tap, just saw your post, will re-edit the post. Your art guide was confusing on who I was supposed to credit (as you placed mention on who did what format, such as Kroki doing the .xcf format. I'm merely following the pattern you established xP).

I will change the listing so it says only compiled by Ceres, and to credit ONLY him. However, just to stay organized, I will still retain the "format provided by...", as I don't expect a viewer to look at the source thread for more details on the source. Thanks for clarifying it up

---------------------------

Background templates are up! I have included a Black and White, and a Sepia filter for those authors looking for an edit that places the scene in the "past" :).

Nobody should be requesting for these specific kind of filters anymore at the request thread now that I got that base covered ;)
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Whoa, the compilation of the gallery sprites is awesome. If I use it for a fan-case, do you want credit both in-game and on the thread, or just one of them?

E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Credit is not required for the template, since that template uses mostly regular AA stuff. Custom courtroom sprites, though, require credit.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

drvonkitty wrote:Whoa, the compilation of the gallery sprites is awesome. If I use it for a fan-case, do you want credit both in-game and on the thread, or just one of them?
Hey drvon! I'm basically repeating what ED said, but for any of the sprites that come from the actual AA-games (so basically a majority of them), they do NOT require any credit. If you still want to acknowledge where you got the graphics them, it's your prerogative. You definitely don't have to though

But, as Ed said, if there's a *custom* mini-sprite (iirc which I think atm is three: Turner Gray, Bruce Goodman, and Godot) that you use from within the .pdn/.psd or w/e, yes those are definitely required. I've labeled the artists who did those custom mini-sprites accordingly within the layer name. (Bruce Goodman was all Fenrir, the Turner Gray version that I posted is the one from me, and Godot is a combination of Fenrir and me, but you can choose to credit whoever you want on the Godot one).

Hope this helps :)
lumine

Post by lumine »

Would you say this looks pretty decent?
Spoiler : :
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Hey lumine, even if you can get that animated, that'd be even better!

I assume you're submitting this to the OP? Or just showcasing an example that you utilized from the templates provided?

Only thing I have to say is watch out for the shout bubble dimensions. Some of the bubble edges are cutoff, which could impact the animation (if you intend to go that route).

Nut hey, looks nice ;)
lumine

Post by lumine »

Not really submitting it, but I wanted opinions because its the first bubble graphic I've done.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Then for a first one its great ;)
Novaraven747
Spoken languages: English and Google Translate XD

Post by Novaraven747 »

I know this topic is but dead right about now but i thought id say I've made an imgur album with all of the Letters in if you want them. Saves you having to individually save them.
http://imgur.com/a/G6y2Y
"Looking into the spirit of others is sometimes like looking into a pond. Though we aim to see what's deep in the bottom, we are often distracted by our own reflection." - Novaraven747
"Strive to be humble in victory and gracious in defeat." - Boots Williams
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

If someone wants to take over this thread (and certain mods give me a HEADS UP before the move is officially done), I'm all for it.

@Novaraven that is a REALLY clever idea! Probably one of the most clever ideas I've seen utilizing imgur...there are some really good implications about how you went about this regarding templates...I'm tempted to just create an imgur album of all the templates on the first post now haha :P

I'll add it to teh OP.
Novaraven747
Spoken languages: English and Google Translate XD

Post by Novaraven747 »

Proton wrote:If someone wants to take over this thread (and certain mods give me a HEADS UP before the move is officially done), I'm all for it.

@Novaraven that is a REALLY clever idea! Probably one of the most clever ideas I've seen utilizing imgur...there are some really good implications about how you went about this regarding templates...I'm tempted to just create an imgur album of all the templates on the first post now haha :P

I'll add it to teh OP.
Thanks proton. The idea came to mind when i was just being bored and I thought wouldn't it be easier to just have an imgur album with it all in? So I did just that. I don't really mind taking the thread over as well. It would give me something to do :XD:
"Looking into the spirit of others is sometimes like looking into a pond. Though we aim to see what's deep in the bottom, we are often distracted by our own reflection." - Novaraven747
"Strive to be humble in victory and gracious in defeat." - Boots Williams
Phantom

Re: Resources: Templates (Objection Letters Imgur Album Up!)

Post by Phantom »

If you want to, go give the mods a PM, once I know you're officially taking over, I'll quickly try to transition the thread to your name and all. Have fun with it!