The Art of TheDoctor (Updated 6-1-15) - Prosecutor Phoenix

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

The Art of TheDoctor (Updated 6-1-15) - Prosecutor Phoenix

Post by TheDoctor »

Hello, everyone. Welcome to my art thread. It is here where you will find images based on the Thought Route feature introduced in Dual Destinies. You can also find a few sprite edits of Ace Attorney characters as well as OC's. Terms and conditions for use can be found below, so have a look around and have fun.
Image Image Image
Image Image
The above sprites are mostly for display. If you'd like to use the Thought Route in a case, I have some revised versions below. The backgrounds are now designed to work with special sprites for the little bouncing laser thing in the middle of the characters' foreheads. These special sprites are APNGs, so if you're using Firefox, you're good to go. If you're using Chrome, you'll need to go here for an extension in order to view these. Please note however that you'll still need to play the trials in Firefox if you're still using the V5 player. If you're using V6, it won't be an issue.

NOTE: Credit goes to SuperAj3 for Mia's Thought Route picture, and VirtAnderson helped fix Mia's Thought Route ending. So if you use Mia's Thought Route in a case, be sure to credit all of us.

Terms and Conditions:
Hotlinking is not allowed. If you would like to use any of my sprites, download and host them yourself.

The Thought Route sprites are free to use provided credit is given. I would also appreciate a link to the case you're using them in once you're done making it, just because I'd like the chance to see it in action.

Sprite edits are also free to use, however, credit is not necessary unless otherwise noted for specific sprites. Just don't claim you made them yourself.

Feel free to use my sprite edits as a base. I'm perfectly fine with you recoloring any of them, adding new poses, or even changing minor details as long as you link me to the finished work and allow me to use whatever edits you make, if I like (credit will be given, of course).

OC's are NOT for public use at this time. I may eventually release them to the public after I have a chance to use them in a case, but before then, they're off limits.

Thought Route sprites:
Spoiler : Thought Route Revision :
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Use this as a popup (or even a character sprite, if you don't plan on adding background text)...

Use this as a popup for answering correctly... (use a 1300 millisecond timer)

Once you're finished, you'll need to make the screen flash and switch to this background...
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

You'll also want to use this as a popup after changing the background... (use a 1250 millisecond timer)
UPDATE: For the more industrious of you, here are links to some psd files if you want to make your own... (partial credit must be provided in this case)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/66sy5g9zk9fkn ... mplate.psd (revised version of original template)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/okthr28edo11n ... mplate.psd (Thought Route Completed template)

Sprite Edits:

Winston Payne:
Spoiler : Post Dual Destinies :
Image Image

Normal:
Image Image

Confident:
Image Image

Nervous:
Image Image

Damaged:

Document: Credit Ceres for the base.
Image Image
Miles Edgeworth:
Spoiler : :
Image Image

In case anyone wants Edgeworth to stand after bowing, but doesn't want him to shoot straight up... Credit to Sligneris for the defense attorney base.
ImageImage
Phoenix Wright
Spoiler : Prosecution :
April May:
Couldn't stand her default sprites, so I made these.

Normal:
Image Image

Twitching:
Image Image
OC's:

Friedrich von Karma: DO NOT USE!
Normal:
Image Image

Bad mood/Thinking:
Image Image

Smirking:
Image Image

Zoom:
Image Image
Requests:

Not currently taking requests

:holdit: If you have a thought route request, please supply the picture you want inside the thought route, unless it can be found in the HD sprites pack.

Also, only
one request at a time.
Spoiler : Requests :
For Mono the Meerp
Image Image

For lumine

For SpazzyWings
Image Image Image
Last edited by TheDoctor on Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:02 pm, edited 56 times in total.
Image Image Image
SpazzyWings

Re: The Art of TheDoctor

Post by SpazzyWings »

Hmmm... This is rather interesting. Is this based from Dual Destinies?
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

Isn't it a bit too slow?

Also, I request Means version. By any means necessary.
~Dataman~
Spoken languages: English and finnish.

Post by ~Dataman~ »

It is slow now, since Edgeworth just woke up and his brains be lagging. Pretty cool though. :)
My DeviantArt My Youtube Channel
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

@sligneris: Actually, if you look at the thought route on YouTube, you'll see my background actually moves faster than the original. (i would have made mine slower, but that would mean too many frames or choppy animation.) As for making a Means version, I'll have to see if I can find a good closeup of him first.

EDIT: @SpazzyWings: Yes, this is a Dual Destinies thing.

By the way, I made a slight variation on the image, I wanted to know which one you guys thought looked better.

Image Image Image
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

What about a version without the face? Do you have that, because I might need it. Like seriously, this is PERFECT timing for a thought route bg.

Also, I like the first version more. The laser thingy looks kind of weird in the second one.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Are you wanting a version without the face as a background, or were you hoping to add a face to it? If the latter, the best route would be to either send me the face you want in there, or I can send you the psd file so you can put it in there yourself (then again, I suppose I could also remove the background and provide the gif as an overlay, if you would prefer).

EDIT: I noticed that the clouds on the bottom were missing, so I added those in. Anyway, I think this may be my final version, unless someone has any suggestions that you think it needs. I personally think the timing looks best at .25 seconds per frame, but you're more than welcome to change the timing if you use it (or you can request I send you one timed to your preference, if you don't know how to animate gifs)

And here's the one of Means, as requested.

(I'll work on the conclusion frames later).
Image Image Image
Sligneris

Post by Sligneris »

Uh, wouldn't Means with his head down, as seen
Spoiler : DD Case 3 :
before his reveal
fit better?

Also, try to edit it, a bit. I agree, it keeps the speed, but in the game it's calm and smooth, and in your edits it looks like something is lagging ._. The red thing also is much faster, as I see it.
lumine

Post by lumine »

Make a thought route background with
NIGEL THORNBERRY'S SMASHING FACE
And yes that's a serious request.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

@Sligneris: I couldn't find any closeup official art like that, meaning I'd have to rip it from a youtube video and enlarge it, meaning the quality would really suck. If you can find me one though, I'll go ahead and change it for you.

@lumine: Give me the pic, and I'll give you the gif. (that's a serious request too, since I don't know whom you're speaking of, nor the facial pose you would want)

General rule of thumb, if I can't find it in the HD sprites or in official art, I can't make the thought route for you unless you provide me the specific pic you want to use.
Image Image Image
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

TheDoctor wrote:Are you wanting a version without the face as a background
This.
Sligneris

Post by Sligneris »

That would work well, but we would need separate background, close-up and that red thing.
lumine

Post by lumine »

NOW MAKE THE MAGIC HAPPEN
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

I think I finally got it this time...

Incidentally, here's Mono's request.

EDIT: And as a couple of special treats...
Image Image

ONE MORE EDIT: lumine's request filled
Image Image Image
Sligneris

Re: The Art of TheDoctor (Updated 12-20-13)

Post by Sligneris »

Hm, you could maybe make a DD version for Nick ;)