The Journal -- RP-Based Short Story Collection

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

The Journal -- RP-Based Short Story Collection

Post by Sleuth »

From the Journal of...
The following is a collection of short stories based around various characters from AAO-based roleplays. It may be difficult to understand them if you are not familiar with the characters.

Prologue:
So, there I sat, alone at midnight. The dark of night deepened the despair I felt in my soul, and the ice-cold wind wracked my body as I shivered over my typewriter, my bony fingers struggling to press the keys. Yet I knew I must. Lives were on the line. So, by candlelight, I went on, typing away as the clock ticked away my life. I thought back to my beautiful wife and children. I had to do it. Otherwise they'd be killed. There was no other chance. Though my bones ached and my stomach itched, I struggled on, knowing that in death, my family would be avenged. Then, by lamplight, I typed in the final key, and presented it to the Master at long last. He took the manuscript, covered in my weary blood and tears. His cold eyes ran across the page like deer, prancing through the forest. It was at that moment that I knew my soul was complete. He then turned into a dove, flying away with my life's work. Then, slowly, I turned back to the typewriter. My mission was nearly complete. I knew what I must do. Slowly, I sat back down, took a breath, and wrote the forbidden words:
The Journal: Tales of Childhood (Part 1)

Okay, seriously, though. This is a little mini-project I've been doing that's kind of a collection of short drabbles based on my characters from various RPs around AAO. It's currently incomplete, and I don't know how many stories will ultimately be part of it, but it's just going to be a little thing I have going for fun and stuff. Right now I'm mainly focused on characters I'm currently RPing, but I might include characters from other works and stuff. If I get permission, I might even do a few stories with guest characters as well.

Overall, this is a collection of "extras" from my RPing experience, and I hope you all find them enjoyable. ATM it is probably going to be a bit hard to understand for those of you unfamiliar with my "canon". However, I plan for this to eventually stand alone, and be useful as a story all on its own, that will slowly unveil the stories of my characters and stuff.

It will updated sporadically with kinda whatever I feel like, but I might start small series and stuff over time. This thread is mostly for convenience. Oh, and for the record OBLIGATORY LANGUAGE WARNING, since my characters WILL be off the RP and thus swear much more liberally. This probably won't happen much, but it will happen FREQUENTLY in the chatroom-styled stories and anything involving Isis or Kanya. Sailor-mouths.

Anyways, please enjoy! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my nonsense. Feel free to leave reviews and comments and stuff. That's why I made the thread.