SK's Art Thread

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

mercurialSK
Spoken languages: English

Re: SK's Art Thread

Post by mercurialSK »

Thanks for the interest :)

The first part of that is finished save for some custom graphics and fixes I want to make to the graphics, but out of the features listed it only has Perceive in it. Widget 2.0 is in the court section, part 2. The way Perceive was implemented was really hacked (lol time constraints) and doesn't work on lower-spec computers. I have a new version/Perceive generator in the works but I've been busy with other stuff so I haven't had time to get onto that... I also suffered data loss recently for a bunch of stupid reasons and lost a lot of progress on it too.

drvonkitty's been busy with his stuff too so yeah it's kind of getting nowhere very quickly. :sawhit:
Mr. Onizuka wrote:I've been breaking my head over how to make a Perceive mechanic that is fun, but overall playable in AAO. If this project is on hold or something, I would be happy to help (not the most experienced case maker, but I'm always happy to tinker with the editor hehe)
Thanks for offering. What I'm doing is more just JS coding with a web interface to generate a bunch of stuff rather than anything in the editor though. If you could help with that I wouldn't mind sharing details since I also want to get this out and let others include Perceive in their fangames as well. v6 is very nice.

What did you mean by 'fun but playable' though?
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
Mr. Onizuka
Spoken languages: English, Español

Post by Mr. Onizuka »

mercurialSK wrote: What did you mean by 'fun but playable' though?
Oh, I actually said that thinking about this thread. I read the guide when v5 was still available, because I wanted to see if Perceive could be actually implemented in v6. There is a great effort put in that thread to actually make something that looks really good. However, gameplay-wise it's just not enough.

I tried the example put in that thread, and the result is a highly-iterative mechanic, that's sort of arbitraty, y'know? I mean, the only reason I could quickly find the frame I should push is because I already knew where to look and which statement to perceive. Maybe with more work it would work, idk. There's a lot of effort put in there, I would like it to work.

Oh, but I really don't know anything about Javascript, so I doubt I could help with it. Good luck with that, and if you need a tester or something, let me know.
Thatonejimmy

Post by Thatonejimmy »

I'll probably be using your sprites in a game I'm finishing up. it has 5 parts, and I'll give you the link to the first part after I'm done. now, do you want me to list you as a collaborator?
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

Thatonejimmy wrote:I'll probably be using your sprites in a game I'm finishing up. it has 5 parts, and I'll give you the link to the first part after I'm done. now, do you want me to list you as a collaborator?
Nah. Don't worry about it. I wouldn't be able to do anything with it anyway XD If it's not a retired set then I might end up making more changes I guess but that's about all. Making sure I'm aware of your thing as soon as it's up is all I need for adding you to the permission list.
Thanks for the interest in my stuff :) What sprites are they?
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
Thatonejimmy

Post by Thatonejimmy »

mercurialSK wrote:
Thatonejimmy wrote:I'll probably be using your sprites in a game I'm finishing up. it has 5 parts, and I'll give you the link to the first part after I'm done. now, do you want me to list you as a collaborator?
Nah. Don't worry about it. I wouldn't be able to do anything with it anyway XD If it's not a retired set then I might end up making more changes I guess but that's about all. Making sure I'm aware of your thing as soon as it's up is all I need for adding you to the permission list.
Thanks for the interest in my stuff :) What sprites are they?

Ok, I used some of your Athena sprites and your Apollo Justice co- counsel sprites. I'm using the ones raijin did as well, in conjunction with superaj13's athena courtroom sprites. and I'll add you when I'm finishing my quick edits to the game. the first case is the only one avaliable for playtest at the moment though, so I figured you'd want to know before I made some of the contradictions.

EDIT:

oh, And i can't wait until the perceive thing is working. no, seriously, i want to use that in a trial, maybe even the last one in my current series?
Last edited by Broocevelt on Sun May 17, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please avoid double posting and edit your previous posts
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

Thatonejimmy wrote:oh, And i can't wait until the perceive thing is working. no, seriously, i want to use that in a trial, maybe even the last one in my current series?
If you're willing to mess with the raw trial data of your thing, I'm aiming to have the generator up for public use sometime in August XD Thanks for the interest :)

--
I did a random sprite for this assistant-themed comp. "Neil":

He's an antiquarian that likes collecting pewter spoons and has a generally everywhere fashion sense. He doesn't have a special lawyer sidekick cheating ability(TM) but the judge likes him (they're bald friends) and sometimes he persuades the judge to lighten penalties XD

And some update with dates and stuff:
The Apollo co-counsel sprites will happen right after I finish up the Athena stuff. Most likely August-September...I actually haven't been doing work on them because I need more practice. I'm hoping I'll be good enough at drawing by then.
Spoiler : ... Objection? :

Some practice and messing around XD
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

I think your sprite is awesome! He looks suave XD :april:
Also, Oh God Apollo! Is that a Nega-Apollo? Ollopa!? :tigre:
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

Ollopa definitely XD GS6 boss confirmed.
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

I was thinking Wapollo. You know, because of that whole appending the Japanese word for bad to the start of a name the Mario series did. It was undeniably high quality nomenclature.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

Reecer6 wrote:I was thinking Wapollo. You know, because of that whole appending the Japanese word for bad to the start of a name the Mario series did. It was undeniably high quality nomenclature.

Wa can't decide, both are pretty good XD
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

I've been meaning to draw Iris for ages.
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Wow, I love the colouring in this! It's so detailed! :pearl:
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

Wow! This is amazing, her hair reminds me a lot of Rose Quartz thanks to your coloring :shock:
Negatious

Post by Negatious »

Um... don`t hit me for asking, but... I`m in need of a couple custom pictures / scenes for my own trial. Namely, a crime scene picture (submittable to court and presentable along the investigation as well) and a custom scene:
Spoiler : :
a small garden shack with miscellaneous items inside, but still enough room for a human to fit inside ;)
. I`m afraid that all I can offer is full credit in my trial :/ PM me if you`d like more details, or just respond to this post for a general inquiry :) :apollo:

Greetings,
Negatious.
Hello! The name`s Negatious, a newbie at AAO! Nice to meet y`all!
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

@Negatious: I'm afraid you're in the wrong topic at present. An art request like that should be posted in the Request Topic (clearly stickied in the "Your Art" Forum).
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!