Semper Solus's Sprite Stash

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Semper Solus
Spoken languages: English, עברית, Español
Location: You know, I actually have no idea. I should probably turn off the computer and check.

Semper Solus's Sprite Stash

Post by Semper Solus »

Salutation here. I'm Semper Solus, in all of my awkwardness.

I'm making a thread to keep the sprites I make, the ones I may or may not use for my trials.

This is partly so I can receive some duly needed constructive criticism, and partly as a handy URL lookup.

Keep in mind that I am by no means an artist, just a guy with a computer who feels too limited with canon sprites sometimes.

Also, there may not be too many sprites on here. I work slowly.

Now, on to the sprites!

Canon Characters:

Spoiler : Luke Atmey :
ImageImage
I hate how slowly I work. Stupid nervous disorder.
Well, if I ever finish my first trial, Luke Atmey: Ace Attorney will be awesome.
Fun fact: The arm was originally Godot's. Why does it fit Luke's torso so perfectly?
Spoiler : Ben Woodman :
ImageImage
A simple, serviceable animation of Trilo-less Ben getting "wounded".
This is the first sprite I "made" that was used in a trial.
(honestly its just editing out trilo)
Spoiler : Phoenix Wright :
ImageImage
Phoenix Wright as a robot.
I feel really guilty for asking this in the request thread and then figuring out how to do it myself.
Robo-Wright sports a green tie. This serves two purposes:
First, it allows the Judge to tell him and Phoenix apart. :judge:
Second, it frees up palette space for more shades of green. Mecha-Nick's eyes are theoretically able to flash, dim, and--were I so inclined--shoot lasers!
Original Characters:

... Well, when I make some, they'll have a place.

Non-Sprite Art:
Spoiler : Legal Alien :
Yup. It's a xenomorph performing an "Objection" pose.
The text is Futurama's "Alienese" cipher, and it says, "I Object!", because "Objection!" was hard to squeeze into the bubble.
(i think that may be more faithful to igi ari anyway)
I made this at least a year ago, and I like to think that nowadays I'm a little better, if not at drawing, then at least at using image manipulation programs.
(color shading line control et cetera)
Spoiler : The Trial of Winston Payne :
When Winston Payne makes a trial, you know it's gonna be all self-insert.
(with hair)
He'll call the protagonist Wonston Poyne and make him "really awesome" in a badly written and juvenile way.

Music:

What? There's music now? No way. This isn't even a "sprite stash" any more.
Spoiler : Beep Boop Objection and Beep Boop Cornered :
Objection and Cornered.
You know I'm working on a trial with a robot Phoenix, right?
(yes a robot phoenix wright)
Well, he needs his own robotty music.
So I used some GBA-to-MIDI software, changed some instruments, tweaked the songs, and turned two of Feenie's trademark themes, "Objection 2004" and "Cornered 2001", into techno cyborg monstrosities.

Yeah, that's it so far.

I just like things to be in their place.
Last edited by Semper Solus on Mon May 04, 2015 5:14 am, edited 6 times in total.
mercurialSK
Spoken languages: English

Re: Semper Solus's Sprite Stash

Post by mercurialSK »

I like Atmey's sprites. They're very neat. Though there's an extra pixel under his arm and some missing pixels in the back of his head, and the far lapel's positioning makes him look large-bellied.

The anti-aliasing on Ben's arm is pretty good, though (tiny nitpick), I'd make the lineart slightly darker.

I'm definitely interested in seeing more of your work for sure.
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
Semper Solus
Location: You know, I actually have no idea. I should probably turn off the computer and check.

Post by Semper Solus »

mercurialSK wrote:I like Atmey's sprites. They're very neat. Though there's an extra pixel under his arm and some missing pixels in the back of his head, and the far lapel's positioning makes him look large-bellied.

The anti-aliasing on Ben's arm is pretty good, though (tiny nitpick), I'd make the lineart slightly darker.

I'm definitely interested in seeing more of your work for sure.
Those are actually the two things I DIDN'T make.

In the original sprite I used for Atmey's torso, found here, that "jelly belly" is actually Luke's left arm, and what is perceived as his stomach is actually his chest. I superimposed my sprite with Phoenix's, Edgeworth's, and Godot's for comparison, and discovered their pectorals are pretty much in the same place. Averting this optical illusion will be difficult.

Those are some good catches as far as the pixels go, though. Thank you. I'll fix them. :)

As for Ben, I literally just pasted Shocked!Ben's head on Normal!Ben's body. No original work whatsoever.
(lol you just criticized the actual game developers :calisto: )
mercurialSK
Spoken languages: English

Post by mercurialSK »

Semper Solus wrote:In the original sprite I used for Atmey's torso, found here, that "jelly belly" is actually Luke's left arm, and what is perceived as his stomach is actually his chest. I superimposed my sprite with Phoenix's, Edgeworth's, and Godot's for comparison, and discovered their pectorals are pretty much in the same place. Averting this optical illusion will be difficult.
Oh, right. That artist's style. My bad.

What I guess makes yours different is the sizes/angle of the head... so moving the lapel will be easier than redoing the head.
As for Ben, I literally just pasted Shocked!Ben's head on Normal!Ben's body. No original work whatsoever.
(lol you just criticized the actual game developers :calisto: )
... :roll:
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
Semper Solus

Post by Semper Solus »

How's this Atmey? Better?
(why is this so haaaard)

Semper Solus

Post by Semper Solus »

Definitely by now legal double post.

Here is the updated Luke Atmey design:
Spoiler : With conditioner! :
I kind of like it better, but I'm going to wait for feedback on the hair, and work on another character in the interim.

Something else that's kind of cool:
Spoiler : Can't have a trial starring Luke Atmey without... :
(credit to maplerose for the font)
I seem to have finally lucked into a semester of easy classes.
It's time to get to work.
:nod:

(also edited the first post to account for the robot phoenix)
(idk if thats worth mentioning)