[Closed] Minecraft Ace Attorney: The Official Soundtrack

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

1230james
Spoken languages: English

Re: Minecraft Ace Attorney: The Official Soundtrack

Post by 1230james »

MuseScore is a decent tool. (Free too! :D)

The only problem with MuseScore is it sometimes gets complicated, the instruments are realistic (no 8-bit here, sorry :C), AND you can't save your work as an .MP3 file. (However, you CAN save it as a .MID and use a synthesizer, or save it as a .WAV or .OGG and use a convertor.)
Work in progress stuff. Links go nowhere significant yet, so don't bother clicking.
ImageImage
V3R

Post by V3R »

Thank you.
DeeYo
Spoken languages: Hungarian, English, some Russian, Spanish, German

Post by DeeYo »

1230james wrote:MuseScore is a decent tool. (Free too! :D)

The only problem with MuseScore is it sometimes gets complicated, the instruments are realistic (no 8-bit here, sorry :C), AND you can't save your work as an .MP3 file. (However, you CAN save it as a .MID and use a synthesizer, or save it as a .WAV or .OGG and use a convertor.)
You /can/ download additional soundfonts to use in place of the default soundfont.
However, the problems with MuseScore are more than what you described: there is also the instrument limit, the playback cracking noise, the rather narrow range of instruments you can choose (unless you tinker with the menus), no crescendos (your only way to change volume is a rather arbitrarily set set of dynamic markings), and did I mention that no matter how great your drums soundfont is, you can only use 10 (or so) of these sounds in the drum channel UNLESS you make a drum beat in a MELODY channel and copy-paste it into the drum channel?

Total times sued: 10328
UltrawaveStudios

Post by UltrawaveStudios »

Lind wrote:
dananddiana wrote:
V3R wrote:What do people generally use to make soundtracks for the editor?
Whatever they like to use. :/
I'm pretty sure they were asking for examples.
I can't assume what everybody likes to use... :/
I'm not really good at music myself, so I don't really pay attention to what goes around in the music making world.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I use FL Studio. Pretty great DAW (though not sure how friendly it is for composing)
UltrawaveStudios

Thank you CedricDewitt for creating the new testimony themes! Have a listen for those of you who haven't already.
CedricDewitt

Post by CedricDewitt »

dananddiana wrote:Thank you CedricDewitt for creating the new testimony themes! Have a listen for those of you who haven't already.
It was my pleasure. :apollo:
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Sorry, but if that's what I had to listen to in a fangame, I'd just mute the sound :|

1230james

Post by 1230james »

drvonkitty wrote:Sorry, but if that's what I had to listen to in a fangame, I'd just mute the sound :|

No objections there. :gumshoe:
Work in progress stuff. Links go nowhere significant yet, so don't bother clicking.
ImageImage
UltrawaveStudios

Is there ANYBODY who wants to help make music? CedricDewitt can't do it all himself...
1230james

Post by 1230james »

dananddiana wrote:Is there ANYBODY who wants to help make music? CedricDewitt can't do it all himself...
Well, my mind ran dry.

It might help if you made some bases for us to use? :gumshoe:
It would help me, at least.
ImageImage
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

To be perfectly frank, why do you NEED custom music? A trial can work perfectly fine with music from the regular AA games, and there's plenty of other sources to get music from - other DS games and the like.

UltrawaveStudios

drvonkitty wrote:To be perfectly frank, why do you NEED custom music? A trial can work perfectly fine with music from the regular AA games, and there's plenty of other sources to get music from - other DS games and the like.
I just feel like my case would be better with custom music. I use AA music as placeholders but I don't think they should stay.
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

drvonkitty wrote:To be perfectly frank, why do you NEED custom music? A trial can work perfectly fine with music from the regular AA games, and there's plenty of other sources to get music from - other DS games and the like.
That's like asking why you need sauce on a burger. Sure, it doesn't need it, but it sure tastes better with it.
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Lind wrote:That's like asking why you need sauce on a burger. Sure, it doesn't need it, but it sure tastes better with it.
True, but if you're poor and can't afford that sauce, then sometimes it's best to just accept that you're not going to be able to get it.