Mr. John Doe's Music [Updated July 22 2014]

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Mr.JohnDoe
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu)

Re: Mr. John Doe's Music

Post by Mr.JohnDoe »

Danielinhoni wrote:What programs do you use to produce music, if you don't mind sharing? And where did you get those high quality sound banks? They really sound great :)
Thank you :)
For the orchestral instruments and percussion, I use East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra. For drumsets, I use EZDrummer on the default preset (maybe some EQ touch up here and there). For some added reverb effects, I use Ambience (a free vst).
My DAW is FL Studio.

Though I've gotten by with some awesome free orchestral soundfonts that I've found here in the past. :)
Lind wrote:Honestly, I think the tempo is way too low for it to be a Pursuit theme, but it would make a fantastic Objection theme.
Thank you!
Mr.JohnDoe

Re: Mr. John Doe's Music [Updated July 16 2014]

Post by Mr.JohnDoe »

Updated my thread. I changed the name of Pursuit ~ Caught to Objection ~ You're Lying! because it fits more as an Objection theme.
Also made a new Pursuit theme with a bit more of an upbeat feel and faster tempo.
Pursuit ~ In Our Hands

I hope I'm not updating this too frequently xP I don't want to seem spammy.
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

Spammy? Are you kidding? We don't get nearly enough people who make music on here, this is a welcome change.

At work right now, will listen to it when I get home.
Zohar the Shiny
Spoken languages: English

Post by Zohar the Shiny »

Wait a minute... You made that song in ONE DAY!? Please spare me from further feelings of inadequacy by telling me that you've been working on it for a while. (Okay, so I'm mostly kidding, but how long have you been working on it?)
Mr.JohnDoe

Post by Mr.JohnDoe »

Zohar the Shiny wrote:Okay, so I'm mostly kidding, but how long have you been working on it?
The last one I posted I worked on for a day and a half. If I added the hours that I worked on it, probably about 10-15 I'd say. I already had an idea in mind before I made it so it didn't take me too long. If I don't have a vision in my mind (and subsequently can't find one), it can take anywhere from a couple days to a week.
Mr.JohnDoe

Post by Mr.JohnDoe »

Hey guys. I've still been making music, I've just been silently updating the main post since I don't think these songs really deserved an update by themselves, since they're simple and I'll probably end up redoing them at some point.
But I think three meh songs warrants some kind of update.
Cross Examination ~ Moderate 2014
This song is very unoriginal right off the bat. I was listening to the CE songs for an idea on how to piece this. I put a lot of effort into trying to make it not sound like a blatant rip-off that somehow it ended up exactly like that. Bah. Alas, here it is.
Cross Examination ~ Allegro 2014
This is the slightly edited version of the CE theme. It's still pretty "eh".
Thinking Man's Logic
I had fun composing this even though it's incredibly simple (it's not intended to be running as the bgm for too long). Then I realized once I finished and exported the .mp3 that it sounds really similar to the GS Orchestra's version of the logic theme for AAI. Even the instrumentation is similar D:

So yeah, that's what I've got for now. I'll probably do them again once I get a wave of inspiration. I haven't felt much inspired lately :(
Oocca
Spoken languages: English

Re: Mr. John Doe's Music [Updated July 22 2014]

Post by Oocca »

Hi,

Being a musician myself I really enjoy the way you've used the instruments in your music. It's really great to know I'm not alone- although, I just joined the forum even though I've been playing AAO for a long time.

Suggestion: When working with EastWest QL instruments, it really helps to lower/heighten the velocity for specific notes on a timeline depending on the mood of a specific part of a song- you can do some really great stuff with EastWest QL, but you have to learn how to master it; to be able to mould it in your hands like clay, yes?

I posted my own thread in the art board. If you want, you can listen to some of my tracks there- I'd appreciate some criticizm myself :3

Have a great day,
-Oocca