Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Re: Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): Costume Party

Post by gotMLK7 »

Outside the Gym

Jackie's eyes widened, as if surprised by Gwen's positivity. Tears started to swell, and a goofy smile cracked on her face. "Ahaha...o-oh god, I..." She sniffled, and wiped her eyes with her wrist. "Oh god, I'm sorry, I look so...so...guh, t-thank you. Thank you, so much, I...okay."

She took in one more deep breath, and looked Gwen in the eyes.

"Gwen, I...I think you're amazing. You're gorgeous, and nice, and cool, and...and I haven't felt like this in such a long time! I've never felt like...like I really cared about someone like this. Like...y-you know...more than a friend. And I know! I know it's...it's really soon to say that. And I'm...not...w-well, never mind that. But...I get it, if you don't...f-feel the same way I do. About you. I...know I'm really rushing into things here. I might regret even asking this. But my chest is hurting, and my head is spinning, and...I need to ask. Even if I know the answer already, I just...I gotta try!"

Jackie grabbed Gwen's hands again, and pulled her closer.

"Gwen! Will you go out with-"

"Jacqueline."

Jackie froze in place. Her hands grew stiff. Then, they started to shake. Her face, so full of warmth and determination a moment ago, grew cold. And fearful.

"What on earth are you doing?"

Behind Gwen, the young man with the orange hair had turned the corner. He was looking down on the two girls, glaring directly at Jackie. It was a cold, distant glare. One not of anger, but of judgment.

"R-R-Robert...." Jackie could barely mumble out his name. She slowly let go of Gwen's hands, her arms slumping down to her sides. "W...What are...you...?"

The young man, Robert, ignored her question. "You look a complete mess, and I find you in this situation. And after that dreadful display on stage...do you seek to humiliate us further, Jacqueline?" He sneered. "What a miserable little thing this school has turned you to."

Jackie lost balance in her legs, slumping down to her knees. She couldn't look at Gwen anymore. She just stared emptily at the floor.

Robert turned towards Gwen. This time, his glare was more aggressive. "And pray tell...who are you, and what do you think you're doing fraternizing with my sister?"
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

DSY
Spoken languages: English

Post by DSY »

Outside Gym

Seeing 'Someone' wander off, Job lazily follows.

While she is not to knowledgeable of the campus herself, she seems to have been here longer than 'Someone' judging by his questions.

Getting lost wouldn't be any good, and since no one else was around Job took it upon herself to be his guide.

She quietly follows him to a side of the Gym that was particularly secret considering the surrounding area.

While making her abnormally slow decent to where 'Someone' had gone, Job over hears a remnant of their conversation, but not fully being able to make sense of it.

She considered that she should probably ignore the discussion as eavesdropping was very rude, but before long her feet carried her right to 'Someone' yet again and she became present to the event unfolding.

Hearing what she heard and seeing what she's seen, Job's initial response surfaced without any hesitation.

"Oh, so your name is 'Robert'." She says casually pointing to the young man.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Outside the Gym:

All throughout Jackie's lovestruck ramble, Miss Brite stood there smiling her gentle smile, giggling every here and there. She was taking it all in, basking in the warm glow of Jackie's opinion of her, letting it fuel her ego even more. She almost felt bad about it. Almost. She could feel her heart pounding as Jackie was preparing to ask the question she had been anticipating for some time now, much as she tried to hide it. Gwen should've been able to believe she was about to do this. She'd done it plenty before, although never really this long-term, and never with a girl. This was going to be... different, to say the least.

"Jacqueline."

Gwen whirled around to see someone standing there, and the only way he could've looked more preppy was if his outfit was actually centered. Gwen threw up in her mouth a little bit looking at it. Beige and gold?! Seriously?! But other than that, Gwen felt... like this was a lot to take in. Gwen remembered Jackie telling her that she had a brother, but she didn't expect to meet him so soon. The way he was acting... honestly made Jackie's decision to dissociate look pretty justified.

"Y'know, I feel like I should be really angry right now, but for some reason, I'm not. I think I'm more confused than anything... Like, you're on about her embarrassing your family or something, and then you go and make that display your first impression. And then after you make that your first impression, you just expect me to go along with your whims like everything's just fine? If that's how you're going to introduce yourself, I don't think you deserve to know who I am!"

Then she whirled back around to face Jackie. "But most importantly, I thought you told me your family didn't care what you did anymore. Do you have any idea what's going on here?" Before she could get an answer, she heard Number One's voice and saw her standing there, out of costume.

"Oh hey girl! Didn't really like the costume, I take it? Listen, I don't think this is a very good place for you to be right now..." Gwen's attention kept shifting between everyone, a look of concern on her face. Anything could happen right now, and Gwen tried to prepare herself mentally for whatever may come.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Outside the Gym

"Fine, then I don't care who you are," Robert said bluntly to Gwen. "If you're just a faceless mass in my memory, I consider it a blessing. But I don't need someone in such scandalous attire associating with my sister, so I'm going to have to ask you to trot off somewhere else now."

Robert walked past Gwen without so much as looking her in the eye. He instead stared down at Jackie, who was murmuring to herself on her knees.

"You went and told these know-nothings that we did not care about you?"

No response.

"Come now, Jacqueline...You know that isn't true."

Jackie looked up to him, almost pleadingly.

"...It's very important to the Pemberly name that everyone present a respectable image at all times. Regardless of your thoughts on us, it's of the highest importance to us that you do not embarrass our precious family name at this...lecherous excuse for an academy."

Jackie slumped back down with a defeated chuckle. "Right...right..."

"And frankly, I've been here barely 20 minutes, and I'm already not impressed with what I have seen!" Robert adjusted the wrists of his sleeve and looked to the campus in disgust. "These affluent prodigies of the most influential families in the world, dressing up and dancing? On a study night? Despicable! And look at you! You're practically nude. And I thought you had officially lost all your sense up there on that stage, in that ludicrous, hideous attire! I'm baffled a mob of reporters has yet to burst down the door of the Pemberly Estate to stick our heads upon pikes, if this is your average night as this poor excuse for an education facility. Luckily we have not faced such public humiliation, yet..."

He crossed his arms and took a few steps back, so that he could glare at all three of the girls - Jackie, Gwen, and even Job.

"...It seems that not even this waste of fine money has security strong enough to snuff out every member of the paparazzi. It was for a no-name paper and was quickly quelled, but how appalled we were to see the daughter of the most powerful people in the world scantily clad, playing with infantile toys on the beach with a lot of low-life degenerates. Tell me, do you all wish to be the death of your families? Because that is how you welcome ruin. And the Pemberlys do not accept ruin!"

He snapped his fingers and pointed condescendingly at the girls. "And here I find you singing, and partying, and...and fraternizing! And here I thought you would have grown out of this after middle school, Jacqueline!"

Jackie was shaking, and sinking lower to the ground.

"This so-called school!" Robert continued, passionately, "is nothing but a plague! A disease that is poisoning the minds of the next generation's finest leaders! And as per my duty as the son of the esteemed Pemberly family, I shall not rest until I personally see to its complete eradication!"
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

TinyHat

Post by TinyHat »

Gymnasium - Isabelle:

“So that’s Jackie?” She pointed toward the stage. The Rocket Surgeons started performing. She didn’t know the song, but she knew that she didn’t like it. The cackle was more annoying than interesting. Not to mention that it was a little bit loud.

What kind of band is this? Isabelle covered her ears but could not manage to silence the music. The performance ended. It left Isabelle in a very bad mood. Isabelle turned to Karen and asked ”What the hell was that?”

------------------------

Room 354 - Thomas:

Poe! Thomas’s roommate had just mentioned the wondrous Poe. Everything said after that just went in one ear and out of the other. Someone understood him!

Thomas rushed up and hugged Lewis. A startled Lenore started to fly around the room. Once again, time seemed to stand still. After several minutes, he finally stopped hugging Lewis. He stood awkwardly, being silent for a while surveying Lewis’s now dusty clothes. Eventually he just started to stare at the floor. He turned a bit pink as well.

He needed to say something. “If tea is as you say, an elixir of the gods, then I should try it one day.”
DSY

Post by DSY »

Outside Gym

As Job listened to Roberts grand claims she felt a strange feeling wash over her. Her body felt heavy somehow, and a sort of chill crawled unpleasently up her spine. Her normally dull and neutral face twisted in feelings if displeasure as Job openly...frowned.

Job put herself between the disputing parties like a makeshift shield. "Excuse me, Mr. Robert, but i feel you are being far to rude with Miss Jacqueline."

While often monotone, and still rather dry, Job now spoke with clear distaste for Roberts actions.

"It is very clear she is in discomfort about your accusations and presents in general. I admit i do not know the status of your relationship but i dont need to to know that it cannot be heathly and i disapprove 100%"

With that she crossed her arms, froming an X as to give a physical representation of her whole speach.

Which, having concluded, prompted Job to turn to the cowering 'Jacqueline'.

"That being said, you are rather undressed."

With this, Job removes her red jacket, and offers it to Jackie.
Spoiler : OOC :
My comp broke so im posting on a phone until i can get a new one... so basically forever. Luckly or unluckly im way to stubborn to let that stop me from posting.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Outside the Gym - Gwendalyn:

"Wait what NO! THAT'S NOT HOW THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO GOOOO!" Gwendalyn whined while Robert breezed past her. "You were supposed to be all like, 'Oh heavens! I currently see the error of my ways! I now endeavor to be a more respectful person!' And then we all be friends!"

While Robert was talking, Gwen had whipped out her phone and started typing stuff on it. Who knew what it was, though the rate at which her thumbs were moving said that it must have been pretty urgent. Under her breath, she kept making smart remarks about what Robert was saying... until the very end.

"This so-called school is nothing but a plague! A disease that is poisoning the minds of the next generation's finest leaders! And as per my duty as the son of the esteemed Pemberly family, I shall not rest until I personally see to its complete eradication!"

Gwendalyn suddenly stopped all motor processes in order to digest this information. The usual beam across her face had disappeared momentarily, though returned shortly as she pocketed her phone. "Aaaaaand now I'm angry~!" If she hadn't explicitly said it, one could be forgiven for thinking that little tidbit flew over her head, as she was otherwise acting largely the same. She sashayed toward Robert. "Listen, buddy. I'm using this place right now. You can do whatever you want with it when I'm done, 'kay? And maaaaybe pooooossibly suffer some miiiiinor repercussions in the process, but that's neither here nor there." Gwen motormouthed the last part noticeably quieter than the rest of it and paused, a pensive look on her face, before animating again.

"Well~! Guess now's just as good a time as any to drop this bomb. I'm not here to go to school, sillies! I mean come on. Why would I need to go back to school? I'm successful enough already! Nope~! I'm here on business! Some upstart marketing company decided to reach out to me, and I decided to give them a shot. It wasn't too much later that they decided to contact one Headmaster Cloverfield, and~ likely through name recognition I was pretty easily able to land a gig here! So! It's my job to promote this place, furthering my career and supporting small businesses at the same time! Three birds with one stone! Take notes, kids. We call that efficiency!" She fired a finger gun and winked in a nonspecific direction.

"Now, I really don't want to rush this kind of thing, but if everything goes right, and they'd better go right, the cameras are scheduled to be here tomorrow morning! I hope I can make clear how super! Duper! Important it is to me that this doesn't get messed up! So I need you all to..." Gwen started running toward Jackie.

"Pick yourselves up!"

She suddenly grabbed Jackie's wrists, and with a grunt of physical exertion, attempted to pull Jackie up to her feet, before rushing over to Job.

"Put on your best smiles!"

She gently, but firmly jammed her index fingers into Job's face, near the corners of her mouth. With one firm motion, she raised the tips of her fingers, forcing a smile onto Job's face. She then turned to Robert, holding out her fingers in two L shapes, mimicking a camera frame.

"And our esteemed special guest... needs to stop being him. Like, just stop. Everything. Be a better you! But like, better by a faceless mass in your memories' standards. Not yours. And for the love of- change your outfit! Sweetie, you look disgusting. Seriously, I think my dog vomited those colors once, and I'm about to do the same! If it lands right, I'd bet only the four of us will be the wiser... BLECH!!! Anyways! It's been fun, but I should probably head back in! Got a loooooot of people to meet! Stay Shiny, everyone~!" Before properly leaving, she shot one last finger gun toward Jackie. "Oh! Girl! I'm still on for that meeting after the party's done! Don't forget~! Buh-byyyyye!"

She started sashaying away toward the door Jackie had taken her out of, excitedly shouting something about an appointment at her hair salon. Soon, she reached the door. Absolutely certain she was out of earshot of everyone, Gwendalyn let out a furious, exasperated sigh, briefly dropping the facade. Even though she was sure she wouldn't be heard, her voice for the most part dropped to a mutter, just in case.

"Grraaaaahhhhh... Just great. NOW what the hell do I do?! Bad enough that b**** wants to start some relationship bulls*** with me, and now that dog-vomit b****** is gonna ruin everything! I can feel it! Oooookaaaay. Deep breaths, Summers. He might be a bit harder to crack, but you'll find his weakness. You always do. You're... a tentative four for four right now. And that girl isn't half-bad. There's a reason you're in this. Just stay on her good side, and keep everything on the down-low, and you'll be fine. You got this. Now... showtime." She put her plastic smile back on, threw open the door, and resumed being ready to party.

Air Hockey Table - Flo:

There were a few minutes of awkward silence. Flo was slowly, steadily picking herself back up after the big performance. She looked over towards Matthew, unable to really say anything, wishing she were able to see Jazz anywhere within the giant crowd. Not able to hold eye contact for long, her eyes drifted to the air hockey paddle in her hand... She didn't remember picking that up... weird. But whatever. That wasn't the point, and it wasn't the time right now. She cleared her throat to try to get Matthew's attention.

"Uh. Hey. Weren't we going to play earlier? And then that group started playing... Hmm. Or if you don't want to play anymore, I understand that, too! I don't want to force you to do something you don't want to do, right?" Flo did her best to make that not sound like a guilt-trip, adding on the usual beam across her face to hopefully get that across better.
DSY

Post by DSY »

Outside the Gym

Job blinks, face blank in total confusion.

Which, much like putting shoes on an Elephant... doesn't actually make her look any different.

"Um, well then." Job says, eyes turning from Mrs. Brite back to Jackie.

"You should really put this on, it's quite cold out here." She says, referring to her jacket.

------------------------------

Inside the Gym

Somewhere in a corner of the gym, a tiny little tune started to hum.

A tiny little tune barely hear able to anyone given it's source.

Well in the back, drowned out by the cover of the louder dancing games, and karaoke sat a tiny little Idol, humming a tiny little tune.

....Okay so she wasn't THAT small but it's a word play.

"Maybe I just needed a little time to relax." Lia wonders, "I don't evn remember what got me all down anymore. And maybe I shouldn't think bout it neither."

And so Lia sat, humming a sad little tune.

"Hey guys, mind if I play next game?" She calls to the students dancing around.
gotMLK7

Re: Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Post by gotMLK7 »

A NEW MORNING

Last night's costume party came and went - it felt like it could have lasted forever, but it was eventually dispersed by the teachers once it reached curfew. The students returned to their dorms for the night (or to wherever they might spend their nights) and the gymnasium cleaned. Food, dancing, and live musical entertainment - the party seemed, to the school staff, to be a resounding success in maintaining student morale.

But the sun has fallen and risen again. And now, it is a new morning at Shelvington Academy.

*DING DONG DIIIING*

The school bell chimed.

"Attention, students! While we are aware many of you are tired from last night, reminder that is is indeed a school day, and you will be expected to attend classes soon. You will be informed of today's events by your teachers. Thank you, and have a pleasant day."

*DING DONG DIIIIING*

The new day has come.
Spoiler : Welcome Back to Shelvington Academy :
By popular demand, Shelvington Academy is back up and running!

As I informed people in Discord, we will be starting from a new day rather than attempting to finish up the Costume Party. This is both for the sake of new players who wish to join in late, and old players who can't afford to catch up. Apologies if you never got to do things you wanted at the party, but this seems generally easier for the majority involved.

That said, I hope you enjoy the return! We'll have our typical morning stuff, then likely skip past actual education to get to the fun. If you want to jump into the RP now, this is a good time!

Also, since a lot of users are MIA, expect a relocation of dormmates as deemed appropriate once we have an idea of our cast.
----

Room 305

"NNNNGGGGYYUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH."

Crashed upon her bed, Nina Valentine groaned almost immediately upon waking up. Limbs outspread and wearing a random t-shirt and shorts, not even getting under th covers, she seemed particularly uncomfortable that morning.

"I can't....feel...anythiiiiing....."

The night prior, Nina had worn a full suit of knight armor personally fashioned out of a recycled ferrari, which she crafted with rushed care using her particularly absurd strength. The costume worked well and Nina was proud of it.

But.

"Everything hurts...everything is spinning...I can't breeeeeathe......Guuuuuh..."

Between the weight and the heat, the phantom pains left from wearing the armor were...not great.

Nina slowly shuffled herself to the side of her bed. She pushed up against it slowly but surely, feeling every muscle in her body scream with every minor movement. Eventually, though, she managed to sit up. She looked a mess with ruffled hair, sweaty shirt, and bags under her bags under her eyes. She managed to get on her feet, and slooooowly grabbed her clothes for the day.

"Heeeey," she proclaimed to her roommate, whom she wasn't actually sure was there or not but was too tired to check, "I'mgonn'...take showerrr..." She slurred over her own words in her tired stupor, but shuffled towards the shower nonetheless. The lesson she learned from all this was that absurd power did not mean her stamina was invincible.

"Mngh...I got some Z's but I hurt to hell and back," she complained to herself as she grabbed her towel. "I swear, I had to have gotten the worst sleep in the whole school last night..."

----

Room 302

Jackie Crow did not sleep last night.

Staring up at the ceiling with eyes that were dry only because there weren't any tears left for shedding, Jackie, dressed in the same sweaty tank top and oversized boxers that she had left the party in, found herself unable to fully process what went down last night.

She met a girl who was nice and who helped her a lot, Gwen Summers.

She gave a kickass performance on stage, one of her best in a while.

She nearly confessed her love and asked Gwen out.

And then...Robert Pemberly.

"This is so effed up," she muttered to herself from bed. "Why...Why?" After a lengthy period of silent moping, Jackie suddenly felt really, really mad for no good reason. She grit her teeth and grabbed her pillow. "God DAMN IT!" She tossed the pillow as hard as she could at the wall opposite the beds, hitting with a loud THUD before sliding to the ground. Jackie buried her face in her hands and crashed back down onto the bed. "Dammit...dammit, dammit, dammit..." she mumbled beneath her hands. She was so close. And this happened. "Goddammit...What did I do..."

All she could remember from last night was her brother suddenly arriving and chastising her, and then a blur of people arguing. She didn't pay attention to what Gwen or Job had said after Robert came along - she must have gone into a panic attack, because she could only remember Robert saying things and a cacophony of muffles. Once she gained enough sense from that, she just ran off, without a second word to anybody else there. She returned to her dorm and cried into her pillow for at least an hour or two, before just...staring at the ceiling until morning. She must not have looked very cool to anyone in those moments.

Jackie dropped her hands to her chest, already feeling the water return to her eyes once again. "Why me...?"

----

The Parking Lot

After the party was over, the Rocket Surgeons, unwilling to leave so late at night, remained asleep after a late night of partying in their bus, kept parked in the school lot across as many different parking spaces as they could cover.

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Saturn or something

Kyouji lay there, dreaming within a dream, lying comfortably on Saturn and completely unaware of how illogical this was. He felt somewhat uncomfortable on the planet's surface, so he got up without waking up, and somehow sleep-jumped onto one of Saturn's rings. Holding onto the ring, he felt safer, as if he were holding his tiger plush without a care in the world. He yawned, rubbing the sleep out of his eye, and took a look around the far reaches of space. The stars shone brightly and after getting enough rest, he decided to take a walk. He left Saturn and journeyed towards the stars, running towards them. The star in his eye sparkled.

He realized that just like how he had a star in his eye, so too did everyone else. Even if not literally. Every human being and bond was precious and irreplaceable. He walked towards the star, wishing that he could get to know them all. Yet he knew that this wasn't possible. And yet this wasn't something that he was pessimistic about. Instead, he felt happiness in his heart, because he knew that it meant that the stars that he met were that much more precious. And those that approached him had also decided that he was worth having in their lives.

The stars shined brightly, far apart and yet close, as he merrily skipped around waving to as many of them as he could.

Reality, Earth, somewhere in Kyouji's Room

The sun would come and go and come back again, and yet it seemed like Kyouji Kamishiro's smile was constant. That wasn't to say there weren't moments when he was sad, but his infectious cheer was currently undisturbed. It hadn't taken long for him to realize that the wondrous dream he had was just that: a dream, and yet he felt like there was no reason that it should end. After all, even if that reality was fake, the emotions he felt were very real. The happiness he wanted to share was very real too, and he decided that it was best to carry that momentum forward and try to make as many friends as possible.

He was still pretty new as a student. Still, that just meant more chances for unique encounters. He got up out of his bed, realizing that he had gotten into his room at some point. He thought about how that had happened, and decided that maybe his dream was partially accurate and he had sleepwalked home. In actuality, he had gotten there normally and changed out of his costume, but he failed to remember that because his dream had felt like it had taken so long. More proof of how real it felt. But he couldn't just live within dreams, so he decided that there was a border between healthy dreaming and unhealthy dreaming, a border that he would maneuver by making precious memories in reality.

Kyouji whistled to himself as he got through his morning preparations, and then decided to make breakfast for himself. He wanted to prepare a feast, but decided that it would be better to split it into two portions, one of which he would take. He prepared a very standard bento using fish and rice, remarkable only in how fast and efficient he was. It was his father who had taught him how to prepare food. Kyouji had been trained in survivalist skills and could live on far less, but he liked food. A lot. So whenever he had the chance, he wanted to enjoy it as best he could, and that was why his father had taught him. It was a practical survival skill too, so there was that. He finished placing all of the food into one bento box, and then prepared roughly the same amount for the other. One box was tiger-themed, the other was designed to look like a treasure chest. Satisfied with his morning preparations, Kyouji stepped out of his room, one box in each hand.

And then he waited outside of his room, looking to the left and to the right very quickly. He couldn't wait to meet a new friend and share food with them!

... Oh. Wait. What if they ate breakfast before coming outside, or they were vegetarian and therefore didn't eat fish...?

... Right! Of course! He would just need to remake the meal for lunch. That wasn't an issue. He whistled a happy tune to himself while he waited.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Room 302:

Ok, let's do this one more time. My name is Isis Shields.

You're probably wondering how I got into this situation. A couple days ago, I was the esteemed-- Well, kind-of-esteemed adopted daughter of the Shields family, when one day, my sister who loves me dearly decided to drop me on this deadbeat island school for NO REASON.

Then a lot of stuff happened, I kicked some ass, wrecked some sh*t, y'know, typical badass stuff-- Then for no reason they decide to stick me in a suit, hand me a broom and tell me I'm a butler now, and I gotta clean every bathroom on this island.

Did you know there's an entire wing of the academy that's nothing but f*cking bathrooms????

I would have been at it all night-- But cleverly, I found a way out. See, they gave me some weird sprays to use to clean the toilets, and I couldn't possibly care which one to use, so I just used them all. Turns out: that makes poisonous gas. Unfortunately, I didn't die, so I woke up in the infirmary. When they checked me and said I was good to go, they sent me back to my room.

So here I am, genius that I am, coming back to my room at what, 9 am, to hopefully just get back to sleep. I deserve it; I've had the hardest day of anyone in this school.

Isis wasn't sure what she expected to see when she drowsily opened the door to her room, but her roommate, half-dressed and staring blankly, streaks of tears running down her face. Isis could only really rub her eyes confusedly, wondering what exactly happened. It felt like it'd been years since she'd last seen the diminutive rocker-- Was she supposed to have any idea how to deal with this?

Oh god what do i do. Should I leave? I should leave. I'm just gonna close the door, and...

She halted, though-- Maybe cause she seemed to recall that it wasn't so long ago that there'd been a girl alone, sobbing into her knees at the school, who just wanted her big sister to come back and hug her.

Isis bit her lip, then entered, closing the door. It's my room, after all. I shouldn't have to leave. She rationalized.

"...Um. Hey..." Isis said, glancing more in Jackie's general direction than particularly at her. "Some night huh. Not that I'd know, I was out for most of it. Not that I particularly care, but... You doing alright?"
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Room 301 - Jazmine:

Jazmine slammed down on her alarm clock. The first thing she saw after cleaning her glasses and putting them on was the bronze gown she had worn to the party last night, along with the mask that had been signed by one "HELLRAISER".

...That mask was the school's property, wasn't it?

Whatever. She had just gotten up, and the usually reliable Jazmine was in no mood for responsibility. She was in the mood for her daily coffee. She would've been worried she'd built a dependency to the caffeine by now if she weren't so focused on getting it into her system. And also getting breakfast. That was important. And slightly concerning that she couldn't remember if she had breakfast yesterday, or if she had anything in the dorm. That didn't mean she had to actually go out and get something, did it? This early? People weren't meant to be up at this ungodly hour of... whatever time it was. It was too early for... much of anything. Jazmine didn't know how Flo did this kind of stuff with nearly as much grace as she did.

Still a bit groggy, and coffee in hand, Jazmine wandered outside to see... Oh, hell no. It was that happy-go-lucky idiot from yesterday... That guy that all the other girls seemed so enamored with yesterday in the classroom. What did he even have that was so charming, anyways? Whatever it was, Jazmine didn't see it. Besides, however much she decided she liked it, her heart was reaching out to a different guy. However, she did notice that the kid had food with him, and she let out a low groan. ...She didn't have to talk to him, did she?

Just don't make eye contact. Maybe he won't notice you're here...

Room 304 - Flo:

Flo's eyes fluttered open, though her eyes took a short while to fully focus. Flo rubbed the crust out of the corners of her eyes with her knuckles, and noticed that her breath was stale in her mouth. Her hair was still a mess of tangles from yesterday, and it soon dawned on her that the only thing in her fridge was instant noodles. For some reason, this felt like it should've been a horrible morning, but other than one startled awakening last night due to a nightmare involving that weird clown girl, she felt pretty rested! Jazz always judged her for being a morning person. She never knew why.

"Good moooooorning~!" Flo sang toward the bunch of blankets on the neighboring bed. She didn't catch if Karen Ferdinand was actually underneath there or not, or even if she had entered the room. If she was under there, then Flo was being polite. If she wasn't, nobody would know she was talking to nothing. Flo saw no downsides to this. She cooked herself a package of noodles, hoping Jazz wouldn't be too upset at her if she didn't make coffee again this morning.

The noodles tasted like she was eating paper. Still though. This was a better morning than last! It was a rocky start, but she could get used to this!

Room 305 - Gwendalyn:

UV Brite didn't sleep at all.

Only part of this was due to stress of events that happened last night. More of it was stress of things that didn't happen. She had spent most of her night waiting for the camera crew that had promised to show up "in the morning," with no further stated time. In hindsight, she felt like a massive fool for it. She had a pounding headache, and didn't know which cause was most likely: the fact that she hadn't had anything to eat or drink since the party ended other than two whole pots of coffee, all of the caffeine intake she had done in the past number of hours, staring at her laptop for the entire night - no matter how dim she had the screen, general lack of sleep, or a brain tumor finally setting in.

She closed out some ten or twelve tabs on her computer one by one, realizing how careless she had been around her new roommate. Fortunately, it seemed like that Valentine girl was even more out of it and miserable than she was. Click. Click. Click. There went all of the celebrity social media pages she was stalking. Click. Click. Click. Underground news sites. Click. Cute animal videos. Click. Click. Click. Big news sites. That only left her various e-mail addresses, some of which looked far more professional than others. She logged herself out of them and closed those down as well. She took as deep a breath as she could under the circumstances, and tried to focus on literally anything else going on around her... like how that girl took a shower with robot hands.

...Somehow, that reminded her that after that much coffee, her teeth were going to look awful. She popped some gum into her mouth for right now, and started rapidly pacing the room, waiting for Nina to get done in the bathroom.

"Hey! Don't use up all the hot water in there, 'kay?!" Gwen called out to Nina, trying to sound pleasant through her sleepless night and miserable headspace.
Drey Wilkins
Spoken languages: English + Scraps of Russian

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Spoiler : :
For the fourth, and hopefully final time, I present, Kabuo Manami. Version 4.0 comes with a more socially-aware understanding racial phenotypes, and a hyphenated surname!
Spoiler : Character Application :
Name: Kabuo Bennett-Manami

Likes: Though frequent illnesses have prevented any serious commitment, Kabuo enjoys running, and was part of his School's track team in Osaka. He also enjoys playing the piano, a skill that can still be practised through his constant ails. When all else is denied him, Kabuo enjoys the simple pleasure of a good book.

Dislikes: Kabuo has an aversion to social gatherings, in part due to his anxiety, and in part due to the infection risk they represent. Kabuo has a long-running history of illnesses and ailments, attributed to his underdeveloped immune system. He can easily contract almost any kind of illness through very short term exposure, and anything worse than a cold can leave him effectively crippled for weeks while he recovers. Due to this blow to his constitution, Kabuo has an aversion to most forms of exertion and mingling with large groups.

Appearance: Despite his name, Kabuo's skin complexion and facial structure is that of a pale Caucasian - a feature that has been the source of much trouble for him. He is thinner than most people, and at 6'1" he stands a good hand taller than most of his classmates. This is normally not noticeable, as he nearly always stoops or slouches when standing so as not to draw attention to himself.

Kabuo's head boasts sharp blue eyes and light brown hair, which can make him look quite sickly when coupled with his pale face. His facial structure is angular, with his jawline sharper than normal and a 'sad' downward tilt to the corners of his mouth when he isn't smiling - which is most of the time.

Under pressure from his status-hungry family to represent them well, Kabuo wears black dress pants along with dark brown dress shoes and an unbuttoned blazer over a white undershirt and red tie. When he's outdoors, Kabuo dons a plain brown overcoat, wearing it over his uniform to protect his stunted immune system from the elements.

Personality: Kabuo is a timid and weak-willed person, and is likely to take any abuse from fellow students without complaint. He tends to avoid the more popular students if he can, as he has had bad experiences of being taunted and bullied over his complexion and ill-fitting name by those of a higher social standing. Due to his history of bullying Kabuo is much more timid than he would be under normal circumstances. Despite his long history of introversion, Kabuo is determined to make new friends and and desperate to build some sort of reputation that is not limited to 'That Pale Kid', the possible health risks every interaction holds be damned.

Backstory: Kabuo was born in Canterbury, and hence has grown up with a Southern English accent. (Which is better identified as a refined British Twang) He was born to his Japanese father; Takuya Manami, and English mother; Rachel Bennett-Manami, which accounts for his mismatched name and complexion - and may be related to his birth defect of having an underdeveloped immune system.

From a young age, Kabuo was taught both English and Japanese, in preparation for the day when his businessman father would be promoted to a luminary position back in Japan from his current job as regional executive for an electronics company serving Canterbury. This day would prove to be a long time coming.

It was shortly before Kabuo's fifteenth birthday that their family received the news that Takuya was being promoted to CFO and would be moving his family to Osaka. While this meant that Kabuo would be leaving behind his admittedly unsatisfactory life in England, it also heralded an increase of income for the family, and an ascendancy in status and surroundings to something more fitting of the high opinion Takuya held of himself. After a considerable amount of preparation and the eventual selling of their house, Kabuo's family completed their move to Japan.

However, It was in Osaka that Kabuo's life - and opinion of himself - would hit its lowest point. With his pale skin, Japanese name, and social anxiety, Kabuo once again found himself the target of widespread ridicule, this time much worse than back in England. Eventually, Kabuo's parents would make the decision to send him away to an international school in one final attempt to put an end to the storm of pariahdom; the illustrious Shelvington Academy
Last edited by Drey Wilkins on Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Avatar and signature made by the wonderful Holhol.
DSY

Post by DSY »

Outside Room 303

As the sunlight fluttered into the windows, a new day began.

The dorms full of students, now awakening again to breath in that Shelvington School air and prepare themselves for another day of learning and lectures.

............So why is there a girl in a panda hat sleeping in the hallways.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the less than favorable results of Yesterdays Costume Party, Job returned back to her stationed dorm room, packed her belongings and fell asleep outside, as per the rules of her roommate.

If that was what she must do, then Job would follow the rules as she was instructed to do.

Of course, Job returned to the dorms before anyone else, and fell asleep without even knowing if her roommate had returned.

But Job figured that even if she didn't, she should be a good roommate an honor the rules even while the rule keeper was absent.

Job stretches out, yawning softly, and begins to move herself about.

Packing up her plush Panda and moving her bags to a sort of corner of the hallway.

She brushed herself off from the floors, feeling that she should probably wash off somewhere if necessary, although it seemed like she had made it through the night abnormally unscathed.

It seems that the janitorial staff was surprisingly efficient.

Or maybe people just don't come into the dorms very often?

Either way, Job made her way to the exit to ponder her next course of action.

It was still to early yet to begin class, so for now Job figured she should find some sort of food or communicate with the other classmates.

While pondering, Job happened upon two in the hallway and instinctively greeted them.

"Oh! Good morning Miss Jazmine." She says bowing to her, "And you too Mr. Kyouji." she says, a similar bow directed to him as well.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

The Princess' Suite

Princess Sarah Amira Elibazeth Flaithe slept with her head on her desk last night.

Peacefully snoring into her dreams, the sleepy princess woke up with a long yawn, burying her head snugly into her arms. Her hat lay ajar on her messy auburn hair as memories of the party started resurfacing in her mind. After everything that happened last night, the bats, her act as a demon princess, the dance, and the performance, the weight of exhaustion had come crashing down on poor Elibazeth. It was a satisfied exhaustion, one that always accompanied a fulfilling day. With a good night's sleep, she felt somewhat recharged, if a little achey.

"Hm, hm hmhm, hmhm hm, feel good..." Elibazeth hummed to herself as she woke up with a yawn. The song of last night's performance was still in the back of her mind. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and looked down on her desk to the various tools and tech parts scattered around it. It was a mess only Elibazeth could understand. After blinking a total of three times, she remembered what she had been doing for a solid hour after the party. She opened the desk of her drawer and pulled out a small box, about the size of a phone, and placed it in front of her. She had invested a good amount of time into this little pet project of hers, and despite fearing it would turn out poorly, everything worked out in the end, much to her relief.

Leaving the box alone for now, she hopped off of her chair and changed out of her blue and white silk pajamas. Her costume and props that were used last night were neatly tucked away in the corner of her room, on display for the time being. She sat in front of the mirror and gazed at her happy reflection, looking joyous and content with itself. She cleaned the faint traces of make-up from her face and brushed her wavy auburn hair, now back to its normal, unbraided self. As the song from last night continued to play in the back of her mind, she thought back on the impromptu waltz she had shared with Jackie last night. A fond smile crept up on her lips as she recalled that brief moment in time. Even if only for that one memory, she felt that last night had been one of the best times of her life. Elibazeth almost couldn't wait to check up on her later, she just needed to find a good time...

Hmm... I wonder where Xander is right now? He should be here soon with breakfast.

The Butler's Quarters

Two sets of a delicious continental breakfast sat on the table of the dorm, one served on the table while the other was all on one tray. The butler, who had been awake since the early hours of the morning, was seated at the edge of his bed, his contemplative pose not unlike that of the Thinker's. Whatever thoughts present in his mind were a mystery, for his face betrayed no emotion.

But perhaps, if one could listen, the echo of a broken girl's voice reverberated in the back of the butler's mind...

S-SCREW YOU!

...accompanied by the loud snap of plastic and wood being broken.

His eyes glanced to the side table briefly, gazing upon the pieces of his whiteboard that lay on it. One could only imagine how many painstaking hours were spent trying to find every single piece, not even counting the time it took to arrange it all together like that. Xander's hand tugged on his glove before he proceeded to press the tips of each individual finger on his left hand with his right index and thumb, cycling through them like a routine.

After minutes spent in this state, he stood up from the bed, walking five steps forward and stopping at the dead center of the room. He turned to face the door. With perfect posture, he stood still with his hands behind his back. A brief sigh escaped him, a small breath of air, yet even that had no implicit emotion behind it.

Xander stared at the door, waiting for even the smallest of movements to happen.