Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

DSY
Spoken languages: English

Re: Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Post by DSY »

Room 307

Sitting in the room in the taken bed was a big pile of blankets. It was there since last night. It was there while Violet got herself ready and left. It was there while the alarm to wake up went off.

And it continued to be there until the room was silent again.

But a silent room does not a silent mind. Under the blankets, wrapped up like a sweaty burrito..is a pink haired girl in her pajamas.

oh god oh god, oh god oh god oh god ran through her head like rabbits rushing out of a hot kitchen.

What do I do!? What DID I do? I don't really remember yesterday at all! I probably did a whole lot of super embarrassing things

Lia squirmed in her bed, pulling the covers over her even more until she found it hard to breathe.

When that happened she forcefully shoved them off her and began taking many big breaths until she had calmed herself down.

Now out of bed and full of air. She looked around her vacant room, put together that her roommate had left and hesitantly went to take a shower, hoping the hot water would help cool her off.

It didn't.

Dressed in her usual clothes and jumpy like an alert cat, she stole herself up and moved out.

--------------------------------

Dorm Hallways

Job blinked at Kyouji's response. "But if you're not eating, you won't stay healthy." Was her simple response.

"If you'd like, perhaps I could prepare something for you." Job says , nodding.

"Oh, but also, yes. I believe we meet up in a classroom. In fact," Job checks her watch.. "..hm..I think we still have some time. But I propose we make our way over there."

Job confidently puts her hand over her chest, "If you'd like, I can show you both to the classrooms."

While the conversation is happening, a pink haired girl walks past the group. Head turned away. Eyes fixed on the floor.
As she passes them the words "Morning" slip quietly out of her mouth.

-----------------------------------------

On the way to class

Lia wasn't quite running. She was more doing the fast walk.

The kind where your moving while looking down.

The kind where energy is running through your veins so fast you almost can't even stop your feet.

The kind where your mind doesn't want to be where you are so it bullies your legs to comply.

Lia's eyes were planted right on the ground.

Lets hope she doesn't crash right into a tree.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
TinyHat

Post by TinyHat »

Room 306 - Isabelle:

Isabelle woke up. She got out of bed and looked in the mirror. Her hair had lost volume and was a complete mess. It basically looked like her hair was the greasy kind of curly. Not very good. I look horrible. The makeup was smeared all over her face. Her eyes were a combination of several shades of black and was mixed with a lot of green. Her lower face was red. “Uuuugggggghhhhhhhhhh.” What did I do? Why am I a mess? How long did I sleep for?

She decided that it would be a good time to take a shower. The water ran for probably 15 minutes at the earliest. She came outside with a new crop top and skirt. Her hair still clung to her neck and shoulders. I look better. What should I do today? W..why? I already know what I am going to do today. She looks out the window. It looks like a nice day. Should I work outside? Maybe I should work inside. Hmmm. Outside has lots of stuff to look at for inspiration. If I work inside I have more room to work without almost losing my supplies. Maybe I should work inside, in case there is another announcement today. Isabelle grabbed her bags full of art supplies and headed off to explore the main building.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thomas finds the classroom:

He awoke to find out that the previous day had not just been a nightmare. The horror story continues. Lenore was still sleeping in her cage. Thomas got up and changed his clothes. The dusty clothes were tossed into a chair nearby. Thomas got dressed in an outfit eerily similar the the previous days. He made sure to feed the large raven before letting it out of the cage.

The bird flew around the room once and landed on Thomas’s shoulder. Thomas grabbed his satchel. He checked to make sure that all was in its place. Everything was. He grabbed a piece of bread and quickly spread an average amount of butter on it. He took a bite while opening the door. Thomas snuck past the group of people that had gathered and headed for the main building.

Thomas walked into the classroom. Looking around, he saw one other person. He sat down in one of the back corners and started to prepare his desk. The first thing that he pulled out was a small glass vial filled with a dark, almost black liquid. It was stopped with a cork. The next thing he pulled out was a fairly small ink blotter. The next thing was a large brown notebook filled with parchment. He arranged his desk. In the center was the now opened notebook. To the right was the glass vial and above that was the ink blotter. The very last thing was a large feather. The base was embossed with the Evans family crest. He gently set the quill on the notebook.
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

Boo's prince - Paolo and Boo

Paolo's face turned from horror to surprise, when the girl with the metallic hands rescued Boo from her fall, like a scene in a Shoujo, some cherry blossom petals flew from the ground, creating a beautiful picture that Paolo's eyes had the pleasure to see.
Boo was clearly living the fantasy as Nina's strong arms embraced her whole existence, her mind couldn't help her and she started getting ideas, ideas that Boo had never experienced to this point, Nina being the center of those pink innocent thoughts that had blossomed in her secret agent hearth.

Boo opened her eyes and saw the confident face of Nina ""Uh, hey."

The nerdy agent blushed and softly said "Nice catch, agent Nina, and regained her composure.

"So guys, let me introduce you to each other, Paolo Paulman, Agent Nina, Agent Nina, Paolo Paulman."
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Dorm Halls - Elibazeth

Elibazeth turned to face Karen, the hint of surprise in her expression quickly switched to a bright smile as she waved at her friend from across the hall. "Karen! Good morning to you too. I hope you've slept, especially considering the party last night!" She giggles, placing the tips of her fingers over her lips in ladylike fashion. "Can you believe they're making us go to class this early in the morning? Like there wasn't an event just the night before... the nerve..." She brushes her hair aside and looks away.

Elibazeth hear's someone shuffling on the other side of the door and she pushes that thought aside for now. "Oh! Sorry, to cut this short, I just have to speak with my dear Jacqueline right now." She excitedly turns around just as the door creaks open, ready to joyfully greet -

Her.

Though brief, Elibazeth's stormy gray eyes locked gazes with the venomous green stare of the girl who opened the door, Isis Shields. Heated sparks flew between the two as they each glared at the object of their frustration. Then, as quickly as the fire had started, it was put out with a loud slam of the door. Elibazeth was left speechless and appalled.

"Tch... Why you rude little..." She stops herself, remembering Karen was nearby, and took a deep breath as she drummed her fingers on her present box. She turned her head towards Karen, eyes closed and flashing a "please bear with me" at her. Elibazeth, undeterred, knocks on the door once again, only this time a little louder.

*knock* *knock* *knock*

She clears her throat. "Oh Isis my dear... acquaintance..." She says, mustering every ounce of her will to associate that word with the girl on the other side of the wall. "Could you please open the door? I'm only here to see Jackie before we head to class."

Room 352 - The Butler's Quarters

Xander made for a bow, but Robert had already departed by the time he had raised his head. He was now alone in the room once again, with two sets of an breakfast waiting on the table staring at him, untouched and unwanted. He moves his hand to his pocket and brings out a watch, clicking it open and checking the time. Just about a quarter before class started. A small sigh escapes him as he puts the watch back.

The luggage wasn't going to unpack itself.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Dorm Hallway

"Oh, don't worry! I make sure to eat a lot whenever I can in case I ever accidentally find myself on a journey for a few days. I even ate a lot during the party. Oh, but the journey to the classroom definitely takes priority right now! I really appreciate the offer, though. Thanks! I'd love to try your food, but I'd really love it if you tried mine too, so maybe we can exchange lunches if that's okay!" Kyouji responded, his cowlick now returning to how it usually was instead of the question mark shape it had previously taken on.

Before he could say anything else, Kyouji saw someone pass by very quickly, saying hi. The pink-haired student had been hurrying quite a bit. Maybe she was challenging herself to attain the greatest possible speed to get to class, or maybe this was a sign that class was going to start soon. A more distant possibility was that she had decided to embark on a challenge against the world by building up enough speed to outrun the Earth. Regardless, Kyouji shouted a response. "It's super nice to meet you!"

This brief encounter was also a precious bond, after all. Though he hoped it wasn't a one-time chance greeting.

"I found the way to class before, but it's my first time heading there from the dormitory. Please lead the way!" Kyouji said. He had a map of Shelvington that was included in a brochure, but he knew that having a friend guide him was a much better experience.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Room 302:

Isis sneered at the door, even though Elibazeth had literally no way of seeing it. It had been a bit, but she hadn't forgotten her feud with the Princess. The two had been at it since she'd first set foot on this hell island, with her butler grabbing her and throwing her around, to the beach where she'd ruined her brilliant plan to return Jackie's things to her in a place filled with water that would ruin it. No matter where she seemed to go, this girl was always there to somehow ruin things. She wasn't gonna let her barge in now and mess with..... the. nothing. that was happening between her and Jackie.

"Hmmmmm, i don't knoooow," Isis said, grinning devilishly on the other side of the door, "she's pretty busy right now-- i dont think a GOOD ROOMMATE would let in someone who's been such a JERK FACE."

isis did not in the slightest recognize the irony of this statement.
DSY

Post by DSY »

Dorm Hallway

Having Job guide Kyouji would be a terrible experience.

Job does not know the meaning of the word "detour". And when she sets her mind on something she doesn't often think about much else.

A smile seems to edge its way around the corners of Job's mouth. Although to many if not all. It would look more like a slanted grin.

"I would be happy to!" Job exclaimed loudly. Which for Job is about.......normal speaking voice for most people.

"You too, Miss Opal." Job says moving to leave the dorms. "Please, follow me!"

With this Job began moving to the classrooms.

Slowly.

------------------------------------

On the way to class

There are many types of headaches.

The hunger headache from forgetting to eat.

The Homework headache from staying up late to finish assignments.

The Soon to be Homework headache from spending all day working on dance routines, hanging out, or playing video games for 5 more minutes 20 times too many.

But right now Lia felt the shame headache. Which came right after the pain of the Hit a Tree Headache.

"OOUCH!"

Lia rubbed her head as she sat down in the shade.

Maybe she was taking things to fast. Maybe she was just overly nervous.

See decided this time was best spent getting another breath before moving to class. She turned her head around to see if anyone was near by. Fearing mostly that someone caught her and her embarrassing moment.

It seemed that some other students where over near by. But they weren't looking at Lia, rather they were...

.....um...

Lia scratched her head, almost forgetting the pain in it. "Are they...workin on a play or somethin?"

Confused by the posing and dramatic holding, Lia considered if she should attempt to talk to them.

She rose to her feet and tried to get closer.....

....before turning away, running to class.

"Nope...No no no. Nope." Mutters from Lia's mouth. "There's no way I can do that!"

-------------------------------------------

Classroom

Lia enters a Classroom.

Was it the right room? She didn't know. It felt like the right room. But it was empty, save one other person.

She looked like a princess and smelled like a cake. And she was busy writing something.

Was she cramming to finish her Homework in the classroom?

That would negate the problem of staying up late and worrying about being in on time.

Lia's hand hit her face with a loud slap.

Of course! It was so obvious! How could I have been so stupid! I guess dat's why this is the rich kids school, I would have never thought of such an idea!

Hand still on head, Lia rubbed her forehead. Her head still ached a bit from the tree earlier but calmed more now.

"Uh...sorry for dat..I was just..thinkin."

Lia says nervously scooting to the back of the classroom.

Until she realized her initial room survey was wrong.

Sitting in the back of the classroom was a stern faced man. Dressed in all black. With a crow.

Lia gulped.

She swiftly pulled a chair up next to Violet and sat down.

"H-h-h-hey...m-m-m...mind if a sit er? B-buddy?" She stammered quickly.

Maybe he won't kill me if he think I'm friends with this girl!? Lia nervously worries.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Dorm Hallway

"Oooh~ Exchanging lunches? That sounds like a great idea~"

"And going to the classrooms? Sounds good! I... I'll let you lead the way, yeah... I... uh... don't exactly know where they are..."

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Classroom - Flo:

The walk to the classroom, unlike yesterday, was quite uneventful. There was a distinct lack of supermarket butler heists, orange peel bat necklaces, and orca whale cruise ships. Nope. Just a young giantess and the crisp, fresh air around her. As fun as yesterday morning ended up being, she was pretty sure she preferred this. That didn't stop her from also wearing the faded apron she had received from Xander yesterday. Perhaps it was a reminder of the events. Perhaps she'd just feel bad if the gift had went unused.

She strode into the classroom, and one could be mistaken for thinking the room had gotten a little bit brighter. The sheer positive energy she emitted and sincerity of her smile had a certain illuminating quality to it, if you were imaginative enough. She extended yet another "Good moooorning, everyone~!" before even surveying the room. She was pretty sure she saw that genie girl, scribbling something down on some paper. She saw a nervous-looking girl with pink hair almost as lively as Flo herself. She saw the dark, dusty lad in the back corner that counteracted the brightness she gave off.

She saw the raven perched on his shoulder. Her classmates could practically see the giant sparkles in her eyes. While surely there were many complex thoughts going on in Flo's mind about the logistics of having a raven in the classroom, or what the implications may be that this kid keeps a raven as a casual pet, or that ravens are typically a sign of bad luck (or were those crows? Or both?), what ended up coming out of Flo's mouth after a prolonged gasp was:

"BIRDIE!!!"

She started toward the corner where Thomas was sitting, and took the first seat directly diagonal to him, able to ignore the dark aura he emitted purely by the power of hyperfixation. She stared, mesmerized for a few seconds before pulling herself together enough to introduce herself to her classmate. "Oh, hi there! I'm Flo! Sorry if that was a bit... uh, sudden, or anything. I just really like animals! Is- Is it okay if I hold him? Or her?"

Room 301 - Jazmine:

On the list of things Jazmine was expecting to have for breakfast this morning, she had to say this: Fish was not on the top of that list. Nor rice. Nor picked vegetables. Really, this was the least breakfast-y breakfast she'd eaten in quite some time, possibly in her life. She spritzed some lemon juice on the fish for extra flavor (huh, so she did have stuff after all), and also in an attempt to distract herself from the fact that she got it from that redheaded dolt of all people. She reluctantly rinsed it out before grabbing an orange slice from the fridge and stepping out into the hallway.

Once out, she checked the hallway for a red mop of hair. Seeing one, she loudly cleared her throat to get Kyouji's attention. Was Jazmine that quick of an eater or was he just slow? Probably both. Heh. She lackadaisically tossed the treasure box back toward Kyouji, only half-expecting him to actually catch it.

"...If that lands on his head, it's not my problem." She mused to herself, a small part of her wondering why she even did that. She reasoned it was too early for her to care, and she didn't want to get any closer to that guy if she could help it. Maybe it would do him some good to take a hit to the head. She scanned the rest of the hallway and who else would it be but Ludwig? ...Maybe this morning was a little better now. Just maybe.

"Well, well. What a surprise, seeing you this early. Having as rough a morning as I am?" She nibbled a small amount on her orange slice before noticing Robert, turned away. She smirked. "Hm. Made a new friend, I take it? I'm proud."
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Dorm Halls

Kyouji immediately got out his whip and launched it into the air to catch the lunch box that had been thrown at him by Jazmine, then retrieved the item normally and placed his whip back into proper position as though nothing happened. He gave a V for victory sign, though she may or may not have seen it. But she would have heard him say this: "Thank you very much! Let me know what you thought later!"

And now, Kyouji was going to follow Job as she expertly guided him to the classroom. It seemed like Opal was following along, too! Yay!

As Job started to lead the way, a rather goofy image occurred. Due to Kyouji's default speed apparently being much higher than Job's, Kyouji merrily skipped behind Job in order to follow her... And this included skipping in place when Job hadn't gone far enough yet. Anyone looking at them might have wondered if it was some kind of performance art piece. Still, while this was incredibly awkward, Kyouji didn't seem to mind, and they all eventually got to...

Classroom

It was only when they arrived in the classroom that Kyouji finally stopped skipping, instead settling for a nod of approval directed at Job. "That was a lot of fun, thank you!"

Perhaps it was best not to question the situation. Kyouji did his best to wave at everyone in the class already, though since he didn't possess the ability to clone himself, he wasn't sure if he should try to make conversation with one person in particular or not. He could tell that some conversations were already happening, and while he would love to join them, he had just enough tact to realize that interrupting them all to form one bigger conversation was a bit of a rude thing to do.

Hm. What had his mother said to him before? It would be great to have a friendly fight with a dinosaur and then become friends with said dinosaur? ... Hm, no, that didn't quite seem relevant. There was something else she said. ... Oh, right! Every friendship was its own adventure, but sometimes that means that other people are already on an adventure and you can't join them until later. That was surely relevant in some way.

"Maybe I should do this!" Kyouji said to himself. He then proceeded to walk up to the board, get a piece of chalk, and wrote down a simple phrase: Hi, I'm Kyouji! Let's be friends! This phrase included an arrow pointed directly at where he was standing, so he just stood there. Waiting.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Hallway – Ludwig

The unease ignited and grew into irritation in seconds.

“Tch!” Ludwig grit his teeth together and intensified his glare. Acting like a high and mighty brat, huh? “Well pardon me for asking a simple question. I don't exactly recall seeing you around,” Ludwig grumbled though he wasn't being perfectly discreet.

That's when Jazmine approached. She wasn't looking bright and cheery that morning but Ludwig couldn't bring himself to mind. In fact, the ghost of a smile made it onto his face when Jazmine drew near. Ludwig gave a small wave and mumbled “Good morning” to her.

“Hm. Made a new friend, I take it? I'm proud.”

“Ngh. Not exactly,” Ludwig answered, pulling on his scarf. “We just stepped out of our room at the same time by sheer coincidence. In anything, I've found a new annoyance.”

Hallway – Karen

With the door slamming and Isis screaming, Karen knew she had no place getting involved.

“Right.” Karen giggled anxiously and scooted past Elibazeth. As she passed, Karen said over her shoulder, “Vhen jou get to Jackie, tell her I say 'good morning.' See jou both in class!”

She dashed as fast as she could to the classroom, her backpack uncomfortably bouncing against her back as she ran.

Classroom – Violet

Violet had been so consumed in writing her letter that she didn't notice Thomas entering. When Lia had slapped herself, Violet glanced up for a moment but refocused herself just as quickly.

I think I have everything laid out in the letter. Go to the kitchen. The gift for him. I'll meet him there… Violet placed her hands on her burning face. I can't believe I'm actually doing this! Her heart was doing every kind of gymnastic maneuver in her chest. Her face felt hot enough to cook on it. No going back, Violet. No going back.

"H-h-h-hey...m-m-m...mind if a sit er? B-buddy?"

Violet looked up to see Lia standing close by.

“Oh, um, sure!” Violet replied and put on a grin. “Nice to meet you! Violet Kingston,” she said motioning to herself. “What's your—?”

And then more people walked in.

AAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Horror. Panic. Terror. Dread. Embarrassment. Mortification. Each of those words would've fired off in Violet's mind had she not been internally screaming to the high heavens.

Her face burned scarlet. Her body sank into her chair. She slammed her face onto her desk.

Thunk.
Drey Wilkins
Spoken languages: English + Scraps of Russian

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Hallway

Kabuo stepped out into the hallway, hurrying to keep up with Karen's sprightly pace.

'Doll?' he wondered, baffled. Glancing down at his phone, Kabuo saw the contact she'd entered; all caps, three exclamation marks, and a... a thing. What's an emoji just made out of characters... an emoticon? A smiley face with 8 mouths? 7 chins? What were all the full stops for?! Doll?!

"I, uh, ah..." he stammered, falling into step beside Karen. "Err, do you know where the... where the classroom is? He, uh, didn't exactly say."

Avatar and signature made by the wonderful Holhol.
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Dorm Halls - Lib Comes Knocking

Elibazeth was too taken aback by Isis' 2nd grade insult to wave goodbye to Karen. She puffs her cheeks and puts her hand on her hip and angrily stared at the door in front of her, imagining the sneering grin on Isis' face. She brought herself closer to the door, wishing Isis could feel the holes her glaring eyes were boring into the door. She put her hand on the doorknob, she wasn't going to let this fluffy alpaca head girl get the better of her.

And to her surprise, the door swung wide open, with Isis on the other side smiling to herself.

Elibazeth blinked once before she immediately slid inside the room and approached Isis from behind, holding the gift behind her. There was a smug smile on her face as she looked down to the girl. Slowly, she lowered herself and whispered into Isis' ear.

"Hmhm, thought you could keep me out, did you?" She says in a sweetly smug voice.

Classroom

The door to the classroom opens and Xander wordlessly walks in. He makes no effort to bring attention to himself as he quietly walks along the side of the room before taking the seat right next to his room mate, Robert.

He is silent.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Room 302:

Isis's smirk died on her face as she realized she'd forgotten to lock the damn door; Elibazeth smugly waltzed in, Isis's face reddened in embarrasment and rage. Suddenly Elibazeth drew closer to tauntingly whisper in her ear, only making her redden more.

"Look, you--!!" Before her next obscenity could even leap to her tongue, Isis spotted something-- Lib was holding something behind her back. She couldn't tell what it was, but if she took it, she could tip the scales. Seeing a chance, Isis's hand shot out towards it.

"Aha!! GOTCHA!" Isis cried, lunging for the box behind Elibazeth's back.
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Room 302

"Eep!" Elibazeth cried out as Isis made a lunge at her, or rather, the box she was purposely keeping behind her. Her desire to protect both herself and the box forced Elibazeth to twist herself to keep the box away from Isis, using her height to her advantage. She managed to grab the box with one arm raise it up high, but the resulting motion coupled with the forward momentum of Isis caused Elibazeth to lose her balance.

In a desperate effort to save herself, Elibazeth's free arm shot out and wrapped around Isis' shoulder as she fell.