Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Re: Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Post by Sleuth »

Room 302:

That's right, this was all of Isis's plan-- She'd LET Elibazeth in so she could grab whatever thing she was hiding, just as plan--

Then the taller girl lost her balance, and Isis felt her arm wrap around her-- Isis tripped over herself in shock, and in turn, began to fall as well.

"Wh-- AAAUGH" Isis cried as she tumbled to the ground, Lib's arm still around her.
Reyson

Post by Reyson »

Shelvington Academy

Karen practically fell flat on her face after realizing that Kabuo was right. She had no absolutely no idea where she was supposed to be going. Nobody told her. How was she going to get to class? What would people think of her if she was late on the first day? Why was Kabuo so nervous around her? She was trying to be nice! Was it something she said? Karen started to doubt whether or not she would have any friends at this place.

“Hmm. I guess he didn’t tell us exactly where to go. Let me think for a second.”

Luckily for her and Kabuo, she spotted a few people stepping into what appeared to be a classroom. She turned to her fellow new kid and smiled.

“I think that’s our classroom. Let’s check it out!”

Karen excitedly walked over to the door to the room that she had just observed a student or two enter. She whipped open the door and sauntered in. The first thing she saw was a kid who seemed to have labeled himself. She read what he had written on the board, noting that his name was Kyouji and he seemed to want to make some more friends. Karen’s eyes practically popped out of her head. New prey. She nearly sprinted up to Kyouji and put her hand out, a warm grin on her face.

“Hey, Kyouji! I’m Karen, I’m new. Mr. Sicko Mode over there is Kabuo. He’s also new.” Karen could’ve exploded from happiness at this moment. So much friendship to be had. Not even God could stop her.
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Room 302

This morning was not at all turning out in the way she expected it to.

*CRASH*

Elibazeth grimaced as she fell flat on the floor one arm around Isis, bringing her along for the ride. She lay on the floor with one leg curled up while her other arm was outstretched from holding the box, which had safely landed on the floor just out of both their reach. She felt the weight of Isis pressing on her, and her face started feeling a little heated. This feeling only worsened when she opened her eyes and saw how close the girl's face was to hers.

"P-Please don't h-hurt me..." She whimpered, caught completely off guard. Her expression had done a complete 180 from being haughty and smug to a more docile and sheepish one.
Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Classroom – Karen

As Karen approached the door of the classroom, she could see several people already within the room.

I'm still early to class, but looks like many others area ahead of me. Karen slowed down to a walking pace. And it looks like we've got some new faces. She reached the doorframe just in time to hear:

“I’m Karen, I’m new.”

Oh? Karen thought while listening to the rest of the introduction. Silently, she focused on Kabuo's appearance. Whether or not it was her family's business trade influencing her, Karen felt a pang of concern for the guy. Regardless, they both seem nice enough.

When the introduction ended, Karen cleared her throat. Loud enough to be heard by those in the immediate area but not loud enough to fill the room. She put on a grin and tilted her head in a playful gesture.

“Zat's funny. And here I zought I vas Karen!” She stifled a giggle under her hand before adding, “It's nice to meet zee both of jou, Karen and Kabuo.”
shadowjoe323

Post by shadowjoe323 »

Spoiler : OOC and new app :
Not gonna be doing anything with Matthew for the foreseeable future, but also don't wanna just destroy him. So I guess for now he'll just be one of the many faceless background students until I can figure out how to write decent realistic characters or, more likely, for eternity. But for now, new boy time.

Name: Yuri Lawson
Likes: Yuri Lawson, people who like Yuri Lawson, roses, excessive flair, attention, detective-ing, fashion, apples.
Dislikes: Subtlety, boredom, paperwork, crime, crimedoers, juggling.
Appearance: https://i.imgur.com/XDx5JvR.png (Pretend that the boots are good actually)
https://i.imgur.com/KHbOkGE.jpg (Pretend the persona isn't there shh don't even worry)
Personality: Yuri is very... flashy. He loves to be the center of attention, even when he really, really, really shouldn't be. That's not to say he'd ruin an event to make people pay attention to him (not intentionally, at least), but in everyday life Yuri does what he can to put all eyes on him. Underneath all that glamor, though, Yuri can be quite perceptive, and even notably intelligent, but most of the time that side of him goes unused and unseen. Also, despite his occasionally charming nature, he definitely does not know what sex is and legally cannot know.
Backstory: The Lawson family made their fortune on being quite good attorneys and law enforcement workers with a family name that makes them sound like the world's best attorneys and law enforcement workers. Yuri wanted to follow in his father's footsteps as a detective, but never really put in any of the actual research required to pursue a career in law, instead turning to crime dramas and zany murder mystery games. He's now convinced that he's the best teen detective around, and wants everyone around to know that.

Unfortunately, he's not, and most of his actual investigating is on mundane school gossip and ridiculous rumors. Even then, his approach to investigating these "cases" is questionable at best, focusing much more on appearing stylish and wondrous than. Actually being competent. When he focuses on actually doing a good job as a detective, Yuri can actually be competent! But most of the time that could be spent on ACTUALLY BEING COMPETENT is instead devoted to planning the flashiest entrances, and preparing one liners for when the criminal is caught, and gathering way more roses than anyone in any occupation should need.

This eccentric behavior led to Yuri somehow not fitting in very well in past schools, usually being ignored or mocked. Even though Yuri could mostly brush it off, his parents have many times tried to find a school where he can revel in his quirks. They eventually found Shelvington, which, according to the rumors they've looked into, is pretty dang wack, and figured it'd be worth a shot.

...Though that's not quite what Yuri thinks. Since he was pretty hesitant to ship off to a new school on a distant island, there needed to be some sort of incentive. As Yuri was still deciding if he would go, a mysterious letter arrived via a brick thrown through his window. The letter stated that the true reason he was being sent to the school was to solve a murder that the faculty had covered up, and that they needed his incredible intellect to crack the case. It also stated that this information was highly classified, and he couldn't tell his parents or they'd be in danger. In addition, he needed to pretend to be a student there to blend in, including performing all the duties expected of a student to add to the ruse.

This was more than enough to convince Yuri, who'd basically been been persuaded when he read the word solve. The letter, of course, wasn't sent by some secret agency. His little brother was just getting tired of his antics and wanted the bigger bedroom, even if it now had a broken window. Their parents obviously noticed the broken window, but at this point were pretty much used to this sort of thing happening all the time, and were just satisfied that Yuri was willing to try the new school.
Last edited by shadowjoe323 on Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Spoiler : @Joe :
Accepted. Welcome to Shelvington Academy.
Hallway - Robert

With a click of the tongue, Robert stopped in his tracks and pulled out his notepad. He began flipping through the pages, eventually stopping, reading something quietly to himself, and finally turning towards Ludwig with an annoyed expression.

"Ferdinand, correct?" he asked. "One of two attending. Medical practices. You have quite a lot on your shoulders to hold up to, so I hope for your own sake you'll be civil and respectable during your time here. I've heard rumors about your nature and the look in your eyes and that shaggy haircut gives me the impression they may be true. I am not against being surprised, however, so I would appreciate it if you kept your composure and that we don't have to have any issues. Now, good day."

He began walking away again, not even acknowledging Jazmine's presence.

----

Outside - Nina

Nina gently straightened Boo up into a standing position, before proudly placing hands on hips and sighing with relief.

"Phew...sorry about that, didn't mean to scare you or anything. Just figured you could uh, use the help. Nice gettup, by the way! Really suits you!" She turned towards Paolo and grinned. "And hey, Paolo! Nice to meetcha! Name's Nina Valentine. You guys getting some morning exercise, too?" She swung her arms back and forth, simulating a running motion. "Getting that blood pumping in the morning! Feels good, right?!"

----

Room 302 - Jackie

Jackie thought taking a nice, early shower would help her clear her head. Help her get a fresh start to a day she knew would be stressful, after a long night that gave her more whiplash than a roller coaster.

Clearly she was goddamn wrong because she couldn't hear herself THINK over the noise from the bedroom.

Standing half-washed in a shower, Jackie's patience had quickly run out. The sound of yelling and door slamming and door knocking and more was killing her mood. She had very quickly gone from sad to mad, and all the embarrassment from that hug was fogged over with the irritation welling up in her.

What the actual HELL is Isis doing in there?!?!?

Too annoyed to not give a piece of her mind, Jackie stepped out of the shower, water still running and soaking wet, hair clinging to her face. She grabbed the nearest towel and wrapped it around herself for cover, too annoyed to be particularly concerned about her physical appearance. Besides, it was just Isis, not like the two could be any more humiliating to each other as is.

Jackie slammed the bathroom door open.

"WHAT THE EFFIN' HELL ARE YOU DOING IN HERE, YOU GODDAMN-"

Jackie, soaking wet and wrapped in a towel, saw Isis and Elibazeth. On the floor. Embracing. Elibazeth turning red as a tomato and asking not to be hurt.

Jackie froze for a moment.

She remembered her previous interactions with these two. For some reason, her chest hurt.

Slowly, and quietly, Jackie closed the door to the bathroom again. A loud THUNK could be heard when she sat herself down against the door on the other side.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

DSY

Post by DSY »

Classroom - Job

Job walked into the classroom behind Kyouji.

At some point despite him always skipping behind her, he over took the slow moving girl. Probably without either of them ever even noticing.

Job bows to the students in the room with a: "Good Morning." before moving to find her own seat. Picking one near the door.

As she looks around she notices the new faces in the room.

Of course, Job didn't know most of her fellow classmates to begin with, and some of them were introducing themselves already so Job rose from her seat and introduced herself with another bow.

"I am Job Yunno. It's a pleasure to meet all of you."

--------------------

Classroom

When Violet hit the floor, Lia visibly panicked.

I...I killed her...didn't I? OH MY GOD!?

Lia too collapsed in the middle of the room.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
Drey Wilkins
Spoken languages: English + Scraps of Russian

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Classroom

Sicko mode. Oh he hoped that didn't stick.

Kabuo chuckled uncomfortably at Karen's words, waving a hand giving a small wave to the boy. "Ah, hello Kyouji. V-very nice to meet you." Though he couldn't be sure, the smile that accompanied his words must have looked downright sickly. Then, realising he still had his woollen gloves on, he quickly pulled them off and stuffed them in a pocket.

And with that, it was like the floodgates had opened. No sooner had he lowered his hand than had another two girls approached them. The first, a couple years his junior, spoke with a thick accent and claimed to also be named Karen. The second was a year younger still and identified herself as Job Yunno, bowing as she did.

Reflexively, he returned the bow to both. "Kabuo Bennett-Manami. It's an honour to make your acquaintances."

Well, his father would be proud that he was representing the family well.

Avatar and signature made by the wonderful Holhol.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Classroom

Shortly before Karen and Kabuo's arrival, Kyouji took note of Violet's general state of being. He recognized the tactic she was trying to use, a survivalist tactic where you were supposed to hide yourself and wait for something dangerous to go away. He looked around the room, failing to recognize the threat. Maybe she was practicing.

That was when Kyouji's tactic of just standing around with what was the equivalent of a sign saying he was available to talk worked wonders. First, Karen and Kabuo walked up to him. He didn't think he had seen either of them before, and upon the confirmation that they were both new, he realized that he was now no longer the newest student. That was exciting in its own way! That meant he now had the chance to show someone the ropes!

"Hi Karen! My name's Kyouji Kamishiro. Oh, but I prefer just being called Kyouji. Whenever I hear my last name, I usually think people are talking about my dad and I get really confused! I'm a treasure hunter, so let me know if you ever hear about any treasure. Even if it's an unfounded rumor, it usually leads to a pretty exciting journey!" Kyouji said. He decided to greet them in order of who had talked, so he had at first been talking to Karen.

That was when he had to then address Karen. Hm. This was just like what he was talking about! When he heard Kamishiro he always assumed it was some other member of his family, except in this case it was a first name thing and he didn't think Karen and Karen had any connections outside of the one they were making right now. So he would need to come up with some difference so that any psychics reading his mind wouldn't get confused. He decided that within his thoughts, he would mention their hair color to make it more obvious. This plan failed to account for what would happen if either of them ever decided to dye their hair, but if that happened he would just need to come up with something else!

"Hi Karen! I'm Kyouji. I think I saw you before, but I don't think we talked much? Oh, your brother is my roommate, so I hope he's nice to me! Let me know if he has allergies. I think sharing food would help. Hm... Nice to meet you! Again! It feels like yesterday was an entire different journey for some reason... But that's probably just me!" Kyouji smiled brightly. For this specific interaction, Kyouji was very obviously looking at whoever he was talking to, and so which Karen he meant wasn't very ambiguous. Unless BOTH Karens had brothers who were somehow his roommate, a possibility he couldn't disregard.

And then there was Kabuo, who seemed very well-mannered. For all of Kyouji's own general obliviousness, he recognized that Kabuo was rather sickly. When he had been young, his own mom had been similar, though in her case she was healthy now. Regardless, he knew it was probably rude to pry! He was a new friend! "It's so nice to meet you, Kabuo! Oh, um... This offer goes to everyone, but I forgot to bring it up until now! I like to cook, but I know not everyone likes everything, and that's okay. So let me know if I ever try to give you anything you can't eat. It'll just mean I learned something new and we can be even better friends, no awkwardness between us!"

That was around when Lia fell to the ground.

Kyouji tried to observe the situation. He quickly erased the words he had written on the board just in case anyone else stood there and people thought they had written those words. He gave a quick explanation to the others. "I still really want to be friends! I'm not erasing that sentiment! But it just dawned on me that maybe the teacher would be confused if he saw that..."

He then walked closer to Lia, wondering if she was also practicing a survival tactic.

"Are you okay? Oh! You're the new friend who said hi to me when she was running to class! Did you win?"
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Room 302:

Earlier, a simple friendly hug had made Isis's brain freeze-- But this. Oh, this. This was much worse.

First, shock. Isis slowly opened her eyes to find herself on top of her rival, uncomfortably close to her.

Second, Realization. Her eyes widened, her jaw slowly opened, her hair stood on end, and her face blossomed into a bright, scarlet red.

Third, Freezing. She began to shake like a leaf, her throat constricted, allowing only gay sputtering to escape, and sweat began to form on her brow.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"I'm not--!!" Isis started, but suddenly froze. Her mind thought back to just a minute ago-- to the vulnerable expression Jackie had made, to even before-- The beach, when she'd first come to blows with the Princess.

How she'd looked when Isis raised her fist to hit her.

And a thought crawled its way back into her head: "Is there something wrong with me?" Why do I get into fights with every person I meet? Why does it always end up like this? Am I just... a bad person?

While she was frozen, thinking these thoughts, she only barely noticed the sound of a door opening as Jackie stumbled across the scene. It was only once the door closed once more that Isis fully registered it.

"W-WAI-- I-- ITS NOT-- SHES NOT--!!" Isis leapt to her feet like a cat out of a river, face burning red.

It was no use-- Her brain could hardly function, let alone make her mouth say words. Head spinning, she simply slumped backwards onto her bed, grabbed a sheet, and threw it over her head.

That would surely solve everything.
Reyson

Post by Reyson »

Classroom

Karen had just finished introducing herself and Kabuo, her new BFF, to Kyouji when another student approached. Karen’s face was quickly hit with a wave of shock, before a sinister smile crept onto her thin face and a soft giggle escaped her mouth.

Wait. Don’t do that, stupid. That’s weird.

Karen quickly readjusted herself in order to not scare off… other Karen. This could be difficult for other people, but Karen wouldn’t have any trouble expressing which Karen she was referring to. It might make it easier for other people if they had a way of distinguishing each other, though. Luckily, Karen remembered she was great at nicknames. Probably the best person she knew at it! Kabuo already loved his! It sure was easy to make friends at this school. At that point, after all the introductions had been completed and Karen learned that her new namesake had a brother that lived with Kyouji, a girl at the back of the class seemed to collapse. Kyouji quickly ran over to check on her, and Karen took this moment to form some crucial bonds with her new friend.

“So, you’re Karen too? That’s too funny! I think we just became best friends.”

This is great! I wonder if her brother is cute…
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Room 302

This was a disaster.

Elibazeth could barely hear what was being said as she could hear her heart racing and the increasing heat in her head from the blood circulating all over. All she knew was that Jackie had walked out of the bathroom yelling before she saw this... mess they were in. Elibazeth's poor heart nearly stopped as soon as Jackie had closed the door.

The moment Isis got off her, Elibazeth scrambled to the wall beside the door, grabbing the box along the way. She curled up against the wall, feeling the weight of several emotions hang over her. She put her hand on her chest and felt her heart rapidly beating. The blood was roaring in her ears, she was sure she was redder than an apple right now. Her breath was heavy, as if she'd just run a 100 yard dash while being chased by a pack of cheetahs. Everything had happened so quickly, Elibazeth brain couldn't even begin to process what she was feeling right now. The tightness in her chest made her want to scream, laugh, and cry all at once. Instead, she just pulled her hat down with both her hands and covered her eyes as she hugged her knees.

She tried to speak, but it was like she had mentally regressed back into her middle school years. She could barely form any words. "J-J-Jackieeee... Th-This is all a misund ... misunderstanding!" She sounded like a sick mewing kitten. Her gaze briefly settled on the wet spots by the bathroom door where the water had dripped from Jackie's hair before going back to the box by her feet.

"I... I w-wanted to give..."
shadowjoe323

Post by shadowjoe323 »

Spoiler : OOC :
I forgot like two pretty relevant paragraphs of backstory in the app like a big dummy, edited that in so I guess check that out if you care.
???

"Hmm... this spot should do the trick. Seems like there's some activity here."

Yuri already felt like he was one step closer to cracking the case. Finding a room with multiple people talking was a very promising lead, as every detective knows. Hours had passed since he began his journey through the massive school's labyrinthine ventilation system, but he fi-

*CRASH*

...Oh. Well dang.

Classroom

"...Oh. Well dang."

In but an instant, a grate appeared on the floor near the front of the classroom. In another instant, so did a boy, flat on his face. In one more, an excessive amount of roses and rose petals flew up and spread around this fallen boy. After a few more instances for good measure, Yuri slowly brought himself to his feet before running his hand through his hair and giving a shining grin.

"Hahahaha, your brilliant savior has arrived at last! Fear not, fearers, for I've come to solve the big crime! Just point me to the body and I'll get to work!"

Yuri then opened his eyes for the first time since standing and realized he was facing away from everyone. He blinked a few times and took a quick deep breath before turning to the room and making the same gestures.

"Haha, fear not, saviors, your brilliant crime has worked, I've feared the body, huzzah."

Although his voice was notably less enthusiastic, it was still more boisterous than it had any right to be. Yuri then cleared his throat and looked around the room quietly for a few more seconds than you'd expect, but many less seconds than you'd hope. Upon this cursory glance, he deduced that the girl on the floor must have been the victim, and the blood had gone straight to her hair, dying it pink. This would mean that the girl collapsed on the desk was a bystander who the culprit had knocked out, and the attack had gone straight to her hair, dying it blonde.

"Egads... It never gets easy to see this sort of thing, even with my long and storied record of successful arrests."

Yuri wiped away a single tear and steeled himself for the investigation. He picked up one of the myriad roses and flipped it in his hand, pointing the stem outwards. He then approached the poor, unconscious bystander and poked her with the stem.

"Hey there Sunshine, can you still speak? Were you able to see who caused this mess?"

While to Yuri it was pretty clear that he wanted to know who could kill so brutally in broad daylight, to anyone else it might look like a very aggressive way to get acknowledged for getting flowers all over the place. What a mess indeed.
TinyHat

Post by TinyHat »

Classroom - Isabelle

"Haha, fear not, saviors, your brilliant crime has worked, I've feared the body, huzzah."

She stops in the doorway before turning around and running a few feet back to the entrance. There are so many people. Will they notice if I don't show up? Is everyone here? Should I go in anyway? Maybe I could draw while pretending to take notes? Is that a good idea? I should before anyone notices. Has anyone noticed?

She nervously walks back into the room. “Hello. Ma name is Isabelle.” was a mumble. Isabelle looks around to see what desks had been taken. Most near the back were still unoccupied. She walks quickly to the back, and avoided any space near the dusty man with the large black bird. That seemed normal. Right?

-----------------------------------

Thomas meets a new person:

"BIRDIE!!!"

What was that? Thomas jumped in his seat, disturbing the careful arrangement of his things. He quickly rearranged them.

"Oh, hi there! I'm Flo! Sorry if that was a bit... uh, sudden, or anything. I just really like animals! Is- Is it okay if I hold him? Or her?"

Thomas looked around and actually noticed the person who was sitting near him. He assumed that it was a girl since the hair was longer than that of most men that he had read about. But he noticed she wore mostly black, with some faded grey! Finally, someone liked the darkness as much as he did.

“Hello Flo, it is a pleasure to meet such a woman as yourself. My name is Thomas.” He stood up and bowed. Lenore flew around Flo’s head. “This raven is named Lenore. If Lenore would like to be held, I see no problem with that proposal.”

Lenore landed on Flo’s head, letting out a loud CAW.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Ami wanders through the campus, seeing how positively gay everything is.

She was pleased, and new delegation is truly the best way to lead.

She then went to go get a pizza. Thin crust, pepperoni and mushroom with alfredo sauce. Sometimes pizza just needed to have that extra crunch, and marinara is the vanilla of pasta sauces.
since 2008!