[RP] Fate/New Dawn (IC Thread - Game 1)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Re: [RP] Fate/New Dawn (IC Thread - Game 1)

Post by DLA »

Park

Well, you've done a grand job of mucking everything up. Now it's pretty much guaranteed that they know you're a mage, and that one has a picture of you and your bloody name. Rider thought.

"Well, we were just in the area and decided to take a walk around here since it's such a nice day." Olivia responded, still smiling. I screwed up, and I know it. There's nothing that can be done about it now. They know I'm a mage, I can't just erase their memory. All I can do now is try and get more information out of them. She thought back.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Park

"Oh I see, is that the case? Heh. Funny. I loooove walking around this park at this time. It clears my mind... Usually it's not too busy. Yet, I've never seen you around here before. You from... Out of town, or something?"

Archer replied to Linn's email.

Hmm... This quite useful information. I'll be on standby from now on in case anything goes awry. Ready to arrive at the Park at moment's notice if necessary.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
DLA

Post by DLA »

Park

"Like I was telling her, my parents sent me over here to spend the summer with my uncle. Haven't seen him in a while, so here I am." Olivia said. I don't think they're buying it any more. she thought.

Really? What makes you say that? Rider thought. "Yes, I traveled the world quite some time and finally decided to settle down here. Once they received the news, they sent her." he replied. Whatever, I'll just keep going with it even though you pretty much outright told them you're a mage.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Park

"So you have any special plans to do while you're here? Or you just here to take in the sights and settle down?"

Actually... If you can, try and find a vantage point of the park right now. I'm not sure how things may proceed at this point... Bring the other cell with you.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
DLA

Post by DLA »

Park

"Nah, I don't really have anything special planned. Just going to hang out for the most part. How about you? You from around here?" Olivia asked. She didn't know why she was still keeping up the lie despite the fact that they'd probably seen through it.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Park

"Me? I've lived here all my life. I know Fuyuki super duper well! Heck, walking around this park... Probably one of my favourite things to do. It's so... Picturesque, you know? But, well, I guess you realized that too, considering... Well, that's why you got here, no?"

Archer replied through text. Got it. In position now. Text me if you need anything.

gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Park

She blew it, Hoshi thought with a smirk. Now to do what forums have trained me to do for years...BS it.

"A seal? Wuzzat?" Hoshi asked. "I just like to see people's right hands, it's a tradition of my family's culture dating back to the 1700s. I don't know what seals you could be talking about, dude. Unless you've got a tattoo of a cute seal on the back of your hand? Aw man, that actually sounds like an adorable idea, I gotta remember that for later..."

"Excuse her eccentricities," Saber chimed in, trying to cover up his master's tracks. "She's very sheltered and isn't good with people yet."

Hoshi pouted at him. "You don't have to be so rude about it you jerk!"

Saber pushed up his sunglasses. "Regardless. Sorry for bothering you, miss. We'll just be on our way..." I commend you for pushing her into confessing the presence of a command seal, he thought to Hoshi, but pushing your luck would be unwise. We can safely assume she's a Master and follow her with a familiar now to determine her characteristics and class, then be able to properly prepare in a fight against her. There's no reason to continue this interaction with her, we'll merely say something we wish we hadn't...

Hold on, will ya? I wanna see if she's a jerk or not. Who knows, maybe she could help out. If she's not worth out time we'll just walk off, but I'm curious. "So fine, don't show me your hand or whatever seal-girl, but maybe we can still be friends or something. You know, be all buddy buddy and the like. What d'you say?"

This is unwise, master...

Worth a shot just for a reaction.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Park

... Lancer. How dumb does she think I am?

She's definitely involved in the Holy Grail War, that much we've confirmed. Whether she's a potential ally, a neutral party, or a potential enemy... I can't say for certain. I'll defer to your judgment on this.

If I have to be honest... I'm hoping she'll be a neutral party. She might betray me if we ally, but as an enemy... If her Servant is strong enough, it might be better to cut her down instead. And... I'd rather not let it come to that. I've prepared myself to cross some lines in order to win this, but killing someone who can't be older than 18 and who hasn't done anything wrong... I can't say that idea appeals to me.

"Your family has been chopping off people's hands for that long? And they haven't been caught yet? Color me impressed." Subaru said, speaking in a tone of mock-amazement. Well, what did you expect from her? If Hoshi was going to act like Subaru was an idiot, then Subaru was going to continue this joke until she got sick of it.

As if to show how much she wasn't taking Hoshi's obvious lie seriously, Subaru checked the stock market again. Hm. Slight losses, but Subaru felt like they'd increase again as long as she held faith and didn't sell just yet.

"So, why don't you show me the back of your right hand? This tradition is important to you, right? Or you could not do it and confirm the obvious truth. That's fine by me. We could continue this game later. I'm nowhere near as dumb as you seem to think I am. 'Shigeru', at least, seems to know not to underestimate an unknown element, so he has my respect for that." Subaru said, taking off her glasses for a brief moment. She gave an intense glare towards Hoshi, made more striking by the fact that she wasn't wearing her glasses. She seemed to be waiting for some kind of reaction.

Was this wise? Her offer to befriend you... It could have been an offer to become allies in the War. Allies would certainly be a boon. If nothing else, it would mean one less potential enemy to worry about. I realize you're worried about potential betrayals, but I think the benefits outweigh the risks.

... Consider this a test of character. I want to see how she reacts to me calling her out on her transparent lies.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
lazyplague
Spoken languages: English

Post by lazyplague »

Park

Berserker's head slowly turned around to face the sudden crowd of people who had arrived at the park.

And then a huge Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppp... Urp was emitted by the behemoth of a man, echoing throughout the park. Berserker's head turned back around, and he continued to ignore everyone else in the Park.
DLA

Post by DLA »

Park

"Indeed, it is quite a beautiful day, and it's good to get a bit of exercise, which is why we came here." Olivia said. It was becoming increasingly clear to her that she wasn't very good at the whole lying thing. "So, what is there to do around here besides this park?" she asked. She heard a thundering belch, and looked over in the direction of the sound. Isn't that the one you suspected of being Berserker? she thought.

Aye, and it seems my suspicion is all but confirmed. He seems like a dangerous bugger. I'd watch out. Rider thought back.
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Satsuki heard a deafening belch, but didn't even incline her head in that direction. It wasn't like she couldn't guess where it came from. Instead, she kept her eyes fixated downwards, on her black leather gloves. As if desiring to see through them.

"Well, I haven't been in town long myself." Satsuki said dully, though with a slightly playful lilt to her voice. "But my sister tells me that Fuyuki actually is having a sports tourney. Just started up recently, in fact. Are you sure you don't know about it? Apparently it's pretty famous in certain circles."

I thought that we came out here to engage in subterfuge, Master. And now we're abandoning the concept of subtlety entirely?
The ability to be subtle died approximately at the same time Linn opened her mouth, Assassin. Satsuki responded. At this point I'm just rolling with it.
Do as you wish, then.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
DLA

Post by DLA »

"Nope, never heard of it. What exactly is it?" Olivia asked, feigning cluelessness. She had already given up on hiding things, but she wasn't going to outright say she was a mage and part of the Grail War. Rider merely stood there, silently judging her ability to lie to these people, and had so far been disappointed.
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Satsuki shrugged her shoulders theatrically, but her tone remained utterly neutral. "Well, I suppose I can't tell you much about it if you are unaware. It's a very secretive event, you see." She then suddenly raised her head until her blue eyes were gazing right into Olivia's brown ones. "But I have a hunch that you're lying to me."
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
DLA

Post by DLA »

"W-What makes you say that?" Olivia said. There was no point in continuing this any longer. They were onto her. And there was no way she was going to be able to hold up to their questioning. "I've simply never heard of it, is all." she replied, a nervous frown on her face.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Park

While Olivia and Satsuki were having their conversation, Linn stood off to the side listening to what Olivia had to say. And... Well, she was getting tired of the cyclical nature of this conversation. They were just spinning their wheels, learning nothing new, and... This was frustrating her like crazy. She was going to do something about it.

Something might go down soon. Be vigilant.

So, she approached Olivia and sighed. "I thought we were friends, you know?", she said in a relatively mocking sweet-singsong tone. Her tone changed to a much more steely cold tone. "And... As a friend, I really don't appreciate all this bulls*** that you're spewing out at me right now."

"Oh, and on another note... Do my brass knuckles look shiny to you? They just look... perfect to be used right now, you know?