[RP] Fate/New Dawn (IC Thread - Game 1)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Re: [RP] Fate/New Dawn (IC Thread - Game 1)

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Fubuki Bridge

Satsuki resisted the urge to roll her eyes, opting instead to just stared at Linn, hoping that it would communicate her displeasure. This girl simply didn't know how to be subtle. However, regardless, she raised questions worth considering.

Satsuki tilted her head and paused in contemplation. Then she spoke again. "Hm. I don't think we really have enough information to say anything when it comes to teams at the moment. There are several options- let me think about that a bit more." Satsuki suddenly spun her head in the direction that Olivia would be arriving from. Not seeing the girl or her Servant, she continued. "I see absolutely no reason to trust her without any sort of explicit agreement being made, but at least at the moment the three of us appear to be cooperating. We can play the matter by ear, I suppose."
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Fubuki Bridge

"Understandable enough. I... I can't say I'd want to give her the... Same privileges that we have together, but... Push come to shove, I'd much rather have someone on our side than against us. And, well, hey. Maybe she somehow still doesn't realize how we're both... Doing that thing together?"

Linn glanced off in the distance. Still no sign of Olivia and her servant.

"But still... You think it'd be better if... I called for her to actually be here with us? Or... Would that be too suspicious?"

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
NihilisticNinja

Satsuki turned her head back to Linn and shook it. "No, let's keep her in reserve for now, so we can use her as a trump card. Hopefully the resources we have at our disposal will be enough."

Satsuki frowned. "I do wish that we at least knew the kind of person we were dealing with, though. Without that it's impossible to come up with anything resembling a strategy."
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Bridge of (not) Death

"Understood. Just remember-" Linn took out her cellphone, shook it at Satsuki's face, and plastered on a wide grin. "I always have an easy connection to her if need be."

"But... Eh, it's not like we need a plan. It's always important to be able to react quickly and on the spot! I mean, sure, it'd be great to know who the f*** decided to do such a stupid and disgusting thing, but... Hey, if life gives you lemons, you should try and make orange juice! Besides, you're pretty smart. I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something if need be."

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Park

Olivia, after having seen the other two run off, waited a bit. "You stay here." she said, turning to Rider. "Now that we've pretty much confirmed those two were mages with how shifty they were acting, I think they might see my bringing you with me as a threat. If I do run into trouble, you'll know where to find me." She began to stroll off after them to the bridge.

Bridge

Upon encountering the two, she walked up to them. "So, what's up? Either of you found out what the noise was?" she asked, not bringing up the fact that she blew her cover as a mage and that she suspected them of also being mages. She found the loud noise to be the more important issue.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
NihilisticNinja

Fubuki Bridge

After Olivia asked her question, Satsuki paused for a moment, as though in contemplation. She then looked at Olivia and spoke.

"The source of the sound appeared to be a train collision." Satsuki began, speaking with the tone one would typically use when discussing the weather. "I'm uncertain how many casualties there are, but it's quite possible there was a substantial loss of life. There are also a good deal of bodies on the ground around the station; I didn't for a pulse on any of them, however, so I'm uncertain if they are merely unconscious or are also victims."

Another pause. Satsuki moved her hand back to her side, and suddenly spun ninety-degrees, her eyes scanning the bridge. A moment later, apparently satisfied, she turned back to facing the other girl, and began to casually run a gloved hand through her purple hair.

"There were two people at the station who appeared to be beginning a confrontation. If this was intentional- and I heavily suspect it was- chances are that one of them is the perpetrator."

Satsuki took a short breath, and paused again. Her eyes darted across the bridge a second time, before shifting back to Olivia. Satsuki got closer to her and lowered her voice, so that the two girls would be the only ones able to hear her. You could never be too cautious.

"My sister believes that this is a matter we should deal with personally, rather than trying to get the police involved. However, we would need some kind of plan- rushing in blindly will just add chaos to the situation, and without knowing what tricks the perpetrator might have up their sleeve, it could very well end in our deaths. Do either of you have any ideas on how to proceed?"
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Fubuki Bridge

"Ah, so that's what your... sister recommended. I see... But... Hmm... Still... We... We don't have any other choice, do we? It's not like we can make a plan when we literally know jacks***. Why can't we just... I don't know, go in and see what's happening? It's not like, well, we can do anything else right?"

NihilisticNinja

Fubuki Bridge

Satsuki closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Then another. Then another. She then opened them again, and took pains to keep her both keep her voice low and steady- hoping that would be enough to disguise her irritation.

"Charging in blindly is a horrible idea. We have absolutely no idea who we're even fighting against, or what they're planning. We don't know what their capab even know if the two people I saw are working in concert or not. It's incredibly unlikely, but it remains a possibility that we need to consider."

Satsuki looked out over the bridge, and glanced at the still waters as she spoke.

"Right now, we need information before we act. At a bare minimum, we need a better plan than just running in and hoping for the best. We'll need some kind of plan of attack before we can proceed."

She then turned to Olivia.

"Do you have any ideas?"

Hopefully, this would be an adequate cue to drop the formalities- they couldn't plan very well with this open secret hanging over all their heads. But she didn't want to be the one to make the first move; she wanted to make sure that there would be cooperation on all sides first.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Is There a Troll Under This Bridge?

"I think we should try and gather a bit more information. If there's two people in a confrontation, however, it'll be a bit tricky to do so without getting noticed. Perhaps we should try and find somewhere to hide and watch from. Getting involved doesn't seem like a good idea right now without enough information on who we're dealing with, what they can do, and what happened over there." Olivia replied. "Do you know if there's somewhere we won't be noticed that allows for a good view of the two people?"
The Final but not so ending chapter.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Train Station

Lancer, I can already tell this 'Madara' person is going to be an unpredictable opponent. What he's doing might be an act to catch us off-guard. What do you think?

A rather over-the-top Master, and we can't be sure how similar his Servant is. I can't sense his Servant's exact location, but I'm certain that they're just hiding... It might be an act to catch us off-guard for a fatal strike. But personally, I believe he's drunk with power. Power can be a tool of justice, but it can also be a corrupting influence that causes people to stray to the path of villainy! Master, be on your guard!

She didn't have to say it twice. Now that Subaru knew who to direct her anger towards, she actually seemed to calm down a bit... But only if you didn't examine her closely. The fury in her eyes was stronger than ever, and the only thing stopping her from directly attacking 'Madara' was that she expected his Servant to cut her down if she got too close. And really, it would be extremely reckless of her to charge at him while his Servant was hiding... For many, many reasons. Two stood out though. First of all, his Servant could show up and kill her instantly (especially if it was Assassin) and secondly, why would she recklessly endanger herself like that when Lancer was a far more capable fighter?

"Neither option appeals to me very much. I'll pass. Anyway... A new world, huh? If it means I have to give up my stocks, I'll pass on that too." Subaru said. Despite her words implying that she wasn't taking this seriously, the tone in her voice made it pretty obvious that she was. It was as though she was deliberately trying to annoy 'Madara' and ruin his entrance.

She took out another lollipop, but didn't do anything with it. Lancer stayed silent, her attention focused on sensing the enemy's presence in case Subaru was attacked.

"I'm going to ask an obvious question. Why? Just that, seriously. Not going to lie, I'm not the best at understanding why people do some things, but I can see no possible advantage about doing this. ... Speaking of which, are we going to take this somewhere else or what? You have to realize how self-destructive it would be to have a battle here of all places." Subaru asked, crossing her arms.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
NihilisticNinja

Bridge

Satsuki nodded reluctantly. It seemed like a solid plan, but there were a few flaws. Very severe flaws. She faced Olivia and started to talk, speaking slowly and taking deliberate pauses, while making sure to keep her voice low.

First she raised her index finger, her eyes piercing Olivia's. "Well, the first issue is that I'm not sure exactly how to enter the area without being spotted. There is little in the way of covering we could use to enter the location undetected." Then she raised her middle finger. "A secondary concern is that there is little we could use as a hiding place at the train station. So once we have entered their line of sight, we're likely to be spotted immediately." The ring finger followed shortly thereafter. "Finally, we have no idea whether or not those two are alone. If they have unseen allies, it will be even more problematic for us to be able to actually approach them unseen."

Satsuki turned, and redirected her gaze to the water beneath Fuyuki Bridge.

"I'm not positive what we should do at this point. My sister is currently trying to gather intel, so it might be best to wait for results from her."
--------------------------------------------------------
Fuyuki City

The incident at the train station had caused the streets of Fuyuki city to become chaotic, with individuals running this way and that. This made walking through them to reach her destination essentially impossible, so Assassin chose an alternate method. She made sure to conceal herself from the eyes of the panicked civilians; after all, a woman traveling from rooftop to rooftop, clearing distances in large, superhuman leaps, would be a somewhat peculiar sight.

Eventually, she reached her destination. She leaped off a building- landing on her feet- and casually walked into the hotel. She decided to allow herself to be visible again- it would be unfortunate if somebody found themselves bumping into some unseen spectre, after all. It could raise questions.

She walked up to the room that she and her Master shared, and used the key card to enter. She thought about changing into her typical clothing intended for battle, but chose against it- it'd give information to the enemy, and the point of the current venture wasn't to engage in a confrontation. She did grab her weapon from under the bed, however. Just in case.

She then proceeded to exit the hotel and conceal herself again, leaping from roof to roof until she reached Fuyuki Bridge. She then walked right past her Master and her two temporary allies. Now wasn't the time for conversation- now was the time for data accumulation.
----------------------------------------
Train Station

When Assassin entered the area, she noticed the variety of bodies that littered the ground. However, from her appraisal they all appeared to be unconscious rather than dead- fortunate. Whether it was inevitable or not, she wasn't a fan of unneccessary bloodshed.

She saw that the two people they had spotted earlier were still present. She then moved until she was within earshot of the two of them, while still being far away enough that she wouldn't immediately get caught in the battle if they started attacking. Fortunately, in her current state, Master and Servant alike wouldn't be able to spot her unless she chose to attempt to strike one of them. And that shouldn't be necessary- this was reconnaissance, nothing more.

She then waited silently, curious as to how the situation between these two would develop.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Train Station

"Hm... Why? I guess it's because..."

Madara sneered and tapped his ruler on his back like a sword, adopting a typical swordsman's stance. His dangerous, but airy and uninterested air unaffected by Subaru's questions. In fact, it seemed like he was dismissing her questions as mere... trivialities.

"It's fun."

He cracked a sickening grin, his teeth glistening with saliva, his eyes glowing with bloodlust.

"Every day, across this shitty little wasteland we call earth, 150,000 people die. 1,300 people are murdered. Enough to populate a city or so... But, that's just one crime. There are so many other crimes... So many other horrifying, cruel, sick acts..."

He chuckles. Then he laughs. Then he throws his arms out wide and spins in place, like a ballerina.

"And I get to be part of it~! I get to be the one in charge of this hellhole!"

Madara practically squeals in childlike glee.

Pftt... Heh. What the hell was I thinking...

Madara lazily points his metal ruler at Subaru, lightly moving it up and down, poised for attack.

"As for self-destruction... Heh. You think that anyone can stop me? I'm a god-like being! Taking this somewhere else would be... a waste of time."

Swing twice, cutting the air. A metallic "swoosh" playing through the "empty" station.

"Now, then... If you're not here to cry and beg for mercy..."

Madara jumps back and begins a dash towards Subaru that would leave even an Olympic runner in awe; his ruler aimed forward like a sword.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Train Station

... What the... Is he being serious, or is he just trying to unnerve me? Being eccentric is one thing, but this is just... I don't have a word for it. Unpredictable, I guess. An unpredictable opponent can't be underestimated, no matter how tempting it might be to just dismiss them as incompetent. Lancer, be on the lookout for his Servant. He might be trying to distract us so he can launch a surprise attack.

When 'Madara' charged at her, Subaru was surprised for a few reasons. First of all, it seemed like a really reckless move. He had no clue what Subaru's combat capabilities were, so a full charge like that just struck her as rather odd. Second of all, disregarding her own abilities, he HAD to have realized that he was just begging for Lancer to stop his charge and kill him in one strike. Even if he had no idea what Servant he was dealing with, all Servant Classes would likely be able to eliminate him easily enough. Subaru only had a few brief moments to think about whether or not this was some sort of elaborate trap, or if she really was just thinking about it too much. Maybe his Servant had some kind of skill that would make killing their Master a really bad idea...? Was a skill like that even possible? With how wide the pool of potential Servants was, anything seemed possible... Maybe stalling for time would be better.

Lancer, keep a sharp eye out. As long as I'm careful, I should be safe from him. It's his Servant I'm worried about. ... If it really looks like I might get killed by him, then you can interfere. And yeah, I know I'm probably being stupid here.

She was well aware of the fact that Lancer was protesting, but decided to follow the order. As for 'Madara'... Well, Subaru could try to dodge. That was an option. Or she could try to counter. Actually... Considering how close he was... And how fast he was running... Countering seemed to be the better idea. She didn't want to have to reveal her sole noteworthy skill as a magus so early, but it seemed like the best option.

As Madara grew ever closer, Subaru muttered a few words under her breath, and when Madara was about to strike with the metal ruler like one would use a sword... She simply held out both of her hands to catch the metal ruler between them. She had hardly been pushed back at all, and she looked nowhere near as hurt as she should have been. It was then that one could notice that her body was emitting a faint green glow... This was her sole talent as a magus. It wasn't flashy at all, but she could enhance the defenses of other people (as well as herself). How much? ... Enough to stop someone else from smacking her with a metal ruler, at least. For however much that meant.

"What do you think you're doing? Reveal your Servant and let them handle the fighting. I could just as easily have had my Servant kill you right now, but I'd rather give you the chance to not let yourself get killed in cold blood. Or did you imagine that we'd just have a duel between Masters? I wouldn't mind kicking the crap out of you personally, but I'm worried about what your Servant would do to me, you know." Subaru said this much faster than she would have liked to. She could tell that Lancer was conflicted about what she was doing. On one hand, it would certainly be preferable to just eliminate Madara's Servant without spilling any unnecessary bloodshed. On the other hand... Madara had just done something unspeakably evil, and Subaru was taking a risk that even she knew was stupid.

Before Madara could respond, Subaru attempted to kick his stomach, perhaps in an effort to get him to let go of the metal ruler in order to disarm him. If Madara DID take the full blow, then he'd very much be aware of the fact that Subaru's kicks weren't strengthened at all. Her ability enhanced toughness and the amount of punishment one could take, not physical strength.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Train Station

The foot made contact with Madara's ribs, knocking him off balance and sending his spittle flying through the air. He hit the ground and scrambled into a crouching position. He grinned and rolled his eyes back slightly

"Hahaha... Nice kick! I'm a sociopathic asshole! Do you think I care about pain?!"

How cliche. It fits him perfectly.

Left foot, right foot. Left leg, right leg. Madara gets back to his feet and points at his foe.

"Tell me, Hero! Why do you fight?! Good?! Justice?! THE HONEST WAY?! I reject it all in favor of evil! If humanity is fundamentally good, I will reject that concept in itself with my own soul as proof! Only once all of humanity wallows in the filth will I be stopped!"

Madara looks down and shakes his head, chuckling.

"Ah, but I am too smart for my servant. Yes, he disagrees. He thinks beyond a pattern of death and destruction... Of cruelty and sadism... He believes in the fundamental concept of humans being capable of good, for crying out loud."

Madara's laughter turns to a howl of rage, as if expelling a thick layer of vile toxin from his very soul.

"THAT IS WHY I HAD TO GET RID OF HIM! IF HE REFUSES TO FOLLOW MY PHILOSOPHY OF HUMAN REFUSE, THEN I DON'T NEED HIM!"

His head tilts and he lifts his hand, showing the clear skin on it's back. His face contorts like a snake into a smug parody of human expression.

"I let my servant go. I gave him three commands to follow. The first was to destroy the train, the second was to torture himself by destroying his very dignity and the final one... Well... It was, is, to kill himself."

Madara nods to himself, pleased, and makes his way towards the body of one of the station guards, slowly at first but then breaking into a run. Bending down, he picks up their gun.

"I will be the victor of the Holy Grail War, and I will do it alone."
NihilisticNinja

The Train Station

Assassin watches the fight with interest. She'd been hoping for a fight between the Servants- in the best case scenario, they'd end up wearing each other down, and hopefully revealing at least one Noble Phantasm in the process. She'd have to be careful to stay away from the fighting, of course, but she had good enough eyes and good enough reflexes that she wasn't deeply concerned. Worst came to worst, she could get out of the way entirely and nobody would ever be the wiser.

However, one of the Masters seemed desperate to avoid using his Servant, stating that he'd abandoned him- Assassin was highly skeptical; though this man seemed unstable, she doubted that any magus would be dumb enough to cast away their Servant at the beginning of the Holy Grail War, regardless of interpersonal conflict the pair possessed. The insistence on his Servant not appearing caused Assassin to begin to grow wary- was he planning something? Was his Servant busy off fighting somebody else, or just lying in wait for some kind of signal or-

Then he goes to pick up the gun. Panic suddenly struck Assassin- surely the man realized that using a gun against a Master and Servant was ridiculously foolish. But... the man was hardly acting like a rational party. What if he planned to use the unconscious people around them as hostages? What if he shot one of them? She'd seen enough death of innocents today already, and as calm as she'd tried to be when she saw the trainwreck... she couldn't let him possibly kill more innocent people, not if she could stop it.

There were a large amount of reasons to not do anything right now, but she refused to listen to any of them. She couldn't take the risk. She'd cast aside her honor, just this once, and try to kill him quickly.

She prepared to strike- her Presence Concealment fading as she unsheathed her weapon- and, she charged, rapidly closing the distance between herself and the Servantless Master, while quickly sending a telepathic message to her own.

The Bridge

I'm going in.

It took all of Satsuki's self-control to keep from panicking.

Assassin, what on Earth are you doing? You are solely supposed to be there and observe until we can provide backup. What is your plan?

No response.

Satsuki then turned to the other two Masters with her- her temporary allies- and, through some miracle, managed to keep her voice mostly neutral, though a bit of frustration seeped in.

"It appears that my sister is in a bit of trouble. It would probably be prudent for us all to head to the train station and provide support."

Satsuki then dashed in the direction of the train station, desperately hoping she can get there before things go horribly wrong.
Last edited by NihilisticNinja on Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.