Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

lazyplague
Spoken languages: English

Re: Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP)

Post by lazyplague »

... Well, that went easier than expected, Yo thought, sighing and rubbing the back of his neck. He sat up and looked at Shirley. "Well, anyway. Thanks for the apology I guess. Can't be too bad if you can take criticism without raising a fuss." He said, taking a few deep-ish breaths as he attempted to calm down. He was getting mad for tiny reasons. Not good at all.

"Name's Yo Guerra, and I wouldn't call myself a problem student. Couldn't help my rage tantrums, but I didn't cause too much trouble and didn't go looking for it." he said, looking off to the side, "Some things can't be helped."

He groaned, "You satisfied?"
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

Shirley listened to Yo's explanation of the conversation between himself and Ami Cloverfield, and as she listened her eyes went wide. Surprisingly, she stayed completely quiet for a moment until suddenly a smile broke across her face and she somehow seemed to bounce in her seat.

"You -- had rage issues? So there were issues? And, well, you weren't looking for trouble, but there were still problems, so you were still sort of a problem student -- I mean -- YES!" Shirley suddenly stood up, looking ecstatic as she continued to grin at Yo.

"My deduction was actually (sort of) correct!" she said. Evidently, such had not often been the case. "I was actually right about it, I figured something out!" She then seemed to almost strike a pose with her bubble pipe in one hand and her free hand holding the brim of the deerstalker cap. "It's just like the meeting between my great-great-great-great grandfather and the illustrious Dr. Watson. It must be destiny! Do you know what that means?" Somehow, Shirley's grin widened and a dangerous gleam entered her eye.

"It means you're my Watson, Watson!"
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Elementary!

Karen did jump that time. Shirley was going to give someone a heart attack, somehow. Karen calmed her racing heart and glanced over at the bench Yo and Shirley were sitting on. Something about apologizing...

Should I say something? After all, Shirley didn’t exactly... Wait! Karen pinched the bridge of her nose an shut her eyes. Think straight Karen. Don’t back away now!

“It means you’re my Watson, Watson!”

Karen opened her eyes and walked up to Shirley and Yo, noticing that they had finished talking. “I think you should apologize properly, Miss Shirley.” Karen glanced over at Yo. “I understand if you are okay with what Miss Shirley has already said, but I believe that a proper apology is in order.”
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Aaaaaand that's what I get for humoring her. Great. I guess beggars can't be choosers when it comes to friends but... This chick is just silly. I hope she doesn't actually think I'm her sidekick. Yo thought. He massaged his forehead in exasperation, taking deep breaths through his nose. He slouched in the seat before finally realizing something she said- Sherlock Holmes? Great great great something grandfather? Wasn't he a fictional character? Great, she wasn't just silly, she was delusional. Now he wished he could be a chooser.

He sighed, "I'm not your sidekick, I'm not the kind of person who tags along for dumb shenanigans. I just want to get through high school normally." Yo said, sliding his hand down his face as he hoped to god that she would chill. He didn't want to be seen with some weirdo the first day of school, especially when he wasn't even done getting over his own problems.

... Now some other girl is here? Where did she even come from? He ran his fingers through his hair in irritation. He just wanted to relax before school, what did he do to deserve this. Why was she nosing in on their conversation?

"It's way too early in the morning for this."
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

"No, no, no, you're not my sidekick," Shirley said, frowning a bit. "Dr. Watson was Holmes's partner, his comrade, his equal. Both were invaluable to the other, being strong in different fields, and were brought together by destiny." Now the grin returned and Shirley took a moment to puff(?) on the bubble pipe. "So it is with us, Watson. You needn't join me in 'shenanigans,' and heaven help me if I intentionally involve myself with anything so illogical!" ...Says the delusional one.

Shirley then turned and addressed Karen. "Now then, I don't think it's really your place to decide whether an apology between two youths who are strangers to you is adequate! Watson seemed quite satisfied with the apology and I believe his decision can stand."

...Was she really going to call him "Watson" from now on? Presumably she would also be referring to Headmistress Cloverfield as "Mycroft."
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Fantasyhunt

Post by Fantasyhunt »

That comment hurt, a lot.

Karen took in a deep breath and let it out in a constrained sighed. “I’m terribly sorry then,” Karen said, nodding her head to them respectfully. “I guess I should step back and...let you two continue then.”

As said, Karen began to shuffle backwards away from Yo and Shirley. “By the way, Mister Yo, I’m Karen Ferdinand...”

Karen turned her back to them and faced the pathway, awaiting new faces. Three for three students think you’re... I don’t even know! Karen hit her forehead with the palm of her hand, now feeling both embarrassed and frustrated.

Now what do I do?!
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Yo had no clue what was happening any more. Because of that, he was irritated. Why was she turning her back to them out of the blue? Why were both of these girls so inept at interaction that they either acted like oddballs or just gave up? Why did they single him, the one student who wasn't even that interesting? He was just big and had a bit of an iffy past, there was no reason to HUZZAH and be like, wow, figured out you were a butthead. Yo let out a huge sigh.

"I don't care, I'm not your Watson, how about that? I'm Yo. I'm not some doctor or whatever, just some student, like you. We're not even separated by fields." Yo said, obviously beginning to get frustrated.

And then he spoke in a louder voice, "And what's your deal, Ferdinand? You barge into someone's conversation, then act all hurt when they're not happy about that? What's up with that?"

And then a thought popped into his head for no reason.

What is the deal with airline food?
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

"Fine, fine," Shirley said, looking a bit miffed now. "You have a point about us being in the same field. If not Watson then perhaps... Lestrade? Lestrade will do nicely. As for Karen over there, perhaps Athelney. Well-meaning action, but not well-executed." Once she'd said this, Shirley apparently tired of talking and instead relaxed on the bench, leaned her head back so she was simply watching the sky. She went ahead and took a "puff" on her bubble pipe.

Perhaps now was simply the time to sit back and watch. Sherlock Holmes had solved many a case simply by waiting outside a suspected area for hours at a time. Maybe the tension in the air would slowly fade away if she did similarly and behaved less disruptively and sat quietly and allowed Yo to do much the same.

...Great, now she's going to be calling him Lestrade all the time. Not much improvement there, really.
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
Fantasyhunt

Post by Fantasyhunt »

"EEP!" Karen gasped when Yo, and then Shirley, addressed her. She turned around and bit hr lower lip. "I-I... Well you see... I just kinda..." Now she was stuttering and looking ridiculous. Again, at least the looking ridiculous part. "I just don't like it when people go only halfway on certain things. Like school projects, or apologies like before." She kicked the ground and tried to avert her gaze away from. "I just wanted to help, that's all. Sorry."

As if she didn't look bad enough. Her plan was to come to Shelvington Academy, red coat fluttering behind her as she walked, and make herself known as a proud lover of anime and education. Instead though, the world decided to put her up against a punk girl, a Sherlock wanna-be, and a guy that shoved her insecurities into her face.

"Again, I'm sorry for intruding." She clasped her hands together behind her back and sighed. "I just hope I wasn't too much of a bother Mister Yo, Miss Shirley."

She smiled and waited for a response that would (hopefully) be better.

Wait... Who is Athelney?
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Jackie let out an annoyed grunt. "Guuuh, the hell are ya even blabbin' about?" She continued tapping her foot nervously, and was fiddling with her skull earring with one finger.

"It's been like five effin' minutes since we got here, jeeze," she continued. "Ya think ya can go that long without tryin' to pick some fight or somethin'?" She glanced at Yo. "Chill out or somethin', yeesh." A glance to Shirley. "Everyone," she added.

She then turned to Karen for a moment. "Don't worry 'bout their opinions, chick, say what ya feel if ya gotta say it. It's just school, no need to be all deer-in-the-headlights 'bout it." Her look was less annoyed than it was with the others; she looked a bit more sympathetic this time.

Jackie took out her flip phone again. "Damn, when's class s'pposed to start again...?
Spoiler : OoC :
sorry for slow posts, I just got off the Queen Mary ship and am on my way to LA right now so my posting's a biiiiit slow!
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Fantasyhunt

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Karen faced Jackie and her smile widened with hope. "Thank you very much, Miss Jackie," she said tenderly. "I really appreciate your kindness."

Maybe she did have a chance at Shelvington Academy! But there was still the matter of Shirley and Yo that Karen kept in the back of her mind.

"And as for classes, maybe we'll have to wait and see."

Karen looked up at the sky and breathed a sigh of relief. I can't tell if Jackie thinks I'm a weirdo or not, but at least she had a bit of sympathy for me, I think. Still better than before! Karen told herself determinedly, still keeping a tame smile on her face to not attract anymore negative attention. I'm already making a comeback!
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

... He just looked lost, and he sighed, "Well, at least you meant well, as opposed to Ms. Detective over here. Sorry I got mad, just a bit overwhelmed thanks to her." He said, resting his head on his hand, which was resting upon a arm rest. He looked at her with a tired stare, "Can't say I'm exactly unhappy that you interrupted, you're at least less irritating than her so far. That's also not a hard thing to accomplish, though."

And then he heard Jackie, and he gripped his head in irritation again, "You know, if you don't want me to pick fights, you wouldn't flat out insult me about it. I'm trying my best here, dammit! Let me be for a goddamned second, and I won't even have to be a concern." Yo said, his voice growing very obviously angry. He was obviously trying to control himself, but it was getting a bit hard to.

"I'm not even picking fights, what is your deal... I just want to relax." He said quietly, clutching his head in his hands as he breathed.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Ami shrugged. "Classes are rather informal here. You'll all have material to finish by the end of the school year, but that will be on a homework basis. When classes are called, staff will inform you and you'll be called via our PA systems and in updates on your phones and social media." She paced a little in front of the gates, "First there's this here little meet-and-greet, and then I will get y'all settled in whatever domicile you need that we can accommodate. After that, we'll be starting the school year proper. As always, we take suggestions from students for part of our curricular and extra-curricular activities."
Spoiler : OOC :
Classes will most likely be school trips, tests, and presentations- as doing the basic minutia can be a bit of a drag- as anyone who has played Persona can attest to.
since 2008!
Gombarry
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, 日本語のはなしています。

Post by Gombarry »

Simon stood frozen at the gates entrance, not sure if he should really even go inside. Whenever he looked at the school, it felt as if he was looking at some over-decorated Faberge Egg, with the pomposity of it's gates and walls. To think he was going to be trapped here for another year sounded awful to him, but if he was going to truly leave this place behind, he had to go. So with that thought behind, he let out a sigh and hooked up his bike to the nearby rack.

"Well, this is it."

As he approached the gate, he could see the beginnings of a small crowd. They seemed to be drawing a lot of attention to themselves, all thanks to a girl in tweed shouting "ELEMENTARY!" every other sentence. Sherlock cosplay first day of school? Bold. He thought. It was an interesting group, the more you looked. Besides the Sherlock fangirl, you had the Headmaster, a teacher,who seemed a bit pissed, a punk rocker with a rather distinct accent, and then just a normal student, who looked more than overwhelmed with the whole situation.

"This might no be so bad." Simon chuckled, almost relieved. He thought it was just going to be stuck up decadents with too much time on their hands. It was a breath of fresh air. And with new found confidence and a smirk on his face, He decided now was as good as any to make a good impression.

"Yo hey, Headmaster and Co." Said Simon almost gleaming "Don't mind if I join in, right?
Holy Turnabout: Part 1 Coming Soon!
Creator of Minoru Akihiro and Jake Atari in Endless Time
Creator ofAntonio Fernandez Carriedo and plays Claudine Leferve in Final Warfare
Creator of Zorro in Redemption at Spirit Isle
Creator of Luke Andrews in Desertia
Creator of Xamen Yem in Infinite Odyssey
Shadowsleuth wrote:BE UNHAPPY DARN IT!
Ami

Post by Ami »

"Don't mind at all, join in the fun." Ami put on a smile, but things were rather tense in the beginning. Yo was temperamental and the other kids have instantly zeroed in on that and have started poking him. Ami knew the outsides were ostentatious, but she liked it sometimes. Especially since these days she shapes this school to her leisure. She could do without the walls, but they had a sense of nostalgia. Perhaps she'd commission some murals. Or maybe she'd just tear it down to add more colorful bricks in a pattern.
since 2008!