Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

lazyplague
Spoken languages: English

Re: Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP)

Post by lazyplague »

Screw it. A little antagonistic behavior doesn't hurt as long as I don't go too far. I'm salty. Just gotta wait until the perfect chance to send a verbal smack down appears.

Yo stood up from his seat, making his towering figure all the more obvious. He stopped next to the group, and looked down at Simon, "I heard you mention food places, and I'll say I'm interested. I live in a different area, so I don't know this area that well. A little help finding somewhere to eat would be nice." He said, his voice a lot less anxious than it was before. He yawned a bit.

"Name's Yo Guerra, and I'm a senior. Hopefully unlike that little pile-on before, that is currently shifting towards little Miss Punky over here, we can get along." He said, looking down at Simon.
Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Karen internally sighed and rubbed her still sore back. Well, it is nice not to be noticed when it matters, she said to herself.

With her spring back in her step, Karen clambered to her feet. She took a brief moment to straighten her coat and readjust her white gloves.

"May I join you after school? For the meal after school, I mean?" Karen interjected, brushing off her coat. "If it's okay, I would like it a lot if we could all become better acquainted." Her eyes turned to glance over Simon. He seemed nice enough. "And like Miss Shirley said before, Mister Simon, my name is Karen," she added and motioned to herself.
Gombarry
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, 日本語のはなしています。

Post by Gombarry »

Spoiler : OoC :
Going to be at work for the rest of the day. So I'll make a post when I get home later
Holy Turnabout: Part 1 Coming Soon!
Creator of Minoru Akihiro and Jake Atari in Endless Time
Creator ofAntonio Fernandez Carriedo and plays Claudine Leferve in Final Warfare
Creator of Zorro in Redemption at Spirit Isle
Creator of Luke Andrews in Desertia
Creator of Xamen Yem in Infinite Odyssey
Shadowsleuth wrote:BE UNHAPPY DARN IT!
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

Shirley quirked an eyebrow at Yo Guerra's remarks about a pile-on and "little Miss Punky." Truth be told, she wasn't sure if he was talking about her and Jackie, or just Jackie. Shirley merely shrugged. As far as she could tell, Sherlock Holmes was not one to let emotions like anger rule her, so she would try not to get worked up about the remark, even if it did refer to her. Perhaps that was where she'd gone wrong earlier in the conversation by letting her enthusiasm rule her instead of being a bit more calm and controlled? Maybe. She'd have to think about that.

In the meantime, she turned to Jackie and decided to ask about something that had popped into her head a few moments ago. "Excuse me, Jackie, but the more I think about it the more familiar that logo on the back of your jacket seems," she said, gesturing to Jackie and raising an eyebrow in query. "But I'm not sure I can place it. What exactly are the 'Rocket Surgeons?'"

Shirley was relatively new to the area, after all. While the Homes family did own a manor here (as "Ms. Hudson" was currently driving to it), it was merely one of multiple manors they possessed (the absurdity of wealth strikes again). This spring was the first time Shirley had gone to it and it was the first time living in Calipan for her. So while it was possible she'd seen a poster for the Rocket Surgeons somewhere before, or overheard someone on the street mention them by name, she didn't seem to actually know or recall what they were.
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

Spoiler : Character app :
Name: Paolo Paulman

Likes: Desserts, dogs, Mixed-Martial-Arts, Elise, the piano, old anime, sports.

Dislikes: Being confused with a girl, Elise, the color pink, blood.

Appearance:Image
Paolo Paulman is a brown,latino and a bit androgynous guy, he's not that tall, being 173cm. He has a skinny-fit build and a soft face.

Appearance after page 71:Image

Backstory:Paolo Paulman was born in extreme poverty, he and his family didn't had a roof or bed, and even sometimes food. Despite that Paolo managed to be happy, he enjoyed playing with the other kids, the dogs that lived on the streets and his younger brothers. When Paolo was 8, he meet a beautiful blond girl, the girl was being picked on by some bullies, and Paolo decided to interfere, the bullies ran away, and one dropped something, it was a lottery ticket, a winning one actually, Paolo saw the opportunity of taking out his family from the streets and took it to his parents instead of giving it back to it's owner. With the money of the ticket, Paolo's parents decided to move the family and some friends to the U.S.A, there, they oppened a restaurant of Mexican Food, that later became a multi-billionaire chain. Now Paolo's family is one of the most richest and powerful families in the world. Sadly, even with the money, things still were difficult for Paolo, thanks to the blond girl that he met on his childhood. The girl and his family also moved with Paolo's family to the U.S.A. This lead to girl, named Elise, and Paolo becoming extremely close, to the point where they developed a relationship. At the time that Elise and Paolo started dating, he was struggling with a lot, he had just come to the realization that he wasn't only interested in boys, but that he definitely wasn't a girl, this messed up Paolo a lot, but that wasn't all... 2 years have passed since that, Paolo moved recently to the capital with his family, he's still hurt by what happened two years ago, but now that he is in a new city, with new people and new surroundings, he is sure he will finally find happiness.
Last edited by Hesseldahl on Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:47 am, edited 6 times in total.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Spoiler : GM OOC In Response To App :
App accepted!
since 2008!
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Jackie, who was standing with an embarrassed look on her face as she bit her lip and tried to hide behind her hair, suddenly beamed at the mention of the logo on her back, like a dog hearing its owner come home from work.

"The Rocket Surgeons are the kickass-iest punk rock band in the whole damn country!" she proudly proclaimed as she gestured to the logo on the back of her jacket with one thumb. "I'm the lead singer and founder of the band. We ain't too widely known yet but I can bet'cha we're gonna hit the big leagues once we hit the road and take our music 'cross the globe!" There was an earnestness in her voice when she talked about her band that made her seem to completely forget her accidental outburst a moment ago. She looked like she could talk about it all day if she wanted. "You should check out our concerts some time, the band's kinda full of assholes but they play great."

A little more chipper now, she continued. "So uh...Sorry 'bout that thing a moment ago, I ain't really much of a thinker. If you want me to make it up to ya I'd be willin' to pay yer bill or somethin'. I'm just here cuz I got dragged into it, I really don't wanna be at this dump, but the least I could do is cough up some cash when I pummel the student body..."
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Spoiler : App - The Princess :
Name: Princess Sarah Amira Elibazeth Flaithe
Likes: Horseback-riding, desserts, tea, reading, golf, listening to music, internet-culture, video games, techie-stuff, being pretentious.
Dislikes: Frilly dresses, rude people, selfies, being ignored, not having friends, getting emotional, being vulnerable in front of others.

Appearance: Elibazeth is a beautiful young woman with piercing gray eyes and wavy auburn hair that reaches her waist (with the side locks cut so that they only reach her shoulders). She stands at about 5’5”, not too short but not too tall either. Despite her fondness of being pretentious, Elibazeth almost looks like she’s ready to ride a horse at moment’s notice. So she wears some rather simple clothes, at least in comparison to what real royalty wears. For the top she wears a formal, white, elbow-length blouse under a low-cut, navy blue waistcoat. At the bottom she wears copper-brown plaid breaches with brown, knee-high laced boots. She also likes to wear a puffy, round, navy blue golf cap and white gloves.

Backstory: Elibazeth is the only daughter of a family that owns one of the leading technology companies in the world, Flaithe Tech. Though not an actual princess by birth, many people believed her to be one whenever she introduced herself, something she actually liked to here. However, while most people now would see Elibazeth as a social butterfly, always having the aura of confidence and charm that makes her easy to approach and talk to, almost none of them know her troubled and lonely childhood.

As a child, Elibazeth was a shy girl who preferred spending her time alone in her room playing with her toys or the latest gadgets her parents got her. No matter how hard she tried, she could never make any friends at school, mostly because she was the kind of kid that would be weird and awkward around others. Whenever she would approach anyone, she would always freeze up and not know what to say, and whenever someone tried to talk to her she'd shy away from conversation and try to hide. This would continue on until elementary school, where she suddenly found someone she made friends with, Xander Paige. Though her friend was almost every bit like her in terms of personality, or arguably worse than her, having someone to relate to gave her some sense confidence. This person would come to be her only true friend throughout her time in elementary. With Paige's friendship alongside her parents' efforts to help her, Elibazeth made a change for the better as the years went on.

Ask her about this past and she wouldn't want to share it as it makes her feel vulnerable and open, as it is something she'd rather forget. Though she is much more sociable now, she still retains some aspects of her introverted nature, such as the love for being on a computer and using the internet to browse sites, watch videos, and play games. Though even this is something she doesn't let much people know, as it is a side of herself she is not comfortable in other people knowing. If she gets too emotional, there is a high possibility she'll regress and want to retreat to a comfort zone until she manages to pull herself together and snap out of it. She'd much rather have people see her as how she acts, the beautiful and charismatic "Princess" with a flair for the pretentious, which in actuality is just her trying to live a life she could never really have as a child. She had the money and the resources after all, and she wasn't afraid of using them to live an exciting life. Though she acts all prim and proper, she can be a kind and supportive friend once you get to know her well, and a mean-spirited and harsh enemy with a sharp tongue if you cross her or anyone she cares about.

Now presented with the opportunity of attending Shelvington Academy, Elibazeth is excited for a whole new world of possibilities and the thrill of being in high school, where she can't wait to have memorable experiences. With Xander in tow, she's ready to be as pretentious as she can be.
Spoiler : App - The Servant :
Name: Xander Sergius Deacon Paige
Likes: Elibazeth, manners, proper posture, his butler suit, being of service to others.
Dislikes: Disloyalty, dishonesty, disrespectful people, making contact with water, conflict, horses, seeing Elibazeth troubled, being served by others.

Appearance: Xander looks quite androgynous, with most people usually mistaking him for a girl. His black hair is styled as a bob cut, which doesn’t really help people identify him as male. He doesn’t change it since he’s grown fond of the hairstyle, no matter what people think. He has calm, black eyes and almost expresses no emotion whatsoever on his face.

Being a butler, Xander looks his part, which is also probably the only thing that helps people think he’s a guy. He wears a black, buttoned tailcoat with a white, collared, long-sleeve shirt underneath. He also wears black slacks and black leather shoes. With his black hair and black eyes, the first color people would think when they see him would really be no question.

He’s also rather short for a guy, only standing at about 5’2”. This is something he is embarrassed about especially when beside Elibazeth.

Backstory: What is known about Xander is that he is said to come from a family that owns a fancy restaurant with each member serving there for life. So it is assumed that, at a young age, Xander Paige was trained in the arts of service by his family. The odd thing about him is that he is always seen wearing his butler suit. Something he has done for as long as people have known him. When he appeared at an elementary school wearing a tail coat, he got stares from everyone in class. He was stoic and quiet, not showing much emotion to others. His movements were always precise and careful, perhaps even almost robotic to some, which made them afraid to walk up to him. In turn, he was too socially inept to actually do anything about it, so he resigned himself to his lonesome.

At least, until Princess Elibazeth Flaithe approached him.

Since then, he's always been at her side. Though not much has changed about him, he felt an attraction to Elibazeth. It was as if he was compelled to be by her side, or perhaps it was because she would never leave him alone. He didn't particularly mind, as it seemed to make the girl happy. Eventually, they formed an entire act with her acting as a royal Princess and he as the loyal servant to Her Highness. He was given a purpose in life, and that was what gave him motivation.

He is almost always by Elibazeth's side, whether it be because he needs her or she needs him, one cannot say. Though he has made improvements over time thanks to Elibazeth's help, he is still a man of little to no words and never seems to express himself, to the point where he finds it easiest to talk using a whiteboard and a marker and even having a name tag introducing himself constantly pinned to his coat. Though what he lacks in social skill he completely makes up for with his talents. Xander is multi-talented, likely because of how he was raised as a child by his family. He has shown to be an exceptionally fast learner when it comes serving other people. He can serve as a chef, a waiter, a chauffeur, a bodyguard, a gardener, a nurse, a repairman… You name it, he could probably do it. If he can’t, he’d know how to by next week.

One of the things that has always troubled him is how he is easily mistaken for a girl, even until now. Some say this is the reason why he always wears a suit, but this has had only a marginal success rate. His height only adds to his insecurities, especially when he's around people taller than him. This is worse when the person is a girl, like Elibazeth. Though most would assume he doesn't mind much of anything as he always puts on that mysterious, stoic face that no one can read. Only carefully observant people would be able to note his body language in such moments of insecurity. If you manage to catch him without Elibazeth around, he won't really talk if you struck up a conversation with him. If he could reply with a simple nod or shake of his head, he'd do so. Otherwise, he'd write it out. He is a pacifist by nature and avoids physical conflict as much as possible unless it means protecting someone he cares about, especially Elibazeth.

Now on his way to Shelvington Academy with his friend Elibazeth, Xander is prepared to serve and learn no matter what it takes. Even if that means riding a horse.
Edit:
Oh ho ho ho, found yourself way back here? Well then, perhaps you'll get to see some changes.
Last edited by Alnar on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Spoiler : gm ooc :
Apps accepted!
since 2008!
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

Shirley nodded as Jackie spoke and she couldn't suppress her smile. When talking about her band, Jackie's mood had changed so much that she almost seemed like a different person compared to how she'd been acting before. It was fairly clear that the band was Jackie's pride and joy in life, and Shirley couldn't help but wonder what the Rocket Surgeons sounded like.

...And she then immediately regretted it as she imagined a wretched cacophony of screeching metal on metal. In trying to emulate Sherlock Holmes, Shirley had stuck to only music her "ancestor" would've listened to. As a result, she quite literally didn't know what she was missing and tended to consider rock music as nightmarish simply from habit.

"Well, good luck in all your endeavors with the Rocket Surgeons," Shirley said with a tight smile and a quick nod. "I wonder if anyone else here has heard of them...?"
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

The dorky blue and yellow boy:

Well this is the first time I enter a new school without you.

"Yaaawn." Paolo looked at his phone, he was late, as usual. He opened his closet, it was full of clothes, girly clothes and manly clothes. "Why do I still have this?", he of course took his manly clothes, since he was so manly.

His parents and brothers had already got out of bed, took breakfast and left for their respective activities, they left him a cappuccino and a toast with Nutella. " They know me so well." Paolo gladly took them and walked to school, why would someone as rich as him walk to school, because it was in front of the school, duh.

There he was, at the entrance, ready for a new year full of happiness and hope, a year without her. Everyone in the school was colorful and unique, like that group that was chatting with each other, and between those people there was Jackie Crow, she was really cooo underground artist and Paolo's ex-girlfriend really liked her, Paolo couldn't resist running to where she was. "¡Oh mi dios! It's you! I can't believe it! My gir...um brother looves you, It's so impressive being next to you, I thought you were a little bit taller and older, but who cares! Could you please take a selfie with me!?" He took his phone out and took a selfie without permission of the artist. "My brother isn't going to believe me when I show him this! My name's Paolo by the way." And that's how Paolo introduced himself.
Last edited by Hesseldahl on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Far off in the distance of the wide, open road, a carriage drawn by two horses approached the school entrance. It was exactly the type of carriage you'd see in the olden times used for transporting royalty, an extravagant, gold-accented black carriage pulled by equally prestigious looking white stallions. As the royal transport neared it's destination, it gradually slowed to a full stop, a good distance away from everyone else. The driver seated at the front of the box looked every bit like a generic royal guard, completely forgettable and indistinguishable. For a while, nothing was seen moving aside from the idle stance of the two horses, even the driver seemed to be as frozen as a statue. Finally, after some time, the carriage door slowly opened and out stumbled a... girl? It was hard to tell really, the fancy, black butler suit they were wearing suggests the but the person was a male, but the hair and certain features of the would make others think female. One thing was for sure, at least, they definitely looked like they were steadying themselves. Possible motion sickness from the carriage ride perhaps?

After a good half minute, the butler produced a trumpet and some kind of wooden platform from the carriage and slowly walked to the front, staying a careful distance away from the horses, one would notice. The butler faced the crowd gathered at the front gate, his (or her?) face showing no emotion whatsoever. With no words spoken, the butler placed the platform beside him, raised the trumpet, and played a majestic fanfare fit for a royal ceremony. Really, it almost sounded as if there were 10 trumpet players instead of one with how loud he was playing.

And that was the signal.

From far down the winding road another figure comes to view. This time it's someone riding a horse followed by at four others in a delta formation. The ones to the side looked just as generic as the carriage driver, but the one leading the charge out front definitely stood out. Riding atop a palomino was a girl with long auburn hair tucked under a navy blue golf hat, eyes covered by sunglasses in order to block the sunlight. The horses quickly made it down the road, nearing the carriage in no time. The four horses stopped a good ways away from the gate, leaving the girl to charge the rest of the way. Just as it seemed just she would crash into the carriage, the horse majestically leaped over the whole thing, bringing itself to a halt right before the wooden platform, almost as if precisely calculated. The butler seemed to look uncomfortable beside the horse, but he held his stance. The girl held her pose for a moment just before getting off the horse, using the wooden platform as support.

Upon touching solid ground, Elibazeth smiled, obviously pleased with the results. "Marvelous work Paige, precise calculations as usual!" she says to the butler, who seems to have the name 'Paige'. "Nothing like a good ride down a long stretch to begin your day. Now, you may dismiss everyone else, they have served their purpose." She turns to face the five other escorts who were there. "Wonderful work everyone! See you again next semester!" she exclaims, waving.

The butler 'Paige' takes several pieces of luggage from the carriage and motions the driver as well as the other escorts to leave. They left as fast as they arrived and were out of sight, whether they'll be here again next time around is a complete mystery.

She walks to the front gate, with 'Paige' following closely behind with the luggage. Her eyes were still hidden behind her sunglasses but she seemed to make eye contact with everyone she passed, greeting them with a cheery "Good morning!" and a smile. The butler simply nodded to everyone he walked by. She looked up to the headmaster and extended her hand for a handshake.

"Good morning Miss Cloverfield. Princess Sarah Amira Elibazeth Flaithe, but you may call me Elibazeth." she says, putting stress on the word 'princess'. "I have enrolled in your school for this year, and hopefully more to come. This is my butler, Paige. Also enrolled as a student, mind you." she gestures to the luggage-dragging person behind her, who bows in respect to Ami.

"Anyway, I love what you've done with the place. I do hope for a prosperous school year!"
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Jackie was admittedly a bit...blindsided by Paolo's approach. She was still trying to keep up with what he was saying by the time he was already snapping photos with her; her face in the selfie looked dazed and confused, like she just jolted awake from a deep sleep or something. Jackie was never fond of the whole "selfie" thing herself, she always felt it was just the work of a bunch of jerks bragging about how much they absolutely adore themselves to as many people as they possibly could. Then again, she could have just been jealous her phone had no front-facing camera. It also occurred to Jackie that this Paolo kid called her short, and she could feel her fist clenching with anger...but after the last incident decided to just take the ego bruise and try not to let the anger flare up again.

"...Right," she finally said to the boy. "Glad to meet a fan. Tell yer bro I said howdy or whatever." She was bad at hiding the irritation in her voice, but at this point it was better to at least make the effort to keep it down before the entire student body started hating her. Not to say she expected to like much of the student body given how pretentious the place seemed, but the least she figured she could do is PRETEND to give a crap.

And then...the princess happened.

With a flashy entrance Jackie could only think to describe as "overcompensating for something", a new student approached the group and introduced herself to the headmaster as Princess Sarah Amira Elizabeth Flaithe. "Princess..." Jackie mimicked mockingly under her breath. "You pay yer daddy for those half a dozen names, ya little..." She tried to keep her voice down so as not to be heard, but her growing impatience was easy to see on her face. Between people already being miffed at her, sudden selfies, and this Pretty Pretty Princess crap, she was growing less and less keen with this school and just wanted to get moving.

"Are we done here yet?" Jackie shouted to the headmaster. "We've got things to do, y'know, or are we gonna stand around like sign posts outside this gate all effin' day?"
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

Paolo's entrance didn't disturb Shirley much; there was only a bit of tension when Paolo mentioned her... height deficiency, as though Shirley was preparing to spring into action again. Fortunately, it proved to be entirely unnecessary.

And then, to borrow the words of another, the princess happened.

"First Athelney's helicopter, now this..." Shirley remarked, and she seemed ever so slightly unnerved, as though she had truly never imagined something like this could happen. Wait, who was Athelney? It was... Karen? It was becoming worryingly apparent that Shirley was not about to let any of her nicknames go any time soon. "You and I are most certainly in agreement on this, Irene. Sometimes it's just too much. To think I was worried about my car being too fancy for a simple student of Sherlock Holmes... I really wasn't expecting the Queen of England to attend this school." Hold on, hold on -- Irene? Queen of England?

It was clear that the "Queen" was Elizabeth Flaithe -- the royal motif was extremely apparent -- but who was Irene? Irene Adler was an opera singer, so... singer... Jackie? Was Shirley truly that determined to associate everyone with a Sherlock Holmes character? And if Shirley thought that opera singing and punk rock were similar enough genres, she truly did not understand modern music.

Suddenly, Shirley snapped her fingers and she narrowed her eyes a little. "Hold on... Flaithe? I feel as though I recognize that name... and not because you're royalty." Shirley frowned for a moment before continuing. "Aren't you the daughter of a businessman, or something else like that?"
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Elibazeth seems to frown, whether at Jackie's language or at Shirley's question it was unsure. She does seem to respond to Jackie first however.

"My, you certainly are blunt. Though I can't blame you if you've been standing out here for long. The morning heat must be dreadful." she says, seemingly sympathizing with Jackie. Elibazeth takes a closer look at her at seems to be thinking something. "Hm, you look familiar but I can't for the life of me figure out why."

Elibazeth shrugs and turns to Shirley to dismiss the question with a tut. "Hmm, little personal don't you think, detective?" she says, taking note of Shirley's attire. "Ah well, not like it's that hard to find out who I am. But just for the fun of it, let this perhaps be a little mystery for you to solve, for now, I am who I say I am: Princess Elibazeth Flaithe. As for you... what do I call you miss...?" she says to the detective girl, waiting for her to supply a name.

Meanwhile, the butler taking his eyes off of Elibazeth to take care of luggage, notices the giant man beside him. The butler stares at the man with some sort of expressionless fascination, like a couch potato staring at a static TV screen.