Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Re: Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): Costume Party

Post by Hesseldahl »

Behind the Dorms-Paolo:

The heart of Paolo started racing, it had been long since someone called him cute, but it was more impressive when Gwen decided to take it 10 steps further, she was too close, even if he was used to physical contact, this type of contact was different, some people, may think that only touching someone's shoulders doesn't mean anything, and normally Paolo would be with those people, but that phrase that Gwen had used, was smooth, too smooth for it to be something casual.

"I'm sorry Gwen." He said, pushing her hand from his shoulder really softly. "But are you flirting with me?"

Paolo's defenses were almost down.

Gymnasium-Gleen:

"BARK BARK BAAAAAAARK" Barbara started was starting to get annoyed, that was clear to Gleen, but the why wasn't.

Hmm, there are two possibilities, either Barbara can't reach the food at the buffet, or the suppoused person I'm talking to did something to Barbara.
I think I'm more interested in the second possibility, it's more interesting, the new question is, why didn't they respond to my introduction? I have two ideas, either they don't want to talk to or...they can't talk to me.

Gleen had made a conclusion, the person in front of them couldn't talk to them.

"Hey, are you mute!? Please clap two times if you are!"
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Gymnasium - A Waltz for Two

"W-Wait, I-EEP!"

Jackie let out another squeak as Elibazeth pulled her in close. Jackie could feel something pop in her brain and her face burn a firey red beneath the white blotches on her face. And then, the two were dancing. Jackie thought about pulling away in the very brief moment where she could think about anything, but she just followed Elibazeth's lead and tried her best to catch up.

The hand in Elibazeth's clutch twitched and shifted about awkwardly. The clown girl's breathing was fluctuating pretty noticeably. The quick, heavy beating of her heart could be felt at that close a distance. Her gaze dashed about the room, stressed and unable to focus. The awkward pitter-patter of small, bare feet failing to keep a rhythm could be felt as Jackie's toes occasionally brushed and slipped over Elibazeth's shoes. Jackie's free hand rested stiffly on Elibazeth's shoulder, since the girl clearly wasn't sure what to do with it. Her dancing was rough, and stiff, and...scared.

When Elibazeth asked her question, Jackie clearly struggled to respond.

"I-I...I..." She gulped, and her eyes shut tightly as the other girl led her about. "I just l-like this kinda stuff! Y-Y-Y'know?! Is there...something wrong...with...ngh..."

Her eyes opened back up, but she was staring down...she didn't seem to be looking at anything in particular. "I...asked someone else to set my costume up for me. S-Someone I...kinda..." Her hand tightened around Elibazeth's. "T-This is what I got...i-it's funny, right? It's so...s-so..."

Her voice trailed into whimpers.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

The Ash Raichu
Spoken languages: English

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Gymnasium - Flo:

"Ha ha! I know I don't have to, but I do anyways. That's just how I work, I guess!" Having had the punch taken off her hands, she used her open hand to rub at the back of her neck for a couple of seconds before grabbing her staff, and turning toward Terrence. "Aw, man! I'm jealous now! I've always wanted something like that, but Jazz won't go for it... I wonder why... Oh! You can call me Flo!" The tall girl rested her staff in the fold of her arm and stuck out a hand for another handshake. Flo didn't really mind having to introduce herself so often. It was just another opportunity to make a friend!

Food Tables - Jazmine:

"SCREW YOU!"

A shout rang out through the area, prompting Jazmine's eyes to snap open, looking for the cause of the commotion. The next thing she knew, she was watching that demon woman...

...waltzing...

...with a clown...

...Wait. That wasn't... Maybe it wasn't. She didn't know the girl well enough to tell, but was that the same girl from the Track?

Oh, this'll be good.

Behind the Dorms - Gwendalyn:

UV let out another playful giggle when Paolo asked his question. He seemed so clueless. She'd compare him to a Light Novel protagonist if she knew what a Light Novel was. "Teehee~! Why else do you think I'd call you 'cute,' silly?" You could almost see the syrup dripping from her tongue as she asked that. Then, Paolo tried brushing her hand off her shoulder. For a moment, it occurred to her that she might've been laying it on a bit too thick. Then she remembered he just had to ask if her obvious flirting was flirting. So she decided to push a little further with it.

"Aww... not there?" Her smile hadn't faded. Instead of removing her hand altogether, she slowly slid it down his body until it reached his pectoral. From there, she could feel his heart pounding at a mile a minute. From there, she could conclude one of two things, either he was scared, or he was falling for her charms. Or both. With her other hand, she softly grasped Paolo's right wrist, and brought herself closer to him, to the point where their noses were almost touching. She spoke to him with a near whisper. "Is this better?"

Gwen knew that wouldn't be enough, though. That alone would just make him uncomfortable. She needed something to talk about. Something to compliment. She thought back, and the only thing that stuck out in her mind was his fight with the white-haired girl. Well, she could work with that. Still holding onto it, Gwen decided to playfully run her fingertips across his wrist while she kept talking, in the same barely audible, sickly sweet tone.

"Now that I think about it a little... that white-haired girl you beat up seemed like a real meanie. You were after her to punish her for something, weren't you? Teehee~! Jackie and Violet really were right about you~! I just know that with your big heart of gold, and these nice, strong arms and legs of yours, you can even keep a complete witch like me safe from harm~!" After another playful giggle, she decided to probe him again to see his thoughts. She was still a little worried she was moving too quickly, but there was another saying.

Fortune favors the bold.

"Well...? I haven't hurt you at all... I'm not that bad... am I?"
tb2fan

Post by tb2fan »

Outside the Gymnasium

If Harmon had any doubts that he was standing outside the Gymnasium, the music and big sign over the doors that said "Gym" were a pretty good indicator. Finally. Without a word, he held up the outfit he was going to wear, and in one fluid motion, swept his arm over his body. In a ripple of cloth, he stepped forward, now completely dressed in what could only be described as quite possibly the greenest outfit to ever grace the school. The shirt, the pants, the stupid little hat... all green. The only two things that weren't green was the red feather in his cap and the pair of brown leather moccasins. He had also somehow managed to apply pointed ears in the brief second that he changed clothes... How? Though probably a better question was... where did his normal clothes go?

Meanwhile, if anybody in the front lobby looked, a neatly folded white suit could be seen laying on top of a steamer trunk... that wasn't there before.

With all the youthful energy of the young lad from Neverland, Harmon strutted through the doors of the gymnasium

Gymnasium

Barely stopping to lock eyes with any one student. He sort of just looked vaguely around as he made a move for the punchbowl. For a new kid who hadn't even been in the school 20 minutes... he sure walked like he owned the room.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Gym

Normally, Opal would have accepted Nina's offer for a rematch - after all, the duel they had was quite fun, and she didn't want to end on a losing note. However, looking at how haggard and tired Nina looked...

"Um... Are you sure you're okay, Nina? You look like... a car ran over you or something..."

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Gymnasium - Xander

The dog suddenly started barking, causing Xander to react by pulling away from the animal. Now that he had been sufficiently disturbed from his thinking, his head looked up to see just who was walking their dog in front of his face. It was then he saw the vacant stare of the person in front of him and the nature of the dog itself.

"Hey, are you mute!? Please clap two times if you are!" asked the person.

Xander stared back at them for a good minute as he sat there on the floor with the pieces of his broken whiteboard in front of him. Even if it weren't broken it'd do him no good. Instead, he took on of the pieces, placed his finger on it and tapped.

*toc* *tic* ... *toc* *toc* *toc*
(NO)

He did not tap again, but the message was clear.

It was true anyway.

Gymnasium - Zalibadeth and Clownie

She tried her best to keep Jackie steady. Elibazeth had a fan strapped to her waist and wooden Japanese slippers. It didn't help that Jackie was dreadful at keeping with the rhythm, which is ironic, wasn't she supposed to be a musician? But she supposed singing and dancing were similar in the way of music but otherwise a completely different talent. And to give her the benefit of the doubt, the dance was a waltz. Not exactly the type of thing you'd see in the underground parties or raves. It couldn't have been more different than princesses and punk rockers.

Elibazeth held Jackie as reassuringly as she could, whether it be in the way she held her shaking hand or in the way she carried the both of them in dance. She found her Jackie's flustered behavior cute. She giggled a little bit as she carefully spun her around once. Though Jackie wasn't looking back, Elibazeth did her best to catch her gaze.

"Hmhm~ So you mean to tell me the Jackelyn Crowsworth is into make-up, rainbows, clowns and jokes?" she said, taking her usual regal princess tone. "Forgive me if I may not believe you on that."

She slowed down a bit, transitioning into a gentle sway. They were almost out of sight from most of the crowd. When Jackie's words started trailing off, Elibazeth took the moment and spoke for her, speaking in a normal voice this time time, with an evident concern. She could feel there was something off about her, the way she moved, the way she wouldn't look her in the eye. This was all so...

"So... Not you." she said, rather bluntly in fact. "Costumes are meant to be something we see in ourselves that we wish to express. When you have someone pick your costume for you, you've trapped yourself in that person's image. Which could be entirely different from what you think! On something you can relate to... it's like asking someone to write your song for you. You get what I mean? "

Her eyes looked away, as if caught in a daydream. "This party, this costume, for me they are a way to express myself! I've... always wanted that, I suppose." her voice trailed off for a moment as her thoughts went to a distant memory.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Gymnasium - Nina

"Pffta ha ha ha!" Nina pulled herself back up, on wobbly legs. "P-Please! Cars don't run over me, I run over cars!" She wipe away some sweat. "Sometimes literally...anyway, that's fine! Something a little less...lower-body-heavy can be nice. Variety's healthy for the brain, or, something. Iunno!"

She twisted back and forth at the hip, stretching a bit and popping her joints. "Phew! Alright, I chose the dancing thing. Anything you wanna do, uh...Opal?"

----

Gymnasium - Jackie

Jackie looked up at Elibazeth in surprise. In that brief moment, her eyes met with Lib's. They were big and wide, like a young cat's, with thick eyelashes that fluttered when she blinked, and a pale blue like a sky just turning from dusk. And in their corners were tears. She locked eyes so rarely that it wasn't always easy to get a good look at them. Looking into them...Jackie looked like a lost kitten.

Then, she looked away again. She clearly realized she had started to glare and got embarrassed. Her eyes were back towards the ground now. But she didn't stop dancing. In fact, Jackie's grip around Elibazeth's hand began to tighten up. She started to lean in closer to the shoulder her other hand was on. Her spiked heartbeat was easy to feel, and despite her stiffening up, her body was shivering.

"T-That's...easy for you to say..." she muttered. Her head rested in Lib's shoulder. "Y-You're tall, and curvy, and pretty, and confident. You probably get people falling head over heels for you every day just walking around..." She was choking up. "I-I'm so jealous of that...I don't have that...! I don't have any of those! What am I supposed to do? Of course I hate this...stupid outfit...but I can't say that! I-I haven't tried to be with...someone...since like, middle school...and that was just a disaster. I can't just...offend them by saying I hate it!"

She held Elibazeth a bit tighter. Her shoulder was probably starting to feel damp.

"I-I don't have anything to fall b-back on! I-If I don't listen to what they want me to do...t--then what am I supposed to do...?"
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

DSY

Post by DSY »

Outside the Gym

Waiting had become dull for Job, who was only really hanging around outside because the idea of entering a big, dim building full of people yelling didn't seem all that appealing. And alone no less.

Was this a costume party? It sure didn't seem fun.

Job looks back to the open door way, a mere few feet away from the shade of the tree she was now standing under.

Her mind telling her it best to enter while her legs refused to move without some sort of assurance that she would be okay on her own.

At this rate she'd just wait a little longer for her short time companion to return from whatever he and that other girl seemed to need to do.

With a sigh, Job throws another stick at a makeshift target formed of other sticks.

This one landing closer to the bulls-eye then her past attempts, but ultimately failing just the same.

"....I wonder where Shirley went." Job wonders aloud, picking up another stick.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
hershel_layton
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by hershel_layton »

Front Office

Now, Tiny Table Tino had explained the situation quite neatly. More than once in fact, what with the arrival of yet ANOTHER new student. But Annah had zoned out. It was almost suffocating how many people there were in the room. Sure, it was completely unreasonable to assume everyone was EVIL and looking for a student to PREY ON, perhaps one with long, messy hair done into pigtails and wearing what was, in retrospect, far too flashy of a uniform. What was she thinking?! She should've gone with sandals and shorts and a... A baseball cap! Then she wouldn't be noticed at all! ...At least, Annah currently thought so. Her thoughts were racing all over the place, a complete contrast to her physical movement, which was to say, she was stock still. It would be hard to notice her amongst any of the furniture in the room, aside from the height difference. ...Not that Annah was, by any stretch of the imagination, tall.

All Annah knew was that she wanted to leave the room as fast as possible. She moved through the group as unobtrusively as possible, nodding and turning away whenever she caught someone's eye, and put her luggage down beside Tiny Table Tino's desk with a murmur of "That's... Very cute..." But even the adorableness of Tino's furniture couldn't distract Annah from her goal! (It was likely that she hadn't seen his Tiny Stationery, for that would stop Annah in her tracks in ANY situation.) So Annah, keeping a backpack on her back in her hurry, made her way out the door, moving past new students with a faint "Excuse me" and "Oh, I'm very sorry! I- I just need to... Yes, past here..." Finally, she emerged into the corridor.

Corridor

Annah may not have been listening to EVERYTHING Tino said, (she didn't know her room number at all), but what she HAD heard was that there was some sort of party(?) happening in the Gymnasium. A party sounded, frankly... Fantastic! A grin spread on Annah's face for the first time since she had arrived at the school. She wandered the corridors musing aloud and peering into classrooms. "Quietness, cute teacups and teapots, elegance and everything oh-so gentle... I do love tea parties~ Ah, if it's a party, of course I need-" Slowly, Annah rummaged in her backpack and pulled out a pink stuffed bear. "-This! A pretty tea party must have people and bears!" ...Annah's experience with parties, it must be noted, extended to those she had attended with her family and children of moderately-influential families that her parents had contact with. Annah approached the Gymnasium at a brisk walk, focusing on the doors, and- Loud noises? "This sure is a weird- " Annah pushed the door open...

Gymnasium

"-Tea... Party..." Well. Annah stood in the doorway, mouth hanging, starstruck and overwhelmed by lights and people. Her teddy bear dropped from her arms to the floor.
100% Certified Dersh
TinyHat

Post by TinyHat »

Gymnasium - Isabelle:

She took the microphone that Karen handed her. “Of course.”

She looked at the screen and began to sing the song.

“Barbed wire fence carvin' out a hillside,
Cuttin' holes in the midday sun,
Like a postcard framed in the windshield,
Covered in dust.

I love the rhythm of an old, grey blacktop,
Thirty-threes just whistlin' by,
Steer the wheel, one-handed on a two-lane,
Huggin' that line.”

Her singing was about average although slightly sharp. At the same time that fact was not visible to Isabelle. In fact, she was so focused on the lyrics that she didn’t really notice anything else.
DSY

Post by DSY »

Still outside the gym

Having little distracting her, Job notices (after another failed dart/stick throw) the distress of a near by student.

The student in question seemed rather perplexed, to the point of even dropping what appeared to be a teddy bear.

Without much a reason to, Job approaches the distraught girl, picking up the dropped bear, and holds it out to the girl.

"I think you dropped this."
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Gym

"Anything that I want to do...?"

Opal briefly thought about Nina's question.

"Well... I don't know about you, but that game of Disco Disco made me work up quite an appetite, so.... Why don't we check out the food area?"

While Opal walked towards the area at hand, she couldn't help but notice two girls - one who seemed a little distraught at... well... something, and another girl who seemed to be picking up a bear of sorts.

Opal approached the agitated girl.

"A-Are you okay? Is something the matter?"

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Outside the Gymnasium - Violet

With one last deep breath, Violet felt the shivering in her body cease. Thinking harder, was accepting Karen and Elibazeth's "quest" a smart idea? Could she even do it? Violet supposed it was possible if Jazmine and the other two with Ludwig earlier could befriend him. But maybe she was just in over her head.

"No," Violet told herself as she stood up straight. "They asked for my help and... It'll be a first step towards making future romance possible." She adjusted her hair and brushed off her costume, took a deep breath, and then returned to the gym.

Gymnasium - Violet

Once she was back inside, Violet looked around the room to find Ludwig but it seemed he had went somewhere she couldn't see at the moment. Scanning the room, she spotted a boy dressed in green. She stared for a moment longer and realized the person was dressed as Peter Pan. Violet quickly realized she was staring and she turned her eyes away before wandering in the opposite direction the boy was in.

Gymnasium - Karen

After letting Isabelle take the microphone, Karen turned her attention to the screen as the song began. Karen swayed, trying to catch the rhythm of the song, as she listened to Isabelle sing. She sounded pretty good, clear and confident. Maybe with a bit more practice, Isabelle could sing vocals to Karen's piano. Karen didn't have time to linger on those thoughts as she noticed Isabelle had stopped singing which probably meant it was her turn to sing.

Karen quickly cleared her throat and continued the song.

“I got the windows down,
No one else around singin'

Ooh, ooh, ooh…
Freedom is the miles I'm rollin' on
Ooh, ooh, ooh…
Out here cruising to a backroad song
I feel the wheels like a melody,
Like a radio dialing in strong
C'mon, c'mon sing along,
Sing along to my backroad song"

Her spirits lifted as she sang, the feeling of fun taking over. Karen flashed a smile at Isabelle, one that was shaky but excited.
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

Behind the Dorms-Paolo:

The realization that Gwen, wasn't (probably) a bad person, but that actually she actually liked him, hit Paolo like a truck at full speed.
While Gwen charms started going all over Paolo's body, he simply couldn't react, his whole body shut down, at the soft touch of the blonde girl. It had been long since such type of contact had occurred, since Elise and him had been together.
Gwen's words didn't register in Paolo's mind, he was just too deep into reminiscing, to the point where the line between Gwen and Elise started becoming blurry... Paolo, not even completely conscious, started getting closer and closer to Gwen, and then, as the masculine figure he was, kissed her.

"How could you Paolo, I thought we were friends..."

But then Jackie appeared on his mind, he brusquely separated from Gwen. "Oh god, I'm so sorry."

Gymnasium-Gleen:

Huh, morse code, how sophisticated.

Gleen deduction was somewhat correct, there was a person, and they couldn't talk.

I wonder what's the reason why can't they talk...I need to know.

This new individual had made Gleen curious, and that's not usually a good thing, their curiosity could lead to dangerous places.

"D'accord mon amie, I see you cannot talk with words, but with morse, so please tell me, what's your name, don't try to fool me! My friend Barbara now knows your smell."

???-Madame K:

Ka-hahahahah, when they see this, they will have to remember me...
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

UV Brite has a heart as gold as her hair:

With their faces so close together already, it was sort of difficult for Gwendalyn to see Paolo moving even closer. Fortunately, she had a bit of experience when it came to this sort of thing. She knew what he was going for, and well... she led him on like that, might as well put out. She tilted her head and let her lips lock with his for a short period of time. She let go of his wrist and chest and threw her arms around his neck, pressing herself against him. Apparently, now was the time when she was supposed to feel fireworks, or something like that. That's what Gwen always heard, yet she never felt anything, really, and this time was no exception. Maybe this meant a lot to Paolo (or maybe it didn't considering his deadeyed expression), but it meant absolutely nothing to her. After a few moments, the kiss was broken...

"Oh god, I'm so sorry."

"I mean... a little warning next time you do that might be nice," Gwendalyn beamed. She let her arms slide off his neck, down his arms, and gripped both his wrists. She also leaned forward more, showing off a little more of her figure. "Hey, guess what~? I think today just might be your lucky day~! Wanna know whyyyy~?"
Last edited by The Ash Raichu on Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.