Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Re: Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): Costume Party

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Gymnasium - Violet

Wandering around more somehow made Violet feel more lost. She felt as though she'd never seen the people around her. It was as if everyone was a nameless, faceless background character.

I wonder... What if I'm a nameless, faceless background character? What if I'm one of the girls that cynical guys in movies use as examples of women that make them dislike dating? Violet stopped in place and touched a hand to her face. She felt clammy. What if I'm destined to be a hopeless romantic with no chance of finding my one true love? Do one true loves even exist?!

Time slowed. The room got hotter and yet Violet felt herself chill to the core. Sight and sound were drowned out by fear.

Drowned out until the screaming of her mind was breached by a unholy whale's song. Or more simply an unholy wail.

SCRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUEEEEEEUUUUUEEEEEEEEEUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEECCCHHH

Violet clamped her hands over her ears and looked around her for the source. Everything was dark except for the stage. Looking to the stage, the blonde saw the fearsome sight of Jackie.

"What is going on? What did I miss?"

Karen

Karen was about to answer Isabelle with a blunt, "No," but she was interrupted by the otherworldly screech of a megaphone. She instinctively covered her ears and waited out the sound before dropping them back to her sides. Turning and seeing Jackie on stage made her jaw drop.

"Okay..." Her smile slowly returned. Not something I expected to happen. But- "Zat is vicked!" Karen jumped - rather awkwardly thanks to her sandals - and waved at Jackie. "Go get zem, Jackie!"

Once she settled back on the ground, Karen pointed to Jackie and said to Isabelle, "Remind me to introduce jou to Jackie later!"

Ludwig

Ludwig's eye was twitching. Whether from the ringing of his ears or from the presence of a stranger, it didn't matter to him. He was scowling and glaring at a girl. What made the situation worse was that the girl looked like she stepped out of one of Karen's shows. What with the pink hair and strange markings under her eye, she did not look like a normal person.

And then Lia started talking. Which meant that he would have to start talking. Which might lead to something bad happening.

"Hi? Is there something I can help you with?" Ludwig spat sourly. He reached for his neck but before he could grasp at air, he quickly moved to rub the back of his neck. "Uh..." Quick, cover up your mistake. Do something!

Thankfully though, Ludwig didn't have to do anything. The lights went off and the air was shattered by sound. Ludwig covered his ears and looked in the direction of the sound. He eyed Jackie harshly and gave a sharp hiss.

"I freaking hate punks!"
DSY
Spoken languages: English

Post by DSY »

Outside

It's amazing how much different something sounds when you really tune in to listen to it. The sound of the wind blowing, the leaves rustling.
The ocean, tho far away, still close enough to faintly make out the sounds of waves.

You never really stop to think, to listen.

Probably because if you did you would find them rather annoying all things considered.

And you'd only do it because either you were really board or because your ears were still ringing from some very loud noise.

"I wonder what that was." Job plainly retorts. Her voice so nonchalant you'd think she wasn't at all bother by the loud noise from within the Gym that had previously scraped at her ears.

"Do you think one of us should go see what that was?" Job says to Nina.

"Or perhaps," she adds looking to Opal, "We should both see about it?"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Inside

"I hate punks?" Lia echos, clutching her head in pain. "I can't say I don't see your point of view. I would have greatly enjoyed a heads up, myself!"

"But personally," Lia says, massaging her sore head. "I think I can let it slide just this once."

"Anyway tho, I wasn't really looking for anything specific from ya." Lia says nervously trying to get back on topic. "I was just lookin for someone to talk to."
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Gymnasium - Show Time

The audience reacted. They were all either pumped up, in pain, or trying to ignore the commotion on stage.

Exactly the kind of reaction Jackie lived for.

The Rocket Surgeons began to shuffle on stage behind Jackie. They each took their position around Jackie, grinning with anticipation. Johnny had a bounce to his stance as he excitedly gripped his guitar, and Sid was twirling his drumsticks about. Tammy was the only one who was grinning directly at the audience, as if gloating to it.

Once everyone was in position, things went silent (or at least it felt like they did) as Jackie slowly rose the megaphone up to her mouth. She stared out for a moment more. And then...she laughed.

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA HAAAA HAAA HAA HA HA HAHAHA HA HAHAHAHA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

She doubled over laughing as hard and as loud into the megaphone as she could, leaning over as the echo of her cackle lingered in the air of the gymnasium. Then, she straightened herself back up, and, megaphone to mouth, eyes trained directly on the audience, she sang, yet almost whispered...

"...Feel good."

A short, quiet riff rang from the bass.

"Feel good."

Another riff from the bass, this time with a lingering final note.

There was a short moment of quiet, broken by Sid beating his sticks together, and then-

"FEEL GOOD!"

The band burst out into full instrumental as rest of the spotlights finally popped on and lit the stage up. Tammy put more energy into riff while Sid kept the beat on his drums. Johnny bided his time, clapping to the rhythm. Jackie pumped her free fist as she shouted into the megaphone.

"FEEL GOOD!"

Some of the audience began to clap in sync.

"FEEL GOOD!"

Some started to sing along.

"FEEL GOOD!"

Whether they liked it or not, there was hardly a soul in the room that could look away from Jackie's piercing gaze.

"FEEL GOOD!"

The band seemed to be soaking it all in and loving every second; they clung to their instruments like life support, and they weren't even out of the hook. Their grins were almost devious.

"FEEL GOOD!"

Jackie lowered her fist and gripped both hands tightly onto the megaphone.

"FEEL! GOOD!"

And that's when Johnny grabbed his guitar, and things really got started.

"City's breakin' down on a camel's back!
They just have to go, 'cuz they don't know whack.
So all you fill the streets, it's appealin' to see,
You won't get out the county, 'cuz you're BAD AND FREE!
"

There was something different from Jackie's singing here compared to her first performance in that pep rally talent show n the first day. She was good then, but she felt more like she was puking out her soul to the audience then, letting it direct her. But now she was commanding. Her voice was firm, her gaze, her presence...they were commanding. There was no shaking in her voice. Standing up there in front of a real audience, surrounded by her band, dressed up like a literal clown...she was more confident and composed than anyone had ever seen her.

"You've got a new horizon, it's ephemeral style!
A melancholy town, where we never smile...
And all I wanna hear is the message beep!
My dreams, they gotta kiss it, 'cuz I DON'T GET SLEEP, NO!
"

The music died down to a calmer level, led by surprisingly mellow guitar work by Johnny. Jackie tossed her megaphone aside, finally approaching the microphone stand. She gently put a hand onto the microphone...the glare of intensity in her eyes dimmed down...there was something soft about her appearance now, even in spite of the outfit. Softly, and kindly, she sang...

"...Windmill, windmill, for the land...
Turn forever, hand in hand.
Take it all in, on your stride,
It is ticking...falling down...
Love forever, love is free!
Let's turn forever...you, and me.
Windmill, windmill, for the land...
"

The intensity in her gaze returned as the guitar and the bass suddenly began to pick up.

"Is everybody iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin?!"

Sid stepped in, leading with the drums and a CRASH of the cymbals, as Jackie took a deep breath, and, at an alarming speed and at full volume-

"LAUGHING GAS THESE HAZMATS!
FAT CATS!
LININ' 'EM UP LIKE-
"
CRASH CRASH
"Lay these ponies at the track,
It's my chocolate attack!
Shh, I'm steppin' in the heart of this here!
Care bear reppin' in the heart of this here!
Watch me as I gravitate, HA HA HA HA HAAA!
"

Sid increased the beat of the drumming, as if challenging Jackie to go faster, and harder. Jackie complied.

"WE GONNA GHOST TOWN,
THIS MOTOWN,
WITH YO' SOUND,
YER IN THE PLACE!
YOU BITE THE DUST, CAN'T FIGHT WITH US,
WITH YOUR SOUND, YOU KILL THE INC.!
So don't stop, get it get it,
Until you're cheddar header,
Now watch the way I navigate,
HA HA HA HAHAAA!
"

Jackie leaned back, practically screaming into the mic. She let out another piercing, haunting laugh, as the rest of the band quietly repeated the chant of "Feel good".

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HAAAA HA HA HA! HAAA HAHAHAHA HAAAAAHA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA!"

Johnny stepped forth from his spot on stage as Jackie's laugh faded away for the instrumental break. He slammed one of his boots down onto an amp near the front of the stage and tossed his glasses to the side. His fingers less glided across the strings of his guitar and more tore them to shreds; his intensity during the solo was more than the song even needed, and it was a shock his strings (or his skin) didn't break. Tammy seemed to just roll her eyes at his showmanship and scan the audience for reactions again. Jackie seemed dead-focused on the act, however. Even as Johnny flaunted his guitar licks and improvised a little more than necessary, she kept her eyes straight towards the audience. Not with the glance of curiosity Tammy had, but with that same glare that pierced through anyone who dared make eye contact. She almost looked possessed up there; like somebody else's soul took over that awkward little girl's body and made her the most terrifying annd entrancing creature in the world. When Johnny's solo finally screeched to a conclusion, the crowd gave a cheer, but Jackie gently holding onto the microphone again snapped their attention back to her.

"Windmill, windmill, for the land,
Turn forever, hand in hand.
Take it all in on your stride...
It is ticking, falling...down!
"

She grabbed a hold of the mic stand itself and pulled it in closer, as she started to get more intense.

"Love forever, love is free!
Let's turn forever! You and me!
Windmill, windmill, for the land!
"

She pulled the mic stand in, put a foot forward, and, with a ferocious expression on her face and a roar in her voice.

"IS EVERYBODY IN?!"

The band picked up the pace and intensity. Jackie practically danced with the microphone stand, swiping it off the ground and leaning into it as she sang.

"Don't stop, get it, get it,
We are yer captains in it,
Steady, watch me navigate,
AHA HA HA HAAA!

Don't stop, hit it, get it,
We are yer captains in it,
STEADY, watch me NAVIGATE!
AHA HA HA HAAAAAA!
"

Sid upped the tempo of the song, challenging the entire band to keep up with a devious grin on his face. Not to surrender lightly, the bassline got faster and harder, and the guitar followed suit with some clear improvisation. Jackie, of course, sped up, and tried to drown out the others with the chants of the audience.

"DON'T STOP! GET IT, GET IT!
WE ARE YOUR CAPTAINS IN IT!
STEADY, WATCH ME NAVIGATE,
AHA HA HA HAAAAA!
DON'T STOP, HIT IT GET IT,
WE ARE YOUR CAPTAINS IN IT,
STEADY WATCH ME NAGIGATE,
AHA HAHAHAAAAAAAA!
"

This was becoming less of one group performing together and more four people trying to one-up each other all at once, as if they were all waiting for the others to slip up to steal the show. But it seemed such a familiar feeling to them that somehow, the maelstrom of chaos they played somehow managed to balance into something utterly entrancing. And they were all grinning.

"FEEL GOOD!"

Even Jackie, face made up and screaming the lyrics from the depths of her chest, seemed to have a sinister smirk as she sang.

"FEEL GOOD!"

It looked to be something between joy and sadism.

"FEEL GOOD!"

And if this was a battle, she was winning.

"FEEL GOOD!"

As the instrumentals all echoed together into a cacophony of madness, Jackie leaned back and howled one last laugh into the microphone.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAA HAAAAA HA HA HA HAAA...HEH HEH HA HAAAAAAAAA HAHA HEH HEH HEHEHEHAA HAAAAAAA!"

Jackie nearly collapsed to the floor, out of breath, wobbling on her legs. She planted the mic stand back onto the floor to lean against as she panted heavily. Despite all that grandiose showboating and intimidation during the song, she seemed to switch back to being...well, Jackie, pretty quickly. Her last laugh, though louder and more intense than any before it, seemed to fade into a genuine giggle fit by the end, and she had a big goofy grin under her makeup. She was sweating like crazy, to the point her makeup was starting to run a bit more, but she didn't seem to pay it much mind. She just looked over the audience with a big smile on her face. She didn't seem to be paying mind to if they were cheering or booing or whatever. She zeroed in on Gwen in the crowd, and her face went red (easier to see now that the makeup was falling off) as she flashed the girl a warm smile. Not far behind her, Tammy, wiping her brow with her arm, shot Gwen a smile as well...though it wasn't quite as kind or cute as Jackie's.

"YO!" Jackie shouted into the mic; her voice sounded a bit scratchy, so apparently the song took more out of her than she let on. "We're the Rocket Surgeons! And that was Feel Good Inc., by Gorillaz! Google it if ya don't know 'em, 'effers! Buy our album! Peace out, assholes!" She enthusiastically kicked the mic stand over and flashed two 'I love you' hand signs to the crowd (nobody ever told her the devil horns don't involve the thumb, apparently) and practically skipped off stage. The other bandmates followed, with Johnny having to be practically dragged away by Tammy to be kept from showboating any more.

And so the Rocket Surgeons exited the stage. Hardly a word to the audience, no bother waiting for cheers on encores. Just a performance of increasing catastrophe, and then out of there. With a lead singer that seems to go from a terrifying devil raised from Hell with the range of a siren to a bumbling dweeb of a high school girl in seconds. Long-time fans probably just saw this as business as usual, but in a school full of some of the strangest elites in the entire world...? Well, it was certainly different, that was for sure.

----

Back of the Gymnasium

The young man watched the performance quietly, gnawing at the tip of his thumb anxiously.

"Hmph...what a travesty..."

He marched out of the party as quickly and quietly as he entered it.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Gymnasium - Time for me to haphazardly switch around between Flo, Jazz, and Gwen...

A rush of emotions came over UV Brite as she saw the rest of the Rocket Surgeons shuffle into their places onstage. Anxiety, anticipation, fear, excitement, and a pinch of leftover anger all swirled around inside her, not that she could or would show it. Instead, she indirectly addressed Elibazeth again.

"Oooh! Shh-shh-shh-shh-shh! It's startiiiing!" She whisper-shouted, fiddling with her phone a little more. She aimed her phone's camera at the stage... and started recording...

First came the laugh. Gwen had to resist the powerful urge to call out something like: "Ooooh, this is gonna be gooood!" Though perhaps it was a little too good. Flo, who had been trepidatious from the blackout, had let out a loud and startled "OH!" Her eyes as wide as she could possibly make them, her pupils had turned to pinpricks, and an uncomfortable shiver shot down her whole body. She looked like she wanted to hide underneath the air hockey table. Jazmine merely raised both her eyebrows, seemingly not quite impressed yet.

At the repetitive chanting, Flo started to calm down. It sounded like the song was actually starting now. Though soon, she felt her heart rate rapidly increasing again as it got more and more intense, no thanks to the crowd around her. Despite claiming to hate rock, even Gwendalyn was starting to get into it, trying to hold the camera steady as she bent and straightened her knees to the rhythm. She even found herself quietly chanting along.

The first verse came along, and the sudden guitar perked Jazmine up. Gwendalyn seemed like she was trying to whisper along to the lyrics, and Flo... just kinda stood there, eyes shifting back and forth. The whole thing felt like something she'd think of when she heard the word 'cult,' and she just couldn't get comfortable, even when the song eased up momentarily. The worst part was, she felt like that was intentional...

...And when the song picked back up... The sudden high speed and intensity were a little too much for Flo, and she started making herself smaller. Jazmine and Gwendalyn both shot up... well, as much as Gwen could shoot up anyways, given her position. At this point, Jazmine was sufficiently impressed, but became even more so when the guitar solo started up. Being a fan of Dragonforce, Jazmine loved some good power shredding, and gradually became more and more absorbed in the performance, even if the solo was a little too intense for the song. Though perhaps because of that, Gwen was visibly enjoying herself less than she was when the performance started. "Yeah... that's... a little much..." she whispered to herself, drowned out even on her recording by Johnny's sheer shredding prowess. Jazmine of all people ended up giving some of the loudest cheers when the solo ended.

When Jackie picked up the song again, she had Jazmine's undivided attention, and Gwendalyn felt a little better. Heavy guitars weren't exactly Gwen's thing, but she had an appreciation for Jackie's voice. Perhaps due to her profession, she always focused on the singer whenever she could, and generally, she had a bias toward female singers. Jackie exercised an impressive level of vocal control over the performance, and before the finale, Gwen couldn't help but smile. Both young women waited in anticipation for the final stretch of the song. One could even say they were "in."

Though it appears Gwen wasn't "in" for long. The song seemed to move so fast it was difficult to keep up with, and while it was impressive Jackie was able to move at such a clip, when everything devolved into (perhaps stylistic) madness, Gwendalyn was lost again, and she didn't expect to be picked back up for the rest of the performance. What energy Gwen lost seemed to be transferred over to Jazmine as the finale built up more and more. Jazmine even found herself singing along to the last chorus and final chants, despite refusing to sing anything in most other situations. Perhaps it was due to all of the excess energy in her system, perhaps she figured she wouldn't be heard over all the chaos.

Finally, the last of Jackie's laughs echoed through the hall. Louder, more intense, and more feral than anything before it. Jazmine ended up laughing with her, though more of a normal laugh than such a devious cackle. It seemed like her final howl even got Gwendalyn smiling again. As soon as it was done, she started tapping away on her phone again as quickly as she could manage, saving the video. She looked back up to the stage to see both Jackie and Tammy. It seemed like they were both staring at her. Jackie probably was, anyways, since her face was so red. It was either that she saw her, or that she was still recovering from screeching away half a lung. Either way, Gwendalyn gave the group a cordial wave, a big grin, and a thumbs up. She pretended she didn't see Tammy.

After Jackie gave her brief post-show plug, Jazmine found herself still trembling with all of the adrenaline still in her system, unable to stop giggling and grinning and whatnot. Needless to say, Jazmine felt good. She started quickly wandering the gym, eager to do anything to get the excess energy out of her.

...Doesn't it seem like something is missing?

"...Is it over?" A detached voice could barely be heard from underneath the air hockey table. Due to the ringing in the ears of everyone, it was a legitimate possibility that the meek voice couldn't have even be heard. But there was Flo, folded up underneath the table as best as she could manage, her hat and her staff on the floor next to her.
shadowjoe323

Post by shadowjoe323 »

Gymnasium

Already put off by the loud intro, Matthew was less excited as the performance started. While it wasn't really his thing, he could respect the quality at least. He didn't really get too into it, but he tapped his foot along to the beat a bit and applauded the band at the end.

"Not my type of music but not bad, that was nice. What did you think Flo?" Matthew looked down at the empty space where Flo would be, seeing only her hat and staff on the floor, much lower than he'd expected considering her height. "...Flo? Did you melt or something?"
DSY

Post by DSY »

Outside the Gym

Following the unscheduled, horrible, sound that had previously come from the gym was a new sound unlike the other one. This one was a bit more, pleasant. The sound of instruments, played together to create music, tho music very much unlike Job had ever heard before.

Hearing it made Job stop her movement to the gym and listen, internally questioning the sound in her mind as she worked to decipher the lyrics and make sense of the new form of music.

Once the song had finished, the voice that sang it called out to the audience, but the words she spoke made as much sense to Job as the song she had just heard.

But to her luck, someone was exiting the gym. A well dressed young man, who Job called out too with an inquiry.

"Excuse me, sir?" Job says casually, "This, google that girl mentioned. I can only assume she did not mean the number, do you happen to know what she was referring to?"
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Room 354

"Ah! Once again, I must apologize for not having provided proper information! Lystrantica is the mystical realm to which I lend my services as historian and scribe! I have several volumes regarding its histories published, and return annually to put to paper another account! Its residents are quite fond of me, and I of them, and I would be honored to make these volumes available should you desire to read them!"

"Tea is, of course, the wondrous elixir of the gods! I was mistaken in assuming all had knowledge of it, but I am providing said knowledge now! It is my primary beverage of choice, and I would likewise be honored to provide some for your sampling!"

"Finally, in relation to the subject of literature, I have brought with me a vast many tomes of some renown! Doyle's publishings of the Watson accounts, Poe, Verne, Carroll, Baum, and a great many others! I do hope my answers have provided satisfactory, and would be more than pleased to answer any further inquiries!" Lewis bowed again, once more distracted by Lenore upon rising.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Backstage

Tammy gently wiped the sweat from her brow as she followed the sound of distant giggling behind the stage.

"Yo, ease it up, Flubber. Got a bit too much bounce in your step there."

Jackie was laughing into a damp, colorful rag. The jumpsuit, reeking of sweat, was hastily thrown atop a pile of the band's luggage, leaving Jackie with a tank top and oversized boxers as she cleaned up her face. She was bouncing up and down on her toes, hastily scrubbing at her face. She pulled the rag away and smiled at Tammy. Smudges of makeup aside, her face was red as a tomato; she could've been embarrassed, exhausted, or just lovestruck, but Tammy wagered it was all three. She looked like an overly excited child.

"Tammy! That was amazing! Holy crap!" She grabbed Tammy's hand and squeezed it tightly as she bounced about in glee. "I don't know why I'm so pumped right now, I just...GAAAAAH!"

"Okay, okay!" Tammy pulled her hand away and put it on Jackie's head with a light chuckle. "Jesus Christ, don't get a sugar rush over it! You did good, now stand down."

"Okay...Ooookay...pheeeeeeew...." Jackie forced herself to sit down for a moment and fan her face with her hands. "I just...the adrenaline really GOT TO ME, ya know? I don't even know the last time I got this pumped about a show...but like...it just super pumped me up! Y-Ya know?!" Now that she was forcing herself to stay still, Jackie could notice just how much she was shaking. Her legs were wobbling so hard it was a miracle she could stand at all. With a heavy breath, she leaned back into a pile of boxes behind her.

"...Was I cool?"

"As cool as you're capable of," Tammy said, pulling out a cigarette.

"Was I...a-attractive?"

"Were you going for 'attractive'?"

Jackie shot up from her spot. "NO! But like, was I...not UNattractive?!"

Tammy laughed. She took a drag from her cigarette and smiled at Jackie. "You're fine, kid. Now get the rest of that crap off your face and get outta here. You've got better places to be."

Jackie stared at Tammy with hesitation, but ultimately returned her smile. "Thanks." She stood back up, quickly scrubbed her face as hard as she could, and dashed out from the stage area into the crowd, towel still hung around her neck. Sid approached Tammy the moment after.

"That was adorable," he said matter-of-factly. Tammy gave him an uninspired punch on the shoulder in response. "Heh. Letting her go talk to that chick?"

"Hey, I just didn't trust that she-witch to leave our gig alone. I don't care what that Baby Bird does when it doesn't affect me. If she wants to get herself wrapped up in s#$% off my time, that's her issue."

"Then why you go all mom on her a second ago?"

"I will put this cigarette out on your face, asshole." She took another drag. "Besides...it's best she figures out this crap on her own. Or maybe she's even got closer friends at this dump she can talk it out with. Hell, a counselor, even. She's clearly way in over her head, so she'll have to figure something out, and it ain't my place to interject." Tammy dropped the cigarette, putting it out with her boot. "Speaking of people that gotta grow up...Where's J?"

"Showboating for autographs up front."

"Christ, I'm surrounded by children. Maybe I AM a mom." She stood up, rolling her shoulders. "Ah well. Let's go watch that twerp and her kid-crush and wait to rub in how that b@#$% totally got screwed over by how awesome we are."

"Yeah, they're the kids..."

----

Outside the Gym

"Excuse me, sir? This, google that girl mentioned. I can only assume she did not mean the number, do you happen to know what she was referring to?"

The young man stopped just outside the gym, as Job called to him. He turned towards her, his head upturned so that he looked down upon her (despite not being particularly tall himself). There was an instant sense of judgment in his glare.

"...How daft can you be?" The young man adjusts his tight collar ad brushes off his pristine jacket sleeves, as if made physically uncomfortable just talking to someone. "Why would you waste my time on matters as trivial and incompetent as that? I'm clearly of a much higher class and importance in society than you are, if that's how you see fit to dress yourself every morning." He gestures to her costume. "And yet you think so highly of yourself as to approach me with such confidence for the sake of such an inane question? Don't be such a disgrace, you cur."

He says all this with a grimace, yet still he seems to wait for a reaction from Job.

----

Gymnasium

Jackie shifted through the audience. She didn't seem to care what anyone was saying or doing - if she got congratulations or scorn or whatever as she passed, that didn't seem to matter much. She was just looking for Gwen, around the area she last saw her. She called for her attention, a warm smile still on her face.

"U.V! U.V!!!"
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

DSY

Post by DSY »

Spoiler : OOC :
It's been a while so, I don't want to be all nit pick and stuff but just a reminder, Job has actually changed out of her costume and back into her Casual Clothes. However, since her casual clothes are silly and rather unusual, I think Robert's comment still works.
Outside Gym

"Oh I'm sorry, sir." Job casually responds.

It seems that despite the young man's imposing aura, Job was completely oblivious.

Like a sloth who's been set on fire, she had no idea as to the trouble she was in.

Job bows to the young man, "In my confusion, I have forgotten my manners. My name is Job Yunno. It's a please to meet you."

While her apology was most likely undesired, what was noticeable by absence was Job's response to the man's critic.

Namely that Job didn't seem to acknowledge it at all or comment on any of his comments.

Instead she simply continued her attempt to converse; "I realize I have not seen you around before. Who are you?"

----------------------------------------------

Inside Gym

At some point between the beginning and the end of the song, Lia had spilled her drink all over the floor.

And at some point between the drink hitting the floor and the end of the song, a blue haired maid had come in and wiped it up.

And now, after the song had ended, Lia found herself alone again, her conversation partner had either wandered off or she herself was the wanderer.

But either way, she was partnerless once more, and lonely again.

"Oh, fooie." Lia mutters, "I guess I really don't belong here. All 'em rich people and me just really don't seem to mesh."

Lia pockets her hands and slunks away from the rest of the students, until she hears a voice that stops her in her tracks.

"U.V! U.V!!!"

A shock runs up Lia's spine.

U.V? Like, U.V Brite? The Idol? The Legend?

She was HERE?

"Wha..hey!" Lia calls out, "Are you talking about U.V Brite!?" Lia calls in the direction of the voice. "She's here at 's school!?"
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Air Hockey Table - Flo:

Flo was still curled up under the air hockey table as best as her tall frame would let her. It seemed like she was shaking a little bit. If Jackie wanted to give her a memorable performance, she certainly accomplished that much, though probably not in the way she wanted.

...Flo? Did you melt or something?

"Oh! Um, I'm down here...!" Came a Flo-like voice from underneath the table. She was obviously still rattled by the whole thing. It was apparent from her still-empty voice. But despite that, she managed to pull herself out and pop her head up over the side of the table. "Heheh... sorry for disappearing like that. I think I'll see that face in my nightmares tonight..." She smile she spoke through was strained, to put it lightly. "Oh well. I'm sure Jazz really enjoyed it, so there's that, I guess... Where'd she go, anyways?"

Jazmine was nowhere to be seen.

Elsewhere in the Gym - Gwendalyn:

"UV! UV!!!"

It wasn't long after Gwen waved off the group that Jackie approached her. She had ditched the costume entirely, and just ran out in practically her underwear, though everything was big enough on her that she wasn't going to bother questioning it. "JACKIE! JACKIE!!! AAAAAAHHH!" Once the two had located each other, Gwen ran up to Jackie and subjected her to the vicelock deathgrip that she called a hug.

"You did amazing, girl! Awesome job up there! Oh wait." After her couple of compliments, she let go of her. "Sorry, I get told a lot that my hugs tend to be a bit... much. But anyways!" She took a couple of steps back and did a few twirls in place, showing off her... rather revealing Nurse costume in full. "What do you think~? Not bad, huh?" Before Jackie could answer, a third voice could be heard, also looking for her, though she couldn't tell who said it.

"YOOOOOO! ANYONE ELSE THERE?!"
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Gymnasium

Jackie's eyes lit up the moment she saw Gwen. She ran up to her, past the people in the crowd, and threw her arms around Gwen, almost out of instinct. She stiffened up for a moment in shock once her arms were locked behind the girl's back, but feeling Gwen's tight, almost painful hug in return made her heart flutter. She tightened her own hug and took in the warmth of it all, snuggling her head in the crook of Gwen's neck and giggling to herself. When the two broke apart, Jackie was smiling the most earnest smile she'd ever managed to muster.

"T-Thank you!" She took in Gwen's outfit, blushing intensely but still smiling. "Y-You look great! Fantastic! G-Gorgeous, even!" She bounced back and forth on her bare feet in anticipation for a moment. "G...U-UV, there's something I uh...I gotta..."

For a moment, the two were distracted by a sudden call out for UV from the crowd. Gwen called back to them.

"NO!"

Without even thinking, Jackie grabbed Gwen's nearest hand with both of her own and pulled her closer. "W-Wait! Please, don't...!" She felt her hands trembling around Gwen's, and her breathing was getting irregular. What was she doing? Was this just adrenaline talking? This was so stupid. But...she couldn't help it. She was sure what she wanted to do, and she was going to assert herself to get it done. Her hands stabilized and tightened around Gwen's.

"Gwen..." Jackie took a couple steps back, still holding onto Gwen's hand. "C-Can we...go outside for a bit? Just the two of us? I...I want to tell you something. Something really, really important. P...Please?"

----

Outside the Gym

"I didn't ask you for your name," the young man said to Job. "Nor do I feel any obligation to give you my own. If you're so oblivious to the world that you cannot recognize me, than I have no desire to waste my time bothering to enlighten you."

He looked around tapping his foot impatiently. "If you are going to insist on speaking to me, however," he turned back towards Job, "then make yourself useful to me. Tell me how you feel about this...doldrum of an academy. Why anyone should waste their time on it. Don't take too long doing so, as I have places to be."

The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Jackie's about to die.

While Jackie feeding Gwen's ego made her happy, sadly, such a high couldn't last long. Not only did Jackie just use her real name, but apparently she decided now was the best time to pull her over, and she had a feeling she knew what Jackie was planning to do. But... she had essentially just shown up. There were so many people here probably excited to see her! That voice called out for a reason, after all...

"Listen, Jackie... I don't-" Gwendalyn cut herself off right there. She would've kept going, but that strange, oppressive feeling in her stomach returned. The one that she could swear she had never felt before she had met Jackie, eating away at her from the inside, back with a vengeance.

"You can't jus-" She cut herself off again. It seemed the more she spoke, the more she tried to object, the worse the feeling got. At this point, it was getting hard for her to hide her discomfort. This wasn't good. She had to find some way to justify obliging this girl in her little romantic fantasy, lest that horrible unknown pain completely take her over... She bit her lip...

Of course. How could she have been so dumb as to not see it? The sole motivation she needed to seek out a relationship with Jackie had practically been staring her in the face from the beginning. But could they really make it work...? And all the people around...

"Alright. Yeah. Let's do it. But we gotta make it fast, okay?" Gwen smiled down at Jackie, and felt a portion of that awful feeling inside her fade away.

Could it really be... love? Gwen couldn't be sure at this point...
DSY

Post by DSY »

Outside Gym

Job tilts her head at the young man. She begins examining him from different angles, walking around him, standing on her toes, crouching down. But never touching, that would be rude.

No matter how she looked at the individual, she couldn't even begin to hazard a guess as to his seemingly obvious identity.

Altho Job did not get out of the house to often before enrolling and always left the business stuff to the adults so, guessing him without a name to go on was basically impossible for her.

Having reached this conclusion, she stopped trying to guess, and mentally named him; 'Someone'

Having finished her observations, Job answers his question, not wanting to keep him waiting any longer.

"I have no idea. I just got here two days ago."

-----------------------------------------------------

Lia Called Out For No Reason

No response, and if there was one it did not reach Lia.

Was she wrong? It all seemed too odd to be true right? The famous Idol, here?

Certainly not, clearly this person was calling out to someone else. Maybe someone with the same initials?

Or perhaps this person really needed a U.V Light.

But whatever the reason, Lia resolved to give up on her search and resumes wandering.

Seemingly instinctually to the music and rhythm games.

"You guys mind if I stop here?" She asks the participants.
Spoiler : OOC :
I don't remember where anyone is or if anyone is even still around here anymore. I checked back in the log but people just kept changing locations so whatever works I guess.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Gymnasium

Jackie's eyes glistened at Gwen's response. She nodded enthusiastically. "I-It'll be just a minute! I swear! T-Thank you!"

Her hands tighten around Gwen's. They're clammy and warm, but small and fragile. Almost childlike. Uncomfortable yet comforting at the same time. Jackie began to step back through the crowd, pulling Gwen along with her. The contrast between now and during the performance was almost jarring. The monster that screamed at the audience through a megaphone looked so fragile now. Her hair asunder, her tank top disheveled, no shoes on her feet, nothing over her mannish boxers, a dirty rag around her neck, and an expression on her face not dissimilar to a kitten in the rain. And she was so small and weak-looking, moreso than she usually did. But there was a confidence on her face that she lacked even on stage. A determined glint in her eye that still oozed with anxiety, but glimmered with a passion that one could tell she had full intention to follow through on. She was like a fairy, born from the dirt and here to whisk Gwen away.

And so she led her outside.

----

Outside the Gym

The young man was unwavering, even as Job circled around him and took him apart with her eyes. The only response he could bother to give to her "guess" was a disgruntled sigh.

"Any esteemed academy worth its price should make its quality aware almost immediately," he said. "If you are unable to ascertain something so simple even now, then clearly there is a deep-rooted issue at work. Then again, perhaps I just misjudged my own ability to pick a worthwhile conversation partner. You seem hardly awake, let alone competent. I've wasted enough of my time entertaining you. I'm very busy ad you're stupendously unhelpful. Now, if you would excuse me, I..."

The young man cut himself off. He seemed to be rather instantly distracted by something - or perhaps someone - that he spotted briefly out of the corner of his eye somewhere behind Job. He didn't say anything more or move, but he began to adjust the sleeves of his coat anxiously.

----

Jackie finally dragged Gwen away from the crowds and swiftly pulled her around the corner of the building to find an empty and secluded-enough place to talk to her. She held on for a moment longer, letting in a deep breath, before gingerly releasing her grip and stepping back from the other girl.

"Ha...Heheha...I-I can't believe I actually brought you here..." A deep inhale, and then exhale. She fidgeted with her fingers and avoided eye contact, grinning and blushing at the floor. "S-So...um...I-I'm glad you liked the show! But I, uh, didn't bring you here to talk about that. But it got me, ya know, really pumped up and excited! A-And seeing you in the crowd, and with you looking so...uh...w-well-dressed, I just...well, I, uh..."

She giggled awkwardly and brushed some hair aside. "Wow, uh, this is harder than I thought! Or, as hard as I thought, I guess. I-I didn't think I'd get this far at all, actually..." She took another deep breath, her face getting a little more serious. "Hey, Gwen...I wanna say somethin'...real serious to you. And, I'm scared to say it, cuz I know I can't take it back when I do. A-And I don't know what you'll say when I do say it. So...I uh..."

She looked Gwen in the eyes, that resolute glimmer of determination shining bright. "Gwen...Promise me that you won't hate me when I say it. Please. O-Okay?"

The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Alone time:

While Jackie's hands may have been clammy and fragile, Gwendalyn's were soft, smooth, and just as warm. Her grip was firm, portraying her natural, everyday confidence. In a couple of words: ideal, perfect. But of course, that was Gwendalyn, or at least, what Gwendalyn wanted people to think of her. Absolutely perfect.

Maybe a little too perfect.

Eventually, they made it outside, and Gwendalyn suddenly had a bad feeling about this whole thing. But she had committed herself to this. If this turned out to be some sort of trap... well. There was some sort of silver lining in the fact that she knew the whole time that Jackie was faking, she was sure. Even though she felt like she had a boulder in her stomach, she pressed on, placing her hands gingerly on Jackie's shoulders for a few seconds.

"Girl, you've gotta stop getting yourself all worked up over everything. Take a deep breath, and then go ahead and tell me. I'm all ears~!"