The Random Story of Whatever (Anything-Goes RP)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

energizerspark
Spoken languages: English

The Random Story of Whatever (Anything-Goes RP)

Post by energizerspark »

Energizerspark Presents:
The Random Story of Whatever

An Experiment in Improvisational Role-Playing
this should be interesting
Some of you on the forums may remember two old forum games: The Reverse Thread and The Never-Ending Story. These were two forum games based around telling a story, with the main gimmick being that it was completely made up as it went along. Wherever the story went was random and could not easily be predicted.

What I am proposing is a similar thing, only in RP form. Anyone is free to play, you can drop in and out at any time. And as I said: anything goes. I'll provide the opening scenario, but the direction the story takes I'll leave up to you guys. However, there is ONE rule I am enforcing:

The Golden Rule: Be reasonable - no god-modding. Don't go over-the-top with what you do with the story or your characters. If the story currently involves a quest to retrieve a pan, don't decide to turn it into a murder-mystery instead. Likewise, don't turn your character into .a complete Mary Sue who can win everything instantly. Everything is fun in moderation, so don't ruin it for everyone else.
Spoiler : Sign-up form :
Name: Yourname Here
Dislikes: grapes
Other: alignment, favourite movie, any powers you may have, least favourite musical genre, anything else you feel like adding really
You're welcome to partake in the story as soon as you apply. I won't be too involved in this - I'm leaving it up to you guys to sort everything out yourselves, but if it comes to it, my word is law.

Our story begins like any other...the world of Azethos, a reasonably peaceful planet not too-dissimilar from Earth. In the city of Wufheif...
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering