[RP] Sea of Thieves - Game Start

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Spongesonic
Spoken languages: English

Re: [RP] Sea of Thieves - Game Start

Post by Spongesonic »

Garden Island

"We be th' crew o' th' Neptune's Doubloon!" Maria answered. "I am Maria Ansaldi, daughter o' the famous pirate, 'Filippus Ansaldi!' This scallywag here used t' be a matey o' me father's, Antonio Sciacchitano."

"Hi," Antonio said.

"This woman," Maria continued, "be our cook, Madlyn Thorne."

Madlyn simply grunted in response.

"'N, this lad right here be me third-best matey in th' world, Dean Altimari."

Dean didn't respond.

"...Dean?"

Still no response.

Maria turned around and saw Dean cowering in fetal position.

"Dean! Pull yourself together!" she shouted.

Dean suddenly snapped out of it.

"I-Is he gone?" he asked.

Maria facepalmed. "Dean, get back to the ship..."
Last edited by Spongesonic on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
ZetaAzuel

Post by ZetaAzuel »

Everette rolled her eyes as she listened to the bickering. Admittedly, the armor and guns look pretty interesting though she wasn't going to risk her own life for that kind of thing. "Please, continue I'll be right back with some prospective testers."

Everette side slipped out of there argument and quickly grabbed Galeiline without a word.

After coming back Everette clapped her arms before presenting Galeline. "Gentlemen, I'm sure that both of your inventions are... good. But you see, I think that you're a bit behind the curve." She slightly knocked on Galeline's chest much to her annoyance. "See what we have here is a genuine, rock solid... octagonal body suit." She smiled as she grazed her finger along Galeline's shoulders. "Why don't we have a little fun? See if your little gun can first fire through the armor, cause that's what I came here for. But if it stands up to it let's see if it's strong enough to pierce through the... octagonal body suit. If it does, well then I will only charge half, if my girl is still conscious and kicking then you bay 45 gold more?" She extended a hand. "Your call."
Hersh is officially the best for making this awesome Rogan and Parseline Sig!
~Ask Rogan and Djin~
Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Rogan Esquin & Djin

TEAM LINK

Storage:
Eclipse the Lunatone
Abdowing the Woobat
Lasir the Zangoose
Voodoo the Wobbufett Lv. 14
Getter-2 the Porygon 2
ImageImage

Zeta x Dio
~~Proud Son of Dypo deLina and Evolina deLuna~~
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

The Ceartus:

A new discovery has been made! Map is updated.

You see what looks like an entire plateau made of nothing but ice, casually bobbing through the water. It looks sturdy enough to walk on, even. The most striking part, however, is the large, gaping hole that seems to lead downwards, into the glacier itself.

Garden Island:

"Philippus Ansaldi...?" The Skeleton Merchant stroked his chin, his eye sockets staring off into the distance. All of a sudden, his body began to jolt and shiver-- And suddenly, his eyes flashed with green energy, as if a light had just been switched on. "Ah! A new memory."

The Skeleton glanced at Maria, looking her over. "Yes, I see... I have heard of your father. A long time ago, I remember hearing the name. I never met him, personally... Probably. Still some missing ones. But hey, that's worth something to me."

He tapped a finger against his cranium, a hollow noise coming out. "You see, I don't quite have all my memories up in here. Don't quite remember who I used to be and all, but every once in a while, something jogs it. I remember hearing, a while ago now, that Philippus Ansaldi used to frequent a place... Out around... here."
Spoiler : :
"You can have that for free." The Skeleton said, presumably trying to grin.

Port Coin:

The two men exchanged a glance, eyebrows raised, clutching their respective inventions. Finally, the shorter man stepped forward and extended the chain mail.

"...There'll be no need. His bullets will not so much as graze my triangles!" He declared proudly.

The taller man's eyes narrowed, and he raised his gun proudly, quickly loading it and pulling back the hammer. "Hmph. You're foolish to throw away your money like this, girl. But let us see, then! My hexagun will herald the new age! No geometrical shape can stop that!"

Both men are raring to go. Thoughts of "safety" or "a more secure location" flee from their minds in favor of proving their designs. The chain mail is thrown over Galeline's shoulders, wrinkled somewhat by her form, and the Hexagun man stands a good distance away, taking aim.

"...Do not weep when this fails," He said simply, closing one eye. "I shall fire when all parties are ready."

"I am prepared as ever." The short man replies, glancing over at Galeline and Everette. "We'll fire on your mark."
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Port Mermaid

A girl dressed in a casual red t-shirt and blue dress skipped through Port Seaweed, excitedly glancing into the windows of each building she passes by, and therefore successfully catching the attention of the port's various travelers.

Trailing behind her, a girl in a t-shirt and tattered blue jeans rolled her eyes- something she'd been doing quite a bit today.

"Yukari, can you tone it down just a bit? Everybody's watching us." Vera said in a long-suffering tone of voice, glancing apologetically at everyone they passed.

"I know, I know! I'm just so excited! We're actually going on a pirate adventure! Like, it's really happening!" Yukari exclaimed, her voice nearly a squeal. She glanced into the next building's window, received glares from its occupants, and continued to skip along.

"I'm well aware, Yukari. But can you at least act your age? You're sixteen, not a little kid going on a field trip." Vera responded, her eyes darting from building to building in search of their destination.

"Fine, fine." Yukari muttered. She proceeded to shift to a walk and slowed her pace slightly. "You're no fun, you know that?"

"I'll happily take on the role of Ms. Buzzkill if it will actually get you to behave yourself." Vera shot back. She then tilted her towards the sky for a second in thought. "Anyway, the shop should be around here somewhere..."

"There!" Yukari exclaimed excitedly, and sprinted towards a nearby building, breaking into a sprint, pushing aside the innocent bystanders in her way.

Vera let out a soft sigh, and, making sure to apologize to the people casting Yukari nasty glares, followed her childhood friend to the store.

The two of them then proceed to enter the Port Mermaid shop.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

The Duchess Eldritch

Margaret, steering the ship whilst smoking her pipe and humming a sea shanty, looked over in the direction of their passenger. "Ah, you can stick it in the cargo hold down that hatch, there's plenty of room!" she shouted. "She seems like a nice enough girl, wouldn't you say, Alphonse?" she said to her second-in-command.

"Erm, miss, something seems a bit off about her... That cargo of hers seems to be moving around..." he replied with a nervous look on his face.

"I'm sure it's nothing, Alph. If it bothers you, ask her about it when she gets back from putting it away." Margaret shot back.

The Admiral just stood about waiting to ask their passenger questions. He was hoping to have an interesting story to tell about his first voyage on the ship.

The ship proceeded four spaces south.
Spoiler : Map :
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

Glacier

The entire crew of the Ceartus disembarks and heads on over to, since there are no other landmarks on the entire island, the big giant gaping hole and look down it, to see if there is any visible bottom.

"Alright, this definitely deserves being put into the journal," Duscha mentions, immediately whipping out said journal and writing in it.

"I would suggest sending someone to grapple down this thing with the grappling hook we have, but... we don't have too much rope," explains Trkopyloff. "We might want to come back once we have more supplies."

Gayle has doubts, saying, "I dunno, that seems... very dangerous for no real reward. There's probably just a pool of water at the bottom, nothing too notable."
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

Garden Island

"I-I don't know what to say!" Maria replied. She just couldn't contain her excitement. "Th-Thank you, sir!"

"Maria!" Antonio shouted. "Have you learned nothing? A real pirate does not say, 'thank you!'"

"I... I... I'm sorry."

He shook his head. "A real pirate does not say, 'sorry,' either."

Maria lowered her head. Marlyn raised an eyebrow.

"U-Um... let's get back to the ship."

They went inside the Neptune's Doubloon.
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥

Misc. Information
ZetaAzuel

Post by ZetaAzuel »

Everette made sure to stand a ways back away from Galeline in case the worst happened. "Fire away boys!"
Hersh is officially the best for making this awesome Rogan and Parseline Sig!
~Ask Rogan and Djin~
Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Rogan Esquin & Djin

TEAM LINK

Storage:
Eclipse the Lunatone
Abdowing the Woobat
Lasir the Zangoose
Voodoo the Wobbufett Lv. 14
Getter-2 the Porygon 2
ImageImage

Zeta x Dio
~~Proud Son of Dypo deLina and Evolina deLuna~~
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Port Coin:

Out on the streets, a fourth character was seen doing about the equivalent of kicking cans around. Her red top was torn and falling apart, and her pants weren't in much better condition. In addition, her clothes were all too big for her, and she had a dirty beggar appearance. In the distance, she saw all manner of boats taking off and coming back in, although one hadn't moved in quite some time. It also had a really cool looking flag! Something like a purple sea dragon with green ears. It was only a matter of time before that thing took off, so the poor young girl made a mad dash for it.

Port Coin Shop:

Our three real pirates, meanwhile, were arguing over how many medkits they would probably need, and the nutritional value of chum. After a time, they agreed to buy 3 medkits, 3 helpings of chum, a flintlock pistol, and a Wooden Staff.. They pooled the money together, and paid out 170 gold.
Last edited by The Ash Raichu on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Spoiler : OoC :
I'm going to be colour-coding my dialogue.

Linn is green.
Hikari is red.
Yumiko is blue.
Port Mermaid

Linn stood out at the harbor, looking at her ship, deep in thought. Finally. Finally, it was going to happen. After almost twenty years, it was finally going to happen. All her life, Linn always wanted to go on an adventure. After all, it was pretty cool living in Port Mermaid, but... She just felt so constrained, you know? There was a lot to see and do, but... There really wasn't anything to really do and see. And now? Her dreams were finally going to become reality.

But before she set sail, she had to make sure that they had everything they needed. After all, the very worst thing that could happen would be if they left port inadequately prepared. It would be really... Sucky if their adventure was prematurely thwarted because of something as silly as forgetting to bring some necessary goods.

Linn proceeded to turn away from her ship, and started walking towards the shops. Yumiko was there behind her. Hikari? She stayed behind, just to make sure everything would be all fine. She... Wasn't a person you would want to mess with, after all...

"I guess you're in a pretty good mood today, aren't you?"

Linn smiled a wide grin. "Of course! It's... I can't believe that this day's finally come! I get to sail the seas, explore, and just have a great time all around with my friends! F*** yeah, of course I'm happy!"

Yumiko smiled as well. She knew that, well, Linn wasn't always in such a pleasant mood. She too knew that feeling of exploration that Linn had in her. After all, that was how they bonded together. She too wanted to go and see what was beyond the seas.

"Heh. Glad to see you like that."

They continued to walk. Though they walked in silence, you could almost just... Feel the energy around them. Finally, the store was in front of them. They looked at each other. They knew what this meant - it pretty much was the first step into a new chapter of their lives.

Linn and Yumiko enter the store.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

The Duchess Eldritch:

The Sister of Red happily tossed her bag into the cargo hold, eliciting a loud, inhuman shriek of pain. The Sister of Red then turned back to her friends, glancing around at them. Her eyes settled on the Admiral, staring intently at him.

"I sense a great... aura... about you," She said, taking a step forward. "Tell me, what is your name? Who are you?"

The Garden Island:

The Skeleton tilted his head. "Leaving so soon? Alright, bye then. But don't worry about saying 'thank you'. A little thanks goes a long way. Spread some good, friends. These waters could use a little good out there."

The Skeleton Merchant glanced over their boat. "If you need repairs, be sure to come by. Our time was brief, but I'll remember it for... Well, as long as I can."

He tapped his skull again, then sat back on the sand, kicking his feet in the water.

Port Coin:

The Hexagun fired, an explosion of six simultaneous shots, the force of the shots blowing its Inventor flat onto his back-- The shots whizzed through the air, and were we to follow them in slow motion, we would see the spread of bullets, two speeding off and entirely missing their mark, one glancing off Galeline's head, and the final three speeding straight through the triangular links of the chain mail, strike Galeline's rock-hard carapace, and richochet off-- The first hit the Bulletin Board, the second splashed into the water, and the third whizzed straight past the shorter man's ear.

There was a brief silence as the scene settled down. The two men slowly rose to their feet, blinking rapidly. Finally, the shorter man's face split into a wide grin, and he began to dance around his taller rival.

"Yes! Yes yes yes yes YES!" He cried, pumping his fists into the air with joy. "I knew the design was impenetrable! You saw it, right? It bounced right off the interlocking triangles! The three lined code is the key to ultimate power! Your pathetic mockery of a gun has nothing against TRUE SCIENCE!"

The Hexagun's inventor stared in disbelief, staring back and forth between his invention and the still-standing Galeline. "No-- NO! Impossible! Your pathetic design couldn't hav-- It was the Octagonal armor that deflected it! You couldn't have possibly seen it! My hexagun would have penetrated your pathetic...!"

The two men quickly descended back into feverish bickering once more.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Port Mermaid

"Welcome to me shop, lasses. We got a lot o' good things in stock today, but if ye be lookin' fer a drink, best head elsewhere. Now what'll it be, lasses?" says the Merchant, greeting you all with a smile. "Since there's so many of ye, why don't ye buy a camera? Don't mind te' rust on it, I guarantee that 60% of the time, it works. Probably."
Spoiler : Port Mermaid Shop :
Repair Kit: Restores 1 Point to Ship (40 Gold)
Cheap Cutlass (10 Gold)
Cheap Fishing Rod (20 Gold)
Empty Jar (5 Gold)
Torch (50 Gold)
Lantern Oil (30 Gold)
Underwater Breathing Helmet (300 Gold)
Rusty Camera (20 Gold)
Life Preserver (100 Gold)
Rifle (30 Gold)
Wayward Glacier

You set foot on the cold ice tundra; it really is solid ice beneath your foot, trembling somewhat in the water, but it holds steady. The mouth of the hole is wide, and the light doesn’t reach far enough down to make out the bottom.

You could probably drop something in, but your crew has no idea what may be at the bottom of this hole, if there is any. If there is solid ground at the bottom, you reason that it would make a sound. You wonder if it would be wise to do so, however. The sound may attract unwanted company.

Port Coin

"What is it with people an chum today? Is this stuff actually good?" asks the Merchant, looking quite confused. When he accidentally ordered a ship load of chum, he was sure that'd be the end of him. He piles all your stuff together and hands it to you, taking your gold.

You now have 130 gold left.
Last edited by Alnar on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

At Sea

"Well crew, let's get ready to sail again!" Maria said.

"Actually," Madlyn interjected, "before we do that, may I have a word with Antonio?"

Maria just shrugged. "I don't see why not." She took the wheel while Dean climbed up to the crow's nest.

Madlyn lead Antonio to the living quarters. "Y'know, there's something I've been wondering."

Antonio asked, "What is it?"

"Why do you even bother following this brat in the first place? Why not just throw her and her cowardly friend off this ship the first chance you get?"

Antonio shook his head. "Do you know why Maria's father even bothered to give her that coin? Or why he referred to it as his 'lucky doubloon?'" Madlyn just stared at him. "It's because that coin was the first doubloon he had ever found - washed up by the shore of his old home. Now, I don't know what happened, but after that day, filippus was a natural born treasure hunter." He smirked. "If that girl is anything like her father, she has that treasure-hunting instinct."

"I see." Madlyn replied. "So, what you are saying is..."

"We let that girl find a good supply of loot for us. Then, when we feel we have enough..." Antonio cocked his gun. "Well... we'll just cross that bridge when we come to it."

"Antonio! Madlyn! Are you guys done down there?!" Maria shouted.

"Coming!" Antonio shouted back. "Remember, patience is key with this operation. If we go through with the mutiny too early, we'll be leaving with a... less than satisfying result."

Antonio and Madlyn made their way to the deck.

"Alright! Is everyone ready?" Maria yelled. "Then, let's be off!"

Maria sailed the ship 3 squares to the west.
Spoiler : Map :
Last edited by Spongesonic on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥

Misc. Information
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Neptune's Doubloon

You sail off the island and back into the open sea! Having passed these waters before, it looks like nothing out of the ordinary happens.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

This here is tale of four outcasts who are on a journey to fill the holes in their lives with some sweeter and more fulfilling, like a ripe cantaloupe on an early summer's morning. Though the four of them all search to enrich their rotten lives, each bring their own assortment of experiences to the table. Will these young seeds grow to be the harvests best, or will they spoil and be left decomposing at the bottom of the ocean? Only time can tell...

Port Coin

Standing by the wheel of the ship, Captain Baron gave a menacing stink eye towards the Quartermaster, "Are you quite done with that monologue? I 'reckon that none of us want to be sticking around in this port much longer. If I wanted you to be our ships Narrator, I would have payed you, but I didn't.

"I 'pologize sir Captain sir." Paulie beckoned sincerely. "Us ol' folks jus' like tah run our mouths time-tah-time."

"*hic* Ah but, what be all that fruity puns foh *hic*. " Allie garbled, reeking of alcohol. "Ah like meself a few good avocado's when Ah'm in the mooooooood *hic*."

"Oh wow sissie Allie! I can't believe you know avocado are fruit!" Shanty sang elegantly. "I can't tell you how many times I had to tell people avocado's were fruit and not some weird vegetables! How could ~aaaannnnnyyyoooonnnneeee~ not notice the seed on the inside makes it a ~fruuuuuuiiiiiiiit~!"

"Oh, huh, yeah.... *hic*" Allie mumbled, pretty much ignoring everything Shanty had to say.

Silence wafted in the air, so the captain used this time to regain control of the conversation. "Now before we head off, it is imperative that we stock up before heading off. Shanty, since you are currently not on the run or intoxicated, I leave it up to you to check to see what is good at the Merchants." Baron then tossed Shanty a bag of gold. "There should be 300 gold in the bag, and that is the rest of our savings as I spent most of it on the ship and you 3. Now off with ya and don't return without something useful!"

"~Aaaaayyyeee Aaaaayyyeee CAPPPPPPPPTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIN!!!~" Shanty proclaimed with an operatic voice.

Travel to Merchent
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition