[RP] Sea of Thieves - Game Start

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Re: [RP] Sea of Thieves

Post by Sleuth »

I'm honored to accept Suzume into this RP. And also the rest of the crew.
ZetaAzuel

Post by ZetaAzuel »

Spoiler : Meet The Chimera's! :
Ship Name: The Chimera's Tounge
Flag: A Lion's face roaring with a snake for a tongue
Crew: Willow Weed, Galiline, Lymes Oxston, Everette Landy (List all the members of your crew here. Max 4)
Gold: 300 (All players begin with a salary of 300 Gold. Remember to keep track.)
Starting Location: Port Coin (Port Mermaid, Coin, or Seaweed. See map.)

Firepower: C
Durability: C
Speed: C
Maneuverability: C

Name:Lymes Oxston
Role: Captain, Navigator, "The Tounge"
Bio: "Men with money, are men who rule." Lymes Oxston believes this simple creed. Having inherited his fathers ship, he seeks to make fortune. Whether it by treasure, pillage, or luck he is a man driven by profits. His negotiation skills are known and has earned him the nickname "The Tounge." At least by his other shipmates. Pretty average build, dons the typical captains hat, and and his skin is sun baked into a dark brown. Cause you all know I have to make at least 1 black character.

Possessions: A Gold Anchor, A Book of Transactions, and A Old Fashioned Camera (Your character gets up to three special items that they bring aboard.)

Name: Willow Weed
Role: Chef, Janitor, Spy, "The Ears"
Bio: Willow Weed washed up on the shores of Port Coin a few years back as some Humanoid- Seaweed thing. He claims that he wandered away in an ocean current from his family deep under the water. But no one really knows for sure. What they were certain of was that he was an excellent cook, he tends to blend into the water as floating seaweed very well, and can slip his arms and legs to most anything. Lymes recruited him onto his ship after he nearly got food poisoning from his last cook and henceforth he's been good at keeping the ship in excellent condition as well as the crew with decent food. His excellent hearing has earned him the nickname "The Ears" at least by his fellow crew mates.

Possessions: A Rubber Boot, A Collection of Fishing Hooks [Right now at 10], A Green Spatula. (Your character gets up to three special items that they bring aboard.)

Name: Galeline (You can call yourself whatever you want.)
Role: Mascot, Muscle, Occasional Anchor, "The Eyes"
Bio: Galeline is a Female Golem like creature that Lymes dug up on the beach one day. With no memory or possessions to her name she pretty much bonded with Lymes like a daughter. Her diet consists of rocks, pretty much any kind of rock but has a taste for gems (They taste sweeter for her.) She can make pockets of air in her body to float. She can change her density to make her fists and kicks hit harder.

She acts as the Chimera's Mascot often gathering the attention on people nearby and drawing in potential customers. Her eyes tend to gleam depending on what gems she's recently eating and the luster is known to have a strange hypnotic affect. Hence she's been playfully nicknamed "The Eyes" by not just her crew, but by others around port.

Possessions: A Bottle of assorted gemstones (Mostly Emeralds and Unakites), A picture of herself and Lymes, A big magnet.

Name:Everette Landy
Role: Firearms Specalist, Adventurer, Spotter, "The Guns"
Bio: Evertte is an adventure loving lady, who's mother worked with Lymes Father. In turn the two are good friends and she has worked with him ever since they could sail a ship together. While Lyme is more focused on the money, Evertte is more focused on the adventure and often times quibbles with Lymes over taking the more fun route vs the more profitable one. Nonetheless she's great with guns, cannons, and weapons of all sorts. And her eyes are sharp enough to spot things far enough away, hence making her the spotter of the group.

She's somewhat upset that she's called "The guns" because of her skill with a gun. She wanted something more daring but she'll have to do with it for now.

Possessions: FlintLock-Hand Cannon( A Large Flintlock Pistol ) Blunderbuss, Spyglass
Hersh is officially the best for making this awesome Rogan and Parseline Sig!
~Ask Rogan and Djin~
Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Rogan Esquin & Djin

TEAM LINK

Storage:
Eclipse the Lunatone
Abdowing the Woobat
Lasir the Zangoose
Voodoo the Wobbufett Lv. 14
Getter-2 the Porygon 2
ImageImage

Zeta x Dio
~~Proud Son of Dypo deLina and Evolina deLuna~~
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

It's another day in Mermaid's Purse,
It was never better, it was never worse.
The ships arrive and ships set sail,
The whole dock reeks of rum and ale.
The ports are bustling, alive and well,
Merchants ring their shiny bell,
With their crates and tents of goods to sell,
While little children scream and yell.

The sea awaits, calm and cold,
You think you saw a Kraken hold
A ship in the distance, dragging it down,
But you turn your head back to the town.

True, terrors await beyond this port,
That will certainly cut your journey short.
But with a quick wit and a sword at your side,
You bravely begin the deadly ride.
Straighten your cap, roll up your sleeves,
As you set sail onto the Sea of Thieves.

The Game has Begun
Spoiler : Starting Positions :
ZetaAzuel

Re: [RP] Sea of Thieves - Game Start

Post by ZetaAzuel »

Port Coin

"Another day, another doubloon." Lymes said as he counted his gold. Today was the day that they'd start setting sail, making riches, and fghting other devious pirates. The Chimea's tongue was poised and ready to go, but much like anything in life you had to be prepared. Or so thought Lymes at least, the last thing he needed was for his fathers ship to be sunk because they didn't buy enough proper equipment.

He sat in the captains quarters, and piled up the gold into a satchel and placed it in front of him. "Galeline!" He called, and no sooner did the cheerful golem girl gleefully stomp her way through to him. She was gorging again, he could tell by how heavy her footsteps were. But that didn't matter for the moment, as he tossed the satchel at Galeline who promptly caught it in her hand wt a fierce grip.

"Go and get us some supplies, there's a peper in the satchel so you know what to get. Don't spend a single coin on something that's not on the list, understand?"

Galeline juggled the satchel in her hand while listening but then nodded in confirmation. "Gotcha! Only what's on the list!"

"I mean it... I know you tend to buy expensive 'candy' for yourself. We're going to set sail and we need to be ready so no wasteful spending."

"Got it! No wasteful spending!" Galeline smiled as she hopped (more like crunched) her way off the ship and towards the market. And thus she looked for a merchant to buy some goodies!
~Ask Rogan and Djin~
Rogan Esquin & Djin

TEAM LINK

Storage:
Eclipse the Lunatone
Abdowing the Woobat
Lasir the Zangoose
Getter-2 the Porygon 2
ImageImage

Zeta x Dio
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Port Coin:

The Merchant rings their bell, waving over sailors, townspeople, and anyone willing to buy. "Come one, come all," He cries, as his employees gather gold coins and hand out the goods. Next to his tent is a large wooden plank with a paper stuck to it, reading off the following:
Spoiler : Port Coin Shop :
Repair Kit (Restores 1 Point to Ship): 40 Gold
Knife: 10 Gold
10 Meters of Rope: 20 Gold
Box of Matches: 5 Gold
Chum: 10 Gold
Rusty Camera: 20 Gold
Rusty Climbing Hook: 15 Gold
Barrel of Grog: 30 Gold
Wooden Staff: 5 Gold
Flintlock Pistol: 15 Gold
Last edited by Sleuth on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Port Coin:

"Oy! Final supply check! Do we actually have a boat?"

"Check!"

"Fresh water?"

"The freshest!

"Food?"

"Uh... kinda?"

"What do you mean, 'kinda?!' You know what? That's why we're doing this. Let's pack up whatever food we have, then see what we all need."

The tall girl hoisted her big barrel onto the modest ship. It wasn't big, nor was it fancy, but the small size meant it used up less materials, making it light and fast. The young man captaining the ship received the barrel, only to realize it was full of fish. That was probably what she meant by "kinda."

"Hey, Jazz! Anything else you think we'd need?" The tall girl turned to her comrade, a young woman all dressed in blue. This "Jazz" seemed to be a perpetual frowner, bitter about pretty much anything she could think of.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe gunpowder? You did remember to put actual weapons in, right Captain?"

"Of course. What kind of nimrod wouldn't put actual weapons on their ship?" The captain shouted down. He then quietly added, "I didn't do a spectacular job, but it's better than nothing," while "Jazz" was jotting down what else the modest crew needed.

"Oh! Captain, don't you have all the money? Mind tossing that down?"

"I'll do you one better, Flo. I should probably tag along, too. Stretch my legs before I do a whole lot of sitting down." The blue parrot on the Captain's shoulder made a few noises. "I know you're excited, Blister. We all are. Hold your horses."

Soon, the captain, holding a small bag, was down with the rest of his crew. All two of them. He opened the bag to reveal a set of shiny coins. The three of them split the funds evenly. "Okay, Flo, you go get some more food. I'll go get some extra gunpowder. Jazmine, if we missed anything, it's your job to get that. Got it?"

"Got it!" The tall girl, apparently Flo, enthusiastically agreed, while Jazmine gave little more than an exasperated "Sure."

The three move to the shop.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Port Coin:

"You three look like savvy shoppers!" The Merchant cried, singling out the trio of new adventurers. "You should buy a Wooden Staff! The possibilities are limitless! It can be used as firewood, a walking stick, or even a spear! Everything begins with this simple Wooden Staff!"
Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

Port Seaweed

Maria breathed a sigh of relief as she nailed the last board in. After months of working, she had managed to turn that old, wrecked ship into a work of art. Truth be told, when she first found the ship, she was surprised it was still afloat due to just how bad of a condition it was in. Of course, none of that mattered now that the ship had been repaired.

She turned around to Antonio, who gave her a smile.

"Well done, kiddo," he said. "I doubt even your father could've done such a great repair job."

Maria returned the smile. "Well, y'know... I did have a bit of help. I couldn't have done it without you and Dean, after all."

Antonio shook his head. "Heh. You're too modest... just like your father."

Madlyn just rolled her eyes at his statement. Just how much longer would she have to put up with this drivel? Why couldn't they just start the mutiny now and get it over with? But, no, Antonio insisted that they wait until "the time was right." What better time than right as the ship sets sail?

At that moment, Dean came up to the group, list of provisions in hand. "Here you go, Antonio. I've finished checking inventory."

Antonio checked the list and frowned. "Well, I would say everything is in order, but... well, it may just be me, but I notice that we don't seem to have a repair kit around here. It's dangerous out at sea this time of year, and you can't be too safe."

"Good thinking!" Maria replied. "Let's go to the shop and see if they have any!"

With that, the four headed off to the Port Seaweed Shop.
Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Port Seaweed:

"If you're looking for a Jar o' Pickles, you've come to the right place! But if you just want the jar... same price." cries the merchant once you enter his shop. He taps the jar of pickles beside him for emphasis.

"What'll it be, lads and lasses?" he asks.
Spoiler : :
Port Seaweed Shop:
Repair Kit: Restores 1 Point to Ship (40 Gold)
Rusty Knife (5 Gold)
Empty Jar (5 Gold)
Jar of Pickles (5 Gold)
5 Meters of Rope (15 Gold)
Lopsided Boomerang (10 Gold)
12 Pack of Rum (10 Gold)
Rations (+0.5 Points) (600 Gold)
Rusty Shotgun (35 Gold)
Wonky Rifle (40 Gold)
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

Port coin:

"Today looks to be the day we will finally be able to set off on our epic journey!" Gayle shouted, looking up towards the sky. "You three are ready to set sail, right? I know I am!"

Whittaker and Trkopyloff nodded their heads, but Duscha had something she needed to speak up about. "Well, we've got a good amount of coin right now, and it looks like all the other sailors are heading off to the shop. We should probably at least check out what they've got."

"Oh, yes, that sounds like a good idea to me. What use is gold if we're not spending it, really?"

Duscha's eyebrows grew a smidgen worried at that last comment. The other two stayed silent, having no real objections.

"Great, we're all in agreement!" Gayle continued. "Perhaps we can find some equipment we will later take as vital. Or maybe just some good ingredients for food. Let's go - I don't want this ship to wait any longer!"

"Patience, Gayle," Trkopyloff advised, "You don't want to miss out on a really good deal just because you're trying to do things quickly."

"Yeah..." Gayle responded, following with "Come on, guys, I said let's go to the shop!" with no loss of enthusiasm at all.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Port Coin:

"What good is gold if you're not spending it?" The Merchant asked, looking at the crews gathering around his shop. "Come on, pals, move it or lose it, I've got other customers!"
ZetaAzuel

Post by ZetaAzuel »

Galeline looked at the list of wares and then began to dig her hand into her satchel feeling the rustle of coins. She felt a bit of paper and pulled it out and began to read its contents.

"3 repair kits, a barrel of grog, 2 box of matches, Chum, and..." She looked at the words in italics carefully. 10 Gold for whatever you want.

Galeline smirked a little. He always spoiled her in a way, not that she minded. Though 10 gold wasn't really a lot. "I'll take that stick Er... Staff."

Galeline thought for a few minutes before offering 175 gold. "All that stuff please."
~Ask Rogan and Djin~
Rogan Esquin & Djin

TEAM LINK

Storage:
Eclipse the Lunatone
Abdowing the Woobat
Lasir the Zangoose
Getter-2 the Porygon 2
ImageImage

Zeta x Dio
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Port Mermaid

"...And that's the story of Eyepatch Jefferson and why they call him that. Doesn't even have an eyepatch, odd chap." said the Admiral, concluding one of his long storytelling sessions.

The captain and second-in-command both sat there with looks of fascination, Margaret smoking her pipe and Alphonse with a glass of wine in his hand. Eight, on the other hand, was utterly bored. She had been looking for a life of adventure, and was instead stuck with a captain and second-in-command who were completely oblivious and a navigator who had a talent for storytelling rather than navigating.

"Right then, enough slacking off, we need more rum. We need other supplies besides, but also rum. Who's going to volunteer to go get it?" Margaret asked, looking at the other three. She had hired quite the band of swashbucklers for herself, but it was what the Baroness had requested, so it'd have to do.

Nobody raised their hand to volunteer. "Very well then, if no one's going to volunteer, we'll all go." she said.

"But shouldn't someone stay behind to protect the ship? What if someone steals it?" Eight asked.

"The ship can take care of itself just fine, it's got guns and everything, it should be alright." Alphonse replied to her.

Eight sighed. "Alright then, off to shop for supplies it is. Hopefully I can get some ingredients."

"Indeed! The search for more rum begins!" Margaret shouted.

The crew heads to the Port Mermaid shop.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

Port Seaweed Shop

"I want the rum," Madlyn said.

"Madlyn!" Antonio yelled. "We just want to get a few repair kits."

Madlyn just grunted. "Someone can't take a joke... and besides, Maria's in charge, not you."

The rest of the group just glared at her.

They bought three Repair Kits.

When the others had their backs turned, Madlyn sneakily put 10 coins on the counter.

"And give me a 12 pack of rum..." she whispered.

She bought one 12 Pack of Rum.
Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

Port Coin:

As Gayle browsed the selection, Durscha suggested, "We should probably keep at least 100 gold for emergencies. Never know what can happen."

Gayle, almost looking a bit hurt, said, "Wait, but what about gold having no value if we're not using it to buy things??"

"Emergencies that involve paying for things. Like not being killed."

"...I guess I can see how that'd be a problem. Make it 50."

Duscha sighed. "Fine..."

Trkopyloff, on the other hand, pressed on in her place, saying "50 gold isn't really much at all. Besides, there might be a new catalog of items at the next store we find with a bunch of items we'll want, but can't pay for."

Gayle frowned, conceding with "I don't want to make my crew angry so early in the journey, so alright, if you really want, I'll leave us 100 gold."

He then continued looking through the collection, finally deciding to buy 2 repair kits, a barrel of grog, 4 servings of chum, a climbing hook, 10 meters of rope, a knife, and a box of matches.

"I guess we aren't getting any gourmet food on this trip," grieved Whittaker, looking over at Trkopyloff, who also looked fairly disappointed.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!