[RP] Welcome to Pleasanton

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Re: [RP] Welcome to Pleasanton

Post by enigma »

Henderson Farm

At the third knock, the door swings open to reveal a woman in plaid overalls and sporting blond hair in twintails. She seems... younger than expected. She couldn't be older than 25. Though, then again, it's hard to tell considering her face can't be seen. You see, over her head she wears a felt mask/helmet made to look like a cow head.

The beady eyes of the cow head gaze into Jenny's eyes. ...Creepy. They're so dead and unnerving.

"Moo." She finally speaks in an entirely deadpan voice. "You must be here about Richard... Well, he's not at home. He's gone off to greener pastures. But if you're okay with speaking to me, I don't mind..."

Silence. Just the dead eyes of a cow staring deeply into your soul. Or lack of one, if you don't have one. I'm not one to judge.

"Well." She speaks slowly and deadpan. "Are you going to come in or just stand there? Hm?"

She holds the door open, with mild irritation.

Truman's Auto Shop

*HONK* *HONK*

"Hey! You gonna sleep in there all day? My car's broken to shit and I need someone to fix it! Get your lazy ass out here, Truman!"

Angry shouting erupted from the doorway of the auto shop. Inside, a man dressed in a white suit (Armani), a red tie (Hugo Boss), black pants (Gucci) , shiny black shoes (Lacoste), a gold watch (antique) and a white dress shirt (Ralph Lauren).

From within his Antique Lamborghini, sits Anton Fischer. Esteemed master of inheritance and stock market luck. The perfect living, breathing proof that good things happen to bad people.

*HONK* *HONK* *HONK*

He slams his palm on the horn, again and again...

The First Regional Bank of Pleasanton

Mildred listens to him talk, nodding along. Not understanding any of it.
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

Tasse says something. A question, probably.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Henderson Farm

"Of course I don't mind speaking with you, ma'am!" Once again, a warm smile flashes upon her face.

"But, I truly am sorry for making you wait like that... And... Well, condolences to your husband..."

Jenny enters the house, and takes out a notepad.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
enigma

Post by enigma »

She nods.

Henderson Farm

She nods and silently leads Jenny down the hall, into the lounge. Inside the house, everything is dimly lit by gas lamps. The wallpaper is peeling off. The carpet is encrusted with mud stains from wet rainboots. The lounge is the same. A small room featuring only an old TV and a fireplace. The majority of light comes from the window. The fireplace is on, heating up a kettle.

Henderson's wife takes the kettle off and begins pouring tea into two china cups. She takes one and, slipping it under the mask, takes a sip. She tilts her head, as if smiling, and sits down.

"My name is Pepper." She begins. And then she waits.

Silently waiting for Jenny to speak.
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

Tasse mentions something to the woman and leaves his office, heading into the safe and coming back out with what looks to be $2,500. It doesn't look nearly as large as it's worth when it's just 25 bills.

He sets it down on the desk, but adds, "I forgot to ask earlier, but would you like this all in a digital account? I imagine it'd be easier to find a good oven online than in town."
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
enigma

Post by enigma »

From her expression, you may as well have asked Mildred if she wanted her money turned into magic moon dust.

"......Come again, Dearie?"
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

Bénédicte's smile refused to falter. He clarified, "Are you planning on going to a store and buying the oven there to bring home?"
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
enigma

Post by enigma »

"Ah. I'm going to use the catalogs. You can just send them the money and a picture of the oven you want. And they'll ship it straight to you. How convenient."

She smiles, obviously pleased with herself.
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

Tasse nodded. "Then all you need is this money. Thanks for your business, and remember to keep in mind our deal, Parkin."

And with that, he went back into his office, satisfaction laying on his face, waiting for any further clients. Perhaps he plays a round of solitaire.
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

The Winking Owl Bar and Inn

The sun rose with the dawn of a new morning. It was another day, but another day where?

"Just another day in Pleasanton." said the man, looking at himself in the mirror, preparing himself to go down to where he always stood nearly every day. Who was this man?

"Gregory. Time to go down there. You can feel it in the wind can't you?" says the man to his own reflection. Gregory Owlford, that was his name. Owner of the Winking Owl Bar and Inn since he was just a little lad. It was a lot of responsibility to shoulder, but he's been doing it for 35 long years. He was used to it by now. And having been in this town for so long, you can just sense when there were outsiders coming in.

Outsiders.

Well, he was still the owner of the Inn, so dealing with outsiders was Gregory's job. He would have to welcome them to the town and give them a tour.

Gregory Owlford walked down the stairs and took his place behind the bar. It was day time, so not much people would be here aside from a few guests. He'd have to get ready to cook soon if anyone wanted to eat here. Good thing Gregory was a man of many talents. You had to be, as the one running the entire inn by day and tending the bar by night.

"Welcome to the Winking Owl Bar and Inn. Rooms vary in price but we've got it all. We serve food and drink, with entertainment at night." he says to himself, repeating his usual spiel.

It was just another day in Pleasanton. Except he could just feel it. Outsiders were in town. Perhaps this day would not just be one like any other.
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

Inn Room

Grace had just stepped out of the shower, drying off her hair with a white towel, an owl embroidered on it. She stood in front of the mirror, hurrying up a little with doing her hair this time because she wanted to get out of the room rather quickly. Being pressed for time, her hairstyle wasn't as on-point as it usually was, but it'll have to do. She'll just fix it once she's back at her own bathroom.

The singer put on a long, flowing black dress and a matching rose scarf. Her eyes flickered around the room.

... Good, he still seemed to be sleeping.

Some more money had found it's way from the drawer into her purse, and then she was ready to head downstairs to the bar. "Pitiful outsider", she mutters, "didn't know who I was. I guess I'm just that overbearingly charming..." Grace giggled. She slowly moved along the hall and down the wooden stairs, finding herself in the bar, greeting the bartender.
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Greg was just finishing making a batch of coffee when he heard footsteps come from the stairs. He turns his head and greets them, knowing full well who those steps belonged to.

"Good morning, Grace." says Greg as the beautiful woman came down the stairs.

That was Grace Fairfield, famous lounge singer of Pleasanton, frequent patron and entertainer of the Bar at night. Where some people come here for a place to stay the night, Greg had to wonder if Grace was the other reason people came here. It worked out well at least. Some nights people would be too drunk to make it back to their own homes that they'd book a room in the inn for the rest of the night.

"You're up early today. Did you sleep well?" he asks, pouring coffee into a mug. He gestures at it, offering the mug to the singer.
Arivenzys
Spoken languages: Français, English

Post by Arivenzys »

Town square

Waldemar finally arrived to Pleasanton, along with his backback and a big suitcase, after a long walk from the boat that brought him from France. He had to travel by night, having nowhere to sleep for now, but hopefully it didn't rain. Yet.
Yes, stereotypes on England often mention that glorious water falling every then and now.

Anyway, the newcomer stopped on the main square, sat on his huge suitcase, and looked around to see any hotel or inn that could receive him. The weather was nice enough to let him think peacefully, although a little cold, so he could take his time. For now, at least.

Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

A smile curled onto the lounge singer's lips, dusting off her dress with one hand and holding her scarf with the other, pulling it down to show the Bartender her red lips. "Good morning, Greg." She answered.

The singer accepted to coffee thankfully. "My utmost gratitude." She nodded and took a sip of it. "I was in a hurry, that's what... busy dealing with those kinds of people. Outsiders. I didn't even have enough time to put on make-up properly... woe is me." She held her purse close to her hip. "Atleast the guy's down more than just a few bucks." Grace playfully giggled.

"Though I have to admit, ever since getting out of bed, I've felt a bit... cranky. Like something is about to happen. I can feel it in my bones." Grace looked at the floor between her legs. "... or maybe I'm just getting old? Ha ha ha... atleast I'll still look younger than I am, hopefully." She took another sip of her coffee, just wondering what might conspire today.
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Greg nods and pours a cup of coffee of his own. He doesn't seem to pay much mind to the fact that Grace may or may not have committed larceny. Instead, he responds to her later remarks. "Ah, you can feel it too, can't you? I tell you, it's in the wind. I've been in this town long enough to tell when something's up. Maybe I'm the one who's getting old around here." he says, sipping his coffee afterwards.

"You going to be singing tonight, Grace?"