[RP] Welcome to Pleasanton

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Re: [RP] Welcome to Pleasanton

Post by enigma »

Good Morning, Everyone!

It's 8:00am on a monday and the villagers of Pleasnaton are beginning to stir. Warm light shines upon the town, as if the sun was smiling down on it. The forests that surround the town rustle, and the woodland creatures begin to go about their daily business in tandem with the men, women and children. Settling into their daily routine, the space bustles with the quaint little energy that the town so readily exudes. Yes, it is another typical, ordinary day in Pleasanton.

And then... There are the outsiders. Why they've been drawn to this town varies. And, yet, they have arrived. Almost as if drawn here by an invisible string. A thread of something more...

Now, I can tell you, right off the bat that no town is friendlier than Pleasanton. However, paradoxically, no town dislikes an outsider as much as Pleasanton.

The events that followed certainly made that clear.

But, in this moment, the pieces on the board are naive. Ignorant. Unaware of the darkness they'll soon have to face.

Ah, but that is such an offputting subject. For now, let us watch these happy pawns go about their lives. Let us watch as the outsiders wander through Pleasanton's gates.

And as they enter Pleasanton, they are greeted with their first sight of the world they've stepped into. A single pine tree, alone and seperate from the rest, standing under a flickering lamp post. As if waiting for them to arrive. And, above it, a rusted old signboard that says...

---Morning of the First Day, 8:00am---
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Jenny's House

It was a typical morning in Pleasanton. Well, at least it was a typical morning for Jenny.

In front of her, was, of course, a full English, with a pot of English Breakfast. After all, how else could you start a morning, but with a full English and a cup of tea? Luckily for her, it wasn't like she really needed to rush to work. Typically, not too much happened in the morning, so she could afford to cook a breakfast like that every morning. Ah, such was life.

She looked out the window. Nice and sunny, like normal. That... That always was nice, the sun. The warmth. She smiled. It was going to be another good day...

After polishing off her food, she quickly dumped the dishes into the sink, and prepared to go off to work. After all, the news never sleeps!

Jenny heads off to work.
Spoiler : OoC :
Well, wherever work is. xP

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

The First Regional Bank of Pleasanton

Tasse stood in front of the door to the bank that has been his work the entirety of his professional career. Nothing struck him in particular about this day, so he did as he usually did on a weekday. He flipped the sign in front to say "Open" and entered, sitting down behind the main teller desk. He double-checked his watches - exactly 8 am. His head nodded in acknowledgement of his precise punctuality today. Tasse kept in mind the warm smile showing no teeth he usually gave to his clientele in case anyone showed up, and balled both his hands together into an unclenched fist laying on the desk as he laid in wait.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
enigma

Post by enigma »

Pleasanton Papers

Cornelius Stonewall sat stock still at his desk. A cigar in his ashtray, still smoldering, and a paper open in front of him. Exactly how he liked it.

Pleasanton Papers, a local business, reports on only the most important news in Pleasanton. Missing cats, pie baking competitions, where to get the best fish and chips... That sort of thing. Yeah... The kind of boring, run of the mill stuff you'd expect. Nice news for a nice town.

As she knocked on his door, he called Jenny in, motioning to the seat in front of his desk.

"So, what stories have you got for me today, luv? Anythin' juicy?" He chuckled, wearily.

Mildred Parkin gripped her handbag carefully. She was a little old lady, around 80. Sweet and almost blind as a bat. She tottered around town, giving out baked goods and hardboiled candies, during the day. And, at night, she'd bake and knit. Such was her life.

But, today, she had made an appointment to see Mr. Tasse at the bank. As it was, a loan was in order. A loan to purchase a brand new oven, as it was. It seems, yesterday, she had gotten into a little accident and broken her old one.

And so it was that she had come to the bank, knocking rhythmically on the door to Mr. Tasse's office.

"Hullo? Are you in there, Mister Tasse?" She tittered.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Town Square

This was it. It had been quite the journey, but he was finally here. It had been a regular flight, then a bus, and then yet another bus, and an arduous trek through the woods, but Barry Normal had finally reached the town of Pleasanton.

What would he do first on his checklist? He did want to see everything this town had to offer. The walk through the woods, refreshing as it was, had left him quite famished, and he hadn't had breakfast yet today. He would test out the town's breakfast offerings first, that was a good start.

Barry looks for somewhere to have breakfast.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Pleasanton Papers

For some reason, Jenny always felt... Slight apprehension whenever she entered her boss's room. Maybe it was just the smell of cigars that put her off. Maybe it was just the overall claustrophobia she felt because of the mounds of paper. Either way, she took a deep breath... And entered Cornelius's room.

Always with the new stories, eh?

Sure, she was excited and she loved reporting on the news... But... To be quite honest, it wasn't like she really had anything new tor report on. After all, there were only so many riffs you could make on a "cat stuck in tree" article...

"Anything juicy? N-Not really anything, unfortunately..." Jenny gave a sheepish smile and a small laugh.

"I... I was wondering actually if you've heard of anything interesting happening...?"

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

Tasse stood up promptly and opened the door.

"Ah, hello, Parkin. It's very nice to see you today. Are you planning to make an account here?" he asked carefully.
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
enigma

Post by enigma »

Town Square

"Hey, Mistah!"

A small child, little cap and rosy cheeks and suspenders and all, runs up to Barry.

"You look like a tourist, yeah? Want me to show you around for a nickel, Mistah?"

Pleasanton Papers

"Well, you know what they say! No news is good news!" Cornelius guffawed and then suddenly stopped.

"Which means I have bad news. Very bad news."

Cornelius sighs, shaking his head.

"Poor Hendersons... You know, the dairy farmer? He got into a little bit of a wee accident, you know? Accidents just seem to be happening all the time these days! Someone should go check up on him, you know? See if his wife is okay. That sort of thing."

He sighs again, chuckling sadly.

"What is the world coming to."

"Yes, that's right." She nods. "I want to get a loan."

She places her handbag on the table and opens it. Immediately, a thick sweet smell fills the room. Inside, squashed and crushed beyond repair, are the remains of multiple tarts and cakes. They haven't been wrapped up. No, she's just piled them in as-is.

"My poor oven broke! So I need to get another one. Something nice and easy to use...."

She runs a gnarled, crooked, old finger through the contents of the bag. Tasting it, and smiling kindly.

"I can't live without my baking, you know?"

Absentmindedly, she holds out the bag to Mr. Tasse.

"Lemon tart, Mr. Tasse?"
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Pleasanton Papers

Ah. It was going to be... That kind of day. She quickly cracked a half-smile, before putting on a more concerned face. These... Were the more interesting days, that's for sure.

"I see. That's... quite the tragedy. I'll go visit her right away, sir."

Jenny moves to where the Hendersons are.

DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Town Square

Ah! It seemed the people here were quite friendly! This was good news. He didn't know how long he would stay, but if the people were rude, it probably wouldn't have been very long.

"Salutations! Good morning! I would very much appreciate that!" Barry said, reaching into his pocket for a nickel and handing it to the boy. "Would you happen to know any places that serve good breakfast around here? I'm quite hungry from my journey here."
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

Tasse's smile lowered a smidge after seeing the tarts. "...No thanks, Parkin, desserts are much more enjoyable when they are... fully-formed and... shaped properly."

"You say you want to purchase a new oven?" He asked rhetorically, his countenance improving again. "Well... I have an offer for you, but I would appreciate if you came into my office so we can discuss it privately." He took a step back to allow Parkin some room.
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
enigma

Post by enigma »

Henderson Farm

Jenny's bike slows to a halt in front of a rolling green pasture. Behind a wooden fence, cows peacefully graze in the cool morning air. The calm silence occasionally broken only by the mooing of the cows.

Leading between the pastures, is a little dirt path to a little old cottage. Built of yellowed stone, and with red shingles for it's roof, it looks just as one might expect a farmhouse to look. In front of it, a little deck has been contructed out of wood, with a little rocking chair sitting on it. From it's chimney, a soft plume of smoke billows. Inside, someone must be cooking. More than likely, the Farmer's wife.

Next to the house, however, is a great big wooden barn. Red, with faded and flaking paint, it exudes an almost ominous aura, despite the cheerful warmth of the day.

Town Square

Upon receiving the coin, the child bites it to check that it's legit. Satisfied, he pockets it and tugs on his suspenders.

"Places to eat, eh? Well..."

He cocks his head, deep in thought.

"Most folk eat at the cafe. Have a nice cup of tea while they're at it... But, knowing you, you want the American Diner we have around here. Or! There's the bar at the inn! That always goes down a treat with out-of-towners! If you wanna take a butchers, I'd be happy to take you there, Mistah."

"Oh, dearie me." She chuckles. "I am a dotty old bird, aren't I?"

Mildred closes her bag and walks towards the office, slowly. Shuffling, really.

"You know, now that my eyesight's going, it's caused no end of hassle. Just the other day, I was speaking to this lovely young chap. When I realised that he wasn't saying anything."

She looks around the room, squinting. Looking for a place to sit.

"So, I tell him to speak up. And he doesn't. So I keep on going, but he keeps quiet. So, I tell him he's a very good listener but could he say something, please?"

She finds her way to a small shelf and sets her bag down on it. Clearing a space.

"Well, you know what happened?"

She grabs Mr. Tasse by his sleeve and leans in close, as if telling a secret.

"It turns out he was a postbox all along!" She laughs. "Can you believe it? A post box!"

She titters a little more, and then sits herself down on the shelf.

"So, about that loan... Ooh! Your chairs are very hard, Mr. Tasse." She whines.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Henderson Farm

Ah, the countryside. It was always nice to be out in the country.

But alas, she was here for work, and not for pleasure. She looked at the barn. Sure, it... Seemed quite suspicious. But... It almost seemed too suspicious. And, well, while investigative journalism was important, she... Didn't exactly want to risk her life here. Besides, it looked like someone was home, judging by the smoke coming out from the chimney. Best not to potentially upset anyone. Never really knew how the country folk would react to that, you know?

So, she decided to knock on the door of the house.

"Hi! I'm from the Pleasanton Papers! I was just wondering if you could answer some questions?" Jenny asked, with warmth exuding from her voice.

spd12
Spoken languages: English

Post by spd12 »

Truman's Auto Shop

'For a true man's work, trust Truman!' So said the old, faded wooden sign from decades ago that would be hung with pride if anyone ever cared to see to protecting it from the elements. Maybe it speaks to the strength of the slogan that it's still legible even after being hung out for so long. Who even knows.

The garage door is wide open. Cast within the shade of the brick building that has seen far better days is the barely visible silhouette of a man that appears to have dozed off in the comfort of the back of a muddy pick-up truck. His left arm dangles out the back without a care, and likely without much blood circulation. There seems to be a lack of a pillow to support his head. Can any man fall asleep against the cold, unfeeling steel of a vehicle against patches of rust, decay, and who knows how many years' worth of built-up grime?

This guy, it would seem.

With short black hair that manages to find some way to still be classified as 'messy,' the rebellious stubble that dares any man to shave it, and some blue jumpsuit that could stand to be replaced for the years of wear and tear it has suffered, Paul R. Truman - a local mechanic - is basically sleeping out in the open air barring the roof of the garage over his head.

Pleasanton has already gotten on with their day. He is none the wiser for the sunlight teasing his eyes to awaken.
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

"Parkin..." Bénédicte sighed. "The chair is over here, Parkin. I will politely ask you to not sit there."

After making sure she wasn't about to smash a family photo or something with her rear again, Tasse sat down and began to make his proposal...
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!