[RP] Welcome to Pleasanton

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Re: [RP] Welcome to Pleasanton

Post by enigma »

Police Station

To both Spencer and Jenny, the receptionist puts up a finger to indicate silence.

"The chief is busy and case files are restricted to officers only. So, no and no."

She glares with one eye at Spencer, the other focused on the work in front of her.

"And, let me tell you right off the bat, FBI or CIA or MI6 or whatever... You're not going to get any special treatment in this town. So, watch your step, buddy... Just a word of warning."

With that, she resumed tapping away at her laptop.

Town Square

"Good to hear, Mistah! Glad you're enjoying our town..."

The child chuckled, cheerily.

"So, you're here on vacation? Must be pretty cool to get to travel around the world whenever you want to! I wish I could do that, but I'm stuck here..."

He sighs and kicks a pebble.

"So, if you wanna see some sights... Heheh~! I can show you something really crazy! Wanna go see it?"
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Police Station

Jenny sighed. Oh well. At least she tried. And, well, it was a decent enough clip of information, right?

Jenny heads back to Pleasanton Papers and reports her findings to her boss.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
enigma

Post by enigma »

Police Station

All of a sudden, the doors to the police station burst open and in walks a police officer with short, sandy-brown hair. The look on his face just tells you that he looks quite grumpy, as if he got up on the wrong side of the bed in the morning and forgot to eat breakfast.

"Morning, Mellie. Chief Bailey in yet?" he says, walking up to the receptionist desk. His heard turns to face you for a moment, shooting you a suspicious glance. "Any reason some FBI Agent's in the station?" he asks, keeping his eye on you. "Bah, none of my business anyway. I'm heading in, bad enough I had to skip breakfast to get here on time, now I have to look over some damn paperwork."

"Tch." Mellie, the receptionist, clicked her tongue in irritation. "Yes, he's in. But he's busy. What do you want, Howard?"

"Bah, nothing. I was just checking in before I went on-duty. See ya." replies Howard, as his name seems to be. He shoots you another suspicious glance before he heads further into the station.

Pleasanton Papers

The door to Cornelius' Office is closed and locked. Looks like he's busy...
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Town Square

"Yes, it is quite pretty cool being able to travel all over place. It is shame you are stuck here, but you are young now. You still have time to travel the world one day." Barry replied. "In fact, just be looking at me! I was boy once, stuck in town, but now I travel! I am wishing you luck with that in future."

"As for the really crazy, take me to it! I am wanting to see this really crazy, and if there is interesting thing around here, I must see it! Let us go!" he says.

Barry lets the boy take him to the something really crazy.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

Police Station

I hurry to stop the policeman, Howard I believe, before he can wander off anywhere.

"Officer Howard, right? Agent Spencer Ross Parker. I'm here on very sensitive matters, and I'd like to take a minute of your time." I pull out my voice recorder from my pocket, and press down on the record button "Confidential case, ID 004 HGY 332. I'm here with officer Howard of the Pleasanton police station." I hold the recorder between us so it can pick both of us up "Officer, have you any information on events in your town of a very unsettling, questionable, disturbing, or horrific nature? Please speak clearly and in detail."
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Pleasanton Papers

Busy, eh? Jenny sighed. Figures so. That... Usually happened.

Jenny writes a note explaining what she found.

She really needed to take her mind off of... Well, whatever she saw with the cow and all that... Weirdness.

Jenny headed off and entered the bar.

The Winking Owl Bar and Inn

"Oh, hey there, Grace. Guess Greg went out or something? Either way... I'll get a pint please."

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Arivenzys
Spoken languages: Français, English

Post by Arivenzys »

Waldemar was sitting for some time on the entrance of the bar when he saw the woman enter. Judging by her deamanor and the way she adressed to the other client, he supposed she was an insider. And so, he didn't try to intervene, as this could be bad-received. On the other hand, he was actually curious about all of this disappearances. The barman would probably know, but he was precisely the one who warned him... And "Grace" probably heard the conversation. So that newcomer was actually the only possibility to talk.

He remained silent for the time being, seemingly reading the brochure. He just wanted to learn what this woman could possibly do in town to know if she was potentially aware of all that stuff...

Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

The First Regional Bank of Pleasanton

Out the window, Bénédicte could see various villagers going to and fro. There's the baker who makes those really good garlic-seasoned breadsticks driving south, his name unfortunately escaping Bénédicte. There goes one of the journalists for the paper, Jamieson. And that's... a very patriotic newcomer being lead by a small child. He's going to assume that the outfit is some form of satire.

Tasse closes out the game (Gah, the fortress formation has triumped over him again!) and begins to absentmindedly look down his database for anyone who may be defaulting on a loan soon.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

Grace gave a faint wave of her hand to Jenny, and didn't even bother to look at Waldemar longer than a millisecond. "Hello, Jenny. Yes, that is indeed the case - Greg is out on an errand, and I'm just sitting here with not a lot to do until the sun sets." She shrugged. "And I'm not the barkeeper... serve yourself, please." Grace adjusted her scarf for a moment.

She looked around the Bar once more. That outsider... for some reason, she couldn't help but feel he was looking at her for even a moment. It was only natural to her that people would look at her, sure, because she's well-known around these parts, but this outsider... might just be the same one as earlier today. 'How pitiful...', she thought.

"How was your morning so far?" Grace asked Jenny.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Jenny gave a half-smile.

"Eh, thought I'd get lucky for once, and have you actually pour me a pint."

She proceeded to grab a glass and pull the lever until her glass was full of beer. Obviously, she'd done it many times before.

"How's the morning been? The usual, digging through things, and finding out things..." She cracked a half-smile. "Why else do you think I'm here this early?", Jenny asked, before proceeding to drink a swig of beer.

She looked in the direction of Waldermar before turning back to Grace.

"What's his deal?"

enigma

Post by enigma »

Police Station

The officer sighs as you catch up with him. The look on his face really tells you that he does not want to do this at all. He rubs the temples of his forehead, clearly trying his best not to completely lose patience with you.

"Bah, look here Agent Ross. Don't mess with local matters that don't concern you Feds. As far as I'm concerned, you have no jurisdiction here, you're just another outsider who wants to stick his nose in business that isn't theirs. You want to investigate that badly? Well good luck getting to the Chief. Hah!"

Without any further word, he leaves you before you can say anything in return.

A while passes... You hear the occasional sound of cursing and crashing, and from down the hall comes the chief of Police.

"Agent Spencer Ross Parker." He begins, his hand held out and shaking. "My name is Bailey. I am the chief here...."

A middle aged man with haggard features, stubble and wide, bloodshot paranoid eyes... He moves with a strange shuffle.

"Allow me to assist in any way I can with your investigation. I insist... But if there's any Sovi- funny business..."

He glares at Spencer, before returning to a smile. He pats his gun.

"Well, we can't have that. Hahahaha..."

?????

The boy leads Barry through the woods on a strange and winding path. Until, eventually, they make their way down a small cliff into a little cave.

"Here it is!"

The boy pipes up, at last. Chipper and enthusiastic. But the sight before him was... not something to be excited about.

A red square, each corner sporting a burnt out candle, drawn in what seems to be blood. In the middle of the square sits fragments of bone, presumably human, and a small, pink handbag. The walls of the cave are splattered with blood and gore as well.

The only thing on the wall untouched by crimson fluid is a large engraving. An image of the Chinese Zodiac, of all things. However, in the center of the engraving is a drawing of a figure. Wreathed in ocher paints, hiding him from view, all that can be seen are white, empty, square eyes and flickers of a white coat...

The boy gasps.

"Oh! It wasn't like this yesterday... What happened..."

The First Regional Bank of Pleasanton

No-one to hound for a loan today, sadly... However, Old Greg's Inn is overdue on a few bill payments with the electricity and water and all that. Might do to give him a visit.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Pleasanton Market

It was nice to get out of the inn for once. The only reason he needed to go out was for errands. Buy the occasional missing ingredient, restock supplies, pay the bills...

Right, the bills.

Well, he'll get to that once he absolutely needed to. Maybe he'll see Tasse in the inn some time soon. Greg and him had known each other for awhile. Always smiled, very friendly, a shining example of your normal Pleasanton local. Hopefully he does stop by later.

Greg looks around the market for the stuff he needs.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

?????

Barry stood there for a moment processing the scene. Then he let out a bloodcurdling scream. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Sacre bleu! What is this!? This is... This is... skeletons and bloods and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Little boy, this is not good! What is this you have leading me to!? This is no place for children to be playing! I-I-I... I must run! I must flee!" Barry shouted, running back down the path he came and back to the inn.

The doorknob twisted back and forth frantically, and there was more scratching at the door. It flew open, and Barry came in. He immediately shut it and stood in front of it, struggling to catch his breath. "Horrible... It was horrible... This is nice little town... Why that?" he stepped away from the door, once more taking a seat. "Good morning, miss." he said, waving at Jenny halfheartedly rather than the enthusiastic smile he had given the others. "And hello again to you others. This is nice little town so far, but what I just experienced... It is only first day of vacation here... May I be getting a glass of water?"
The Final but not so ending chapter.
enigma

Post by enigma »

Marketplace

"Hullo! Gregory..."

A voice calls out. It's Mildred. Smiling politely behind Greg.

"Funny seeing you here! I've just been wandering around after getting myself a wonderful loan, you know? In any case, want some pie?"

She holds out her handbag, presumably still filled with pastry.

????????

"Tch..."

The child clicks his tongue angrily.

"This was unexpected... Just what the hell is this..."

He looks up at the engraving.

"That's all that was meant to be here..."

He looks around, examining the place, and then disappears without a trace.
Arivenzys
Spoken languages: Français, English

Post by Arivenzys »

The tourist barged in, seemingly panicked by something. Waldemar was still consulting the map -even if he was close to the end of the legal notices- but he got up and went to him. As he was an outsider like him, he would probably not be too close-minded.

"Hello again, but, mister, are you okay ? You look like you saw a ghost outside... You should sit down and calm yourself a little bit. For the water, err... The bartender is outside for now, so I don't know if we're allowed to use the glasses here. Excuse me, myladies ?"

He turned toward the two woman that were talking with each other. One of them had just pour herself a drink, but maybe they were allowed to do so, as insider, contrary to him. So he simply asked some informations :

"Can we take a glass for this man ? He seems in shock, and cooling a little with some water is a good idea."