[RP] Welcome to Pleasanton

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Re: [RP] Welcome to Pleasanton

Post by Mono »

The Winking Owl Bar and Inn

Grace sighed, putting her cup down and watching the coffee inside. "Who knows. I prefer older men, anyway." She laughed quietly, however quickly changing the topic.

"Of course. But I'll make sure to keep an eye out if anything out of place happens." Grace asserted. "And you should do the same, Greg. You never know what might happen. Next thing you know, there'll be a crop circle at our farms. Now that'd be worrying." Afterwards, she hummed a tune and started finishing up her coffee, only a bit left. A yawn escaped her red lips, covering her mouth with her scarf.

"I don't think I have anything to do until dawn breaks in. Maybe I should go around town or see what other people might find their way around here..."
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

"I'm more concerned whether these outside folk will waltz in on business that isn't theirs." Greg replies, stirring more sugar into his coffee. "But either way, the inn's still open to 'em. Has to be. The Owlfords have always kept guests in this inn since they built it. Kept them under their watchful eye."

Greg finished stirring and set aside the spoon. "And if you're singing tonight, I might as well make getting your favorite drink part of my errands for today when I have free time, ran out of it last night. As much as I hate leaving the place unattended." He says with a sigh.

"You see any outsiders, you tell 'em to stop by the inn. It'll be good to let them know the places around town. Plus, I'll get to know 'em. Once I seem 'em, I'll remember 'em. I never forget a face, after all."

He smiles as he says that, sipping from his cup of coffee.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Town Square

As Waldemar sits with his luggage, a man carrying a briefcase walks up to him.

"Hello, there, Sir! Can I interest you in a map? Only 3 quid. It even has all the tourist info you could possibly need written on it!"

The man beams, practically trying to force the map into Waldemar's hands.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Town Square

"Much appeciations, young man! I should also be looking for a place to stay, so the inn is probably a good choice! May try out the other places for lunch and dinner." He made a mental note.

"Now, lead the way onwards to the inn-bar-place, if you please! I must be making with the eatings." he smiled. So far, this place was off to a good start. Friendly people, quite a few places to eat, nice weather. He'd have to let his wife know so they could make plans to come here together one day.

Barry lets the boy take him to the inn.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Henderson Farm

Ah. So her name was Pepper.

She always hated this part of interviewing, though. Re-opening old wounds like this. It was always... The worst. But still... She knew it was always a part of her job...

"I see. Nice to meet you Pepper!" Smile across her face.

She immediately returned to a more neutral expression.

"I'm... Sorry to re-open wounds so soon, but... What exactly were the... Circumstances behind your husband's accident?"

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Suddenly, a presence at the door. Oh he knew the wind brought something in with it today. He certainly felt it. There was no mistaking it.

"Hold that thought, Grace. I think we have ourselves a guest." Gregory Owlford says, eyeing the door. He put down his coffee cup as the door creaked open.

"Come right in, the Winking Owl Bar and Inn is always open to customers and patrons alike." he says aloud, making sure whoever was outside could hear him.
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

English Countryside

A black Cadillac Eldorado rushed through the vacant road, surrounded on both sides by thick woodland. Animals scurry as they hear the car approach from far away, leaving the lonely road completely void of any life, except for that of the sole inhabitant of the Cadillac. Inside the Cadillac sits a certain FBI agent: Spencer Ross Parker. He's driving the car with one hand, and using the other to look over case details on a laptop. On his shoulder sits a cell phone, he's making an important call.

"No, no. You've got it all wrong." I speak into the phone "It's peer pressure. He does it because that's what he needs to do. Listen, Shaggy has become the butt of all the plans - the bait - since they beginning. Why does he keep doing it? Is it for the Scooby snacks? No, it's the only way he gets to stay in the group. Otherwise he's practically useless. So he does it again and again, risking his life, just so he can keep being friends with the gang. ...Hello?" I take the phone in my hand. Out of service range "Hm. No coverage here. What did I expect."

I puts the phone down and close the laptop. No point having them there if I can't use them.

"What do you think Jean? Of Pleasanton? Do you think we'll even understand some of the locals? It might be hard getting clues when we can't speak whatever thick English accent goes around here. I admit I needed a bit of a break from the city, get some fresh air, but I didn't think I'd be thrown off to Britain. I don't like the idea of living in one of those thatched-roof houses. With the stone ovens. You've always wanted to see this sort of stuff, though, right Jean? But spending more than a few days here is going to get boring. Well, maybe the food will be good. Let's hope the British tea tradition isn't so strong in this town, I could really use a good cup of coffee..."

I slow the Cadillac down as the village came into view. There it is: Pleasanton. It's a bumpy ride across the streets, but with nowhere to park my car I couldn't get out and walk. Places like this are pretty confusing. No organised street systems. Just chaos. But I eventually find that inn the FBI pointed me to. As I pull up into a parking spot, I take a moment to appreciate the name. "The Winking Owl Bar and Inn". Bars always have pretty odd names, and I can't for the life of me decide why. I assume this is a family business, so why not name it after that? Maybe this town reveres some one-eyed owl god? I wouldn't put it past them. These English people are strange ones.

I push open the doors of the inn, and approach the bar. I knock on the wood to get some attention, and clear my throat.
Arivenzys
Spoken languages: Français, English

Post by Arivenzys »

Town Square

A little surprised by the sudden arrival of this salesman, Waldemar didn't had the time to talk he already had the map in his hands. When he came back to his senses, he answered to the man :

"Oh, hum, thanks mister. That's very welcomed, I'll take one. But... What is a quid, exactly ? I only have pounds on me..."

Maybe it was the local currency, in which case he hoped that the few money he had on him could be accepted anyway...

DLA

Post by DLA »

There was a knock at the door. Then the doorknob began to twist wildly, and there was scratching at the door. Finally, the doorknob slowly began to twist...

The door burst open, and Barry Normal entered the inn. "Good morning! Apologies for that, had a bit of trouble getting the door open!" he said, strolling over to the bar and taking a seat, the zippers on his backpack jingling the entire time. "I was just arriving here today, and I am looking for a place to stay and get some nourishment." he said, sliding the backpack straps off his arms and placing the backpack on the ground. "Am I right in assuming this is a place for both?"
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

The singer raised and eyebrow at the bartender, then grinned. "You're too sweet, Greg. A Bloody Mary or Margarita will always do just fine when it comes to the bar drinks, though I suppose I require less alcoholic drinks sometimes." She smiled softly.

Grace finished up her coffee for real this time, setting the cup down and shoving it away a tiny bit. "Well, that certainly didn't take long. Looks like I won't even have to step outside, hahaha..." Grace mused and turned around to see who had entered...

First was a rather well-dressed man. She hid herself behind her scarf and did not bother to greet, the same goes for the other person who had burst open the door so rudely. She turned around to look into Greg's eyes...
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Greg knew today was going to be a jazzy morning. He could almost hear a relaxing jazz tune play in the background as he entered. Who is he? Well, none other than the special guest he'd been paid a generous sum to reserve a room for. The clothes of the man who entered the door just screamed the words 'Outsider'. That, and the fact the Greg has never seen this man's face before. Greg made eye contact with Grace, looks like she wasn't bothering greeting the outsider. The man in the suit knocked on the counter, clearing his throat, as if cuing Greg to do a rehearsed response.

Outsider he may be, but at least he's a rich outsider. Greg reached under the counter and produced a key, placing it in front of the man in the suit.

"Agent Spencer Ross Parker, I assume?" he asks for the sake of courtesy. "Gregory Owlford, I own this establishment. Your reservation has been fully paid for the extent of your stay and your room has been arranged according to specifications. Food can be cooked and the special drinks are served at night. If you have any questions, I can answer them."

Then the door burst in, this is where that 'jazzy tune' would have just suddenly cut. In came what could only be described as Great Britain's son's bastard child's first cousin twice removed. In other words, an American Tourist. An almost rude one at that.

Greg forced a smile on his face. "The Winking Owl Bar and Inn, Gregory Owlford at your service. We have rooms of varying prices and food and drink, with entertainment at night. What will it be, sir?"
DLA

Post by DLA »

"Ah, so this is the place. Looks nice enough. I can tell my stay will be a comfortable one!" he said, smiling. "Once again, good morning to you, sir!" he looked at Owlford, "And to you!" he looked to Agent Parker, "And to you too, miss!" he looked over to Grace.

"Now then, I will be the requiring of a room, and would also like to look at what you have available for breakfast. I like to see what the food is like in a town first when I travel. Helps me get a good feel for things." he replied to Owlford, still smiling.
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

"Yes... good morning." replies Greg to the strange man. "Room 5-0 is available if you want it. Five quid a night. As for food, take a look at what's on the menu." He gestures to the owl-shaped sign board hanging on the wall which contained a list of various food and drink with the corresponding price. It seemed to contain the typical British food you'd expect from a town like this, but there were a few foreign dishes here and there too.

"Of course, you could just ask for something and I'll see if I'll be able to make it. I've been handing this inn for a long time, learned everything I needed in order to keep it up and running."

He takes the coffee pot and places two mugs on the bar, pouring fresh, hot coffee into both of them. "While you decide on what to eat, would you like some coffee? Complimentary, of course."

Gregory offers the tourist man a cup and pushes one over near to the Agent, should he take it.
DLA

Post by DLA »

"Yes, that is sounding very good! I shall take that room." Barry replied. "Much appreciates." he grabbed the cup of coffee. "Now then, what to eat... Hmm..." he sat there scratching his head for a solid ten seconds, treating the breakfast question as if it were an algebra test.

"Ah! I know!" he raised his pointer finger up in the air, as if he had some major breakthrough. "I will be having eggs and bacons. Sunny-side-up for the eggs, and crispy for the bacons, preferably." he took a few sips from the coffee. "This is very good. I am liking this so far."
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Gregory Owlford blinked.

"I see. Well, you're not the first outsider to request that." he says, scratching the stubble on his chin. As expected of the man who wears the American flag for clothing. The accent and his manner of speaking were a tad strange, however. You never really knew what to expect from outsiders, except to be completely surprised by them. This man was lucky Greg was one of the more friendly people. He turns to Grace and speaks.

"I'll be back in the kitchen making breakfast. I leave these guests to you, if you're not going anywhere. Shall I prepare your usual meal?"