[RP] Flytrap Canyon - A Steampunk Western

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Re: [RP] Flytrap Canyon - A Steampunk Western

Post by Alnar »

The Weapon Shop

Okay, he hasn't seen me yet, maybe I can just back out and-

And that was when Rachel came up behind him at the entrance.

...Crap. he thought, though he was now much more tempted to say something stronger. So much for not drawing attention. He has Drifter ahead of him and Rachel behind him right now. He knew that girl he bumped into was familiar. Guess she recognized him too and followed. Or perhaps she just wanted to say sorry for being a nuisance on the road.

The only thing that could make this worse was if those bandits came in here looking for him and started a bloodbath. And depending on their mood, John might be a third-party to the entire scenario. He didn't particularly like the thought of that. There was only one thing he could do now. Hopefully they don't know he turned coat yet.

"Hello..." John says, cutting her off. He turned to face her, his body loosened up a bit and he spoke in a more casual tone than a serious one. "I thought I recognized you earlier, Bubbles, sorry about that."

Now that he spoke, he was sure to have drawn the attention of that man, but what could he do?
Last edited by Alnar on Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Margot - Flytrap Town Entrance

Margot pulled her cabinet of oddities behind her, her cat Socrates laying atop it restlessly. "We have arrived, little one. It's nothing special, but nothing we're not used to." she said, stopping at the entrance and petting the cat. "After we catch these bandits, we will be living like royalty. Buy a big mansion, build a museum of oddities so as to create more steady income, and let the dollars pour in. But for now, it seems we shall have to stick to our current ways. The only catch is not getting caught this time." she smiled, the cat looking no more amused than before.

She looked up from the cat at her fellow hunter. "You didn't hear any of that, did you? Never mind. I shall take note if I am in need of your help." she said. This one seemed a tad bit too optimistic, and the drifter one was just a complete mystery. She wasn't exactly a fan of her teammates, but she'd have to work with them if she wanted to stay out of jail. "I shall be looking for a place to set up camp. We will be meeting up later, I trust." She looked around a bit.

If she was going to look for a place to stay, it'd make sense to ask someone who knew these parts well. A man with a bowler hat and odd eyes stuck out to her in particular. He looked rather well-off, like the kind she'd usually pickpocket or sell "magic elixir" to. Her "magic elixir", was, in reality, just a mixture of water and honey. She approached him, pulling her cabinet of oddities behind her. "Bonjour, monsieur. Would you be knowing of any places where a traveling businesswoman and entertainer of sorts may be able to camp out?" she asked, staring directly at his mask's eyes.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sleuth »

@DLA: Officially accepted. Your starting point is the Canyon Mouth.

The Tavern:

"Robbery? Nah, that's something for the authorities to handle!" Sheriff Kidd laughed, before it suddenly struck him that he WAS the authorities. "...But nah, this is much bigger news-- News guaranteed to change things around here for good!"

He seemed to have forgotten all about the strawberry milk. Sheriff Kidd quickly reached into his pocket and produced a pink piece of paper, unfolding it and slapping it onto the bar. Looking down at it, one could see a detailed illustration of what looked to be a many-armed machine with a stetson hat, and a large, eye-like orb. At the top of the page were the words:

"MANY ARMS. SUCH DRILL. FIND GOLD IN YOUR AREA WITH THE ORBODRILL. COMES WITH DRILLS, BUILT IN METAL DETECTOR AND ALSO DRILLS!"

And below that, an obscenely high price, guaranteed to curdle milk alone with its absurdity.

"It was a big investment," Kidd said, proudly stroking the paper, "But the salesman promised me it'd be a worthwhile deal! Said most people weren't clever enough to see the full potential or Orbodrill. Also I think he was French, and like, the French are never wrong."

Flytrap Town:

"Thank you. They are good creatures." The Goatman murmured, rubbing the heads of one of his goats. It did his heart good to hear his dear goats appreciated. He put his goat whistle to his lips, and with a sharp call, the goat bothering Harvey quickly darted back to his side. Even still, the smell of goat lingered nearby.

He gestured to his goats, who all stared up at him with wide, expectant eyes. "...I want them cared for when I am... gone."

"...I wish to write my will." The Goatman said. "Will you help me?"
songotenman
Spoken languages: English, Danish

Post by songotenman »

A wild App appears
Spoiler : :
Name: Michael Hackler
Group: Hunter
Gear:
Hoverboard - One of Michael's favorite inventions. It is able to go rather fast.
Flamethrower V.3 - Another one of his favorite inventions, and Michael's weapon of choice.
Goggles - Michael's favorite goggles. Has a nightvision function.
Bag - A Bag filled with lots of different machine parts, so Michael can build inventions whenever he wants. Carried by Ingolus.
Ingolus - Michael's robot assistent.
Water Storage Unit - A small robot made for carrying around water.
Other: Michael is a famous inventor who has been considered a prodigy by many. And that is not undeserved, as Michael has invented many machines that are used all over the world. But while he does take requests, when invents something for personal use, it tends to be more "cool" than actually useful. Michael himself is also a bit childish, and he also talks rather fast
Michael is 5.2 feet tall and has messy blonde hair and clear green eyes. He wears a dull green shirt underneath his gray jacket, at pair of beige pants, and a pair of brown shoes.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

@song: Accepted. Your starting location is the Canyon Mouth.
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Rachel- Weapon's Shop

Rachel discoered with glee that her initial suspicions were confirmed upon hearing the man's voice, and celebrated by pumping her fist into the air and turned to face the ex-hunter, getting closer to him in a soft voice.

"I knew it! I knew you weren't dead! Everybody kept saying 'No Rachel, if he survived he would have tried to find us.' But no, I was right! You just came here to scout the area and stuff, right? Fantastic idea, was just doing the same myself!" Rachel spoke at an extremely rapid clip, to the point that it would likely be difficult for a normal person to completely make out what it was she saying.

The woman then suddenly let out a wistful sigh. "And you know, it's good that you're alright. It means we have one more person on our side, and with bigger numbers, it'll be far easier for this to end peacefully, you know?"
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

The Weapon Shop

Bubbles, that was what he called Rachel. Sweet girl, almost always cheerful. She was one you could count on to always be supportive. She also tries to find the most peaceful approach to any given situation, though she has skills as a hunter, no doubt. On the job, she knows what she's doing and if it came to it, she'd do what was required of her. John could respect her as a fellow hunter.

Her last comment however, struck hard. Though not evident on his expression, his head slightly turned away from Rachel as she said that. He needed to keep the conversation going before she noticed.

"Yeah, I'm alright Bubbles. It'd take a lot for someone like me to die! Thanks for keeping the hope, I can always count on you for that." he says, partially smiling. "It's been rough the past few days, with the whole chase that happened." That wasn't a lie. "But, I can't let that stop me from doing what I need to do." Vague, but not a lie. Perhaps he could gather some information from her that might be of help to the bandits?

"As you said, I was scouting. I came into town to get some supplies." Not a lie, but he was going to be getting a lot of supplies. He needed something to pass of as an excuse for that. "Food, water, ammo, you know my style. I like to camp out and keep watch. Got any news on the bandits?" he asks, seeing if she knew anything about their whereabouts.
DSY

Post by DSY »

The Hideout

Natashi gulped in terror.

"S-Sell us out!?"

The thought of being betrayed, captured, and put in jail, shook Natashi to the core. If she was sold out by the EX-Hunter, and was captured by the Hunters, her life would extensively be over. All of her dreams and aspirations, dashed in an instant. Natashi could not sit idle and let that happen.

"N-No way! No way am I letting anyone sell us out!" Natashi yells, stomping her foot into the ground. "We need to capture him, IMMEDIATELY! When do we leave!?"
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

The Tavern - Vikki:

Vikki just stared at the pink piece of paper, dumbfounded. He actually INVESTED in that? And for that much money? "Listen, hon. When someone says that most people aren't clever enough to see potential in something, they're trying to scam you. I'll bet you these three coins that thing doesn't even work... And think about it! Do you really think you're going to find enough gold to make a profit off of this? Especially with the bandits around. They'll probably just-" Vikki cut herself off mid-sentence, and seemed to be contemplating something...

"Actually, thinking about it a little more, the bandits are hiding somewhere in town, aren't they? A million in gold isn't easy to conceal. They're probably hiding it in their hideout. We might be able to use this to sniff them out. Ah... Sorry if I seem a little too focused on that. I think their presence is making people scared to leave their own houses, y'know?"
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

The Tavern:

Sheriff Kidd frowned, his gaze sinking as the Bartender pushed her lousy "reason" onto him. Didn't she realize how big a deal this was? He'd know if he'd been scammed, he was a grown man! And now she was on about bandits again, like they were a problem. Figures. Nobody ever cares about good old Sheriff Kidd, and the hard work HE'D done. How inconsiderate of her, not even thinking about HIS feelings.

"...Well it's a bit late to be telling me all this, because Orbodrill is due here any minute now!" Kidd exclaimed, dropping his fist onto the counter. "And it WILL make me my money back, and no bandit in town is gonna stop me! They can go ahead and take whatever they want from the big corporations, but if they try to tangle with the Kidd, I won't show 'em any mercy!"

But maybe there was something to what she was saying. After all, what if the bandits got Orbodrill for themselves? He'd be out so much money with no way to make it back! Well, he could do his job, but let's not be crazy, now.

"...But if it'll make you feel better," Kidd muttered, hiking up his belt, "I'll go... do a few patrols around town and stuff. That sound good?"
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Gun Shop

"You two seem chatty."

Despite the amount of weight the Drifter seemed to carry on his person, he seemed to move as swiftly and quietly as the wind. At least, that's what it seemed like when he appeared behind Connor. His presence made him see larger than he was, his presence towering over the other two in the shop. He stuffed several freshly purchased strings of ammo into the briefcase he carried by his side. A glint of the lanterns above could be seen shining off the metal of his famous gun from within the case for a brief moment before he snapped the clasps shut. His expression was unreadable in his voice, and nobody could see where he was looking from behind the goggles he wore. He spoke to Rachel almost through Connor; the man stood between the two, but the Drifter chose to only address her.

"Do you know this fella'?" he asked her, placing his metallic hand firmly on Connor's shoulder with a grip just tight enough to be hard to tell if it was agressive or not.

----

Flytrap Town

Harvey seemed surprised. "A will? Why, this is unexpected! You may not be at your most spry, but you still have a lot of life left in you, I'd think." He gave the Goatman a wide smile. "But I understand and sympathize. I wouldn't be so soon to rush to meet my maker, but preparation for the worst is important! I'd be more than happy to help in any way I can, Señor."

Harvey's discussion with the Goatman was briefly interrupted, however, by a young woman that seemed to approach him. "Ah, pardon me," he told the Goatman with an apologetic gesture, and he turned to Margot. "A businesswoman and entertainer, eh? Ah, you must be one of the hunters hired by Pinkman, am I correct? I've heard rumors about the lot of you, and someone of your particular description seems to fit the bill! I actually had hoped to greet you lot upon your arrival in town, but was caught up with some riff-raff. The name's Harvey Copper, and I'm this town's leading candidate for mayor and, if you may be so inclined, your newest ally!" He extended a hand to shake. "Pleased to meet you, good madam. I know this town like the back of my hand, so I'd be ecstatic to show you wherever you wish to go, should you allow me."
Spoiler : OoC :
I can go back and forth between Goatman and Margot as needed, so feel free to keep up both conversations here.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Flytrap Town

"Indeed, yes, I am one of the hunters." Margot replied, shaking his hand. "As for my name..." she said, putting one hand on her hat, and then gesturing to the side of the cabinet. "I am Minerva the Magnificent." She had painted her stage name on the side of it rather fancily. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mr. Copper." She spoke in a French accent like she usually did, but unbeknownst to most, it was fake. She had lost her accent long ago, but faked it around others because she believed it made her sound more sophisticated.

"My fellow hunters are off attending to their own business, but I am currently searching for a place to set up my little wagon of wonders and also possibly a tent. Would you happen to know of any places like that?" she smiled. The guy had seemed like an easy mark on first glance, but he was apparently a politician. She'd have to watch her back with this one, for all she knew, he could be more slick than she was. For now she'd keep up the facade, this guy could end up being useful. Socrates continued to lay about, looking still more displeased at the presence of Copper.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Flytrap Town

Harvey's smile widened. His handshake was firm and confident.

"Bonjour, Madame Minerva! A pleasure. I wish I knew more French myself, but sadly reading foreign languages isn't exactly my greatest strength right now!" His eyes blinked twice, as if he was just waiting for a punchline. "Worry not, though, I'm sure I can find you something. I can sympathize with an aspiring business owner such as yourself as a man raised on handing out pamphlets door-to-door half his teenage life. If you want my honest opinion, I suggest finding yourself a spot to make camp as close as possible to our local bar. I don't approve of manipulating those under the influence, mind you, but it's one of the most active sites in town and a place where people are more than willing to throw their money at whatever suits their fancy on a moment's notice! If you wish, I can see if I can pull strings and talk to the owner of the estabishment to approve your business there. Think of it as a welcome gift of sorts for being one of the brave soldiers hunting down those fiends of the wild west!" He grinned, and he made one of the lights of his mask flash, as if signifying a friendly wink.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Rachel- Weapon's Shop

A part of Rachel, some thoroughly buried portion of her psyche, caused her to be reflexively afraid of the larger man. But she quickly dismissed such thought as foolishness. He was one of them, after all. She ran her hand through her crimson red hair as she spoke.

"Hm? Oh, yeah! He's a... friend? Friend sounds good, let's call him a friend. He's working with us, actually. Went after some bandits here, and people thought he'd died. But looks like he pulled through!" Rachel forwent the excited babble that colored his original speech, her words only possessing a modicum of enthusiasm- she doubted her conversation partner would really appreciate an excess of energy.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

The Weapon Shop

John felt the sudden presence behind him and tensed as a cold metal hand touched his shoulder and gripped it firmly. It was almost as if the arm was ready to lift him up and throw him through the wall. He knew this man. He knew what they called him, he knew his reputation as a mercenary. "The Drifter", a man to be feared when he's got your name on his hit list. Though his loyalty was questionable, as it goes to whoever has the thicker purse.

"You know, Jake," he says, deciding to call the man that, despite not knowing his real name. He speaks nonchalantly, betraying no sense of nervousness in his voice. "It's rude to talk about people behind their back. Why don't I get behind yours to return the favor?"

He's facing Rachel as he says this, but his black glasses cover his eyes, making it hard to know where he was actually looking. If one were to guess, it would probably be looking at the metal hand on his shoulder.

"My two partners died because of the bandits." That wasn't a lie, it was because of them that he had to kill the two. "Luckily I escaped death and managed to keep them in sight until we hit this canyon." Still somewhat true. He was always good at twisting the truth around. Comes with the experience.
Spoiler : OoC @Got :
Something you may want to consider when making your response:

If the Drifter ever found the bodies of John's partners during the chase, he'd notice that they were shot in the back. Strange if they were killed by bandits they should have been facing at the time.

Just in case you wanted to raise more tension in the room that would eventually lead into a fight.